Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Homeward Bound Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:20 pm
Ahhh, he understood that feeling all too well. He aimed a sympathetic smile at his boyfriend as he gave his hand a squeeze. Mmh, what was the pause for? And he seemed suddenly much more interested in looking at the ground... Given the fact the ground beneath their feet was smooth enough to avoid tripping over, he had a sneaking suspicion it wasn't to watch where he stepped. "I know that feeling perfectly well, sweetheart, you know I do. I know it sucks and is boring as all hell. And," he added as his smile slipped into a smirk and he lifted Zevran's hand to his lips to press a kiss to the back of it, "if you like I can offer you a distraction later, if you're feeling up for it."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm
"Oh? I like the sound of that! I knew there was at least one reason I love you," Zevran replied, taking shelter in teasing while he tried to let unpleasant thoughts seep back out of his mind. "And I know you know, and I appreciate the understanding.... When do you think I should give your mother her gift?" Best ask that before they got in, he didn't want her to overhear and ruin the surprise.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:02 pm
"Heh, as long as it's not only one reason," Abel said with a chuckle as he pressed another soft kiss to the back of his boyfriend's hand before lowering it again as they reached the few steps up to the house. Hopefully Zev wouldn't have much trouble with them, but given their small number he didn't suspect he would. "Mmh, you could do it in a bit, or this evening sometime? Evening might be better."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:16 pm
"Indeed not, there are at least three others," Zevran countered reflexively as he focused on climbing the stairs; they were quite shallow and there were only a few so they were hardly a problem but he would prefer to be over-cautious than to end up flat on his face. Not his usual method of operating but he wasn't usually suffering from bullet wounds to the chest either.

"Later then," he agreed with a small soft smile to Abel once he was on level ground again. "As you know I am not the most experienced with this sort of thing, I will follow your lead."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:49 pm
"Oh that's good, coincidentally my minimum is four reasons so that works out perfectly!" The taller blond quipped without missing a beat, going slowly and carefully alongside his love as they ascended the stairs. Letting him trip or fall wouldn't do.

And then they were at the top of the handful of stairs, and Abel offered his boyfriend a warm smile. "It can be hard to know good timing for things honestly, don't worry about it. Let's just get you inside, yeah?" As he spoke he reached forward to open the door, allowing Zev to step in first.

The foyer that greeted them was cheery and welcoming both in color and design, just as he remembered it from last time, though obviously no decorated tree in the corner of the living room off to the left. To the right lay the dining room, a pale blue cloth stretched over the table with a bowl of various fruits and berries sitting upon the center. The foyer itself was split into two halves; the left half contained the stairs leading up to the second floor, while the right was a simple hallway that led to the kitchen beyond. "All the bedrooms are upstairs," Abel said as he stepped in behind Zev, shut the door and toed his shoes off in the corner. "We can go upstairs and sit for a while if you want, or we can go in the kitchen with Mom. Whichever you prefer. You'll have coffee either way, don't worry," he added with a brief chuckle, then paused to pull out a couple pokeballs to release Isaac and Rebecca into the foyer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:58 pm
He had never been anywhere quite like this before. He had been into family homes many times but they had either been cramped apartments in the poorer districts visited to collect on or to repay favours that had little or nothing to do with work, or they had been the homes of the wealthy. Usually he didn't get to linger in those being as he was there to remove the burden of breathing from one of their occupants. Here though....

Zevran made a vague noise to acknowledge that he'd heard Abel as he drank the place in, he had thought that Abel's apartment felt like a home but this.... He kept running out of thoughts as his mind caught and focused on a newly noticed detail like the many shoes in the corner, the inviting bowl of fruit, the décor and trinkets here and there that must mean something special to their owners.

"Kitchen?" Zevran decided aloud eventually. "I would rather loosen up from the car ride a little more before attempting the stairs... And I would like to speak with Joanna as well; not about anything in particular, just get to know her a little more? These things are not so easy by email." He wanted to get used to her, which he thought might take a while, and a little more cynically he wanted to ingratiate himself with her further before Abel's father appeared. He was not looking forward to that encounter in the least.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:53 pm
Abel smiled and waited patiently while Zev looked around, clearly taking in every detail. Fortunately for him there was plenty more to look at throughout the rest of the house, and doubly so outside of it. Later though. "Kitchen sounds good. It's just right down the hall there," he said, nodding towards the hallway through which a counter and some cabinets could be seen. "You can go on in while I bring all our stuff upstairs, yeah? That okay?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 pm
"Yes, thank you." Zevran smirked and leaned up to kiss Abel's cheek. "I trust you to pick the best bedroom, something with an interesting view? Surprise me!" From what he had seen so far he was sure that any room here would be comfortable and security was probably not a concern. That didn't mean he wouldn't check where all of his exits were of course, it was a habit worth maintaining even if he didn't think there was a need. You never knew.

After their parting gesture Zevran headed down the hall and entered the kitchen with a cheerful; "Hello!" as he looked around with intent curiosity; he knew Joanna liked to cook so he was expecting something good.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:28 pm
"Anything for you," the taller blond replied with a bright grin and a return kiss before heading upstairs.

Zevran would find the kitchen just as welcoming and cheery as the rest of the house, though with considerably more touches that could've only come from Joanna. Warm, bright colors abound on the walls and curtains, decorative canisters, the woman had clearly gone to great lengths to make at least one part of the home hers. It was a decent size too, and she bustled about inside it, a pot of coffee steeping on the counter while she busied herself with a sandwich press near the stove. She half-turned to beam brightly at him as he entered. "Hello dear! Coffee's almost ready, I just thought I'd make some paninis for lunch. All the meats and cheeses are in the fridge if you'd like to set out what you want and I'll make you one."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:36 pm
Heh, 'dear'. This was going to take some getting used to.

Zevran leaned his crutch against the wall and moved around to the unit Joanna had indicated. "Oh, lunch too? I could get used to this," he smiled as he opened it and peered curiously inside. "Well stocked! Should I be getting things for the others too? Ahh, that looks like rather good ham! From a butcher? Almost all food in Camphoreon seems to come in plastic, and from such sterile sprawling shops. A very poor arrangement if you ask me, and even if you do not!" As he spoke Zevran fetched out the mentioned ham and also a block of cheese, closely followed by a pot of mustard he had spotted. Ham and cheese weren't the same without a bit of mustard to enliven them.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 am
"Of course lunch too! Did you think I'd let you boys fend for yourselves -- on your first day here, even?" The woman scoffed as she finished with the press and aimed a bright, amused smile over at him as he selected the various ingredients and pulled them out. "Ah yes, thank you; you're such a dear. There's sliced meats and cheeses like that too around here, though we like to get ours fresh from the butcher, yes. They're so much better, and healthier too." As she spoke she pulled out a few plates and a loaf of bread wrapped in plastic; part of it had already been cut, but it had the look of fresh bread from a bakery instead of rectangular loaves sold in similarly sterile sprawling shops.

With the plates out she pulled the bread out of its plastic and fetched a serrated knife from a nearby drawer, and gestured across the counter to a small round table on the other side; it had a white cloth covering it with a colorful flower petal design, and on its center rested a bowl of fruit and berries not unlike the one in the more formal dining room. "You can sit down at the table if you'd like while I make lunch? I'll make sandwiches for us three, Daniel and the boys will be in at some point," she gestured vaguely with the first slice of bread she cut from the loaf before setting it on a nearby plate and beginning to slice more as she continued, "so I'll make theirs in a bit. Usually when we're expecting company we'll all sit down to lunch together, but there's been too much to do around here the past few days unfortunately. One of the barn door's broken off its hinges just the other day and they're big, heavy things; I can't help with them and so Daniel hasn't been able to fix it with just Aaron's help, I suspect he kidnapped Taavi to help. That and there's the fenceposts in the back that've needed replacing and he'll want to paint them too, I'm sure," she finished with a shake of her blonde head but the smile on her face held fondness in it too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:42 am
"I hadn't thought about it at all one way or the other," Zevran admitted with a slight shrug, moving to sit down where Joanna had indicated. "I am used to doing most of the cooking by my own insistence; Abel and Taavi are always willing to lend a hand, and to clean up afterwards." He hadn't really cooked at all since leaving the hospital but he didn't feel the need to go into that, in fact he felt a fairly strong need not to go into that.

"And a broken door you say? Taavi will be thrilled, unironically. Sometimes I think he will start to take a saw and a hammer to things just for the sake of it." Zevran smirked a little and shook his head. "He has a need to always be useful, not an affliction I can say I share. Though perhaps my use is to be pretty to look at, and unreasonably charming? Those are both things the world needs, once it has its doors fixed and the draft is no longer blowing in."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:47 am
Joanna made a pleased noise in the back of her throat as she finished with the bread for now and set it aside, moving to pull the ham over before she fetched another knife from a drawer to cut it with. Quiet, rhythmic creaking and soft footsteps emanating from the stairwell hinted at Abel's imminent return. "That's another reason I'm so glad you're there with them; at least someone can be there to make sure they're both eating properly when I can't! And I know," she said with a flash of a grin as she worked on slicing the ham, "he was such a wonderful help last time, Daniel's been eager for him to come visit again, he loves the help. Taavi is much more eager to help with chores than Aaron is, I've heard. But you," here she paused to point meaningfully at him with a slice of the ham, of all things, "are wonderfully charming, and while I'm sure Abel would completely agree that you're pretty to look at, you know there's much more to you than just that."

"He's the prettiest to look at, among other things," Abel said brightly, adding his two cents to the conversation he'd walked in on as he headed over to wrap his arms loosely around his boyfriend's shoulders and planted a kiss on his temple. "What are we talking about, paying you compliments? I'm good at that game. What're you making?" He asked his mother, glancing her way as he posed the question.

"Paninis! And before you ask no I don't need any help, go on and sit down there," she said, cutting him off before he could even think to ask with a wave of another slice of ham.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:50 am
Zevran grinned and tilted his head backward to kiss Abel's jaw briefly. "Well we are now, you may proceed!"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:52 am
The taller blond chuckled as he hugged Zevran's shoulders a bit more and kissed his cheek. "You're absolutely adorable, you know that?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff