Manda
Vice Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:42 pm
It's been brought up a couple of times among staff as to whether we should offer gods in Kitsusagi at some point - a bit like SoA. The issues that we can see is that god-domains could get overpopulated/a bit ridiculous - like in SoA. And that there's potential for overpowered gods/god-modding in RP.

That being said, we're open as staff to discussion about, maybe trying to figure out a good way to do it~ Gods would most likely either
a. Have their own templates or
b. All be unique-lined

Or some of each, depending on methods of obtainment, colorist, etc.

So, what is everyone's thoughts on this? o:  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:21 pm
Perhaps one way you can control the domains getting too out of hand, like in other shops, is to have a set of "Arch gods" that have sub-gods beneath them.
The sub-gods domains cannot reach out past the arch-god's domain. The arch gods can not be owned by non-staff members, only full-time staff, however the "sub" gods can. This way there is some control for god-moding because they still have to answer to a higher authority. Each staff member owning an arch-god will be in charge of keeping the list of sub-gods attached to them (relieving some stress from having just one person keep track of what might be a lot of sub-domains popping up). Since the sub-gods are all a part of one arch-god's domain, it doesn't matter of some of the sub-gods overlap in ability. They are all apart of a higher entity's ability.

For example;

Arch gods (bold),

• Life
    -Angelics
    -Healing
    -miracles
    -happiness

• Death
    -Demonics
    -Disease
    -Curses
    -wrath

• Nature
    -Celestials
    -Fae
    -Fire
    -Water
    -Earth
    -Air
    -Steel
    ...etc.

• Order
    -Time
    -Crafting
    -meditation
    -peace

• Chaos
    -madness
    -destruction
    -mind
    -war

When a staff member leaves, the arch-god is retired and replaced with a new one of the same element. Unless they are willing to relinquish the one they had?

A mixture of unique or own templates would be neat, depending on the event or custom that they were obtained by. It makes it exciting to see the varieties that happen.  

GunSniper
Crew

Blessed Prophet

The Kat Aclysm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm
Hello!

I love the idea but I'd like to suggest we go about it like the Cosplay rule with at least 20% variation. Like... no one person can hoard a domain. If there's a God of War, there can be another God of War if they vary by 20% or more in design.

I'd also wanna suggest these be MINOR Gods, and not like... Godmoding super amazing move-the-planets-and-the-stars gods unless I can have Cthulhu or something. biggrin

Because these are essentially OCs (do you really want Godcosplays? Godplays? IDK), variation shouldn't be too much of a problem.

But yeah, if there's like... five Gods of War appearing and we haven't got much variation yet, maybe suggest the owner choose another domain?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:05 pm
I'll be honest... I like gods, I think it's fun to have them but... I've also seen a lot of contention about them, when two people want the same Domain. I'm not sure Kitsusagi, therefor, really needs them? It might save a LOT of stress.  

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:13 pm
I like the idea of both templates and unique lines, depending on the artist - But unique lines for a Kitsugod should have no special properties to it past that.

As for the matter of domains - I agree with the idea of shared domains. It's not hard to make two Gods of War look drastically different. One could easily be a red dragon, the other could be themed after a soldier. Likewise, one God of Plagues could look like a Plague Doctor, while another would look more like... Maybe a bit gross sweatdrop

Easiest way to handle powers would be to do it like SoA does and have people submit powers for approval. Then if they use something major that makes a change or impact to the world around them, they HAVE to submit that RP for review to make sure they don't overstep their boundaries.

My concern, though, would be customs and breeding - How often would each happen, what sort of cool-down rules are there, how many colorists would have clearance to work on Kitsugods? I'm going to be frank, SoA's situation with all those fronts is dismal, with the last breeding a year ago and 4 customs getting finished in the same amount of time, and it's not been unheard of for a couple years to go between god anythings... Which makes the rule about gods having an 18-month cool down between god breedings a bit redundant when it sometimes takes MORE time than that to actually have another breeding slot open.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:49 pm
So I have some thoughts/suggestions. Several are repeats, so for those I'm just agreeing with them. And it's not super well thought out. xD <3

No cosplays. Any cosplays that are supposed to be a "god" (for example the Hades from Disney Hercules) are still cosplaying.

Arch-gods cannot be roleplayed, unless a meta event features them on purpose. Demigods can be roleplayed, but it seems to me that gods of any strength/variety may not interact directly with individuals anyway?

Demigods with the same domain... what if they're the god that serves/is worshipped by a certain region and/or religion? That way, in theory, they will not overlap. So you have that plague doctor Death in the city, and the creepy Death in the ruins of an ancient city.

I think Arch-Gods should be on unique lines. But since regular kitsus can have unique lines, it's not going to be as strong a perk. So maybe it doesn't matter?

What if demigods have only a set number of powers (like pokemon)? That way, hopefully they're not too OP that they're crossing any lines of (bad) godmodding. Maybe the staff give out the demigod with the powers already assigned to them, or as was suggested, the powers are approved before they can be used.  

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Manda
Vice Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 pm
My thoughts, now that it's been a few days...

I like the arch-gods/sub-gods idea. But I suggest that we call them Major and Minor gods similar to how SoA has that kind of thing.

Each Major god can have a subforum that is their "domain" IC'ly, and also in there will be OOC threads for people applying to make a Minor god under their domain, power approvals, etc. So each staffer that has a Major god will have that subforum to keep track of their stuff.

Any Minor gods can freely enter and leave any of the god domains IC'ly. Not to say they'd be too welcome in a domain that might belongs to a Major god opposite of theirs XD

Only a Major god (under most circumstances) can invite a mortal to their domain for RP, and they shouldn't stay long because too much divine power rots the mind idk XD

I think for domains not allowed at all ... it should be:
--Time (because do we really want time travel shenanigans?)
--Anything that's not PG-13 (i.e. rape, torture, infanticide, SoA has these and possibly some others listed, it's a good rule of thumb)
--Specific Species gods (Angelics, Nightmares, Corgis) -- I don't think it's really needed, each Kitsu can choose to follow (or not) whatever god they want, we don't need a god for each species

Can anyone think of others...?

In that case, if a staffer chooses to leave or whatever, they would need to hand over their Major god/domain to another staffer, so things can keep running smoothly. Or give enough notice that a new design can be made for the Major god if they don't want their design used - a "rebirth" so to speak.

Domain-wise! For the Minor gods, I think we should have people get very specific with them. Rather than using the 20%/twin rule from cosplays, only allow one of each domain BUT the domains have to be narrow. For example: We won't have a god of "war" that's too broad. But we could have a god of soldiers, a god of war heroes, a god of species conflicts, a god of weapons, etc etc. That way, there's less broad domains and thus less overlap from the start.

Breedings! My thought is to have god x mortal breedings allowed at any point. Each kid in these breedings has the chance to grow to a "demi-god" which is basically a half god like Hercules of legend. demi-gods may or may not have their own templates - but will for sure be able to power up more than normal mortals. The current battle system we're working on involves stats and levels. Normal mortals can't go above a certain number in their stats and their max is level 3 - which includes 3 powered abilities. Demi-gods, for example, would probably be allowed higher stats and go to level 4 - with 4 powered abilities. But at the same time, their 4th level ability would have to match up with the parent god's domain. Maybe all of their abilities? Perhaps all abilities of any god x mortal kid would need to match the god's domain.

For the most part, this will be all minor gods - the major gods shouldn't be bred a whole lot with mortals, I would think. IF a major god bred with a mortal, the kids should have a higher chance of being demi-gods.

A demi-god can IC'ly be invited to the god domain of their parent god by the god-parent -- along with being able to be invited by any Major god just like other mortals.

God x god breedings should probably happen in specific months (say, 3 times a year?) and whichever colorists can do god x god breedings should do at least 'x' number of god breedings during those months.

Kids from god x god breedings will have their domains chosen by the colorist - like in SoA.

God customs could be the same basic thing, but different months, to keep the opportunities open. Probably only one of those months would allow unique-line gods to be requested.

I'm thinking that it might be cool to have a system of some kind to allow mortals to ascend to gods, with a LOT of work. They'd have to level all the way up as whatever species they start as, then go Anthro. Then level the Anthro all the way up (because Anthros start over on the level track because they have a new body etc). Then probably some other IC requirements and getting some kind of slot. Basically it shouldn't happen often, but should be possible with a lot of dedication.

Levels/Stats idea goes like this...
Mortals:
stat cap = 20
Level cap = 3

Demi-gods:
stat cap = 25
Level cap = 4

Minor gods:
stat cap = 35
Level cap = 6

Major gods:
stat cap = 50
Level cap = 8

Levels are also the number of powered abilities they can have. Minor gods I'm thinking could have one "mass" or area-of-effect ability, Major gods can have up to 3 "mass" abilities if they want.  
Shop Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games