Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:59 am
Cassia tugged gently on the strap across her chest to make sure it was secure. She was on her way to see a herbalist to see if perhaps she had any new plants ,flowers, fruits or anything really that could be used to make tea. Anything could make a good tea when it was paired with something else, and while Cassia was good at pairings, actually finding ingredients was something else altogether. She was still learning after all from her mother and studying the books. An herbalist though would know better than she and perhaps even bring new things she had not thought about.

The one she was headed towards had been a recommendation from another herbalist while she was on a trading route. Her family always had their usual herbalist to help them, especially with Tendaji expanding and all the new continents. Cassia had discussed finding a herbalist that was younger and would not be set in their ways, one who wouldn’t be afraid to travel.

Cassia smiled to herself, one day she would travel outside of Tale… One day perhaps, when her hands didn’t shake just at the idea of stepping to far from home into the known.

The Leaf girl gently knocked on the door. She gave a quick look around the area as she waited.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:28 am
Within the little shop, Constynce was bursting with energy. It wasn't hers alone, but she was the primary worker there! It wasn't very large, but there was enough space for what she needed. She couldn't believe she finally had her own shop!

Being the fiance of the village chief had its perks... As people began to come in and look around, Constynce couldn't help feeling a little guilty. She hadn't made a name for herself yet, and all these people were coming thanks to her fiance's influence.

Still, once she got to talking with the customers, assisting their needs, and fulfilling purchases, her guilt faded. Maybe she had gotten an easy in, but she would definitely earn her right to keep it!

Today was slow though, so she took the opportunity to begin a letter to her grandparents. The gentle knock at the door caught her attention, brow rising with surprise. Most people didn't bother with waiting... She walked over to the door and pulled it open, smiling lightly to the young face before her. "May I help you?" she asked as she stepped back, gesturing for the girl to come inside.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:18 pm
Cornetified

There was a bit surprised at the young woman who answered the door and she immediately hid her arms behind her back to hide her scares. There were some she could not hide though like the one across her breast or over her eye and for those she looked away suddenly. What was the name of the herbalist she was supposed to be meeting again? Cassia turned her eyes to the ground and then looked around again quickly. Was she at the right place? He had expected someone just a touch older, not someone who looked like they were her age!

Running a hand through her hair before settling both tightly against the strap across her chest she gave a quick glance inside.

“I’m here to see Constynce. She was recommended to me by a fellow merchant.” Hopefully the herbalist was here and she’d be able to speak with her.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:51 pm
Her brow rose slightly with curiosity at the reaction she got. Was she intimidating? Did she have something hanging from her nose? She'd put her clothes on today, right?! Just to make sure, she looked down at herself. All seemed to be in order...

Watching the other fidget, Constynce just kept the door open, trying to be inviting. She'd gotten surprised looks before, but this apparent shock and concern was new... Utterly oblivious to the bashfulness about the scars, she was about to ask if the girl was okay when the other finally spoke up. Upon hearing her name, she smiled brightly. "I was recommended?" she asked with utter delight. She would create her own name yet! Right- "I mean, yes, that is me!" she chirped, stepping back from the entry a little. "Please, do come inside. What is it you're looking for?"

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:59 pm
Cornetified

The girl had seemed surprised, but she’d clearly said ‘I’ which meant this was indeed the herbalist that she was looking for. “Yes you were recommended.” Cassia was a little surprised to hear the girl’s surprise. She’d come highly recommended after all. Perhaps she’d made a mistake? Perhaps the person who had recommended her had made a mistake or misspoke. Well, there was no baking out of it now, she’d opened the door and was asking her what she needed. It couldn’t hurt to ask no was there? IF she didn’t have anything well at least it was a good day spent.

“My family are tea merchants, we were looking for any new plants, herbs, flowers, or whatever have you for teas.” Clenching her strap, cassia slide inside quickly and gave a look inside. At least this way the scars were hidden away from view. “We’re looking for new stock basically.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:17 pm
Hearing the girl repeat the statement back to her brought a blush to Constynce's cheeks. She wasn't giving this client any comfort with her surprise! "I do not mean to concern you," she managed to say bashfully. "I have only been here a short time. I assure you, I am just happy to hear others talking about me in such a pleasant tone." At least the skittish little thing had come inside!

"Ooh, I love tea," she sighed happily, spinning to look along the shelves. "Anything that is new from the latest order is marked with the gold circle on its tag. There is not too much at the moment, but it should be enough to give you some variety." With that, she started pulling at the little boxes, opening the ones with the gold that would work as a tea to help out, which turned out to be about eight boxes... Pursing her lips, she turned to another section of the shelves, pulling a few more open there as well. "These ones here are already blended with some of the new ingredients, if you are looking for more than just the straight cut.."

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:20 am
Cornetified

"Ah okay." Cassia replied once the girl had answered. That would explain why she'd never heard of her, but not why she had been recommended. Well, if she could help her then Cassia would recommend her as well and make it a point to use her services whenever she could. "I'm not concerned," she said quietly, just curious but she didn't want to say that to the girl. Probably a little nervous too since this was her first time doing such a thing. She had to get used to it after all since she planned on taking over the business when she was older.

Curiously, Cassia floated on over to the girl and her box of mysteries. She watched her work before grabbing one of the pouches to smell. "Do you have any boiling water for tasting? I'll pay for anything I sue of course." From her bag, Cassia slowly pulled out a little note book. Inside we're her tea notes and she planed on taking a few here today before returning home with some samples to play with. Still, she needed to try the plants freely first to understand their taste before she tried blending or any of the girl's own blended options.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:19 pm
Lips pursing, she turned and pointed to the small fire that sat to one side. "I will only take a moment to get some hot." With that, she quickly took one of the pots of water and hung it over the low flame. Smaller pots meant the water would heat up faster, making the process a little more efficient. She grabbed a stack of cups while waiting for the water to heat, and a plate of small crackers that were coated in herbs for cleansing the palate between tastes.

She grabbed the handle of the pot with a heavy cloth, and brought it over to the table where she had the cups ready. She glanced over the herbs quickly and pointed to a couple before pouring out the water. "Those two are quite strong, so keep in mind that a little will go a long way. Both can seem bitter if not diluted enough."

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:57 pm
Cornetified

“That’s okay, no rush.” Cassia watched Constynce work, she seemed to be quite efficient in her duties right down to the little cookies. Cassia was impressed so much so she even picked up one of the cookies to look them over. Maybe she’d ask her for her recipe. Would that be rude? Maybe it was a trade a secret and she wouldn’t want to give it up. Cassia put the cookie back on the plate and put her hands together in front of her while holding her book as she continued to look around until the water was ready.

Once the water was done, Cassia set herself up. She put her notebook down and opened it up to a new page, she glanced at the leaves and began to quietly sketch away what they looked like. “What is this one called?” She glanced towards Constynce then before going back to her sketch. “I also need to know where it comes from, the price, and how best to dry and keep it please.” Cassia was completely into her work mode now, her focus on the task at hand. This was the kind of stuff she liked best. Taking a small sample, Cassia brought it up to her nose and closed her eyes to inhale deeply then she scribbled down some notes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:58 pm
Looking at the booklet, Constynce felt a bit of surprise. The girl sure was covering all her bases, eager to do a good job. That was always nice to see. With a small nod, she walked around the back desk to pick up one of the large books sitting on it. From its pages, she could find all the information the girl needed.

Midway through, the herbalist looked up with a bashful smile. "By the way, what's your name? I would hate to let the identity of such an aspiring tea merchant slip away without chance to recall."

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:21 am
Cornetified

Cassia was scribbling away and she paused briefly to glance up to Constynce once before going back to her scribbles. “Cassia,” she said quietly. “Oh I’m not that good of a tea merchant yet.” She said before finally stopping to look at her work. She reached out and grabbed a cup to take a small sip, she closed her eyes and swirled the liquid in her mouth. The first taste was always the most important one after all. Once she was sure she’d picked up enough particularities, she swallowed and waited for the after taste. “This one is good.” She said quietly again before writing her notes down. “Do you see tea merchants often?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:04 am
Constynce chuckled lightly. "'Yet' is the keyword in that statement," she mused. Cassia seemed to have the right ideas in mind for how to become such a merchant. Leaving the girl to the tasting, Constynce made notes on the herbs being used in the record booklet. "Oh, we see a few here from time to time. Most will purchase quite a bit at once so that they don't have to make as many trips back and forth."  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 am
“I see,” Cassia said softly mulling the thought over. “We usually only come to herbologist to see if they have any new consumable plants that would be right for tea. I suppose they are doing the same.” Cassia made a few more notes and scribbles in her book. “Do you have anything spicy? We’ve been looking for something to add to some of our teas.” Spicy seemed to be the flavor of the season, perhaps she had a suggestion to make that could help their business. “I’m not a spice fan myself but we do try and please the crowds.”

Cornetified

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:33 pm
Constynce nodded lightly, continuing writing. When a special taste was requested, she raised a brow and looked around the shop curiously. "Spicy tea.. I have not had that yet." Pushing up from the desk, she walked out to the drawers to pluck up a couple samples. "This one here has some heat to it, and these two would be more flavor. This one isn't exactly spicy, but it is sharp on the tongue."
Tasinei

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:30 pm
“I’ll try all of them.” Cassia would taste all three and then mark down her notes to see which flavors would work well with the spices. She was already recording color into her book and when they were brought out she started out by smelling them. She also noted their texture, things like this were important so that when she mixed in other herbs, it was all uniform. They would all release their aroma at the same time and at the same degree of flavor. Grabbing a cup, Cassia drank it and swirled the liquid in her mouth. It tingled from the spice and it made her smile. “This one is good.”

Cornetified

◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces