Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 am
Putting this here even though it should be in the serious forum, that way people will see it. I'll move it later.

Sorry for suddenly disappearing for a few days, I received some terrible news over spring break.

My grandpa went to the hospital for shoulder pain, due to the location of the pain I knew it was going to be lung cancer which wouldn't be surprising because he was a smoker. It did in fact turn out to be cancer, after running tests we caught it too late and it's spread to his brain and other organs. Today he is now in the beginning stages of his body shutting down, it didn't even take a full week after getting the diagnosis.

I didn't get to go to the hospital, I couldn't make myself go because he's been forgetting who people are due to the cancer destroying his brain and the cocktail of meds hes on plus he's been screaming and crying in pain because he doesn't know whats going on due to the state of his brain, or that is what my dad told me. I don't want to remember him like that.

I'll be online later doing stuff around the guild. I'll be using school wifi since we accidentally blew through the bandwidth earlier this month with the PS4. We forgot that it was online and it was updating games... Oops.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:21 am
I get what you mean. Ed is trying to get clean from pain killer addiction and he shows a lot of the same symptoms to my mom. I don't even know what the future is going to be like for him.

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:03 am
A-B0T
I get what you mean. Ed is trying to get clean from pain killer addiction and he shows a lot of the same symptoms to my mom. I don't even know what the future is going to be like for him.

Pain killers like other narcotics can be hard to quit, he will need a lot of support and will need to ween himself off. It's a tough addiction to overcome, the first few months after quitting will be really rough but he if he can stick with it his body will benefit. I'm happy that he's trying to overcome the addiction, I know he has health issues hopefully by quitting his health will improve. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Is your mom ok? How is she handling it?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:21 am
Dogoda
A-B0T

Pain killers like other narcotics can be hard to quit, he will need a lot of support and will need to ween himself off. It's a tough addiction to overcome, the first few months after quitting will be really rough but he if he can stick with it his body will benefit. I'm happy that he's trying to overcome the addiction, I know he has health issues hopefully by quitting his health will improve. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Is your mom ok? How is she handling it?
She worries about him. I don't know exactly how much.

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Serious Discussions and Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items