Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Homeward Bound Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:51 pm
"Ahh, that makes sense; he is not fond of cars," Zevran chuckled and nodded as he fastened his seatbelt. "He will probably beat us there! Perhaps he will put some coffee on?"

As Abel reached towards him Zevran turned his hand over and flexed his fingers out in greeting. "I think I would rather sit," he replied, squeezing Abel's hand gently as he spoke. "I should like to see the sites, see if there is anything I recognise! If not then I shall enjoy seeing new sights." From what he knew of the geography they wouldn't be passing any of the places he had visited but he could be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:37 pm
"I'll be surprised if he doesn't! And he might, he knows he's more than welcome to," Joanna said with a bright smile that seemed to grow just a shade brighter at the pair in the back seat. "We have plenty to eat and drink at the house though, don't you worry dear. I can make some coffee for you when we get there, if you'd like."

A happy smile lit up Abel's face as Zevran took his hand, and the taller blond squeezed it in return. "That sounds like a good idea, sights are always nice," he said as he unbuckled his seatbelt with his free hand, then slid over to sit in the middle seat. Relinquishing his hold on Zevran's hand for a moment, he buckled himself back in before slipping his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders while his other hand sought Zev's hand once again. Sitting in the middle was just fine when there weren't too many people crammed into the back seat; it was even better when he could sit nice and close to his love. "You already know how I feel about views and sights though."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm
How long had Taavi and Abel visited for, a week? And Taavi already felt comfortable making coffee for himself? What sort of place was this? Of course Zevran was quite happy to wander into anyone's house and help himself to things but he knew Taavi wasn't quite so bold and so while it was a small detail he found it quite striking.

"It sounds as though he feels right at home," Zevran mused aloud. "Oh, and thank you," he added after a moment with another smile to Joanna, though with her eyes on the road she might not spot it. "Coffee on arrival would be perfect, whether made by your fair hand or Taavi's." Yes, this was fine so far, nice even! Confusing, but nice.

As Abel shifted over to sit beside him Zevran turned to look up into his beautiful bright eyes and smirked. "Oh? Do I? Suddenly I am forgetful, you will have to remind me."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:39 pm
"Then coffee you shall have!" The blonde woman replied quite happily, indeed keeping her eyes on the road... though she did occasionally sneak a glance or two at the pair behind her.

Abel, meanwhile, couldn't keep his eyes off his boyfriend. "Oh, really? Well in that case, you're the most handsome view I've ever seen... and that's all I'll go into with my mom in the car."

"Don't mind me," she quipped happily, thoroughly enjoying the moment.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:44 pm
"Oh, I don't mind you at all!" Zevran replied blithely, though there was a touch of humour in his voice that hinted he knew there was something unusual about having such discussions around Joanna.

Still looking at Abel Zevran continued; "But if you say it, it shall be so. I live to please you... Though I am a very handsome view, it is true. I could say the same of you! Should I?" Gentle teasing and banter was definitely the way to go, it took his mind off the more confusing and uncomfortably unfamiliar aspects of his current situation. How could Joanna just be so... nice?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:06 pm
Joanna aimed a bright smile Zevran's way.

"Of course it is! You know I'd never lie to you," Abel replied readily, his smile persisting even as he leaned in to press a soft kiss atop his head, "and you can say it if you want to, I do enjoy hearing it."

An hour or two later, after quite a few winding turns and stretches of fields or trees Joanna turned down a lengthy road, on one side of which a white fence came into view. A plethora of pokemon hastened over to greet the car from the other side, and followed along as it drove past, then turned down the path in the center. "Here we are!" Joanna said brightly, the ranch visible ahead of them through the windshield. Abel scooted back over to roll down his window and release Caleb and Tabitha out into the field as they drove slowly along. His mother continued, "Hopefully the ride wasn't too bad! Once we get inside I can start your coffee if no one else has already, and Abel can take your things upstairs. There's two guest bedrooms upstairs, one for the two of you and one for Taavi. He may have already claimed one of them already, you'll have to ask him when we get inside."

"Or out near the barn," Abel said with a chuckle. "Dad might've already kidnapped him to help out."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:20 pm
He had dozed a little as they travelled, his head leaned comfortably by turns against Abel's shoulder and against the side of the car. As they slowed and Joanna spoke Zevran yawned and blinked back to alertness.

There was grass, fences, pokemon following the car. He yawned again and rubbed his eyes as he tried to take in all of the ruralness, the place Abel had grown up. It looked so idyllic and wholesome but that didn't mean it was hard for him to imagine terrible things happening near here, appearances could be very deceptive.

"Thank you the trip was fine, and as for Taavi I would wager firstly that he has not chosen, and secondly that he is already out near the barn," Zevran said confidently. "He would not wish to deprive Abel of the choice, and he is ever eager to be useful and also to be around pokemon! Will anyone bet against me?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 pm
The vehicle reached the end of the driveway as Zev spoke, and Joanna parked it in front of the garage with a smile.

"I will absolutely not bet against you on that," Abel said with a bright chuckle as he unbuckled himself and slipped out of the car. It took him a moment to pull Zev's crutch out from the back, and one more moment to open his boyfriend's door for him with a flourish. Ahh, how he loved Zevran's seemingly endless confidence. "I would never in a million years, because I already know you're exactly right. I will bet, though, that he didn't even go inside before heading out to the barn."

Joanna couldn't help but chuckle herself as she got out, letting Sonia dart over the seats and hop out on her side. The dark-type did so gladly before giving herself a good shake. "I expect you're both right! In which case I'll need to put some coffee on as soon as we get inside. Do you boys need any help with your bags?" She asked politely, even as she stood there waiting expectantly, ready and willing to take at least one.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:24 am
"I wouldn't bet against that either," Zevran grinned; as he climbed out of the car the expression tensed a little just around the corners of his eyes.

"And thank you Joanna I am sure we can manage the bags." Abel and Sonia could manage the bags. "But if you would start some coffee I would be most grateful, it is terrible to start the day with only mediocre coffee and I am keen to make up for it!" Hot chocolate would have been just as acceptable but people around here seemed to drink it more often in the evening and it was like water anyway, not worth the effort of drinking!

As he waited for - he hoped - Joanna to go inside and leave him alone with Abel for a few moments Zevran continued to inspect the house, other buildings, and- would you call them fields or pens? The places where the pokemon were. "It is peaceful here." A good place to come for a rest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:50 pm
As Zev slipped out of the car Abel stayed nearby, ready to offer an arm for support if he needed but he seemed to be doing just fine, so he offered his crutch instead. Did they need his mother's help? As Zev said, no, they'd probably be fine without it. Would his mother accept such an answer? No, prob--

"Nonsense!" She replied brightly, bustling past them to open the trunk of her car.

"Ah," was all Abel could manage before she'd opened it, so once assured Zev was okay and had his crutch the taller blond left him to step around the back to take over for his mom.

Unfortunately for him she simply swatted his arm playfully and grabbed the first bag she saw before he could find the lightest bag for her to take. "Oh stop, I'm not so old I can't handle one single bag! Now come on, don't keep your boyfriend waiting!" Joanna said with a bright smile as she headed back around the car, though she paused to give Zevran's shoulder a gentle pat. "I'll get your coffee started dear, but take your time okay? I want you to relax and enjoy yourself while you're here!"

And with that and a warm smile she turned and bustled off up to the house, leaving Sonia with the two blonds. Abel huffed and smiled wryly as he pulled the rest of the bags out and passed one to his Zoroark to take. "So... welcome to my parents' house," he said with that same wry smile as he shut the trunk again, then slung the other two bags over his shoulders before walking the few steps closer to his boyfriend. "What d'you think so far?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 pm
It was... nice that everyone was so accommodating. He supposed. He ought to think it was nice. It was starting to make his skin prickle a little, did they think he was made of glass? He would feel more justified about his annoyance if things such as getting out of cars and walking short distances weren't painful and exhausting... And it was nice, it meant they cared.

As the confused mixed feelings buzzed away in the back of his mind Zevran smiled at Abel and reached out for his hand to give it a squeeze. "So far? Peaceful, and very large. I can't imagine growing up with so much space around, we were always packed in like crates!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:51 pm
Abel aimed a smile at his love, warm and happy, as he felt Zevran's hand slip into his. He returned the squeeze with his own. "Yeah, it can be pretty peaceful at times. Not always of course, given all the kids and pokemon that are almost always around, but," he shrugged. Indeed pokemon still lined the fences eagerly, a few groups of mareep bleating away at them happily while a plethora of other pokemon stood nearby or could be seen off in the distance, growlithe and ponyta and a myriad of others.

He tried not to think of the conditions Zev grew up in, though it was difficult not to. All the same he leaned in to press a kiss to his forehead. "Ready to go inside, or did you want to take a look around first? Coffee'll probably be a few minutes yet."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:57 pm
Zevran chuckled and gave Abel's fingers another squeeze as his tall boyfriend leaned in to kiss his brow. "Relatively peaceful then? Ah, and I think I would like to go inside. I would like to look around, but perhaps later? Or tomorrow." Today he was tired, and he allowed some of that to show in his expression as he added; "I would like to sit down. Repetitive I know but for now I am a hound with only one trick... I don't think that quite translates but you have a similar idiom?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:09 am
"Relatively peaceful's a good way to describe it, and going inside sounds perfect. I'd like to put our things down before I go anywhere, but honestly sitting for a while first sounds like a good idea. I can take you around the house later on, and maybe this evening or tomorrow I can show you the whole ranch? We'll be here for two weeks, so there's plenty of time; no need to rush," he reminded him with that same soft, warm smile, his fingers flexing a bit before shifting to intertwine with Zevran's.

After a moment he began to walk slowly towards the house, staying near his boyfriend in case his assistance was necessary. "And I think we do; one-trick ponyta or something like that, I don't know. And don't you feel bad for sitting around a lot, you're here to relax. You can't relax if you're trying to do too much, yeah? Sitting around is kind of a requirement there, and there's plenty of nice places to do that here. Dad brings out the porch swing in spring that's around on the back porch, and there's deck chairs with cushions, or anywhere on the grass if you feel like it -- and that's not even mentioning all the chairs and couches and beds inside."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:16 am
Yes they were here to relax, but; "I am getting quite tired of relaxing, and of being tired," Zevran said with a hint of grumble, but after a moment he smiled again and added; "But it cannot be helped and it's not so bad in good company. I'm glad you were able to take the time off work. I quite like the idea of a porch swing, it sounds like something..." Zevran's smile faded; like something they'd had on the balcony of their little apartment, the three of them. s**t. "It sounds nice," he amended hurriedly, avoiding Abel's gaze as they headed for the house.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff