Reply Roleplaying
[B] Light in the Dark (Rise x Roses) [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There was one thing Rise always knew he wanted to be, ever since that day when his role in his clan was established as the Lead Sight -- a protector, a guide to the lost but, also, a father. He was lucky enough to have some experience in that already, and his first brood had all been strong children, beautiful, brave, and bright. He was proud of them. Adder had even stuck around to help out, following in her father's hoofprints.

But now, Rise had heard he was to be a father again, and though he was joyous at the news, he also hoped he might find some guidance from those even more wise than himself -- the legendaries. Because as far as he was concerned, one could never have too much help when it came to raising children.

After making sure the clan would be looked after by his daughter while away, Rise left to seek out the aid of one of the wise ones. His mate, Eternity, was resting in his den. He didn't know for sure whether or not she would stay after the sacs were laid, but for now they were together and he wanted to look after her.

So, off he went, away from home, hoping the Motherfather would hear him as once before.

Moonstone Dazzle
Taking you up on that offer! XD Hope you don't mind c:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The sound of beating wings was the only sound to signal her arrival, and the great swan descended from her flight to land before the buck. In one instance, it wa a glorious swan, eyes glowing gently amongst the dark. In another, it was a doe- and Roses in Bloom stood before the buck, smiling fondly upon him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"It seems to me you've been graced with the good fortune of little ones on the way. May I offer my own congratulations to you," Roses smiled, stepping a bit closer.

"And I believe you are seeking blessings from me, yes?"

Owlsomniac
No trouble at all, I'm happy to help!

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:13 pm
Rise stops short at the sight of the beautiful swan before him, letting out a soft breath of surprise as it changes shape into an even more gorgeous doe -- but no, that wasn't right -- a mare. One of the legendaries.

He's never actually come across one before. His last clutch had been blessed, but the legendary had appeared to the mother, not him.

"Thank you, wise one," the glow in his eyes is bright as he says it, and clearly he is still excited about the news.

"I was hoping you may offer me some guidance. I've raised children before, but they're all unique and different in their ways. I want them to be healthy, and their mother, too. Can you help me?"

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:57 pm
"Wise one! My, you certainly are a kind one. Lucky for you, I'm rather fond of flattery," Roses teased, clearly delighted by his kind words.

She sat down besides him, and gestured for the buck to do the same. Rose thought a moment, mulling over his request.

"It's a rather funny thing, parenthood. No matter how you prepare for it, you're never ready. Everything your children throw at you is different than what you'd expect." A soft, fond smile. "My own, for instance- I've eight lovely children, across the swamp, and they with children of their own. My second clutch was nothing like the first."

She looked at him, honesty on her face.

"The fact you care enough to seek me tells me plenty about your hopes and your cares for them. But so I may offer my blesing... tell me about you. Your name, your life. Your mate, if you so desire."

Owlsomniac

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:42 pm
Rise laughed softly, and sat next to the legendary, still feeling a little overwhelmed at everything, but glad she had appeared before him.

"I don't doubt it... All four of my children were entirely different, and I have no doubt these will be the same. I only want what's best for them, and the strength to give them that." It was nice to hear more or less the same thing from someone else, though. Comforting in a way.

He pauses at her inquiry, and considers it for a moment, "Well.... I suppose it would be proper to introduce myself. My apologies. My name is Born Again. I think... there is more yet for me to discover about my name, but in my dream I was born from darkness, and when I became the Lead Sight of my tribe as a young buck, my trial, too, was in darkness. I've found a peace in what I do for my tribe. I look after them, protect them from outside threats, and lead those who are lost to the safety of our inner sanctuary. It's fulfilling, and I don't know if I'd ever want to leave it, to be quite honest. To me... being a father is much like that. Providing guidance, safety, and sanctuary so that my children may always know they have somewhere to come home to, but also... so that they may find their own way. That's what I truly want for them-- as I'd hope for anyone."

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:51 pm
"Born Again... what a lovely story you've told me. Thank you," Roses hummed, contented with what she had learned. She was not tied to any sort of tribe herself, but the loyalty left warmth in her heart. As she did in all of her meetings this season, she leaned over to give the buck a gentle nuzzle. One parent to another, one mother onto the future generations.

"Let your children share your bravery and loyalty, and your sense of purpose. May they find their path in life with joy in their hearts. And, if the MotherFather sees it fit, may they always remember your tribe and your role in their lives."

She sat back, pleased.

"I hope you see that fitting?"

Owlsomniac

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:58 pm
At the press of her cheek against his, Rise felt something in him relax, and smiled faintly in thanks.

"Thank you. I am grateful for such a generous blessing - it's more than fitting." He paused then, and said after a moment, "Though.... if you don't mind, may I know your name? I don't require a story," he says, somewhat jokingly with a smile, "Though I wouldn't mind it either if you ever had the time. You're welcome to visit the tribe in the future, if you like, too, of course, but I'm sure you must be quite busy."

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:03 pm
"You know, usually I'm not busy at all, but this season... the love bug must've bitten everyone!" Roses in Bloom laughed, a mischievous twinkle in her eye. It might've been her newly found status as a Mare of the swamp, but it seemed especially potent this season- lots of little ones on the way!

"I'm called Roses in Bloom. You may call me Roses or Rose- all of my friends do." She offered a polite bow to Born Again.

"And I very well may take you up on that offer, when time allows. Tribe life is a bit of a mystery to me, I must confess."

Owlsomniac

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 pm
"And you may call me Rise, if you like. I'm glad to have met you, Rose," the buck moved to stand then, bowing to her as well.

"I'd be honored to show you around our tribe some day. In the meantime, I hope your travels are safe, though I doubt there's much for you to worry about," he chuckles softly, but it was a customary thing to say. One never knew, after all. The swamp could be a tricky place at times, for all its beauty and wonder.

Moonstone Dazzle

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff