Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply plot threads
Plot Personals: Linking you with meta buddies since 2017! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:19 pm
introduction.
    Ashdown has always been about moving things forward not only in metaplot but in small, interpersonal RPs that come about and grow organically. However, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of RPing with only your friends or the people active in the blast chat, so here comes Plot Personals to help save the day! Have you got a plot point you're interested in but don't know where to start? Wondering what happened with a story point and want to pursue it? Post in here, collect some other players, and see what you can scare up!

rules.
    1. Please use the form in the next post. You can jazz it up however you like, but just have those specific parts so that mods can reach out and lend a hand where necessary without having to guess at which NPCs might be most helpful to you!
    2. People can post interest in the same plot points without necessarily having to RP with each other. If anyone tries to pressure you or an RP buddy for pursuing the same plot point, PM the mule immediately! There's more than one way to skin a cat.
    3. You can post as many interest posts as you like. If you decide you don't want to pursue a plot, don't delete the post, just strike it out.
    4. If you have questions, please PM the mule or ask Shibe in his modbook. This thread is for plot personals posts only!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:26 pm
the form.
    The basic form for a plot personals ad consists of three parts: what plot point you're looking at, which character(s) is the point of contact to get ICly involved, and your contact information. As long as you've got all of that, you can put it however you like; however, a form has been made to make this easier for those of us who are not graphically inclined emotion_c8

[size=15][b][your plot point here].[/b][/size][list][A short summary of the plot point you want to investigate or the plot you want to run].
[b]IC point of contact;;[/b] [character name & link to journal]
[b]OOC point of contact;;[/b] [your AIM or discord contact info or just pms][/list]

So, filled out, it should look something like this:

the price of tea in china.
    In a magical world, how much does tea cost in China? News 5 investigates.
    IC point of contact;; [Hoji Cha]
    OOC point of contact;; I'm usually on AIMusername but a DM on Discord#1234 will also work!

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Just in case...  
Just in case x2 combo  

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:17 am
siren shenanigans.
    birbs need frands. rabbit will be there too. he also needs help with that second bullet in his current quest, so if anyone has had contact with a Thing that trashes stuff or just wants to give advice on home protection (magical or otherwise), hit me up
    IC point of contact;; Rabbit Vaughn
    OOC point of contact;; aim: smerdlejingles; discord: idk my name but i'm in the chat; PMs: bring 'em on <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:28 am
do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
    Nathaniel really hasn't had much exposure to all of the changes of AD and OAD; not to mention, he's suddenly got a birb, and he hasn't yet discovered that he can grow vines just at will. Someones to help him realize his new magic or to help encourage a very doubtful child who doesn't believe he fits or belongs in AD would be great!
    IC point of contact;; Nathaniel Parrish
    OOC point of contact;; fredhasfreckles is my aim, or PMs work!

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:42 pm
let me do bad things to you
    Preacher's just looking to knock in some heads and otherwise do bad s**t to your character. This isn't an immediate plot point, but comes into play during her next plot arc. These 'bad things' can be simple things like minor theft or, if you want to volunteer a broken leg, go for it.
    IC point of contact;; [Preacher Maria]
    OOC point of contact;; aim: opiumobliviate | discord: Tunacant#8980 | pms good too

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:20 pm
the things that once were.
    It turns out that something has been running amuck in other ashdown, destroying things and otherwise creating chaos. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but it turns out that the destruction is reflecting in bits and pieces in Ashdown itself now. Jeremiah Mercer is actually on the hunt for this particular oddity, so if you find any bit of damage or run across strange glitches, let him know!

This plot will be resolved in the next couple weeks (part of Jeremiah's quest that will be wrapping up), so if you want to get in and have some ... chaotic fun, let me know!
    IC point of contact;; Jeremiah Mercer, local never not working chief of police and noble.
    OOC point of contact;; AIM: happinesselude ; discord: rated em #4749 ; PMs are acceptable

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:46 pm
Well wouldn't you know it

This is less of a plot and more of an rp advertisement for some short-term, quick burst role-plays. Shiloh and Oliver both have powers that they haven't "discovered" yet, and I'd like for them to be made aware! They are the following (please check their journals for more comprehensive explanations on their powers):

Shiloh:
      â—¦ Peacebound
      â—¦ Keycard

Oliver:
      â—¦ The Fog

IC point of contact;; Shiloh Beaumont and/or Oliver Beaumont
    OOC point of contact;; AIM: mel.collie ; discord: mellancollie#2966 ; PMs are a-ok!

Hello friend

Shiloh doesn't want to take a tithe, but I do. It's a concept he's honestly warmed up to, but would take some specific circumstances to achieve. While I think it's possible for him to inevitably accept anyone desperate enough, he'd be more open to people who have a) experienced similar issues as he has in his life (i.e abuse, inadequacy issues, just read his profile rofl) b) is closer to him in age and c) this one is the most important, but your character NEEDS to WANT to become a noble, or at least be open to the idea, or want access to that power for some (good) reason. He's not taking anyone against their will, nor is he one who would want to convince your character. Being a noble is serious s**t lmao.

Obviously not all of those need to be met except for the last one, but they would help with the process. Shiloh is very much the type to seek out birds of a feather, and similar hardships resonate with him and make him want to better other individuals. I hope this makes sense? Message me if you wanna plot stuff! (an ooc note that I'm partial towards more lady nobles because the court is such a sad crywank? why?)

IC point of contact;; Shiloh Beaumont
    OOC point of contact;; AIM: mel.collie ; discord: mellancollie#2966 ; PMs are a-ok!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:08 pm
why are there so many songs about rainbows?

Chester needs some things for his event plot thingur ouo
    • a warg who will somehow reveal their wargness to him and tell him, very loosely, what it entails (i am happy to talk over IM/PM to find an organic way to do this so your character doesn't have to be like HAY I'M A WEEERRRRRRRGGG for no reason)
    • and a noble who will do the same (i suspect this will be more difficult)

if you have a noble who might say a bit more if chester knows something about nobles first, hit me up too and i'll try to meet that first step because that might be a way to approach it idk

IC point of contact;; Chester Poole

OOC point of contact;; aim: smerdlejingles; discord: smerdle #7287; PMs coo

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:36 am
Google Only Fails Me
    Cass is new to Ashdown. That said, that also means that once anything spoopy manifests for her, she's going to have nobody to springboard off of. Send help. Cass doesn't know she's going to have questions with nobody to ask them to (because Cid probably won't have answers, sry Cid)
    IC point of contact;; Cassandra Youttz
    OOC point of contact;; AIM: Pachbot ; Discord: Pachabel#6992; PM is fine

The Cowardly LionFox
    I want to find a way to kind of...test Fox's cowardice. (Wow so vague). Mostly to establish a starting point for what she needs to grow from. Either from a standpoint of something that terrorizes or something that can step in and be like 'wtf lady, that thing could have killed u if I wasn't here'. :V /what a tangled net I weave because I probs need both/
    IC point of contact;; Fox Bliskiss
    OOC point of contact;; AIM: Pachbot ; Discord: Pachabel#6992; PM is fine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am
there's no need to be heartless when you're calling all the shots.

Ashton Carver, despite his reputation as a polite, gentle, hardworking person, has a lot of irons in the fire that he's been setting up for years and years. This isn't to say he's not those things at least some of the time: it's to say he's a manipulative a*****e who befriends people to get ahead and gaslights them into never calling him out for it when they're no longer serving a purpose. I'd like someone who Ashton has done this to in the past to confront him about it, and we'll see how it plays out.
    IC point of contact;; Ashton Carver
    OOC point of contact;; daekie#5087 on discord!

the haunting of sunshine girl.

Soleil has little experience with actual magic, due to being from Salem and only recently moving to Ashdown; I mostly just want to get her acclimated to Ashdown proper! Here is Soleil, your new friend, fortunately(???). Especially interested in anyone whose magic has had obvious physical affects (i.e. Alexis' teeth, Jeremiah's eyes, Autumn's horns).
    + bonus points: I aim to eventually warg Soleil, so I'd love to have her encounter wargs!
    IC point of contact;; Soleil Dyer
    OOC point of contact;; daekie#5087 on discord!

ready steady fight.

Alexis wants to fight in general. Alexis knows they shouldn't be fighting. LUCKILY ENOUGH: the Alexis in this timeline that got replaced? Big fan of getting into confrontations that ended up with them bleeding! If you're a new-timeline native, confused as to why Alexis has suddenly developed an aversion to physical violence, hmu.
    IC point of contact;; Alexis Tucker
    OOC point of contact;; see above

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:57 pm
Not your everyday normal.

Marcus has been trying really hard to understand the purpose of magic in Ashdown and why its involving him. He need mostly connections and people who don't mind playing 20 questions with him. I REALLY want him to meet those who are no longer fully human and sort of find out that yeah, thats a thing that can happen, because as stands he's not yet made that connection on how magic can straight up change a person.

IC point of contact;; Marcus LeCroix
    OOC point of contact;; PM is Open, my Discord is StolenVampires#5429

tiny soft scree scree.

Abigail needs to meet wargs and were. So many of them. All of them. She is unaware of any gifts she might currently have, but i plan for her to become a bat were so having her rp with a bunch of them would be the best.
    IC point of contact;; Abigail Belmont
    OOC point of contact;; PM is Open, my Discord is StolenVampires#542

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:49 pm
guiding and learning.
    Nasir, not so much a fresh faced dreamer but still new to some of this, is looking to learn about magic and other ashdown! He's curious about it and wants to learn as much as he can.

The other side to this is that he is looking for information about wargs! He's absolutely planning on making a guide for wargs to go by and anything anyone knows, hearsay or otherwise, he would love to know!

This plot will be ongoing for the foreseeable future so hit me up!
    IC point of contact;; Nasir Vasile, your friendly local warg and kind-hearted cook.
    OOC point of contact;; AIM: happinesselude ; discord: rated em #4749 ; PMs are acceptable

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 pm
necrosis increases
    So the rot is ********' weird; let's check it out. Fetcherance is interested in the rot in a clinical, who is ******** s**t up way. Barring that its still there when/if Temperance comes back, she's gonna hardcore peep into it, concerned she's causing it. Help.
    IC point of contact;; [Temperance Clark - both fetch and non-fetch]
    OOC point of contact;;discord: Tunacant#8980 | pms

plot threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas