azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:21 pm
Jeremiah, as a rule, takes Preacher out for lunch once a week. It's only once a week because any more than that and she's likely to get this look on her face (the kind that says he's pushing it and, really, he doesn't want her to feel like she has to get him back for the meal or the like). The other part is that it is, of course, meals Jeremiah makes himself.

This time it is them in a nice shady spot in the nearby park, no one else too close by, and Jeremiah passes her what absolutely is a bento box. "Got into making these lately," he said with a chuckle, "if only because neatly packing things all in here to fit is a trial in itself."

The Semblance of Unity
figure they can at least talk about sonny and other stuff ~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:44 am
"Did ya make hotdog octos?" She kind of hoped not; Preacher wasn't sure she could eat cute food with the way her head was pounding. "Thanks - dunno about tha whole squishing things in. Is it really that fun?" She carefully lifted the lid as though she expected something to jump out at her.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm
It turned out to be carefully made sandwiches and other tasty things. There were no hotdog octos. Jeremiah just snorted. "I am only making those if I want to mess with someone. Making food look like a cute smiling thing seems to just invite people into having issues with eating."

A bottle of water was offered to Preacher.

"I can't say it's fun but it's relaxing in it's own way. That is me, however, as I find food preparation, cooking, and how it's showcased to be stress relief."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:15 pm
"So no riceballs wit smilin' eyes n' s**t, either." She snorted. Cute food was cute, she guessed, but not something she was into. Preacher like a neat presentation and like.... classy-looking food, even if she couldn't cook well. She took the bottle and twisted the cap off.

"Cookin's jus' stressful for me." This was accompanied by a one-shouldered shrug. "Oh yeah, I need ta ask, how do we go 'bout exhumin' a body?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:44 am
An eyebrow rose at that question. "Am I to assume you know the location of Sunny's body?" Jeremiah opened his own bottle of water and took a drink before he continued.

"We'd need an order to do so. Depending on how the body was buried, where it was buried, will determine who we need the order from. In most cases? The medical examiner or someone associated with the Board of Health that has the authority to give someone a permit."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:38 pm
"Yap," she said. She poked at the food before taking a bite and damn, it was good. It was always good. "Sonny said Sunny - that sounds ********' weird - but anyways, Sunny's is burried in tha Shore plot up in the municip graveyard up on Knowlton - ya know tha one, right?"

"This is ********' good." She hummed for a moment. "So she ain't buried under tha name Sunny, but Sunday Primm, i.d.k. why, though. N' if we get tha body, then we gotta get dirt, ring, siren, grimoire - which ain't that whatall one o' them crunchy granola bitches has?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 pm
Jeremiah snorted agreement about it being weird - especially Sonny versus Sunny name usage - but flicked his hand so a notebook appeared on his knee. He flicked open the pages with a hand, pulling a pen out to write down the note about where her body was put to rest.

Preacher got a small smile at the comment that it was good. Then he was making a noise in the back of his throat, trying to not laugh and it turned into a slight cough. "Eve, you mean Eve, and ... I don't know if that would work. If it is not that exact grimoire, it may not even work. As for the dirt, on the topic of Sunday, I think we should visit her and see if we can, perhaps, make a trip somewhere."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm
She merely smiled. Preacher knew Eve's name, but the fact that Mercer got it anyway just meant she never had to use it. "Thought it was that'un, though. Ain't tha Renard here have 'is one here?" She bounced her leg.

"I think Sunday sounds like a good idea. I'm due a visit her since things have changed n' s**t. She likes cat, so I been bringin' Mink over sometimes. Ain't often, sadly." Preacher sighed. "D'you think ya can lift that ban thing on Sonny, by tha way?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:12 pm
"When I spoke with Renard, he said that unless it was that grimoire - the one they used - then we may be, as they s**t out of luck. He also left Eve with the impression that, of course, there may be another Renard in existence. Except that neither Renard or Liam are the ones from our world any longer." Which probably was why Renard had left Eve with the impression that there was another one of him around.

"So take that as you will. It may be that grimoire, it may not be. I often wonder if I should do something to try and ... access the information in my mind." That which he had been whammied with to see if there were bits that could be solidified in any manner. "When we go visit her," Sunday, "I'll bring Hellbine with. Can't hurt to bring another if she likes them and the brat is a small thing."

Jeremiah was blinking then, at the mention of Sonny. "I offered once, to try and change things. They seemed to think it was better the way it was. It's the only reason why I haven't made motions to see what I can do about it. Did they say something?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm
"D'you think one o' them granolas knows whether it's tha one we need or nah?" She chewed her lip thoughtfully, then chewed some food instead.

"Hellbine is cute n fluff," she pointed out. "N' I think Sonny's got a fair bit o' tha whole 'it's what everyone else wants, so it's for tha best' about this restriction thinger. They said they can go wit us to exhume n' that they'd be able ta help us somehow."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:56 pm
"Perhaps? But ... Eve is working from it, so if it is the one we need? She may not be willing to give it up. At least, not until she's able to learn what she can." Jeremiah scratched a finger at his jaw. While he was not clean-shaven he was still working back towards that carefully maintained scruff he always had. "Chronomancy; I'm sure you saw that listserv post she made. Though it doesn't have any affect on me whatsoever."

He snorted about the cute comment about Hellbine. "He will also probably grow her flowers, so there's that." Since the small white othercat liked doing so if it would charm someone new. Jeremiah took a bite of his own sandwich, nodding. He did not speak until he had taken another drink of water.

"I had a feeling it was something like that but I did not exactly want to go against their wishes. Sunny and I had a complicated relationship," if one counted the fact she had been quite forcibly intimate with his heart, "and I don't want to repeat that with them." His fingers tapped out a short beat against the nearby armrest.

"However, if they asked you, then it must be what they want. I can see about lifting the restriction though I've no idea what all it entails other than it limits their movement and results in them being picked up if seen out of the house." Jeremiah's shoulders rolled. "I'd like to talk to either Renard or Liam to learn the ... details of the agreement since I believe it's a verbal one." He tilted his head, glancing at Preacher. "Like you said, they're of the 'it's what everyone else wants' mind. I offered to change things but they didn't seem like it was a good idea. I suppose it's time to just do it."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:48 am
"Well, at this point, what's ********' more goddamn important, her learnin' a bit of fancy bullshit or, y'know, stopping us all gettin' caught in a loop again?" Preacher rolled her eyes so hard she swore they almost popped out.

"Yeah, I think sonny'd think a sight beeter o' tha PD if we did this for 'em. Whatall do ya gotta do? Sign some papers; butter tha mayor; shred s**t?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:16 pm
Jeremiah's head tilted, studying Preacher a moment. It was a telling pause. Mostly because Preacher would know his feelings on the matter: that they needd to be willing to do things to make sure the cycles ended.

"I don't think the mayor is involved," admitted Jeremiah finally. "I think it's an agreement between their parents and my previous self." A pause. "A verbal one at that because I've not found any mention of it anywhere in notes. So after confirming things with either Renard or Liam, I can handle it with the department. Either do away with it entirely or ... adjust it so that Sonny is not, essentially, under house arrest."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:48 am
Preacher resisted the urge to snort. She knew exactly what that pause meant.

"Well, if ya bring it up ta her dad n' papa, what's tha chance they gon' say no? Or d'you even need ta bother with it?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:11 pm
"Likely? As long as I am looking out for Sonny's best interests, nothing at all. It's only if I mean ill or the like to Sonny that things become problematic." His fingers stretched in and out a moment.

"As for why? I don't know if there are specifics. I can still lift the restrictions but I would rather know why the me I replaced continued with it in place."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces