Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:08 am

User Image
Winter. Cold, awful, mis-er-a-ble winter, with humid weather and trees that blocked the sunlight even with their leaves down and piles of snow and awful muck and damp and no good food to make it worth it winter. Sea of Butterflies had long-since sickened of this season. He'd tried to leave at one point, before being helpfully told that he had made a thankless, one-way trip and condemned himself, his beautiful puppy, and his perfect, wonderful vision of a sister to this purgatory.

He'd holed up in the first thing that looked like a semi-public but still dry alcove, and there he sat, unbudged, wishing for the days to pass faster as his pup idly groomed at his side. Nothing, he felt, would cheer him up.

Nothing!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:25 pm
User Image Fish Bones had been lulled into believing winter was over. But the weather turned cold again, and he hoped not for too long. Spring means warmth returning, and bird's eggs. Especially the eggs. He missed them. He should plan a trip to that tribe that trades foods, and pick up some eggs. If he was lucky, they'd be willing to part with a full basket of them.

He's so distracted by his thoughts, he doesn't see the acha in the cave he hops into. He's almost nose to nose with the dog before realizing the cave isn't empty. Not a very safe thing, given his current appearance. Helfer flipping, half hopping, he turns and backs up a bit, and takes another look. Well, at least the dog isn't wild. Good evening. he greets the pair.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:54 pm
It took until a voice penetrated his sulking reverie to realize he wasn't alone,a ringing that finally seemed to pierce his thoughts even though he hadn't remembered hearing it.

He must have been distracted. The buck turned, seeing a pair of distant-seeming glows– it must have been a kimeti! Or maybe a Zikwa.

"Hello," he replied softly, his voice far more subdued than any Acha's had a right to be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:28 pm
Fish Bones tilts his head, curious about the acha's sullen tone. Are you alright?  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:38 pm
Once again, Sea of Butterflies found himself with the curious sensation of realizing what the buck had said without recalling having heard him actually physically say anything to him. The acha turned slightly, and gave a small, gusty sigh.

"I'll survive," he said. "I'm just not used to this interminable damp. I'm used to dry, dry, dry, punctuated with downpours sometimes more than a year apart. Freezing nights, and burning days. Not this... ucky, mucky, awful damp cold. Not snow." The reality of the swamp was a tough meal to swallow for the acha.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:31 pm
He listens to the acha, nodding in sympathy. Fish Bones had never had to adjust to a new place, having been born in the swamp. But even for those both here, Winter is hard. Spring is almost here, and with it all kinds of good foods to eat. And rain too. But Summer is not so far off either, with its heat and own variety of goodies. The miserable times just make us treasure the good times even more.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:28 pm
The third time the buck's voice seemed to float unbidden without an actual sensation of hearing a voice, Sea of Butterflies turned, tilting his head in a scrutinizing fashion as he tried to make sense of what was in the darkness with him.

"Are you..." he wasn't really far away, he was really small. Another blink, and a squint....

"Are you a talking squirrel?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:16 pm
Fish Bones grins, shaking his head, not that he thought the acha could see, it was habit. I'm a stag, though currently I'm not in my stag form.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:11 pm
The acha buck clearly didn't follow this line of reasoning.

"You're a what now?" Evidently, certain bits of lore and rumor hadn't gotten to him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:23 pm
He should've known. Any kin this miserable from adjusting to the weather probably wouldn't have a clue what a stag or mare is. Stags and mares are chosen by the MotherFather. Given gifts of various sorts, all of us can bless a clutch, so they start life on a good hoof. Some of us have other abilities as well, and I'm sure any who listens might get a peek of Her words. he explains.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:47 pm
This was interesting. Better than interesting, though, this was a distraction. At this stage, the buck would probably eat a mouthful of dry sand on a dare to break up the monotony that he was suffering.

"May I see? How you transform, or how you would bless a clutch, or how you perform whatever your potential other abilities are?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:02 pm
Ah, how silly of my, I forgot the changing. All of her chosen have an animal form. Some have more. seems changing out in the open was becoming a thing, not that he minded.

User Image In an eyeblink, he's a stag, his form flowing from one to the other with ease. "For a blessing, there needs to be a clutch expected? I need a skull for my other bit of magic."  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm
At first there was a foxbun... and then, in no time at all, there was a buck. The acha reared back a little before giving a small laugh! What a trick that was, if a less complex, involved, or time-consuming one than he would have hoped.

"Sounds like a skull might be difficult to find. I wouldn't know where to get one," he said, considering.

The other option, though....

"Well, I do want kids," he said, slightly emboldened by the idea. "Does that count for anything? Is that enough?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 pm
Fish Bones ponders a moment. Sure he'd blessed that doe not long ago, but he'd had a feeling she was actually trying to get pregnant. He had no idea if it worked when there wasn't an attempt being made. "I've never tried, but I'd be willing. If it works, would you let me know?"

Remembering another recent event he asks, "Is there a particular thing about parenting you're worried about?" Normally he'd bless for health, or try and get a feel for what's wanted. Though he's fairly sure that health is all that's given, regardless what he says. And that it only covers the time from conception to just after the babies emerge from their sacs or eggs. Or mothers, in the case of totoma. Should he just say as much, or is it kinder to let them have their illusions?  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:19 pm
The buck thought for a few moments, choosing his words before he spoke. "Well, drought was hard on mothers and babies in the desert. And sometimes, if she didn't have enough water when she was pregnant, the eggs wouldn't... thrive. They wouldn't even hatch." Quite the grim topic, but he'd been asked of his worries!

"I expect there's unique problems here, too, that impact the wellbeing of babies. So, I mean, as long as they're healthy, everything else is really just luck and personality, right? I want lots, I don't want to lose any, and I want them to be healthy and happy! And I can work on the happy."

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff