Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
AURB Plot Brainstorming! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:14 pm

The main plot has been finalized, see below.

Quote:
In a lush forest on the outskirts of Gaia, there live two races of Fae. Deep in the forest, where the light can barely penetrate the dense trees, lives the Fae of the Moon Glen. These Fae that seldom see the light tend to have hair and skin tone lacking in color, varying shades of gray to pale white. In the other side of the forest resides the Fae of the Sun Valley, a bright place where the Fae have a wide variety or hair colors and skin tones. Both groups have lived peacefully beside each other, preferring to keep to their own section of the forest, until something changed.

After a conference between the two Fae groups to discuss forest politics, attended by the royal families of both factions, something amazing happening. Despite all odds, the princess of the Sun Valley and the princess of the Moon Glen, had a whirlwind romance, and fell in love. After a short courtship, the two decided to get married. Both groups of Fae were surprised at first, as this had never happened in in their recorded history, but in the end they were happy for the couple, and excited about uniting their two races. A lavish ceremony was planned on the border of their two lands, and all residents of neighboring lands, especially Gaia, were invited to attend.

The only being not celebrating was the Moon Glen princess’s ex-girlfriend, the duchess of stars. Although she had found the princess boring and been the one to end the relationship, she was jealous of all the attention the two were receiving. Enjoying being in the spotlight herself, she prepared to win the princess back, or at the very least find ways to disrupt the wedding. Anything she could do that would get her a bit of attention was on the table.

Original post
It's time to start thinking about what kind of plot we want to have for the AURB!

Based on previous events, it may be ideal to place some limitations on the kind of plots
we create, to avoid guests getting discouraged from attending if they miss the start.
For example: It is best if the events take place in one space that characters can come and
go from, so that people don't (in some cases literally) miss the boat.

With that in mind, please put forward any suggestions you have for a story - or if
you think we don't need a story at all, please let us know!

As a reminder, the theme for this year's ball is Enchanted Rainforest!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:15 pm

troubled-pasta

Brokuto

TheMainCharacter1

Mishi Tanaka

Mushyung

Madame Mae

JennySanna

Love Renewed

Violet the Maestro

AugureyRiddle

Spindlen

Monster Goo

Valkyrie Aryn

ArtAppreciationist

The Handsome Mr-X

PinkieKitty

MalteseAutoKat

Legendary Inari

Your Iron Lung

General Mizuki

tiamat the ticklish

Sinammon

TheFearsomeJabberwock

Xeari the Great

miIkbox

thenugget777

Anonypanda

Macen Bakuna Allambee

jingrui

Annual Ball
Captain

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:35 pm
Wait, didn't we already do this?

Wasn't it rain forest?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:43 pm
The Handsome Mr-X
Wait, didn't we already do this?

Wasn't it rain forest?

we've chosen the theme of the plot but not the story we're working around.

eg last year was "apocalypse" with a focus on watery apocalypse and travelling between islands while the end game plot was returning tiamat to her pearl of powers so she could send the gaians back to where they came from.

this time since we only have the rainforest there is less moving around for the plot and more bringing the plot to the guest.

we'll generally have an overall world building plot/why the gaians are here etc etc
and then a skeleton plot to work around during the ball, so the guests interacting will move the plot along and its not too set in stone so we can have fun and mess around  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

Countessa Moon

Draconian Fox

16,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:36 am
For an enchanted rainforest perhaps we could have the plot be based around a lead character that needs saving,

As part of the games for it users could choose prompts that leads them to different parts of the rainforest kind of like a choose your own path style kind of event.

I participated in one last year run by the heartbreak cafe and it was pretty fun.

I hope this is what you meant while asking for input.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:37 am
Maybe there's a curse on the forest?

Just a suggestion  

thepotatonugget

Adventuring Shapeshifter

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:56 am
Like always thinking while typing...

In ancient times there was a goddess who was very lonely. She becomes sad with just about anything which resulted in many tears. One day feeling sad that her tears weren’t helping anyone, they planted a seed in the middle of the ground forming a tree. Soon a forest was formed where spirit began moving there. The goddess formed tears of happiness that rained on the forest making known as a rainforest.

Throughout the years it became famous for it's beautiful lush greenery but also its dangerous and unusually creatures that lived there.Those from the outside who wanders into the forest are rumored to never returned. But the one rumor that everyone wants to know to be true is about ancient treasures that were left behind and buried by those who braved the forest.

One day a group of thieves disguise as a play troupe heard the rumors of treasures and decided to steal it. They had the perfect opportunity as there was an engagement party being set up for the Goddess and their beloved human ruler. Braving the rainforest and distracting some of the residents with their talents they soon faced a dilemma. The treasure was to be held in the middle of a lake but there was no water! The only way to get to the high middle piece of land holding the treasure was crossing the water but the lake was bone dry.

Losing hope they hear worry among the residents that the rainforest was experiencing a drought since the goddess haven’t been crying due to happiness with their engagement. With the party starting and many guest from all over coming to celebrate who knows if there are others with same goals in mind about taking the treasure. With limited time the thieves decided to use their talents that would move the Goddess to tears forming the lake again. Will they succeed or will others get to the treasure first?

Something like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:14 pm
What if this year we're still in the realm of Gaia, rather than gaians being transported into another realm and we're searching for something known as the Seed of Gaia, a rumored gem that can grant someone godly powers. The NPC (host's) characters could be wanting or protecting it for various reasons and so they are trying to get Gaians to side with them to help protect or collect the seed from this rainforest. It would play a bit off of the storyline that is part of gaia, but in the end it turns out that the seed is either just a myth made up or like it's actually like the power of the rainforest that get passed from one reigning being of the forest to the next so that the forest can live on.  

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:51 pm

troubled-pasta

Brokuto

TheMainCharacter1

Mishi Tanaka

Mushyung

Madame Mae

JennySanna

Love Renewed

Violet the Maestro

AugureyRiddle

Spindlen

Monster Goo

Valkyrie Aryn

ArtAppreciationist

The Handsome Mr-X

PinkieKitty

MalteseAutoKat

Legendary Inari

Your Iron Lung

General Mizuki

tiamat the ticklish

Sinammon

TheFearsomeJabberwock

Xeari the Great

miIkbox

thenugget777

Anonypanda

Macen Bakuna Allambee

jingrui

Hm, ok so, the most important thing is keeping the story relatively simple imo.

One of the biggest things I noticed last year was that people just... didn't know how to get involved, or couldn't really get involved because they literally missed the boat (granted the entire plot was scraped together last minute and we did the best we could with what we had because the alternative was to just not host a ball last year), so... we need something in one place (i.e. the heart of the rainforest or something) that allows people to jump in literally whenever.

Another thing I noticed is that people like to dress up for the ball, so we should accommodate that by having the event be an actual party or gala of some kind.

So with that in mind I'm thinking like, a wedding or a coronation. Something that centres around one or two characters with a bunch of other minor ones to interact with guests. We could have it be either a goddess as previously suggested or fae royalty, etc. I like the idea of having the games lead people to other parts of the forest for different things, but I don't know if it would work for something like a ball where it's about people partying and mingling together - that's my opinion tho, I'm not about to veto it if people like the idea.

My suggestion would probably be to have a wedding between two fae royalty and one of the two spouses-to-be goes missing (perhaps is transformed by a curse from a bitter third party?) and the plot is simply finding a way to find them/lift curse before the festivities end? Just, something simple with enough intrigue to make people want to stick around to see what happens.

What does everyone think of something like that?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:44 am
troubled-pasta
Im digging it  

TheFearsomeJabberwock

Indulgent Dabbler

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:40 am

I really like the idea of a fae wedding. With the guests being guests at the weekend of events. A bitter third party being an ex-love or someone who wants to stop the wedding for some other reason?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:05 am
I like this idea as well, and if we want to have "sections" for the games we could set it up in the area description that there are little alcoves where the brambles and trees kind of make rooms with winding flowered vine doorways off of the main ballroom like clearing, where the trees all shifted around for the event to create these massive redwood walls with vines and lightning bugs making light patterns all around under the canopy of trees.

Banquet Hall (food room)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Or maybe one of these is the castle/building that the wedding takes place in

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500

thepotatonugget

Adventuring Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:22 am
troubled-pasta

troubled-pasta

Brokuto

TheMainCharacter1

Mishi Tanaka

Mushyung

Madame Mae

JennySanna

Love Renewed

Violet the Maestro

AugureyRiddle

Spindlen

Monster Goo

Valkyrie Aryn

ArtAppreciationist

The Handsome Mr-X

PinkieKitty

MalteseAutoKat

Legendary Inari

Your Iron Lung

General Mizuki

tiamat the ticklish

Sinammon

TheFearsomeJabberwock

Xeari the Great

miIkbox

thenugget777

Anonypanda

Macen Bakuna Allambee

jingrui

Hm, ok so, the most important thing is keeping the story relatively simple imo.

One of the biggest things I noticed last year was that people just... didn't know how to get involved, or couldn't really get involved because they literally missed the boat (granted the entire plot was scraped together last minute and we did the best we could with what we had because the alternative was to just not host a ball last year), so... we need something in one place (i.e. the heart of the rainforest or something) that allows people to jump in literally whenever.

Another thing I noticed is that people like to dress up for the ball, so we should accommodate that by having the event be an actual party or gala of some kind.

So with that in mind I'm thinking like, a wedding or a coronation. Something that centres around one or two characters with a bunch of other minor ones to interact with guests. We could have it be either a goddess as previously suggested or fae royalty, etc. I like the idea of having the games lead people to other parts of the forest for different things, but I don't know if it would work for something like a ball where it's about people partying and mingling together - that's my opinion tho, I'm not about to veto it if people like the idea.

My suggestion would probably be to have a wedding between two fae royalty and one of the two spouses-to-be goes missing (perhaps is transformed by a curse from a bitter third party?) and the plot is simply finding a way to find them/lift curse before the festivities end? Just, something simple with enough intrigue to make people want to stick around to see what happens.

What does everyone think of something like that?

I like it  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 am
Sorry I'm not here as often. There's been some delays with the moving process.

Anyway, fae wedding will be fun but how about the two beings getting marry hate each other? Force marriage by their families who apparently enjoy each other. The engaged faes are purposely sabotaging the days leading up to their wedding day in hopes that their families will cancel it. Making outlandish demands like one wants to put a glacier and a ship in the middle of the lake to play out the scene of Titantic. Or one wants one section of the rainforest to become chocolate with chocolate fae statues.

Maybe as the plot goes on it turned out that the families actually dislike each other too and they are all being manipulate by the heads of the families who have their own reasons for the wedding.

The third party lover of one of the fae will bring in more fun.  

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:02 pm
TheMainCharacter1
Sorry I'm not here as often. There's been some delays with the moving process.

Anyway, fae wedding will be fun but how about the two beings getting marry hate each other? Force marriage by their families who apparently enjoy each other. The engaged faes are purposely sabotaging the days leading up to their wedding day in hopes that their families will cancel it. Making outlandish demands like one wants to put a glacier and a ship in the middle of the lake to play out the scene of Titantic. Or one wants one section of the rainforest to become chocolate with chocolate fae statues.

Maybe as the plot goes on it turned out that the families actually dislike each other too and they are all being manipulate by the heads of the families who have their own reasons for the wedding.

The third party lover of one of the fae will bring in more fun.

S'alright mang, life happens.

Tbh on a more personal note, I'm not that much of a fan of forced relationships/marriages, even if it is just a fictional story. There's enough hate in the world at the moment as it is, we don't need to add to that with the people in our story. Again, that is just my personal opinion and I am the Admin so I won't be taking part in the plot as a character so my opinion isn't the be all and end all, but I feel like we could just... have a happy story, you know?

Like, we don't have to follow real-world bullshit here, it's a fantasy world. The two fae getting engaged could be coded as female/be explicitly female. Tbh I'd like to do something like that just because why the hell not y'know?

I guess for me I just need a break from irl hatred and I feel like a lot of other users might be in a similar boat, and having a short, sweet story and an excuse to dress up pretty would probably help people escape from that for a little bit. Like yeah obvs have a transformative curse from a jilted ex lover or something to further the plot, but outside of that, there's no reason why they can't work together and be a close-knit community that supports each other and celebrates differences rather than hating and rejecting each other for 'em.

Again, that is just my opinion tho.  
Locked Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces