Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:31 pm
The main nest of the Multitude was easier for Leila to find than ever. It was part memory and part instinct, with Biscuit diligently following along. The darkness ilicited a change in both their moods, though -- the lack of sunlight made things look more dull, having lost a range of colors.

Hello? she probed. I'm here for Queen.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:13 am
What you want from Queen, came the answer from the shadows. Evidently they hadn't quite forgiven Leila's long absence from the nest, even if they weren't actively swarming at the moment.

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 pm
I wanted to see if the recent changes in the magic have affected you, she answered, passing along images of the ritual for the new Charter. And I think I should learn more about you. I also need help understanding some of the things I've seen.

Then, she dug into a pocket and pulled out a small bundle of cinnamon sticks, which she placed on the ground. Also, I brought these. Friend had seemed to like them. They were a form of deadwood. But sweeter and spicier.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:07 am
Queen is busy.

They cautiously covered the cinnamon sticks.

We help. What concern?

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:18 am
Leila offered up a memory of her brief question to Silk at the warg's library earlier, where the ever-busy fetch had explained that the changes in the otherworld would also affect its denizens. First, I wanted to make sure this hadn't resulted in any serious problems for you, she explained. Do you need anything to help adjust?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:14 am
There was a feeling like laughter.

Has been seasons. We adapt already. Too late, speaker.

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:32 am
"Speaker" ?

That was a new one.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:46 am
You think we choose you just to be friend?

When so many would be afraid to see the Many?

Needed One. You. Speaker.

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 am
The Multitude had been pretty mysterious about what, exactly, they wanted from Leila -- either that or something was lost in translation when the topic came up. Last time she was "Treasure"... now she was Speaker. Even though she had other things to ask, it was important to figure out what they mean first.

Speaker as in, I speak for you?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:49 am
Yes. Serve good of Many. Already help in save the Princess. Bring her home.

There was a low hum of agreeing clicks.

Speak for Many, tell new Court of us. In exchange, friends.

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:00 pm
Leila nodded slowly through the explanation. It made enough sense, and it was within her abilities. The mention of Princess, though, brought her to the other reason she was here.

I can do that. I remember the Princess... there was something about that day I was going to ask.

She offered a memory of the landscape changing as she'd walked as instructed, with emphasis on the sky ahead, impossibly dense with stars arranged in unfamiliar constellations.

Before we established the new Court we had to stop... an usurper. I was scrying to figure out his location and his plans, and I saw...

Then she presented the image of the Burning Man, with his daughters, under another unusual and vast arrangement of stars.

Are these the same? Or related in some way?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 pm
A thoughtful susurration of clicks.

Is a memory.

(Helpful!)

Memory of old time. Beginning seasons. Before first Charter. When stars clean, new. Travel around the dirt.

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:41 pm
Leila blinked. That fit part of Friend's short answer about it: long ago and far away.

Before the first Charter, but after the first sigil? she guessed. What do you mean by 'travel around the dirt?'

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:03 pm
Memory of old time,

the voices of the eye-bugs repeated.

Big orbs travel. Bring light, darkness, light. Around the dirt.

There was the sense that they thought they were bieng perfectly clear.

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm
And, of course, Leila was still confused. The big orbs could have been stars, or something else, she hadn't a clue. She sat down cross-legged on the ground and thought.

Can I see more of this memory? she asked. Maybe pictures would be easier to sift through than words.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces