Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 am
Kanika quietly waited for the alkidike who was supposed to join her on a small expedition. Zandala had told her to be nice since she’d met her once and so Kanika was eager to know why she had been the one paired up with her. Kanika fixed the bag over her shoulder, eyeing the sun. She was early to their meeting place, as usual, so she hoped the other girl wouldn’t be late. They needed a lot of time to go out gathering items and such. Kanika was looking forward to stretch her legs a bit, it would be nice to get out a bit of the village.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:02 am
Tasinei

Kiki put the finishing touches on a story she'd come up with the day before. She needed to modify it a little - the end was a little weak - but it would be a really lovely one. She had taken longer than she'd expected but she knew she was still on time for her meeting with Zandala's daughter. That was who she was meeting - the daughter of the Alkdidike who had been one of the more welcoming among them. It was only fitting that Kiki, a confident young lady now, would meet her daughter.

As it turned out, the girl was already there. Kiki glanced up at the sky, concerned that she had mistimed it somehow - but no, this was the time they had arranged to meet for their expedition. "Been waiting long?" she called to the Elaria. Then again, timing was exactly what one made of it. Early, late, they were only relative concepts.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:15 am
DraconicFeline

“No, not at all.” Kanika replied as she observed the Alkidike. What was special about this one? Why had Zandala said to be nice? “I’m Kanika, one of Zandala’s daughters,” she added in case no one had told her who she was going to be with that day. “It’s nice to meet you.” She biefly wondered if she remembered her mother at all. “Ready to go?” Kanika was eager to get out of the village, hopefully so was Kiki.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:43 am
Tasinei

Kiki nodded. "I'm Kiunyki. I's nice to meet you, as well." she said, "Lets go." After her morning ritual, she always found herself full of energy - invoking her own mother, she supposed.

"Remind me - what are we seeking on this trip?" Of course, she knew. However, her mind was still in the story, fiddling with the events and the morals of it.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:02 am
DraconicFeline

“Food I believe anything useful really.” They hadn’t been exactly forth coming with the details, they’d just said go out and get important things. In her mind, important things meant food and other useful supplies. Perhaps even vines to sue as rope, or any herbs they might find for medicinal purposes. Kanika followed at the Alkidike easily, pondering the items they might be able to find. “I know we can’t go too far because I am not a blade yet, but it feels nice to get out doesn’t it?” Perhaps alkidikes didn’t feel the need to go out since they hadn’t been confined to the village for as long as the elaria had.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:15 am
Tasinei

Well, then, she'd just keep an eye out for anything that could be gathered. Someone would find use in it. "That's why I'm with you - as I am a blade..." a one that, for Kiki, was hard-earned, "We can probably go far enough to find something nice." Kiki didn't venture too far beyond Zinris herself - it was dangerous here. When she wasn't alone, however, she was much more brave.

"It really is." Kiki said, "I've been out often enough, but there are things further out on the island that we need to know about." Actually, they might run into earthlings. That would be... unnerving, to be sure. Kiki had heard that the earthlings of this island's eyes glowed... creepy.

"Other than what we're here for, anything you want to try to find?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am
DraconicFeline

“Perfect then!” Thankfully they’d paired her with a blade because they wouldn’t have been able to go far indeed. “Medicinal herbs should be priority.” Kanika knew most, she studied hard to learn as much as she could about yael. A quick glance around told here they wouldn’t be finding any here. “We should go near a body of water, anything from a small stream to a river would do. We will find some plants there.” She was letting the older Alkidike take the lead, Kanika would follow.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:18 pm
Tasinei

"Good call." Medicine was always needed. Warriors they were, and thus they would get wounded. In Yael's toxic land, a wound could be fatal without medicine. "Isn't everything in Yael kind of a body of water? Mud, but water..." Then again, the Elaria wouldn't know that other lands were different, that in the Tale mud did not lie thick and stinking on every part of the ground, or that it hardly rained in Sauti.

"I know what you mean, though - if we keep going this way, we should come across a pond, and beyond that, the river that feeds it during the monsoons."

Which were a season. Kiki had recorded it's start and stop dates every year, and she knew when it was, and what it did to the ground and soil and animals.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm
DraconicFeline

Mud, but water? Kanika tried to understand the question but could not come up with an answer. “What do you mean?” The floor of Yael had always been like this? Perhaps it had not been before Kanika had bloomed and Kiki new differently, but as far as she knew, the floor of Yael had always been this messy.

“That’ll be good, plenty to forage then.” Kanika pushed on, she was looking forward to some good loot from this run. “One of my mothers, Zandala, said she knew you. Did you know each other from back on the mainland?” She was curious to know how it was back there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am
Tasinei

"Nothing - it's just very wet here." Kiki said. "And no, I didn't meet her in Jauhar - I met her when I came here. I knew Lumikani from before, though." That was the girl's other mother, she thought. Was that why Zandala had been so (comparatively) nice to her before, or was it simply Zandala's way? Kiki wasn't sure, but she was grateful all the same.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 am
DraconicFeline

“Oh you’ve met Lumikani too?” Kanika had not known that! Granted she’d also not told Lumkani either. “How were my mothers? Before my sister and I of course.”She especially wondered how Lumikani was. She was curious to know if she had been any different before.

“Do you think being more wet is a bad thing? I am curious about the mainland.” She said quietly. “I will go there one day.” Or at least she hoped so.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:43 pm
Tasinei

"Well, both of them welcomed me here when I arrived. Lumikani spoke up for me, and Zandala helped me fit in with the others..." Kiki had come a long way from that, though the past wasn't as far off as she might have liked. "They've always been... strong women, willing to offer a hand to a Sister when no one else would. They stick to their convictions, and will not be shaken." She smiled at Lumikani, "I don't don't think that has changed."

"Well, being wet isn't a bad thing, exactly..." Kiki said, backtracking, "It's just... a different kind of wet. You should definitely visit the mainland, though - it's a beautiful place. Especially... Jauhar." Chibale was a different kind of pretty.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:55 pm
DraconicFeline

“Sounds like my moms.” Kanika smiled, she loved hearing about them. She wanted to be exactly like that. Loyal to her sisters, always lending a hand to those who were in need, all the while being strong. Kanika swore she would stick to her own convictions, as she had with Niva, and she would be unshakable in those beliefs.

“I plan on it,” Kanika said with a nod of her head. “We need to see firsthand what is out there, it’s nice that the alkidikes want to always tell us how it is, but there’s nothing like touching and feeling it on your own.” Kanika paused. “Sorry, your alkidike too. It’s just a bit frustrating sometimes.” Hopefully she hadn’t offended her.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 pm
Tasinei

"I understand - don't worry. But..." Kiki's voice grew wistful, or perhaps a little pained. "Jauhar is a long way away. There is so much between there and here; the desert, the plains, the mountains..." And of course, the jungle itself. Would they ever be allowed back to Chibale, even? Ever? If not, then the word of the Alkidikes would be all that the Elaria had to know Aisha. Maybe her word would be enough...

Her feet squished softly into mud - the sort that hinted at water running deep within. She paused, crouching. "We're nearly there. Keep an ear out - we don't know what else might be seeking water." she whispered, stalking forward cautiously. There might, after all, be something that would consider them edible.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:31 pm
“I want to see it all.” Kanika said in a cheerful hushed tone. Yael was growing far too small for her, she wanted to see and experience other things. She wanted to travel for days on end and not reach the end of the island. She wanted to meet and see people, observe them and see how they acted and how they spoke. The yaeli were so boring to her now.

“Right,” Kanika crouched down and moved forward quickly and quietly until finally she saw what they were looking for. “There, found some.” She said and began to collect.

DraconicFeline

◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces