Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I hate having a mnetal blocks on what to do for school
  i'm too busy for that
View Results

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:05 pm
I need help coming up with ideas for my next project in design communication. the idea is "freeze frame" I don't know if I'll be recording with video or frame by frame photography

but whats an easy and interesting subject to record doing this? my first idea is to record a "Galilean cannon" in action (a representation of stored momentum to make a ball bounce higher)

any idea's you have don't have to be very extravagant or creative though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:14 am
Perhaps a newtons cradle?
Something magical in seeing the momentum transfered to the other end leaving the balls in the middle unmoved.

Or a non newtonian fluid when it switches from liquid to solid.  

CowDoll

Excitable Sex Symbol

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:45 pm
Saddies
Perhaps a newtons cradle?
Something magical in seeing the momentum transfered to the other end leaving the balls in the middle unmoved.

Or a non newtonian fluid when it switches from liquid to solid.

you mean those little office swing toys? I like those little things.

that could be an option, but I tried to find examples of this in action online, and what I saw may actually require video recording, like imagine a guy walking, and at points, a photo of something he is doing at one moment is left behind like a as he continues forward  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:35 am
sgt.Frosty

that could be an option, but I tried to find examples of this in action online, and what I saw may actually require video recording, like imagine a guy walking, and at points, a photo of something he is doing at one moment is left behind like a as he continues forward

I know right, hypnotizing to see them swining.

I perhaps failed to completly understand the task at hand, I apologize for that.
So it's one of those projects, oh my. Will be harder to deal with......
Only thing I can think of would be a car crashing, but that's probably outside of the budget.

Sorry I couldn't be too much of an help about it all.  

CowDoll

Excitable Sex Symbol

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:44 am
Saddies
sgt.Frosty

I know right, hypnotizing to see them swining.

I perhaps failed to completly understand the task at hand, I apologize for that.
So it's one of those projects, oh my. Will be harder to deal with......
Only thing I can think of would be a car crashing, but that's probably outside of the budget.

Sorry I couldn't be too much of an help about it all.

no worries, its always difficult finding subject material.

also at the time, I was not sure if i was using multiple photos or video recording, I now know its going to be a video, which really opens up what I can do.

also, I feel like venting for a moment, I was given an in class assignment. have to make another 30 second video with the music I choose being the guide as how it develops. the idea behind this is to help sync up the music with any action or movement in the video. I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS. stressed

I already have an idea though, had to build a mini rig with K'nex, duct tape and some strong thread from my moms sewing stuff to see it through  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 am
sgt.Frosty

also at the time, I was not sure if i was using multiple photos or video recording, I now know its going to be a video, which really opens up what I can do.

also, I feel like venting for a moment, I was given an in class assignment. have to make another 30 second video with the music I choose being the guide as how it develops. the idea behind this is to help sync up the music with any action or movement in the video. I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS. stressed

I already have an idea though, had to build a mini rig with K'nex, duct tape and some strong thread from my moms sewing stuff to see it through

Indeed, videos are much easier to deal with. blaugh

It's good that you know that already, but perhaps others wouldn't. So it's probably just for clarification purposes making sure it's a level playing field for everyone.

That sounds intresting, may I ask what the current idea is about?  

CowDoll

Excitable Sex Symbol

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:47 am
Saddies
sgt.Frosty

Indeed, videos are much easier to deal with. blaugh

It's good that you know that already, but perhaps others wouldn't. So it's probably just for clarification purposes making sure it's a level playing field for everyone.

That sounds intresting, may I ask what the current idea is about?

well I actually just gave up on the rig idea, I don't have enough k'nex parts. xd

but yeah following the beat to a segment from this song, I have one of those extending ball thingies, and i'm going to have footage of my dad extending it and retracting it at a normal rate. then in adobe premiere, mix up the progress to however the beat is played out. like sometimes it'll jerk around at whatever random points the ball is at between fully collapsed/extended along to the beat  
Spam Central

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games