Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Classrooms
Classrooms ➣Diviner Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raiyun rolled 1 100-sided dice: 92 Total: 92 (1-100)

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:15 pm
User Image
Kayl Ardrus De'Valaer

Probability || Likely - 70% chance - must roll 1-70 to succeed

╔═══════════════════

As the lesson seemed to be starting, Kayl's wandering thoughts subsided obediently as he sat forward, and readied himself to take in everything he was about to learn. When Gannon started to speak up, and introduce the new prospective teacher, Kayl was a little intrigued since he took was new to Eoana. Looking over the new teacher, Kayl noted that she was wearing some odd clothing that he wasn't used to. It wasn't particularly bad or weird, simply out of place from what he was used to. He wondered if he would be meeting several others from around the world as a whole, and what kinds of different attires, cultures, and mannerisms they would bring.

When the new teacher, 'Elohari Mehra was it?', started to speak, Kayl was initially thrown of a bit by her dialect. It was particularly odd the way she spoke, however not necessarily displeasing. In a curious way, Kayl was interested in learning more. When she started to speak of learning from them as much as they could learn from her, Kayl felt a small nervous feeling brew for a moment. It wasn't that he was against the idea of having a modest and humble teacher. In fact he was impressed that she could be so earnest, and welcomed the change of pace from the normally arrogant people he was used to encountering. It was that he wondered if someone who so readily admitted that she still had a lot to learn, had enough knowledge and expertise, to help him with his raiment. Kayl's father, who for all intensive observations was a brilliant man, was fairly stumped over the years, and although they had a good running theory as to what Kayl's raiment was, they were never really able to master how it worked.

Continuing to listen to them as they spoke, Kayl perked up a bit at her open invitation to inquire about her. He was about to speak up when he noticed out of the corner of his eye that someone had raised their hand to ask a question. Looking back at the shy girl. Not wanting to be rude, Kayl smiled lightly and sat back against his chair, waiting for her to be called upon so that she wouldn't be passed over.

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Student

User Image

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

TrashPuppy

Queen Hera Kami

Suzuuuu

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

⚪╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾⚫

Elohari understood the possible fear, shyness, of being placed on the spot. She was currently opening herself to the class, entertaining the idea that she, herself, was willing for those to pick and pry into her soul. She opened herself to the students in hopes eager eyes and hearts would invite themselves into her own arms. But when the room went silent on the matter of who Wlohari was, the class went silent. Her hazel eyes were wide and curious to the emptiness that was the air. Not one question pertaining herself? Elohari wasn't a conceded breed, in fact, the opposite. But she was of a special class, often misunderstood. She had hoped others would question her soul, sanity, and everything in-between to simply understand their possible new professor. It was a slight let down.

All eyes snapped at Elohari the moment she had spoken, she could see their questions bubbling inside, however, did not pry outwards. She blinked slowly,
hands coming together to clasp at the fingertips, rubbing together lightly as she hoped someone would speak up before moving on. It had dawned on her that two.... possibly, but she was quite sure, students were blind. They hadn't the eyes to judge Elohari's appearance, which many did. Those souls were often the sweetest yet wise. Her region had few blind, then again most are few in numbers. None really needed assistance, it was quite opposite in fact. She had seen the seeing need more assistance than those of the blind.
It seemed being born without sight had really opened up their eyesight while others took for granted their own. She hummed lightly, just how would those two react to such a lady such as Elohari? Time would tell.

A small voice had spoken, prying itself from a youthful throat. It wasn't expected, the question I mean. Elohari's head would perk up and seek out Tay, a shy darling of a young woman. Elohari smiled softly at the timid Tay "And the timidest becomes the brave." Elohari spoke with encouragement, her head moved to look at all of the class. "You all surprise me. None wish to know who their Professor is. You all know nothing of me, yet are expected to listen and follow instructions from I." She began, eyes moving through the class "Given the opportunity to dive into just who I might be, all are afraid." she spoke in a warm tone, words dragging. "Well," her hands would spread outwards from her hips and gesture toward everyone else.

"I am sure you all have introduced yourselves to Professor Noble, but seeing as it is my first day.." Her eyes gleamed.

"I am curious about all of you. I fear not who you may be. However, I will soon know all of you. Regarding the braves question, I shall answer it. Today I am curious to know what is your definition of a Diviner." Elohari would speak out and upwards, broadcasting to the classroom. "A textbook answer will tell you we are miraculous begins," she'd pry a smile "which we are. We are supossibly favored by the Gods and are often known for our caring nature." Her hands rested back to her stomach as she took a small breath "But tell me this, just who are you? What is your definition as a Diviner? " Elohari glanced toward the newest man "Young man with prying eyes. Tell me now what you believe." a curious glance toward Kayl as she wished for his answer first.

xxx
⚪Emotion - Excitedxxx
⚫Who - Gannonxxx
⚪Outfit [xx]xxx
⚫OCC xxx

⚪╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾⚫

[Profile]
The_littlest_dragonfly

Raiyun

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

TrashPuppy

Queen Hera Kami

Sweet Wife

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:06 pm
User Image
Kayl Ardrus De'Valaer

Probability || None

╔═══════════════════

After Tay had asked her question, and Elohari started pacing forward while looking them over, Kayl waited eagerly for Elohari to answer Tay's question so that he could lift his hand up as Tay had done earlier. As this was Kayl's first day in the school, he had taken the girls actions as the normal procedure for the classroom should a student wish to address the teacher, and was about to follow suit. However instead of going into her answer first, Elohari instead made an observation of her students based on the fact that no one had spoken up. Kayl was a bit perturbed by this, for she drew a conclusion about them without knowing any of them, much the same way she was likely assuming that had made conclusions about her. Not wanting to be rude, Kayl continued to listen to her inference, until she finally came around to answering Tay's question. She wanted to know what the students perceptions of what a diviner was in their experience, in their opinions. Before Kayl could bring his hand up to show that he had questions of his own pertaining to the first subject she had brought up, he was called upon to answer her question now, and he sighed as he stood.

"Madam, I would be happy to answer your question, but before I do, I feel that I should express my disagreement with your earlier assessment." Kayl said as he kept direct eye contact with her and spoke. "I mean you no disrespect, so please forgive me if I sound crude, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your observation of the class as a whole that you had just implied," Kayl said as he tried to keep his words civil, as not to disrespect his teacher. "Lady Mehra, there are likely many things that we might be curious about with regards to you, since as you've said we know nothing about you, and you us. In my case that is doubly so, since I too am new to the Academy, and am lacking the general knowledge of classroom etiquette, never mind knowing anyone here," He said as he held out his hands to the rest of the classroom, which moved to correlate his words. "Perhaps some here haven't yet formulated the questions they wish to ask, or are unsure of where to begin. Perhaps some are shy and would feel more comfortable asking you these questions, some that they might amount to as personal questions, until they have had a better understanding of what they feel is appropriate to ask you," He said while giving some possible scenarios to which some students might align.

"In my case Mrs Mehra, I took note of another student who had raised her hand..." Kayl said while shifting his gaze to Tay for a brief moment, "and held my questions to allow her to ask hers first, and then wait for your answer before raising my hand to ask mine," He said firmly, trying to convey that they might not necessarily be afraid...

Taking a moment then, Kayl took a breath, and his eyes softened before he spoke again. Even with his rejection of her assessment, he did not wish to portray any disrespect for his teacher, for he was taught to respect the dignity of all people. "With your permission, I would like to ask of you the questions that you requested," Kayl said as he placed his hands down in front of him, as his posture changed to a position of inquery. "If not, I will answer your question instead as requested..."
                              ═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Student

User Image

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

TrashPuppy

Queen Hera Kami

Suzuuuu

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:02 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

nyawns

Mage

Queen Hera Kami

Sweet Wife

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:12 pm

⚪╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾⚫

Her eyes had glanced around the classroom before locking onto Kayl just moments before he spoke up. Elohari's hazel orbs seemed to twinkle, full of wonder and curiosity.... it was as if.... she knew it was coming. Elohari's soft smile spread further into her pearly whites showed to the classroom. It seemed she had hit the jackpot. Her hands spread wide, fabric falling down like wings before she clapped her hands together, creating a single 'thump' into the air. Her eyes began to squint due to her amazingly bright smile that flashed the classroom. She was triumphant!

Eyes full of delight and happiness, her clasped hands would move to her mouth. She would press her lips ever gently against her lips, the smile still present as her hand became heated with her small breaths. Elohari would listen intently in exactly what Kayl said. Every word was etched into her soul,
her spirit jumping for joy as he defended his classroom. She was curious if others had caught on to what had transpired here. Just what she had planted? Kayl had been the first to act upon her words, something she desired incredibly. Had others caught on? Elohari was extremely animated right now, eyes full and wide, smile bright and big, her body nearly vibrating with pure joyful energy. Elohari wasn't the type of teacher to bring others down, so when she spoke ill of everyone, she wondered if anyone would stand up and make a valid point. She was in complete agreeance to Kayl.

It was unjust and unfair to blatantly step on her student's shyness. They knew not a bit of who she was and how she would react to anything. And when she asked for questions about herself, it is understandable to simply remain silent. Unsure, afraid, nervous, shy, any emotion or reaction besides that of an actual question. They were correct reactions, though some toughed it out and questioned the teachers. So to bluntly accuse and practically diminish the kids for their lack of response, was uncalled for. Elohari was ever curious to see who would pick up on it and stand up for others.

"I am ever delighted by your response, Kayl, correct?" She had seen the previous chart of student names, though she had not mastered them yet. Her hand still remained to her mouth, muffling her words just a tad before she lowered them, a bright and glowing smile still present. "You have done exactly what I wanted from you," her marvelous hazel eyes motioned to the class as the same with her hands "all of you. To stand your ground against me." Elohari's voice was still slow and thoughtful, but it was full of pride, liveliness, and jubilant. "See I am but a humble soul, power does not hunger for me nor I to it. I am a human that is eager to learn and to teach. But many professors, teachers, masters... they only preach and refuse to learn themselves." her words lyrical "You all shall never fear. Stand up to me, correct me, show me the right path... For I will do the same for you." Elohari spoke louder, a warmth growing over her youthful voice, love.

Her smile grew, to the point her eyes squinted ever slightly. "Now sir, I would be delighted to answer your question." her hands falling back to a resting position, clasped as always. "But do answer mine as well." a small laugh. All the while another soul had entered the classroom, perhaps a little late. Though it is always better to show and give effort than not at all.

xxx
⚪Emotion - Excitedxxx
⚫Who - Gannon, her studentsxxx
⚪Outfit [xx]xxx
⚫OCC xxx

⚪╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾⚫

[Profile]
The_littlest_dragonfly

Raiyun

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

TrashPuppy

nyawns

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 pm
User Image

--------------------------------------------------------------SILME
              ------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The little ride down here had taken no time at all, though the question if they could even receive help if class was in session still remained unanswered. It would have to be a roll of the dice, as the humans seemed to say in those buildings where they bet money on strange numbered cards. The fae would still clutch onto Jesse's mane, hoping that the fennec fox wouldn't just allow her to fly off and get lost on her way to the classroom. Her speed demon of a mount seemed to have little care about corners when it came to having her constantly ride her. "Are we almost there?" Silme had shouted off in the distance several moments before they had arrived in front of the classroom.

Now standing before the hall, the fairy would dismount from atop the fox and fly back up to where she was at Jesse's height in her human form. Her eyes peered inside to see two professors...she thought. They did seem quite older than the several bodies inside who remained in their seats as the one woman lectured. A quick glimmer of light enveloped her body before she had vanished from sight. It would be too risky showing herself to all of these students. One of them could try and harm her, so it would be best if Jesse went in while she tagged along, unseen for now. "I shall remain hidden near you. If either of them permit, you can say you have a question that you would like to be answered in private, or out loud, I suppose..." It would be hard to say which would be better. These were children, after all. It's not like they could even harm her if they wanted to. Silme would sit on top of Jesse's head again, giving it a thankful pat before flying inside of the room and then clutching the side of the entrance. Having camouflaged herself from the eyes of the students, the fae would watch for her companion's form to enter the room.

Tala Maxwell

Queen Hera Kami

The_littlest_dragonfly

Raiyun

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

TrashPuppy

nyawns

Quote:

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Daddy Raz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:48 am
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 am
User Image
Kayl Ardrus De'Valaer

Probability || None

╔═══════════════════

Kayl's eyes narrowed a bit for a moment as Elohari started to speak, but as he started to realize what she was saying, a look of surprise overtook him. As his gaze shifted to one of contemplation, she continued to speak not only to him, but to the rest of the class about her intentions over her previous comments. Although her method was a bit different from what one would expect, Kayl actually understood her underlying intent. 'Well played...' Kayl thought to himself as be brought his hands back behind him, interlocking a couple of his fingers behind his back as he continued to listen to her words, and her request.

"Alright, I suppose I shall start," Kayl answered in agreement to Elohari's request. Almost like a tit for tat, he would answer her question, and ask his in return. Taking a moment to gather his thoughts, Kayl brought one of his hand up to his chin, stroking his finger and thumb across his face for just a moment. "To be perfectly honest, I haven't yet formed a complete opinion on what it means to be a Diviner," Kayl started to say as he brought his hand back down and behind his back, interlocking a couple fingers behind his back once more as he looked back up to his teacher. "As you said, the textbook definitions and information regarding Diviners is very vague, so I began to wonder just how accurate these claims could be. Could the explanation of my raiment being granted to me by the favor of the gods explain some of my raiment's attributes? Perhaps... however..."

Briefly, Kayl stopped for a moment, pulling his hands in front of him and leaning against the table while looking downwards in thought, as he tried to reorganize his words. "Well, I don't know about any of you..." Kayl said as he started to look over other students that were sitting in wait, listening to his answer. "but I have found that my raiment can challenge me just as much, if not more, than empower me. So much so, that sometimes I wonder if this raiment is meant to empower me, or test me," Kayl finished up while holding his hand in front of him, again correlating and emphasizing his words.

"So to me, it seems that being a Diviner means living a life of self-discovery, so that one can not only understand their raiment, but understand themselves and where they want or are meant to be in this world. Because whether they are favored by the gods or not, they have that influence in the world, and so must be vigilant lest they bring catastrophe to all around them..."

The room went quiet for a moment after his last words, Kayl hadn't meant to go as deep as he had with his words, or turn his answer into something philosophical. Looking around the room, and then looking to the teacher, Kayl brought his hand up behind his head, scratching the back of his head lightly as he smiled almost nervously. "Uh... as for my question, the first thing I thought of from before was that I had never heard a dialect like yours before. So I wanted to ask where you hailed from, and where you might have travelled in your journeys..." Kayl said while bringing his hand back down in front of him, and bowing lightly to the teacher before retaking his seat. He had hoped that his lighter question would ease any tension that might had formed from his answer.

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Student

User Image

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

TrashPuppy

Queen Hera Kami

Suzuuuu

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Raiyun
Captain

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:55 am
Jesse Randall
~ Classroom - Diviner ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jesse would take her human form momentarily to ensure that the book was safely stashed in one of her belt-pouches before taking on her Fennec Form, from here, she would make her way out of the dorm room and at a good pace - yet remaining vigilant that her rider remained safely on her back - would speed down the corridors towards the classrooms.

Her large ears would pick up on the Fae's voice as she called out how far they were and with a Yip, Jesse would reassure the female before skidding to a halt outside the required location.

She would crane her neck up to watch as the little orb of light would scale the height of the door so she could look through the glass before fading out, "Is it busy?" she would tilt her head, then remain still, enjoying the pet as the fairy landed before watching as she disappeared into the room.

"Right, here we go then..." Returning to her human form, Jesse would cast a glance around, then she would check the book was still safely in the pouch on her belt before lifting her hand to knock upon the door. It was soft at first as she was slightly nervous about that fact she was about to enter another Knit's classroom, but then she shook her head, "I'm doing this for my friend," she felt a little more determined and knocked again before pushing open the door a crack,

"Please, pardon my intrusion," her eyes would skim across the students before falling upon the two tutors, "It's just, I have a question for the tutors..." she didn't like to feel all eyes upon her, but she had a job to do, "It's...not exactly important, so I can wait outside until class is over, but it's something I feel only an expert Diviner such as yourselves may be able to answer..."

She would stand there nervously, dropping her eyes to the floor before casting a brief glance around the classroom - just incase she could see the Fae, which she knew she couldn't when she was in Human Form...

nyawns

Queen Hera Kami

Neryem

Daddy Raz

Raiyun

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

TrashPuppy

The_littlest_dragonfly

suzuuuu

Clothing: as seen, first Fennec, then Human
With: The strange little creature that likes dropping books on sleeping foxys... And now those in the Diviner classroom
Feeling: panicked, yet determined
OoC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:31 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

To his surprise, the one student to raise her hand and ask a question was Tay. Known to him to be one of the shier students in the class, he was proud of her for overcoming her shy nature to speak up and spark the conversation. Giving Tay a small nod of approval, he looked over the other students. Kayl, the newest student to the class and the Academy, seemed like he too wished to ask a question, but being polite, he waited for Elohari to answer Tay’s question.

Leaning back against the wall, arms crossed over his chest, his gaze narrowed as Elohari seemed to assume things about the class that just weren’t accurate. While part of him wanted to step in and say something, he remained silent. Curious to see how his students would react to her words. To his surprise, as Elohari asked the class her own question, as a lead in for the lesson, Kayl stood up address Elohari. Eyes narrowing a bit, he smiled slightly, pleased to see Kayl, the ‘new student’, standing up for his fellow classmates. Even without knowing them, he defended them, and in a completely respectful manner.

Furthermore, Elohari had been hoping for this very reaction. She wanted her students to question her and to speak their minds freely. Smiling a bit, he nodded in admiration. Elohari’s teaching style was certainly different, but effective. Whilst Kayl and Elohari spoke, leading the class in the discussion, two other students slipped into the classroom sheepishly – Ally and Greed. Frowning a bit, Gannon shook his head and pointed to the empty seats, as if telling them to sit and listen, before looking back to Kayl as he gave his answer to Elohari’s original question – What is a Diviner?

Kayl’s answer was surprisingly philosophical and deep. Gannon knew about Kayl’s erratic power and the fact that he was having trouble pinning it down. His family still didn’t know exactly what his raiment was or how it worked. It was only by hearing of Kayl’s past experiences that he was able to classify Kayl’s raiment as ‘Diviner’ – there was no firm proof that this was the right classification, however. In time, Gannon hoped that with Elohari’s help, as well as his own, they could help Kayl discover what his powers were and how to use them.

As Kayl finished giving his answer and posed a question to Elohari, the Diviner classroom doors opened again. Instantly irritated by yet another interruption, Gannon turned to look at the shifter who entered the class room. Frowning, he sighed deeply. While the student apologized and offered to wait outside until the class was over, Gannon had had enough interruptions to the lesson. Heading toward the girl, he gestured to the door. Turning back to look at Elohari, he gave her a small nod and encouraging smile, as if to say, ‘Please continue without me’, before ushering the shifter girl out into the hallway. Closing the door behind them, he arched a brow at her.

“While I appreciate the apology, I don’t appreciate you interrupting my class. What is so important that it couldn’t wait?” He asked as he looked down at the small female. While he commended curiosity, it was rude to interrupt a class while it was in session, unless it was an emergency. Curious as to what she needed him for, he waited for her to speak.

═══════════════════╝

Court Mage || Gannon Noble

Queen Hera Kami

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

TrashPuppy

Daddy Raz

Neryem

nyawns

Raiyun

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

suzuuu

Tala Maxwell

Gannon Noble – [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

nyawns

Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:03 pm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:10 pm
Jesse Randall
~ Outside the Classroom - Diviner ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jesse's ears flattened against her head and her long tail slipped anxiously between her legs as the man ushered her backwards out of the class room, she lifted her eyes as the door was finally closed behind them before biting her lip as Gannon quirked an eyebrow as he looked down at her,

"I...well...I'm really sorry, but, my friend," She hesitated, "My friend, she can't remember who she is, so we went to the Library to look through the books, she is only a little fellow, but said that only a Diviner can see," her words came out rather rushed, whether or not they made sense, she wasn't sure, but she had closed her eyes at this point and was seriously considering taking on her shifter form and fleeing...

"Mister, Sir..." In the rush to get all the information out, she completely forgot introductions, but as she reopened her eyes, the man's gaze was leaving her quite nervous and seriously regretting her actions, even if it had been to help a friend... "She entered the classroom before me, she was going to wait for me to ask, then show herself if she felt safe...so I asked, but I can't see her, well, I would see her if I transformed, but you see, only a Diviner can see her, so I thought someone in the Class could help..." She bowed her head, hoping she'd gotten all the information out correctly, she then cast a glance towards the glass in the doorway - she knew there was no way she would see the Fairy's light, but she still hoped... "I'm sorry, I should have waited...but my lesson finished early and I just thought before everyone disappeared..." She wasn't exactly on the verge of tears - she'd learnt crying rarely resolved anything, but she was that anxious she could feel her eyes welling up...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Neryem

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The_littlest_dragonfly

Quote:

Clothing: as seen, first Fennec, then Human
With: Gannon
Feeling: Terribly anxious
OoC Oh gods...help me...haha... .>.<'

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Lelyna didn’t know what to think of Elohari. Their previous teacher, before Gannon, had been very adamant about using the resources of the library to study their raiments so they could better understand their own power, by studying raiments that had come before them. Gannon had felt that using their raiments was the way to learn…Now, Elohari was taking another approach as well. While she did appreciate the different styles of teaching, she hoped that if Elohari did become their teacher, that she would be direct and help guide them to their highest potential.

As Elohari called upon Kayl, some of the other students in the class turned to look at him, giving Kayl their full and direct attention. While Lelyna would have done the same, the gesture would be futile. Instead, she turned her head slightly to the side to listen to Kayl’s words clearly. He spoke eloquently and with firm resolve. He stood up to Elohari, defending all that refused to speak up for themselves, despite not knowing any of them. Smiling slightly, she was reminded of a knight defending the meek. While his words could be considered rude or out of line, Elohari was happy with all that Kayl had to say. Surprised and pleased by this little interaction, Lelyna sat silently, eyes closed, ears keen, an amused smile on her lips as she waited to hear Kayl's answer regarding what made a diviner separate from the other knits.

Hands clasped in her lap, she waited, eager for his answer. As many would do, he quoted the text book, siting it as a source for the definition that they all knew. However, he didn't seem satisfied with this simple, vague definition. 'How interesting...' She thought, as Kayl contemplated his own opinion on what it meant to be a diviner. His answer, his deeply personal, philosophical answer regarding the temperance of their power, how it tested them and pushed them, resonated deeply with her. Many times, during the short time she'd possessed her powers, Lelyna had questioned why it the tested her so much and why her body had to suffer to expand her mind. It was comforting knowing that she wasn’t alone in her struggles for control and understanding. She had to wonder, if perhaps, she and Kayl could one day become friends – considering he already seemed close to Mikhail, it wasn’t as farfetched an idea as some might think. She made a mental note to ask Mikhail about him later, for now, she turned her attention forward, toward Elohari to see what she might say in return.

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Lelyna Thaniels

Chelly Usagi

TrashPuppy

Raiyun

Queen Hera Kami

Tala Maxwell

Nyawns

Daddy Raz

Pixelaited_FloofTronic

Neryem

suzuuuu

Lelyna Thaniels - [x]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:00 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

While Gannon was very irritated and frustrated, he felt bad for frightening the poor girl. Given the way her ears drooped, and her tail tucked between her legs he knew she was afraid of him. Sighing a bit, he tried to let some of his agitation go. <<’You frightened the poor thing…’>> Brageet said, chiding him for being in such a foul mood. Leaning in she nipped at his ear to chastise him for frightening the petite little shifter.

Frowning a bit, his expression eased from one of angered agitation to mild concern as she spoke of her friend needing help. He was confused by her words – he hadn’t noticed anyone else enter the classroom, but then again, he’d been so focused on how upset he’d been by yet another interruption that he might not have noticed someone else entering the room.

He had to wonder why this girl’s friend would leave her alone to deal with him, especially when she was seeking help on her friend’s behalf. “I understand your reasoning, young one and I apologize for frightening you.” He stated simply, uncrossing his arms. He didn’t like seeing students afraid of him, he was supposed to be someone that they could go to for help – which was exactly what she’d done.

Sighing a bit, he knelt, so they were more eye to eye. He didn’t want to tower over her and intimidate her any more than he already had. “Tell me, where is your friend now?” He didn’t understand what she meant by ‘only a Diviner could see her’, but he was willing to listen and to try to help, if he could. “Can you bring her to me?”
═══════════════════╝

Court Mage || Gannon Noble

Queen Hera Kami

neryem

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points