Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

god I don't need these complications
  stressed enough as it is...
View Results

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am
so yesterday I was told my university registrars office contacted me, but couldn't call them until today.

apparently, due to credit accumulation alone. should I pass all my classes this semester, I can technically graduate in may, but I will still be short 3 credits. thus, need to take a summer course

yet, as my degree completion progress report states, I still have 2 mandatory classes left, more than 3 credits, also only available in the fall(I think).

what makes this more frustrating than it already is, is my grants and scholarship status, how this is going to affect it (like if I choose to"graduate" then take one course, cause I need full time student status), how I missed the application deadline by 3 days because I didn't know and they JUST NOW CONTACTED ME about this.

and lastly, this all just may be a hiccup, which further supports my belief that this school has no structure or solid systems in place for its students. stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:41 am
That's quite a shitty situation to be in sweatdrop
I hope things get sorted out as soon as possible, however that's a major blunder done on the schools part. First thing next working day, go into the administration office of your school and somehow try to fix it in one way or another?

-Quick rant for fun-
One of the reasons I don't exactly believe in most school systems, most employers just go "hmm yeah well that's good" seeing that someone went through all that effort, and wasted money.
However to be attractive on the market real work experience tends to be prioritized over having been to school, unless you studied something highly specialized in a particular field. Which they are interested in employing.  

CowDoll

Excitable Sex Symbol

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:54 am
Saddies
That's quite a shitty situation to be in sweatdrop
I hope things get sorted out as soon as possible, however that's a major blunder done on the schools part. First thing next working day, go into the administration office of your school and somehow try to fix it in one way or another?

-Quick rant for fun-
One of the reasons I don't exactly believe in most school systems, most employers just go "hmm yeah well that's good" seeing that someone went through all that effort, and wasted money.
However to be attractive on the market real work experience tends to be prioritized over having been to school, unless you studied something highly specialized in a particular field. Which they are interested in employing.

yup, very shitty situation.
but given what info I have right now these are my two options
1) graduate and take the single course, so long as I can maintain my scholarship/grant status to do so
2) if the first one does not work, just finish out fall semester with 12 credits and graduate in December like I planned  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:59 am
sgt.Frosty

yup, very shitty situation.
but given what info I have right now these are my two options
1) graduate and take the single course, so long as I can maintain my scholarship/grant status to do so
2) if the first one does not work, just finish out fall semester with 12 credits and graduate in December like I planned

My advice, sit down with a piece of paper. Write pro's and cons with both ideas.
Consider everything you can think of regarding the choice.
And go for the one who you feel got more benefits than the other, or get a second/third opinion regarding it too. Might help you decide whee
Whichever one you end up doing, I do wish you luck with it.  

CowDoll

Excitable Sex Symbol

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 pm
I'm so glad I don't go to school.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:26 pm
A-B0T
I'm so glad I don't go to school.