Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Contests & Quests
Need a boost?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Need some gold?
  Sure....I guess
  Nah...Im pretty gaia rich.
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 pm
Maybe some of you arent too used to the new gold economy yet.

So to help out 5 of you. The first 5 people to reply will get 100b gold.

Although, Im not going to make it easy....Oh no...you must...

Name the username of the person in the post above you. (You can edit your post if you get it wrong).

You may post anything else in your reply, and post any number of times. But only your first reply in this thread will be eligible.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:24 pm
Sagebomb emotion_awesome

So do you play the market as much now as you once did? Say I had a bunch of GCash to spend...what's good investments nowadays?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:56 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Sagebomb emotion_awesome

So do you play the market as much now as you once did? Say I had a bunch of GCash to spend...what's good investments nowadays?

Unfortunatly not really, I do have a couple things listed which are somewhat expensive on a mule, and if they sell I look to replace them with other big things with an okay margin. But its very passive. If using GC I would l look at what items are listed for in the cash shop and check what they are selling for in MP and just look for the best ratio.

But I havent really been deep in the market for a few years. But once you know a market its not too hard to figure out with a bit of time. Especially reading through the exchange forum helps to know whats selling and what people are offering. Though with a lot of bigger items offers are still in the shadow world of PMs.

Trades coming from gdapw  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:40 pm
I DON'T NEED YOUR FILTHY GOLDS!!

Actually can't remember when the last time I bought an item for gold was. xD  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:54 am
DarkMoonSlayer

Is that gold as in mentioning the name of the user above...or...?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 pm
Sagebomb
DarkMoonSlayer

User above is Goldie not gold! talk2hand  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:52 pm
DarkMoonSlayer
Sagebomb
DarkMoonSlayer

User above is Goldie not gold! talk2hand

But I call him gold emo  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:25 pm
Sagebomb
Unfortunatly not really, I do have a couple things listed which are somewhat expensive on a mule, and if they sell I look to replace them with other big things with an okay margin. But its very passive. If using GC I would l look at what items are listed for in the cash shop and check what they are selling for in MP and just look for the best ratio.

But I havent really been deep in the market for a few years. But once you know a market its not too hard to figure out with a bit of time. Especially reading through the exchange forum helps to know whats selling and what people are offering. Though with a lot of bigger items offers are still in the shadow world of PMs.

Trades coming from gdapw

Hm, I thought about doing the whole GC to current market price ratio thing, but wasn't sure if, say, certain things tended to increase in value more over time than others. Like, as far as patterns go, since I know letter values vary depending on how cool the items are.

Hehe, shadow world of PMs. It's where all the illicit trades go down, no doubt.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:44 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Hm, I thought about doing the whole GC to current market price ratio thing, but wasn't sure if, say, certain things tended to increase in value more over time than others. Like, as far as patterns go, since I know letter values vary depending on how cool the items are.

Hehe, shadow world of PMs. It's where all the illicit trades go down, no doubt.

talk2hand letters are waaaay oldschool, even rigs are. I would be looking more into limited quantity items really.

Not necessarily illicit (but probably), but when prices are kept from public eye, then buyers/sellers can take more advantage by knowing values which arent publically known. Or they can manipulate them more. Because when things trade publically it sets a standard.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:01 pm
Sagebomb
talk2hand letters are waaaay oldschool, even rigs are. I would be looking more into limited quantity items really.

Not necessarily illicit (but probably), but when prices are kept from public eye, then buyers/sellers can take more advantage by knowing values which arent publically known. Or they can manipulate them more. Because when things trade publically it sets a standard.

See, this is why I ask for your sage advice (intentional pun).

Ultimately, an item is only worth as much as someone else is willing to give someone for it. I can see how, in a lot of ways, the Vend's value on an item is arbitrary when dealing with items that aren't circulating enough to sell regularly.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:48 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

See, this is why I ask for your sage advice (intentional pun).

Ultimately, an item is only worth as much as someone else is willing to give someone for it. I can see how, in a lot of ways, the Vend's value on an item is arbitrary when dealing with items that aren't circulating enough to sell regularly.

XD no worries. Sage is just slang for nerd...

Indeed, which is why when I buy stuff I tend to run topic searchs to see if I can see what items have been moving for recently, and how easily. Certainly helps.  
Contests & Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games