Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:57 pm
We're looking at property in areas that haven't been developed... Rural areas and small towns where we don't hear sirens and where we can actully see the stars.
My place used to be in the country however, in recent years it's been developed... A lot...
There's an area called Hudson Oaks, it used to only have a Walmart, car dealerships, and some fast food places and that was it. Now it has Starbucks, GNC, some massage place, strip malls out the a**, a waterpark, loads of fast food joints. You can't even tell where the border of Hudson Oaks and Weatherford is anymore.
They even built a hospital like ten minutes away from my house so now you hear sirens all the blasted time. :grr:

What's even worse is that we're about to be annexed into a town called Aledo and when that happens they will be be jacking up the property taxes. A lot of rich people live in Aledo. There is a lot of pasture land in my area and they want to buy it up for expensive housing developments. emotion_donotwant

I used to enjoy this area a lot but now it's just so crowded and just no...

We're looking at property at least fifteen acres in neighboring areas.
My sister and her family along with my parents are in on the idea, we are selling my parents house and my sister is selling hers then we will be buying the property and building houses on it.
Jeff and I have our eyes on a nice manufactured home, we have enough for the downpayment.
We will have five acres each so I get five, my sister gets five and the parentals get five. While we will have the five acres each what we don't use will go to animals and things to make us self sufficient.

We are going to have chickens and we will have room for a nice sized garden.
We also plan on digging a well for water and using windmills and solar panels for electricity. We are also going to get other animals like goats and horses because you get tax breaks if you have livestock on your land in Texas.

Parents are buying the land and giving to us (sister and I) for our inheritance early.
This will be in a few years, we plan on buying the land next year but it will take a bit of time to get the houses built, septic tanks set up, solar hooked up, wells dug, ect...

I'll be teaching and making good money by then and Jeff is making great money at his construction job currently. We hope to save enough to pay off as much as we can on our new house.

I'm excited. emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:00 am
Look into steel buildings. You'd have to build everything just like a house but the material makes it more affordable and it would probably last much longer than a trailer.

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:07 pm
A-B0T
Look into steel buildings. You'd have to build everything just like a house but the material makes it more affordable and it would probably last much longer than a trailer.
ABOT gonk heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:03 pm
ScarredRavens
A-B0T
ABOT gonk heart
Wut

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm
A-B0T
ScarredRavens
A-B0T
ABOT gonk heart
Wut
I haven't seen you in like a year!!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:07 pm
ScarredRavens
A-B0T
ScarredRavens
A-B0T
ABOT gonk heart
Wut
I haven't seen you in like a year!!
2 years.

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 pm
A-B0T

They also have actual homes instead of trailers that are manufactured. They don't have the rectangular body and stuff like a trailer, they look like actual homes. Some are even two story.
I like metal buildings durability wise but I don't really like the aesthetics, I want something that looks like a home and not a garage or shop.
I also hate the sound of rain hitting a metal roof, it's very loud and will keep me up at night.
Jeff's mother has a metal house and when it rains it's just obnoxious. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 am
I call them all trailers. If you can pull it behind a truck it's a trailer. I bet there's ways to make a metal building more aesthetically pleasing. Or you could always go for a sci-fi futuristic look. How expensive can light up electric​ sliding doors be?

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:26 pm
A-B0T
I call them all trailers. If you can pull it behind a truck it's a trailer. I bet there's ways to make a metal building more aesthetically pleasing. Or you could always go for a sci-fi futuristic look. How expensive can light up electric​ sliding doors be?

SciFi. emotion_puke

If we do metal we will be putting either rock or brick around the outside to make it look like a house, I just hate the plain metal even if it's painted look.

After digging around I found that they also do log homes like this, some can have up to five bedrooms. We only want three or four bedrooms at the most but still the log ones look very cozy they are also very durable. Some look beautiful, especially the ones with the lofts and wrap around porches.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 pm
Dogoda
A-B0T

SciFi. emotion_puke

If we do metal we will be putting either rock or brick around the outside to make it look like a house, I just hate the plain metal even if it's painted look.

After digging around I found that they also do log homes like this, some can have up to five bedrooms. We only want three or four bedrooms at the most but still the log ones look very cozy they are also very durable. Some look beautiful, especially the ones with the lofts and wrap around porches.
Get a log home. Those are better.

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 pm
A-B0T
Dogoda
A-B0T

SciFi. emotion_puke

Get a log home. Those are better.

I think it's what we are going with, they are very energy efficient too.
I can't get over how pretty they look.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:44 pm
Have you thought about Mineral Wells or Milsap? Mineral Wells has that drug problem, but the area itself is gorgeous, and it has a lot of history. Plus all the development that Weatherford is getting probably won't spread out that way for another 10-20 years, so you could get a decent plot of land for cheap.  

Exore The Mighty

Spam Central

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff