Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities
Main Academy Building ➣Grand Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:36 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

[Thanya enters the Library for the new RP day.]

Thanya would plop down next to one of the Library's large ornate windows with both her arms and tail filled with books. It was a bit like a mountain toppling over. Thanya's preferred place of reading would have been outside, but with the weather as its been she would have to accept the indoors. Though by now she was beginning to get a little more use to the idea of winter, it still was a far cry from what she was use to back home in the jungle.

Finding the best beam of light Thanya would pull a book at ramdom from her precarious pile of books and start reading . With any luck this would be the sum total of her day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:27 am
User Image
User Image
▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄

Jace had a goal as he entered the library today. He was going to find some more books on snakes themselves. He had almost exhausted all resources on shifting, the history of it and so forth. The only real avenue he had left to pursue was of the actual animal itself. Which meant he also had to figure out what kind of snake he turned into. He figured if he could fully understand the anatomy of the type of snake he was supposed to turn into, it would help him to fully shift into one. As he entered the rather magnificent halls of the library, the young noble found himself rather impressed. It was beautifully designed and filled, and seem to have a wide volume of books that inhabited it. He was almost worried that trying to find the books he sought would take days of searching. 'But what a lovely place to get lost in.' He silently added in his mind. He would have to spend more time here, even outside of studying for his raiment. It would be a pleasure just to spend an afternoon reading in a place like this. But for now he had a specific task he wanted to accomplish as well as a specific subset of books he needed. Thankfully there was a general directory to which he was able to find the animal section in this massive library, and very quickly found the snake one. There was surprisingly a lot of volumes on it detailing numerous types of snakes. 'This process of elimination may take longer than I had anticipated.' He silently thought to himself. Still, he enjoyed reading and learning so it would not be a torturous prospect. Grabbing just a couple volumes of books first, he would find a nearby secluded table and seat and begin to read through the first one; The General Anatomy of a Snake.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄

OOC: New day post

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150

BIueEssence

3,500 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:12 pm
User Image
╒═══════╕
𝕠𝕣𝕒 𝕒𝕣𝕜
╘═══════╛

After spending what felt like days in her dorm room, Nora finally decided enough was enough and took a walk amongst the city before heading towards the library. After what Nora had learned in her raiment class, she thought now would be as good a time as any to do some research on the element she'd been controlling for years now. She'd never been to the city's library before, so she was surprised to see how beautiful and extravagant the library was.

Nora wandered through the aisles of bookshelves until she found what she was looking for: rows and rows of books about water and the generals of elemental raiments. Once she grabbed a couple of books, she looked around for a table to sit at as she continued to wander through the library. When you spotted an open spot by a window, she quickly walked towards it and gently set her books down with a soft thump[. As she opened the first book, Water Raiments: Traits of Water, she glanced up for a moment to notice a familiar face sitting in a corner of the room. Nora waved at Jace until she saw him glance up from his book, Nora gave him a quick smile. She hadn't seen Jace in quite a while, so it felt good to see a friendly face. "Now that I think about it... I haven't seen Azura in a while either." Nora thought as she flipped open the first page of the book and leaned her head against her hand. "I kind of miss everyone." She let out a huff before she began reading.

═════════════════════════

Elementor | First Year
Outfit | Blouse + Skirt
Abilities | 0 mins used
Cooldown | 0 minute rest | 5 hrs left
OOC:

Ghost254

The-DJ-Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:41 pm
User Image
User Image

For a creature that seemed relatively simple appearance wise given its physical similarities to a worm, Jace was finding himself quite surprised by the complexity inherent in the average species of snake. For a creature with only one segment and no limbs, there was a lot going on inside of it. 'Perhaps this is why I have such issues with it?' He silently wondered to himself. It was not an unlikely assumption for him to make with the information he was being presented. He read about how they commonly shedded their skin as they grew in size and typically left them. Thoughts of finding some relatively intact and detailed snake skins in the forest sprang to mind, though he knew not what he would do with such a thing. He read on their senses, even coming upon one he had managed to manifest before. It was interesting to see how it was described by the author in the book and the uses he attributed to it. While Jace was glad to have discovered it, he felt he may have saved some time if he had pursued books on this topic rather than trying to find them on shifting in general. He was learning so much more of what made a snake a snake than he could by feeling it naturally.

Jace was fairly engrossed in his books, but he was not oblivious to the world. Often times he would look away a bit to process and imagine the plethora of information he was being given. To even try to retain all of it required he do so to keep it all organized and neat instead of one useless jumble. It was during one of these breaks that he noticed waving by one of the windows of the library and let his eyes be drawn to it. A surprised smile crossed his face as he saw who the person attracting his attention was. 'Nora.' He thought to himself silently. It had been some time since he last saw her and interacted with her. A slightly more focused glance to her current seating showed her to be reading some books as well, though of what he could not discern from this distance. Seeing her give him a quick smile, he would bow his head politely to her in return from his own seat. She soon turned her attention back to her book, but didn't seem content with something or other as he saw her lean her head on her hand. While he did consider her a friend, he was yet to reach the point of being able to accurately read her.

'I wonder if it would be impolite to move?' The thought crept quietly into his mind as he was again gazing down at his own books. He enjoyed the company of others, even if it were to be in silence. He was unsure of how Nora felt for such things though. It was not something he had never gone to ask her about, given there was no real situation where it was called for or relevant to be known. Until now at the least. While he was intent on his own books for self improvement, he had no idea what her book choice was. It could be romance novels for all he knew, and he doubted she would want to be disturbed if that were the case. However, there was a chance she would not be opposed to his company. And if so, he would only be denying himself pleasant company for no reason other than his own apprehension. 'Well that settles matters at the least.' He thought to himself, resolved. He would go to ask her in the least; if she preferred solitude he would return to his prior spot. If not, then he would accompany her. Phrased in that way, it hardly seemed necessary to have any apprehension at all for it as he mentally scolded himself. It was not like he was the shy type after all. Jace would gather up his books in a neat stack in his arms, chair pushed in from the table he had been sitting at, before slowly and calmly walking over to where Nora was. Thankfully his pile of books was fairly small, only three in total, so he could see where he was walking. He made no effort to hide his approach, and moved to be in front of her sight range with a smile. Once he had her attention, he would speak. "Greetings Ms. Nora. I was wondering, since we are both in the library, if I could have the pleasure of your company? While it may seem a nonsensical ask, reading in the company of others is far more preferable than reading alone even if it were to be done in silence. That is of course if you would like such a thing. If not I shall simply wish that your reading goes well and return to my prior seat." Jace would ask with a friendly voice and smile as he spoke. He felt relatively comfortable with Nora, and did not feel like he always had to have polite expressions. That however did little to change his diction.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄

OOC: Awesome get to see Nora again

BIueEssence

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:20 am
Jesse Randall
~ Entering Grand Library ~

User ImageUser Image

As she'd walked the long corridor, the Fennec Child couldn't help but feel her mind drift - with each door she passed by, her mind would slip back to the forest again, the snowy and endless trail that led up to...nowhere... Familiar scents would eventually drag her back into reality and Jesse would pause, her ears swiveling this way and that before her attention shifted towards the doors of the Grand Library...

"...Maybe I can find something out in there?" Perhaps she could find a book on dreams? The Library was stocked with pretty much everything, right? And at the end of the day, if she was unlucky in finding that particular kind of tome, she could at least borrow some more books on Shifters and hopefully catch up on the learning she'd missed...

Her large ears picked up on voices almost immediately as she entered and at first, the little Shifter had considered taking on her Fox Form and slinking off down one of the aisles - not really feeling up to interaction that day, but as she let her gaze flit around the room, settling upon a familiar face and one whom she'd seen perhaps wandering around, Jesse couldn't help but break into a smile,

They were already talking and she didn't want to intrude, so the Fennec Child would cast a wave in Jace's direction if he noticed her before returning her attention to seeking out the book she hoped would help her decipher her strange dream...

Ghost254

Raiyun

BIueEssence

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: as seen, but if she transforms, her Fennec Form now has spots!
With:
Feeling: A little out of sorts still, but determined to find a particular book
OoC She still has....Spots!""

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 pm
User Image
╒═══════╕
𝕠𝕣𝕒 𝕒𝕣𝕜
╘═══════╛

Nora silently read a few pages from the book; occasionally she would lean back and look at the ceiling as she tried to think of different ways she could take advantage of water's properties. Despite how simple water seemed, there were countless ways to manipulate water into an attack or a means to protect against an attack. "Who would've thought this would be so complicated?" Nora thought as she turned to the next page of her book.

Out of the corner of her eye, Nora saw someone walking towards her and looked up to see Jace approaching her with a smile. Nora returned the smile and instinctively moved her books to the side of the table to allow Jace to sit with her. Once Jace finished speaking, Nora couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sorry I-" Nora covered her mouth as she continued to giggle. She took a few deep breaths, reminding herself that she was in a library and needed to stay quiet. Nora cleared her throat, dismissively waving a hand in front of her to let Jace know she was okay before she chuckled once more. "I'd love that. Of course you can sit with me, Jace." She said in a more serious tone, but still maintaining her smile. "Sit down you idiot." Nora laughed once again, gently pulling on one of Jace's sleeves to coax him towards the chair next to her.

Despite how long she and Jace had known each other, he was still very formal whenever he talked to her. She'd accepted that Jace was from a much higher-class family than she was, but it still made her laugh whenever he spoke to her like she was royalty or something.

Elementor | First Year
Outfit | Blouse + Skirt
Abilities | 0 mins used
OOC:

Ghost254

BIueEssence

3,500 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Jace had seen her move her books to the side as if to make space for him, but was not one to assume that meant an invitation. His own upbringing led him to wait to see if she gave any verbal or physical cues to actually sit in that area. It would not do to be impolite and take the seat without her consent after all. 'Not when the punishment for such things often meant no dinner for that evening.' He quietly reminded himself of how he was trained. It was hardly a cruel act in his eyes to do, one missed meal did little to endanger someone and was a good source of motivation to behave and improve. It was what had kept his manners up to this day, despite having been gone from home for quite some time. However, rather than immediately get a response Ms. Nora would begin to laugh and cover her mouth to change it to giggles. Jace had a confused expression on his face. 'Was it something I said? Do I have some abnormality in my hair or teeth?' Jace was honestly perplexed by her reaction. Despite being a good read of people... he was not acclimated to how social interactions went about with people not of noble birth.

While left in confusion, he would see Ms. Nora take a few breaths, clear her throat, and dismissively wave her hand in front of her. 'At least she is alright... though that leaves me wondering what she found to be so amusing,' He silently acknowledged in his mind. He truly did not understand what caused her to descend into a fit of laughter, though he did not take it in a bad way. They were friends, even if he couldn't understand her at times. She would again chuckle and say she was delighted to have him sit with her. Though she seemed to become rather insistent on it as well. She would almost command him to sit and call him an idiot while simultaneously pulling on his sleeve to be seated beside her. Still a bit perplexed at it all, Jase would follow her instruction and take the seat that was offered to him. Being called an idiot by her was not something he took offense to, as he knew it was not meant as such by her. It didn't mean he understood it though. Jace, once seated, would turn to make eye contact with her before he would speak. "Thank you for allowing me the pleasure of your company Ms. Nora, but why is it that I was being an idiot and what caused your bout of laughter, if I may ask?" He would ask in a genuinely confused tone. While it wasn't the first time she had called him that, nor likely the last, he still desired to understand why for it. He could not learn to improve himself if he did not know. It was then that his eyes traveled to her books on the table as he put the books he had carried onto the table, his being all about snakes. "Intriguing book choice." He would comment to her as he saw that they were about water and water raiments. He had honestly seen very little of her raiment in their time together, and did not know the full extent of it. He would also at this point notice a wave from someone else in the library, seeing another shifter student from his class. He would give a slight head tilt in acknowledgement to her greetings and as his own form of it before his attention would turn back to Ms. Nora.

OOC: Nice old study day at the library

BIueEssence

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:11 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

[Thanya enters the Library for the new RP day.]

Thanya would bumble along the endless bookshelves of the library grabbing a variety of books covering all kinds of subjects from fishing to magic to animal husbandry. It seemed she would grab whatever subject seemed to strike her fancy at that moment and add it to the growing mountain of books she was carrying. Before long her tail was filled and the stack of books in her arm was so high she could barely see what was in front of her.

Deciding she had finally had enough, Thanya began to look for a nice sunny spot by a window to explore her selection reading material. Thanya would suddenly turn a corner around a bookshelf - right into her her fellow student Jesse! Unfortunately, due to Jesse being one of the only girls shorter than the Binturong, Thanya couldn't see her over her massive stack of books. She would collide right into her and fall back in a mountain of falling books.

With her collection now scattered around her, Thanya would rub her butt from her sitting position on the ground and look up to see what she had run into. Seeing Jesse she would remark with a smile. "Oh, hi Jesse! I haven't seen you in the library before. Have you taken a sudden interest in reading? I have a lot of good recommendations! In fact, I think I have a good one for you right here!" Thanya would being to fumble through the books she had dropped looking for something to give her classmate.

Tala Maxwell

Ghost254

BIueEssence

Kowsauni

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:38 am
Jesse Randall
~ Entering Grand Library ~

User ImageUser Image
This had to be the right section...She'd already walked around several of the shelves now with little to no luck at all... "Oh if only Fidal was still here..." She missed the bunny's little bookstore and how if he didn't have the tome you were seeking, he'd try his hardest to hunt it down for you... Her ears flopped outward and her large tail curled around her legs as she was once again dragged back to thinking of how so many of her friends had gone away...

She took no longer than a moment, wrapping her arms around her body in a sort of 'self-hug' as she tried to fight off the feeling that she'd scared them all away when suddenly, a shadow overcame her and she turned in horror to see an entire stack of books heading right for her...

For such a small thing, she gave quite a yelp - dropping to her knees and attempting to shield her head as tomes fell all around... When it was all over, she would open her eyes, lifting a hand to rub the top her head which now ached from the impact of one or two books which now lay around her on the floor... "Owww........." Her ears flopped outward, but it wasn't until she heard the familiar voice of her Classmate that Jesse would lift her gaze, noting the Shifter's smile that would have rivaled her own had she been feeling more cheerful...

"Oh, Thanya!" It looked as though her fellow Shifter had also received a bit of a bump from their collision, but her reassuring smile told her that the Binturong was alright, "I've come here a few times..." her gaze drifted down to the books as Thanya started to fumble about the tomes, "I've always loved books, but don't usually take them out of the Library..." If she was honest, it was because she was afraid she might become so engrossed in the tales that she'd forget to return it - but at the same time, she enjoyed re-reading her own books as well and saw little reason to add more to her already weighted shelves...

Looking around, there were many informative titles in the Shifter's collection, but very few that resembled the sort of fairytale stories that the Fennec Child had grown up with... It was just as Jesse started to help gather up the books that a particular title caught her eye and she would pause, holding it in her hand before looking up towards her Classmate, "Could...I borrow this one?" She knew she would have to sign it out at the desk first - or perhaps read it in the Library itself if she had the time, but if Thanya didn't mind...?

Ghost254

Raiyun

BIueEssence

Kowsauni

Quote:

With: Thanya
Feeling: sad, then scared, then curious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:54 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

"Oh, which book is it?" Thanya peered curiously at the book in Jesse's hand, curious if it is the one she was thinking of. She had gathered so many she didn't recognize it by sight and couldn't make out the title from her position on the ground as she began to stack her books back up.

Tala Maxwell

Ghost254

BIueEssence

Kowsauni

BIueEssence

3,500 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:21 pm
User Image
╒═══════╕
𝕠𝕣𝕒 𝕒𝕣𝕜
╘═══════╛

With her and Jace now sitting together, Nora was about to turn back to her book when Jace spoke up about her laughter and calling him an idiot. "Well, it's not that I think you're an idiot, 'cause you're not," Nora explained herself. "It's just that..." She paused to think of the words. "We've known each other from a while now, so I figured we don't have to be so polite and formal with each other anymore. You can relax around me... right?" The question was hesitantly placed at the end as Nora looked directly into Jace's eyes, though she felt somewhat uneasy.

"Are we not as close as I think we are?" The thought crept into Nora's mind for a moment but she refocused when Jace commented on her choice of books, forcing herself to ignore the little thought. "Thanks, I figure I should study up on what I can do with water since I've hit a dead end on my power right now." Nora closed the book to show Jace the cover, keeping her thumb on the page she was on so she could easily flip back to it once he read the title. "What about you?" Nora pointed towards the book Jace had in front of him. "Snakes have something to do with your raiment, right?" Nora asked, genuinely curious about his response. Now that she thought about it, Nora had never seen Jace use his raiment, so she was completely in the dark about what it could be, but from what she'd figured out she knew Jace was in the Shifter class so he must be able to transform into some kind of animal.

Elementor | First Year
Outfit | Blouse + Skirt
Abilities | 0 mins used
OOC:

Ghost254

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:42 am
Jesse Randall
~ Grand Library ~

User ImageUser Image
"This one!" With a grin, Jesse would hold up the tome she had spotted, the title reading "𝕹𝖆𝖒 𝖄𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖊'𝖘 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖘 - 𝕬 𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖓𝖊'𝖘 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘." She couldn't have found a more obvious book, but could only hope it held something within that could aid her in deciphering the reasons behind her strange everlasting nightmare...

"Thanks! You've been a great help, Thanya!" She would beam in the other Shifter's direction before slipping the book beneath her arm and making her way back down the aisles towards the exit.

Although Jesse hadn't seen Elijah for some time - mainly because although she was a bookworm, she bought her books elsewhere - the Fennec Child hoped that as long as she signed her name clearly and wrote which book she was borrowing down on the records then the Librarian perhaps wouldn't mind so much that she intended to keep the book in her possession for what would perhaps seem quite a long time...

"...Maybe I should write down how long I plan to keep it for...?" The Shifter was never really good with estimates, but assumed the large tome would take quite a while to read in its fullest? Her ears would flop outwards and she resisted the urge to chew the tip of the pencil as she pondered this, but eventually, she opted to leave the return date blank and hope Mr Isaacs wouldn't hunt her down for being tardy with it's return...

With the book 'signed out' the little Shifter would make her way towards the door, once again casting a final wave towards Jace and his companion before taking her leave. She had a Lot of reading to do!

[ ~ Jesse Leaves The Grand Library ~ ]

Ghost254

Raiyun

BIueEssence

Kowsauni

Quote:

With: Thanya
Feeling: content

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:21 pm
User Image
User Image

As Ms. Nora explained why she called Jace an idiot he would look to her and listen attentively. He genuinely wanted to understand what had caused her reaction to him and her temporary nickname. He was glad to hear that she at least did not think of him as an idiot despite calling him so. His reputation did mean a lot to him due to his pride and family, even if very few knew who his family were here, and as such he had to uphold it to the best of his ability. He was, by blood, representing his family in attending this school. He also genuinely cared about how Nora, someone he did consider a friend, viewed him. That extended to all the friends he had made in his time here. While they were not many, it only made him value them all the more. He may be friendly to many people, but he was only ever truly friends with a few. Ms. Nora would go on to explain how it was because they were friends for a while and that he had no need to be so polite and formal around her. To relax. 'Am I not already relaxed?' He silently thought to himself. He had already mostly forgone his neutral mask he had when he would interact with many people for her, which is not something he would do if he were not relaxed in her presence. Anything else, to him, was simply the courtesy you gave to others you interacted with. He looked confused for a moment before speaking to try and convey this... "I can assure you Ms. Nora, I am quite relaxed. In regards to being polite and formal...Is that not what I should do? I do consider you a valued friend, it is why I seek your company so often, and it is why I continue to show you the respect you deserve. If that seems to imply a distance between us, worry not. It is more of my upbringing than anything else." He would say as his eyes would look to hers with a reassuring smile, tone sincere. He had noticed her hesitant question at the end of it, and felt the need to reassure her if anything. He was content with the casual and informal nature others seemed to have amongst one another, but it was not something he quite knew how to do. He was most comfortable being his formal and polite self. The only time that did not show in his tone and diction... was when he was doing something most unbecoming, as his parents would say.

As Ms. Nora mentioned choosing her book because she hit a dead end with her own raiment, Jace found himself slightly surprised. He found her to be an intelligent girl, and had expected her to have no real issues with hers. An ironically selfish thought of his own that only he truly had difficulties with his raiment and no one else did sprang to his mind before he dismissed it as silly now. It was... a bit comforting to know he was not the only one to struggle. With Thanya who was a fast learner and great at shifting, he typically felt like the one who lagged behind. She had amazing potential while he struggled with just the basics, not that he would ever tell her that. He still enjoyed training with her and her company... but it had subconsciously led to that line of thought. He would listen and look with interest as she mentioned hers was of water, seeing the particular book she chose on it and nodding to show he had seen the title. She would then ask him about his own book and guessing it had something to do with snakes. He would smile, a slightly bitter smile for a brief moment before it would go back to normal, as he thought of his raiment and his family. Being surrounded by shifters for the most part made him forget about other raiments, and in turn his departure from his family's. He would show her the title of his book, being the general anatomy of snakes. "I came for the same reason as you. I have hit a wall in terms of my raiment, and it is indeed of snakes. I am a... Shifter. I've studied for a long time on this, but never of the actual animal itself. I'm hoping this may help me in my efforts." He would say with a soft smile and calm tone, pausing as if the word shifter did not sit well with him and purposefully not mentioning what his issues was. Even though they were friends, he would prefer not to mention his difficulty with a full shift. He wanted to fix that, to actually be able to shift. While he knew she would likely understand and be sympathetic, he would still rather show her one day when he could actually shift than admit he could not. Jace would continue to talk and study for Nora for the rest of the day, occasionally offering his own insight to her if he was able but otherwise just enjoying her company.

OOC: End of day

BIueEssence

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:31 pm
User Image
╒═══════╕
𝕠𝕣𝕒 𝕒𝕣𝕜
╘═══════╛

Nora was relieved to find that Jace was indeed comfortable around her and saw her as a close friend. She had to admit she wasn't used to be spoken to so formally, but Nora knew since she first met Jace that his upbringing was much different from hers. "No, no it's fine. I guess it's just different from where I grew up." Nora reassured her friend when he asked about how he should speak. At times like this, it made Nora wonder why everyone in her village was so casual in the way they spoke to each other. "Maybe it's because I'm from a small village and he's from a much bigger city." Nora pondered. Whatever the case, Nora was happy that she made the choice to come here to learn and train her raiment. If she hadn't come here, she wouldn't have met all her friends and gotten to know so many different things.

Nora listened earnestly when Jace spoke about his raiment and how he too had hit a wall with his. The idea of shifting into a different creature was fascinating to Nora. "Did it hurt to shift? What did it feel like? Do his senses change as a snake? Is he a venomous snake?" The thoughts enticed Nora to take a closer look at the page Jace was on. "Well, I hope we can both learn a lot today." Nora said with a comforting smile while she moved her chair closer in order to read her book alongside Jace. They continued to chat back and forth while reading, and Nora would occasionally look up from her book to point to an interesting fact in Jace's book or something she found fascinating. Every now and then, Jace would add his own insight to her book, which she gratefully accept and ponder on as the two continued to enjoy each others company until it was time for both of them to go their separate ways.

((End of RP Day))

Elementor | First Year
Outfit | Blouse + Skirt
Abilities | 0 mins used
OOC:

Ghost254

BIueEssence

3,500 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:33 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Upon seeing the title Thanya would respond. "Oh, that was not the one I was thinking of but sure go ahead. I don't even remember picking that up. Let me know what you think of it when you are done!"

Thanya watches Jesse run off with her book and feels a pang of regret about letting one of her selected reading materials out of her possession without first perusing it. Still, she reminded herself it was a library book and she could get read when Jessie was done. She already had selected more then she would be able to read in one day so she might as well spread the joy of reading to another.

Thanya would finish collecting her books and restock them in her hands. With a grunt of exertion she would pick them back up and continue on her way. This time she would be a little more careful about surroundings in front of her and successfully navigate to her favorite reading nook. Once there she would plop down in her mountain of books and proceed to read to her harts content for the rest of the day.

(End of RP Day)

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces