sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:28 pm
User Image
Snailshell was not at all sure if she needed a blessing, just yet anyway. But things were going very well with Blood on the Sands. Also, she was feeling just a bit off. Though, this was slightly new to her. After all, before Blood had come along, Spiral had only ever been with Vetiver. So maybe the odd feeling wasn't eggs, but that? She'd had a good long talk, several really, with Vetiver before even considering another buck, and he was more than happy to share. And she trusted Vetiver enough to tell her if things changed. So she's not particularly worried about his feelings. That's not the cause of this feeling. And Blood has been wonderful, so no issue there. So it's either eggs, or maybe a bit of a self conscious feeling because of new territory. Maybe both?

She'd have to talk to someone about how she feels about it, preferably someone who's in a similar situation. Kin are by no means monogamous by default, but as far as she knows, not many have multiple partners at once. Maybe that's it? She's not exactly going with the normal here, or at least not the normal as she's seen it. She sighs, and pushes the thoughts aside, definitely need to talk to someone about this. And soon, before it brews into something bigger than it is.

First though, time to deal with the possibility of eggs. Tucking the odd feeling away, she gathers her pack, making a quick stop to leave them in Sorrel's care before going off to find a legendary. True, she could ask Glossbones, her son would be more than happy to do it. She thinks. Would he be happy? Or would he be betrayed that this clutch isn't sired by his father? No. No! With a sigh she shoves that idea away. Of course he'd be happy. And what she and Vetiver decide is good for them, is none of her kids business.

Oh! Oh! Maybe that was the issue. She'd taken great care to be sure Vetiver was perfectly fine with her idea. But not once had she asked her children. And as much as Spiral would like to think it's none of their concern, she does love her children very much. So their feelings on the matter are actually very important to her. Well. Now she knows where that feeling has come from. She'll have to smooth it all over as best she can. She knows Sorrel will not mind, she'd understand in fact. Mugwort will likely be the hardest nut to crack on this, he is so very untrusting of strangers.

Now confidant that she's got the feeling pinned down, and deciding she will not let herself fall into doubt and tears, it can be fixed, her kids will not hate her for the rest of ever, they'll be happy she is happy.. right? Okay, Mugwort might be mad at her for a while.. Who's she kidding? He is still mad at Sorr for going off and getting pregnant by some random buck, and that had been so very long ago. And while Blood has been around the tribe, it's not like Spiral went to any great lengths to tell the kids he was also her mate.

MotherFather help her, she may have just created a huge mess. What would she do? Stalling, because finding a legendary now means admitting to herself that things are too far along to reverse, Spiral starts looking for anything shiny. A gift, because one of Her chosen is needed, surely must be by now? But she can't come asking for favors without even a small token. Really, just a stalling tactic, as her plan had been to to catch some fish, anyone would enjoy a free meal. This would take longer, finding just the right bauble to present as offering. And longer meant even more time before she had to face the storm she might have created at home.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:46 pm
In the back of her mind, Roses in Bloom knew she ought to have felt tired. She had traveled more in this season than she had in her entire life, on wing and on hoof seeking out the mothers and fathers to be. It was rough, being without Half Truth on these journeys, but her ladylove was kind and true, always waiting for her upon her return. And it was always a joyous reunion when she did return.

That call had tugged her off and away on another trip, leading Rose to the draconic doe. Rather odd- odder than any other kimeti she had seen- but she was not one to judge, especially not happy mothers. But there was a certain air to her. Concern, stress. She was not a mind reader (the MotherFather had graced her with no such ability), but perhaps it was the mother in her that just knew. She arrived by wing, and shifted to her true self when she set hoof upon the soil.

"What troubles you?" She asked by means of greeting. No sense in beating around the bush- not when there was a young mother in need.

Sheepcakes

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:02 pm
Spiral was reluctant to look at the voice, much less answer. She really was not in a mood to be social, the emotional storm still brewing and threatening to tear down her self control. She was not about to bawl her eyes out to a total and complete stranger.

But something in that voice was so understanding, very much motherly in a way, that she could not help but look. And gasped when she saw the mare, of course it'd be one of the MotherFather's chosen to find her right when she was really not looking forward to dealing with the consequences of it all.

Taking a deep breath, and blinking several times to try and stop the slow welling-up of tears she can already feel, Spiral gives a half-hearted smile. "I've done something, and now my children might hate me.." she stops, clears her throat, swallows, takes another breath and continues. "For a long, long time I've only been with Vetiver, their father. I love him, a thing he knows. But we've talked a lot, and agreed I could take a second mate. And I found a very charming buck, with similar interests." another cycle of throat clearing, swallowing and a few breaths before she continues, completely shocked she's not in tears yet. "And I am pretty sure I'm expecting Blood's children.. but my children with Vetiver don't know, and what.. what.." that's as far as she gets before she has to close her mouth, feeling the sobs trying to come free, and tears on her face. Spiral just sits down, completely unsure what to do, and feeling like an absolute idiot.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:45 pm
She was with child, that much was certain. Rose would not have felt her- been drawn to her so if she could not confirm this. Why? She could not say. But the MotherFather had always known and always would, and Rose was not one to question their plans. And especially not so when this doe was clearly in pain.

Rose did not have to think twice when she saw the near-sobbing wracking the stranger's body. She was a mother, even when the doe was not of her flesh and blood. It was her duty- not as an ascended kin, but as a loving mother.

"It may just be my opinion, but I'd like to say. If you tell them with the love and compassion you've just used to tell me, I cannot fathom anyone hating you- let alone your own children. I know that being children does not exempt us from anger towards our parents, but... love is never something to disdain. Nor any expression of it, when it does no harm."

With that soft and gentle nuzzle, beyond her even knowing so, Snailshell would have pleasant dreams that night- a gift passed from Roses to her with that knowing mother's love.

"You know, you and I are more alike than you may believe. I have a permanent love- my ladylove, Half Truth. She's the sun and the moon, and made me everything I am today. I cannot fathom my life, or myself, without her."

She leaned gently against Snailshell, an odd sense of love in their kinship. Perhaps it was too bold of her, but... the doe seemed to need her. Something beyond just a blessing.

"And I've my other half in a friend, Dawn's First Light. Half Truth and I cannot bear children, clearly. But I've a love of children, a need to love and rear them. I've considered even another love beyond him, to keep bringing love and life to my home. There is nothing wrong in that desire, nor in love."

"Do my children find it odd, giving my heart to another besides the doe I've brought into their lives? Perhaps so. But while I love them in one way, it wouldn't be honest to myself to live only by their ideals. To not give love where love is warranted."

She sighed gently.

"But that isn't wisdom from the MotherFather, just me. From one mother to another. I see no shame in who you are or what you've done, though."

Sheepcakes

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:49 pm
Spiral leans into Rose, grateful for the comfort, both in touch and words. As she speaks, the tension drains from Spiral, the words are very close to what she'd thought herself. But somehow, hearing them from the mare, a female and mother, who's heart belongs to more than one, makes them more real. Assures Spiral that her fears and doubts are just that, and she feels slightly silly for letting them consume her so. She should've just talked to them, instead of assuming she'd know their minds.

After this, she'll have to gather Vetiver and Blood, talk to the children and let them know. They are old enough to understand, several have their own children even. They may not agree with it, but they'll understand. And if Rose's children still love her, surely her own will as well.

Spiral takes several breaths, clearing her head of the mental fog that gathered. Even if Rose doesn't speak with the authority of the MotherFather in this, there is a great weight to her words. But a good weight, a kind of knowing that it'll be just fine. "Thank you. That helps, immensely. It was very kind of you to share your experiences. Especially with a stranger."

"You've already been a great help to me, but would it be too much to ask for a blessing, as well?" It's at this point Spiral realizes she didn't actually find a gift. Well, perhaps the mare could use a hunter. It wouldn't hurt to offer, and would show she'd at least put a bit of thought into it. "I don't have a gift, exactly. I can hunt, I've a large pack and a lot of family who could help. If you'd like a boar or alligator delivered somewhere?"

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:13 pm
"If we can't share our experiences, then what do we have? We're all made of the things that brought us here, really. I'm still the scared little filly, too lovesick to love herself. If it weren't for my loves sharing their experiences with me, I wouldn't be who I am."

Roses laughed, soft and gentle and kind. Snailshell was warm and firm against her side, and for how vulnerable she had been, she was still so willing to show her love for her children. It was wonderful and refreshing, seeing strong does be true to themselves.

"Please, you needn't even ask! I intended to bless you when I set hoof here- no gifts needed. I don't actually understand the whole... offering... thing," she admitted, a slight shrug to her shoulders.

"I consider your story- your honesty- enough. All I ask is your name, and I gladly give you and yours my blessing."

Sheepcakes

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:51 pm
Spiral nods at the truth in Rose's words, to learn and grow from each other was a wonderful part of life. Perhaps she'd been cooped up in the tribe too long, maybe after these children grew she'd go on another long ramble through the swamp. She'd ask Blood if she could join his group a while, Ancient Song could easily tend the tribe while she was away, and Sorrel and Mugwort too. Or maybe the issue was keeping to themselves too much, she should reach out to other tribes, see about building friendships. She'd have a talk with everyone about that, too.

"It is a sign of respect, in my opinion anyway, no one has ever told me why it's done. The first time I was not prepared, being new to all of it, but I don't think the stag minded. He thought I was a tree, come to life to talk with him." it had been an unusual encounter, but an all together good experience.

"My name, as the Mother Swamp gave it to me, is Snailshell. Ancient Song, who is as dear to me as a sister, has named me Spiral. I treasure both greatly." it was perhaps a bit inappropriate to share her nickname with someone she's met so recently, but it felt right, after all that had happened.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:10 pm
"A tree? Perhaps I'm not poetic enough, but I can't say I see it," Roses in Bloom admitted, looking over the doe once more. She lulled her head from one side to the next, trying to regard the doe- Spiral- more openly. To try and see the tree. But no matter how she tried...

"No, sorry. I'm really trying, but I just don't see it."

But that was not the important thing, not this time. Perhaps, when this season had ended, she would return to visit Spiral. For now, the other had asked of her a favor, and a favor Roses in Bloom would give her.

"Snailshell- Spiral." Roses sat up a bit more, to offer her the kindest smile she could.

"May your wonderful, wonderful children know the love in their lives you have known in yours. May they have your tenacious spirit, your loyalty, and a sense of devotion like that which you possess. I wish all of these things and more for you."

Less serious, she leaned forward to boop her own nose against Snailshell's.

"And if you have need of me, I'm not hard to find. I am always happy to help a loving mother."

Sheepcakes
aaand we can wrap with one more from you.

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:46 pm
"Thank you, I have no words to express how much you're blessing means to me." she smiles warmly at the boop, all her earlier worries and doubts melted away into joy. "You're welcome to stop by the tribe anytime you want. If you start at the Obelisk, we'er a few days South West, at the end of a large lake with two islands in it."

Feeling lighter than she had before setting out, Snailshell stands, giving Roses a small bow, and another warm smile. "Thank you again, I hope the rest of your afternoon goes well. Bye." excited, and relieved, and ready to go home, Spiral turns and heads back the way she'd come, with much to consider and several meetings to plan. And most important, children to plan for.

Moonstone Dazzle
Thank you so much <3

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces