Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[B] Wandering Hooves, Wandering Thoughts (Lost Path & Peep)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:35 am
Ruriska

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lost Path was...well, lost. Where did one even go when they wished to seek out a blessing for their children? He'd heard stories here and there from other kin regarding certain areas or directions legendaries tended to be, but none of them were consistent. It was more like the blessing found you, which was convenient to say the least, but it didn't really solve the problem of wandering about (or how long he had to wander about, for that matter). The buck paused in his search for a moment and glanced upwards, his thoughts churning as he stared at the canopy of trees above through the eye that wasn't concealed by a waterfall of thick hair. It was unclear how long he stood there, staring, unresponsive to his quest as his mind drifted far, far away.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The foxbun found him like that - staring upwards into the canopy, lost deep in his thoughts. She crept closer, little furred paws making no sound on the soft earth, inching forward little steps at a time until she was at his hooves. She too looked up, little nose wrinkled, searching upwards for whatever it was that had caught his attention so thoroughly. It was a nice canopy, with the light filtered by the leaves, just the right amount but it wasn’t worth such a prolonged stare.

When the moment stretched on for that little bit too long, the foxbun reached out and tapped one little paw against his leg in hopes of quietly getting his attention.

G a b y

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:48 am
Ruriska

Another kin might have started at the sudden contact or, if more dramatic, reared back and fled in terror, but Lost Path, calm and quiet as he naturally was, glanced down at the foxbun curiously. Oh. How long had the small creature been positioned there at his hooves? Bowing his head, he drew his face in closer and sniffed at the very tops of the small, erect ears. The scent that greeted him was unlike anything he'd ever smelled before, really. It was...different. Quite so. Hmmm.

"Have you found me, then?" he asked, not really expecting a response yet hoping for a potential one. "Or have I found you...?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The foxbun smiled back at him.

The little paw retracted, and was put to good use brushing at her ears, giving them a good grooming while he thought over her scent. When he finally did speak, he got the response he was hoping for it.

It came in the form of an Acha, suddenly there where the foxbun had been, still small enough to be forced to look up at meet his gaze. “It’s all very much the same, isn’t it? One way or the other, we find each other.” Her voice was warm and pleasant, and her smile matched it.

G a b y

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:27 am
Ruriska

Lost Path blinked, blinked again, and then tilted his head ever so slightly. It made sense now why the foxbun's scent hadn't been clear, he thought, but even as he stood before the mythical Acha, curious and awed by her transformation, he couldn't help but feel as though he were fabricating the entire experience. Surely not, though.

"I suppose you're right," he agreed, gazing ahead into the brightest, whitest eyes he'd ever seen. "I imagine you've done this before, so I hope it's not upsetting or inconvenient that I seek what others have sought from you." It was more or less a roundabout, albeit thoughtful, way of broaching a blessing, and he hoped that the request would be at least considered.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:32 am
G a b y

"You're very sweet," Peep told him, and despite the glow of her eyes, her delight was clearly read within their depths. "I have indeed done this many times before and each blessing is an act I am deeply proud of. To be able to offer you piece of mind and your offspring a helping hoof is one of the great purposes in my life."

She breathed out, a soft and happy sigh. "So do not worry. Please tell me if there is anything in particular you desire for your children... or shall I come up with my own?" Her nose wrinkled as she smiled. "I'm quite good at it."  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:28 am
“Ruriska”

The mare’s willingness to assist, and happily at that, coaxed Lost Path to smile. He hadn’t known what exactly to expect regarding a legendary and the way they presented themselves. He’d considered something along the lines of ‘wise’ and ‘otherworldly’, but there had also been the chance of encountering arrogance and superiority. They were higher beings and all. Nonetheless, it was nice that he’d found such a pleasant and kind one.

These children will be my first, so more than anything I wish for them to meet the world with an open and welcoming mind,” he said. His head lifted as he returned his sight to the canopy overhead, just as she’d found him. “There is much to behold here, after all, and it would be a shame not to acknowledge or appreciate any of it.” He lowered his gaze again. “Whatever else you wish to bless them with I would find myself eternally grateful for.”  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:52 am
There were indeed those who would fit the idea of wise and otherworldly. Not to say that Peep was not wise. She saw just as the others did, felt the beating heart of the Swamp, looked back into the past and watched in her dreams as the world turned in different ways. But she was still always just Peep and there seemed no point in being excessively mystical when what you were really doing was providing a very important service for parents who just wanted someone to tell them everything was going to be okay.

“I agree,” she hummed. “That would be a very good start.” Peep let out a little sigh, not quite gathering her strength but mulling quietly over his request. It was indeed a good one and they probably didn’t need much extra, other than her usual desire for health and wellness but she figured it wouldn’t hurt to get a little bit more creative.

“Very well ,” she said finally, her eyes glowing deep, deep deep and her voice a soft hush that somehow carried a mountain of strength, “may they meet the world with an open and welcoming mind, following their dreams and seeking great sights. May they also be healthy and eager to smile... and thoughtful, like their father.”

The moment came and went, the blessing complete and Peep felt the rightness of it deep in her chest. “There you are,” she said with a smile. “Please do visit me at the Mother’s Club whenever you like. I would love to meet your children one day.”

G a b y
there we go! sorry for getting wordy at the end there, i needed to hit 500 words XD

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces