Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragon Castle (A Roleplaying Community)

Back to Guilds

We are a guild with heavy emphasis on community and enjoyable roleplaying. Join us and find your place within Dragon Castle! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Community, Writing, Creativity 

Reply Veteris Mundi
Dragon Castle(Ver. 2.0)(CLOSED) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 pm
User Image

Jodan nodded. He figured Goruk is a strong fighter, but like anyone else, he wouldn’t be able to take on everything. “W-Well actually… I can fly.” As he said this, he moved the cloak back, a pair of dark red wings appeared in a flash of light on his hips. While they looked to be made of thin fabric, they had a slight shimmer to them. “If we need to escape… I-I think I could fly us both out.” Even though he says this, he’s never carried anyone in the air before. So he hoped that if need be, he would be able to fly them both out fast enough. “I can adjust the speed while in the air based on how much magic I use in these.”

Jodan looked up at the mountains, dreading having to go back in there. But he wasn’t going back to Maldria with burnt herbs. He wanted to be sure any tasks he’s given are done properly to ensure the person who gave him the request are satisfied. “I just hope we don’t encounter any dragons.” He spoke softly.

My feelings: Hopeful
                                      My location: South of the White Hills
                                      People I'm with: Goruk Devon
                                      Current Weapon Form: Currently stored behind his belt.
                                      Out of Conscious:

Goruk Devon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:15 am
User Image

User Image

Phelan raised his gaze to meet Horrin's with a blink of surprise. The sudden shift in the warlock's demeanor, as well as his kind gesture left Phelan slightly taken aback. Phelan's eyes moved to the hand held out to him, he stared at it for a slight moment before deciding to take hold of it, and allowed Horrin to assist Phelan to his feet. He prolonged his grip on Horrin's hand a little longer, just enough to shake it in greeting. "Yes, Phelan Durai. You have my thanks, friend." Phelan said with a sincere smile.

Hearing Horrin compliment Phelan on his ambition helped ease some of the doubt he had previously been feeling. Even going as far as to make Phelan bashfully glance off to the side, and bring his hand up to rub the back of his neck. "You truly think so? You are too kind, sir-.", Phelan stopped mid sentence upon Horrin mentioning that he could use Phelan's assistance. Phelan's eyes widened in surprise, could this be the opportunity he so eagerly had been seeking? "A-absolutely! If I can aid you in this task by any means, it would be an honor!". Phelan exclaimed earnestly while nodding several times in quick succession.

Hiyama's growing temper, and snappy retort directed at Horrin caused the entirety of Phelan's form to stiffen in discomfort. He glanced nervously between the two before turning to fully face Hiyama. The words the elf had spoken moments ago echoing in his mind. Phelan met Hiyama's golden eyes with a determination swelling in his own hazel green eyes. "Sir Aeros, you had asked me if I would accept any task you would beseech of me. The answer is yes, I will do whatever it takes, whenever it is asked. Should you need to test me, I will humbly oblige.". Phelan anxiously inhaled a deep breath as he awaited the elf's response. Hoping his conviction would not come across too pitiful.

Feeling? Hopeful
Where at? Sanctuary
Who with? Hiyama & Horrin
OOC: N/A

MrSinister90
Crew

Timid Reveler

5,000 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Timid 100

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:30 pm
[User Image]

Goruk smiled and said "I too have a way to get out." he pats his legs "By myself I can usually get through these mountains in a bout a day in either direction." he started laughing though when he heard the man be worried about dragons attacking them. "I am a half-dragon..." he wanted to be honest with this man for why would he hold such information. "If we do meet any dragons. Most of them know me personally for I have spent much of my life in these mountains. There are those that will want to hurt us but I can defend us against them for the most part." he nod his head and stood tall as he continued "Just trust me and I can get us through and find you, your herbs." he holds out his hand for them to go and get there journey started. "Take my hand and hold onto my back. I will take us into the mountain and get there quickly...Trust me."

Mood:
People I'm with: None
Current equipment: His claymore, Armor and cloak.
Out of Conscious:  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:37 am
“So, I guess… This is it. My own apothecary”
The room had no windows. Had Elouise not lit the various candelabras fixed to the stony walls, darkness would have engulfed the entirety of the room. The walls pulsated in a dim orange glow, only split by the dancing refractions of light from the gallery of colorful jars and potions precariously propped on wooden shelves. Although some time had passed since her arrival, unpacked crates towered over her, sitting patiently in unkempt corners of the room. Suspended above her swayed a canopy of tethered herbal and floral bouquets, both fresh and dried. The room lingered of a sharp acrid smell; homage to the many herbalists, potion masters and sorcerers walked these stone floors before her. With two well-worn hands propped on her hips, Elouise surveyed what would soon become her new home and workspace. It wasn’t perfect and for all she cared, it didn’t need to be- it was hers.
“Finally”

It had been near a week since Elouise had first exchange a gold coin for safe passage from the grassy knolls of her hometown to the stone behemoth that was Dragon Castle. The castle itself was large enough to be a small city. From her childhood, memories recounted Dragon Caste as a fabled home and sanctuary to the strongest, wisest and most talented citizens of Maldria and outlands. It was only by a stroke of good fortune- and a rather misfortunate fatality -that Elouise was appointed as the new Castle herbalist, as the former was “taking a vacation to the undertaker’s”. Although still a novice at her trade, Elouise was determined to succeed… and hopefully spend more time on the earthly plain than her predecessor.

Her first week on the job had been a quiet one, yet a perplexingly challenging one also. A young man had appeared at her clinic a few days earlier, requesting a remedy for a unusual, dark bruising that stemmed from below his ribcage, and branched out like inky tendrils across his chest. Although rare, Elouise had recognized the markings from early folklore manuscripts: "Banshee's blight", a illness contracted from drinking from cursed water sources such as abandoned well. Having been almost a week since his initial symptoms arose, his upper abdomen was all but black… If Elouise did not act quickly, the young man’s life would be in jeopardy. Although of supernatural origins, the ailment was easy to cure, alas very tricky to compound without the right ingredients. Adjacent to the room, the former herbalist had established a well-tended, yet unkempt nursery. Yet, however well stocked her pantry was, rare ingredients were in limited supply. Fortunately, a meeting with a fellow occupant of the Castle, Jodan Kurofwodo, had been the answer to her prayers…
"Now, to wait"

Nerdphiliac

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:57 pm
User Image

he young blonde stared at Goruk for a moment, surprised to hear he was half dragon. Had Goruk mentioned that earlier, he would have been more wary of him. But having talked with him for a bit now, he didn’t feel the need to be concerned about that. He was being nice after all. Jodan felt somewhat relieved to hear that Goruk knows majority of the dragons living in those mountains. “O-Oh…. That’s kind of a relief then. I hope that dragon I encountered earlier is one you know.” He chuckled a bit.

He was a bit puzzled. Was Goruk thinking of carrying him up the mountains? “A-Are you sure? Wouldn’t my weight slow you down at all?” He questioned, even though he stepped forward to grab his hand. His face got a little red from embarrassment. He hasn’t really had anyone carry him on their back like this. He hoped they won’t encounter any issues. The herbs getting charred and having to go back into the mountains to find more sure delayed him quite a bit. He hoped Elouise doesn’t get too impatient or wonder what happened. He really wanted to be sure he got those herbs to her in time.

My feelings: Nervous
                                      Out of Conscious:

Goruk Devon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:16 pm
[User Image]

He made sure his grip was solid but not to tight as to hurt the young man before saying "You wont slow me down. I am much stronger then my appearance shows." and with that Jodan would feel Goruk's magic flowing almost just atop the skin as Goruk would get warmed up all over. At that moment is when he would leap into the sky towards the mountain. They hung suspended in the air as they traveled over top most of the forest before landing at the mountains base. He leaped once more heading into the mountains as he began to dash from wall to peak, etc, etc traveling towards where he knew the mountain herbs grew.

It was snowing as they traveled the flakes however would seemingly go around them as the heat and air current around them prevented the snow hitting them. For the passenger it may have been a bit bumpy but he was holding on tight it should have been a pleasant ride as they went along. They would see dragons some small, a few were very large and they had to dash quickly around those but surprisingly none of them attacked as they smelled Goruk approaching one even mumbled out a hello as he woke from his slumber as they passed for one who never seen these beasts this close without being attacked this was quite the site as the mountains seemed to come alive as they went deeper into the center.

Mood: Ready!
My location: South of the White Hills heading into the Mountains
People I'm with: Jodan Kurofwodo
Out of Conscious:  

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

xCyanRushx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:32 pm
        User Image

Horrin sees the emotions drawn upon Phelan's face and it gives him great pleasure seeing him take in his words with such a positive demeanor. The fact that Phelan mentioned his kindness, it completely fed into Horrin's ego and he could feel a hint of joy raising within him, which is rare in his life. Also, witnessing Phelan's eagerness to aid him was comforting to Horrin. The fact that Horrin just met Phelan and he is taking part in his plans was quite shocking to him. He was not expecting it to be so simple and easy. Especially, when he exclaimed that it was an honor of his. That alone made Horrin completely overjoyed and you can see the satisfaction painted all over his face.

The only obstacle that faces him now is this growing nuisance: Hiyama.

Impatient and feeling a sense of intrusion, Horrin wedges himself within the conversation of Hiyama and Phelan.

"With all due respect, the tasks we have ahead of us are of urgent matters. Dragon Castle business I might want to add. So, if you do not mind, make this conversation quick and to the point so we may be on our way. May this young one accompany me? I see his potential and I wish to draw it out of him. A benefit for all parties involved!" Horrin says with an enthusiastic, yet obviously sarcastic tone. Horrin then glances at Phelan with a comforting and reassuring smile on his face.

Mood: Anxious
        My location: Sanctuary
        People I'm with: Phelan Durai, Hiyama Aeros
        Current Summon: Gremzal (Not in Party)
        Out of Conscious: N/A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm
User Image

He held on as they were in the air. If it hadn’t been for the fact he was so used to being in the air, using his wings and all, he would be terrified. Though that is not the case now. He was more surprised by how high Goruk could jump! And he felt so warm. Almost feeling kind of relaxing. Jodan held on tightly so as to not lose his grip, his blonde hair swaying all over. And then came the dash, the snow melting and evaporating before it could even touch them.

Up ahead he could see many dragons. Jodan was expecting some to start attacking, but they didn’t. They just went about doing what they were doing as Goruk weaved his way around them. He watched the dragons in awe, his jaw dropped a bit. He had never really seen dragons up close like this before. Though the dragon that attacked previously was the first he’d ever encountered. Doesn’t seem that red dragon was anywhere near here. He let out a sigh of relief. He wasn’t sure if that one would be friendly with Goruk around, or if it would still be angry. Seeing these dragons up close, he was able to marvel at their wonderful scales, that seem to shine like gems. They look so beautiful!.

He wasn’t sure if it was because Goruk was with him, or if these dragons were just friendly in general. Whatever the case, he was glad. He could actually admire what wonderful creatures they are. “They’re so beautiful….” He muttered.

My feelings: Awed
                                      My location: White Hills
                                      Out of Conscious:

Goruk Devon

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 pm
User Image

User Image
                                      Hiyama watched as the two conversed, Phelan seeming rather eager to work with Horrin. He turned to Phelan as he spoke to him. Calling him by the proper title helped ease his temper a bit. Hiyama was sure the boy will be a great asset to Dragon Castle and Maldria, whatever he chooses to do here. He let out small smile. “That’s good to hear Phelan. For now, I believe you already have a task with Horrin here.” He spoke, motioning towards the warlock.

Of course, as he was doing this, Horrin had stepped between them. This warlock was really get under his skin! He would so love to turn this man into a lump of cindering ashes. But he can’t, as Horrin doesn’t pose any threat to the balance of this world. At least, as far as he is aware. Not only that, but he was sure the Guardians would disapprove of such actions unless he had a legitimate reason to. “Very well, I shall leave you two to go about your business.” He spoke as calmly as he can, desperate the slight irritation in his voice.

He turned to Phelan. “There are many positions you can take up here in Dragon Castle, to occupy yourself, should you need it. However, if you wish to join Maldria’s militia, I’m afraid you will have to wait for some time, as the Head Commander is the one who over sees recruitment, and he is currently out on a mission.” Just the thought of that guy irritated him slightly. Hiyama wasn't sure if Phelan would ever consider joining the militia, he figured he would let him know of that option, and that he would have a to wait some time. Which would give the young man some time to thing about what he can do during his time here. He turned to Horrin once more. “Since it appears we are done here, go ahead and take your leave. I trust you will take good care of Phelan?”

My feelings: Irritated
                                                      My location: Dragon Castle / Sanctuary
                                                      People I'm with: Phelan Durai and Horrin Lambell
                                                      Out of Care:

xCyanRushx

MrSinister90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:55 pm
        User Image

Horrin quickly glances back to Hiyama and has an almost offended look on his face.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I? I trust in his abilities and I am supremely confident in mine. In my care, he will go untouched. I promise you that Hiyama. This new resident of this sacred castle will definitely come back in one piece. Given your position and stature, we will ultimately see each other again once more."

Horrin then proceeds to walk past Phelan with a devilish grin forming on his face. He looks back at Phelan and says, "Come now, Phelan. We have work to do! You wish to rid the world of evil, yes? Join me in eradicating these pesky cultists in Maldria. I believe that their existence should be... 'tailored towards a different life." He chuckles a bit to himself, then beckons his hand towards Phelan, eager to see if he will join within his stead.

Mood: Eager
        My location: Sanctuary
        People I'm with: Phelan Durai, Hiyama Aeros
        Current Summon: Gremzal (Not in Party)
        Out of Conscious: N/A

xCyanRushx

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:13 am
[User Image]

"Indeed they are." he said with a smile he continued on his way jumping from cliffside to cliffside before landing near the mouth of a huge cave. It was then Hiro fell silent as they approached and in front of the cave and off to the sides was the herb they had been looking for. Hiro set Jodan down and said quietly "Be very quiet...There is a large dragon inside the cave and I know him well. We have battled a few times when we have crossed paths." He quietly crept up to the mouth of the cave and began to collect the herbs carefully. It took him only about a minute to gather as many as he could before heading back to where he dropped Jodan.

Walking up he hands the herbs to him before sensing eyes on the back of his head. He turns to see two huge eyes staring at them before a huge black dragon comes forth from the cave staring at them with glaring red eyes. "Goruk! Why do you come here!" the dragon roared in the common tongue. Goruk stood tall against the dragon and walked forward yelling up to it "I am here to gather herbs for a friend Rotush! There is no reason for us to fight right now!" He took out his blade which as soon as he did the Black dragon looked at it before letting out a loud Hiss and saying "You wield the bones of a dragon as a weapon!" the dragon back away a bit before slinking back in the cave "Leave me now kin-Killer." he said before disappearing into the darkness from whence it came.

Mood: Happy
My location: Inside the Mountains
People I'm with: Jodan Kurofwodo
Out of Conscious:  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:39 am
User Image

User Image

Phelan smiled through clenched teeth as Horrin mentioned his potential, as well as Horrin's confidence in Phelan's abilities. It is true Phelan possessed powerful magic, but he was known to miscast even the simplest of spells if his nerves got the better of him. Reaching Dragon Castle, he had hoped that he'd be prepared for anything. This false sense of confidence was immediately crushed upon Horrin explaining what his plan entailed. 'Cultists?! That's what I will be tackling on my first task here?! I figured I would be eradicating pesky imps from someone's cellar, but it seems I was foolish to think it would be that easy.' Phelan thought to himself as he tried to swallow the growing lump in his throat. It became apparent that settling his nerves would not be so easily achieved, as well as the growing tension between the two men before him was not helping in the slightest.

Phelan watched Horrin walk past him before glancing to Hiyama once again. He had mentioned that the castle had positions that had yet to be claimed. The image of Phelan proudly entrusted with the role of Grand Enchanter painted itself in his mind. Just as quickly as it appeared, it was replaced with another image of Phelan in a suit of clunky armor, stumbling awkwardly head on towards a fire breathing dragon upon Hiyama mentioning the possibility of Phelan joining the militia.

"Thank you Sir Aeros, I will keep that in mind going forward. I hope the next time we meet, I can report back having made Maldria a significantly safer place. Until then, take care.". Phelan gave Hiyama a half-bow, followed by a small wave as he turned to catch up with Horrin.

Phelan kept pace alongside Horrin as they walked, all the while taking in the majesty of the castle around them. "If you do not mind friend, I have a couple questions I would like to ask. The first being about these cultists. What manner of evil doing have they been partaking in? Manipulating the public, and forcing them to join their cause? Or perhaps are they rallying their forces to overthrow the kingdom using.. dark magic?". Phelan's bright, inquisitive eyes shifted to that of a cold, grim seriousness never thought possible to come from such a naive individual. This tone was short-lived as he reverted back to his chipper, wide-eyed self just as quickly as it had changed. "The second being, might I know your name? I don't recall catching it when we met.", Phelan asked with a warm smile.

Feeling? Anxious
Where at? Sanctuary
Who with? Hiyama & Horrin
OOC: N/A

MrSinister90
Crew

Timid Reveler

5,000 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Timid 100

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm
User Image

He remained quiet, as Goruk instructed, as they approached a cave. It didn’t look like the one he was by earlier, so at least he won’t have to deal with that red dragon again. The fact that Goruk had fought this dragon before made it a bit unnerving. Jodan stood back as he watched Goruk retrieve the herbs. And there was quite a bit too. He could feel a joy welling up inside him. Elouise would definitely appreciate having more herbs like this. He held onto the herbs as Goruk handed them to him, and safely placed them into his bag, discarding the burned ones that he still had in there. He had to tie up the hole in the bag as well so as to prevent the herbs from falling out on the way back to Maldria. He’s gonna have to sew this bag back up properly when he gets home. Looking back up, his eyes widened, followed by a gasp.

The dragon Goruk had mentioned just moments ago was staring them down, seeming to be very angry at Goruk. He felt like he was going to faint. This dragon, although it isn’t attacking right now, seemed far more menacing than that red dragon. He had quickly stepped back, hand holding his staff firmly behind his back, ready to be drawn should the need to arise. Despite that he would be ready to fight if it came to that, he couldn’t help the shaking throughout his body. The fear was getting to be too much.

He noticed Goruk had his blade dawn, and the black dragon didn’t seem to like that very much with that hiss. It surprised him when he heard that the sword was made with dragon bones. No wonder why he could detect something powerful with weapon after having scanned it. He never thought it would contain dragon bones in it all. He watched as the dragon turned around and returned into the dark depths of the cave. They didn’t have to fight. He let out a sigh of relief. His legs felt so weak that he fell to the ground on his knees, breathing heavily. He tried to slow his breathing by taking deep breaths, but it came to be a struggle for him at the moment.

My feelings: Terrified
                                      My location: White Hills
                                      Out of Conscious:

Goruk Devon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 pm
User Image

User Image
                                      Like he doubted the man’s abilities in the first place. He seemed powerful enough considering he was attempting to open up that portal earlier. That last comment Horrin made irked Hiyama. As much as he hated to admit it, but he was right. They were bound to run into each other here. Another nuisance to deal with.

He watched as the two walked away, going off to tend to some matters. He overheard Horrin mention some cultists that they were going to deal with. One of his stature has definitely heard of the threat here in Maldria, given he had to make a post about it, and having to deal with making sure the sewers get closed off for the time being. He turned to take his leave when he heard footsteps rushing towards him. He turned to find a soldier running up to him in a hurry, while looking back, he saw three more soldiers dragging. a young looking man by the arms, bound in cuffs around the wrists and ankles. The cuffs that bound the man weren't like any normal cuffs. They were specifically designed to seal away magic.

“Sir Aeros!” The soldier spoke, stopping to take a breather before continuing. “We’ve managed to capture one of those blasted Proser-whatever they call it guys.” He spoke more clearly. The threed other soldiers had reached where Hiyama and the first soldier are, holding the man up for Hiyama to see his face. “Though it took us some time to detain him. The guy was using some pretty nasty magic. I’m afraid there are some extensive damage to northern Maldria.”

Something definitely snapped in him. “You… incompetant fools!” He growled. A fiery aura rose up around him, making the soldiers step back. He definitely wasn’t having it today. “You know how I hate having to deal with fixing up that kind of damage and dealing with the costs to get it done! How can you allow this…. scum to cause that much destruction!”

”S-sorry… Sir Aeros.” The first soldier spoke, his voice trembling in fear. He could hear the other soldiers snickering a bit. Previously they had all made a bet to determine who would confront Hiyama to tell him about the damage cause by the cultist, knowing full well he would be infuriated. Of course this soldier lost and was tasked with informing Hiyama. “L-like I said…”

“No excuses!” He snapped, cutting off the soldier. “If that damned commander of yours was here, he would have kept that damage to a very minimal!” He glared at the other three soldiers when he heard them chuckling a bit, and they immediately straightened up and kept quiet. The cultist that was bound by cuffs stared at the elf in wide eyed horror, trembling. Seems the criminal was smart enough to know his place. He let out a frustrated sigh. “Seeing as this scum is one of those damned cultists, you saw where those two had walked off. Take him to them now! Perhaps they can force some information out of him.” He turned away. “Begone with you lot!” He shouted again, the soldiers scrambling away, all four of them carrying the prisoner to the direction where Phelan and Horrin went.

With that, Hiyama proceeded to make his way to his quarters, where he will have to write up some reports and determine the costs of repairing the damage. as well as finding the people who will be responsible for making those repairs, which will cost some more to pay them for their efforts. Definitely going to need a lot of man power if he wants it done in a timely manner

My feelings: Irritated
                                                      My location: Dragon Castle / Sanctuary
                                                      People I'm with: Phelan Durai and Horrin Lambell
                                                      Out of Care:

xCyanRushx

MrSinister90

Avacnela

Avacnela

Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

Veteris Mundi

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash