Submit

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Abstinence knew he was goodlooking, he had seen his own reflection in water puddles before and in streams. He liked the way he could sway his sparkling mane to fall to one side. But when he met Frigid Death he fell head over heels for her. She looked cold and calculating but as he got the chance to know her over time, he couldn't believe what a sweetie she could be. He couldn't help but hit on her and tried to win her affection. He couldn't clearly remember what he had done except that the courting days ended with him nuzzling her neck.

And now, now she's going to bare his children and give birth soon.

Abstinence stared at his own reflection once more to check himself out and sighed. I am really doing this. I don't know if i will abandon them or stay with them.... i don't know what to do but i must do something for them.

Any creature that saw him at this point could see that he was troubled. The more he stared into the water the more he noticed that his left eye lid had started to twitch.

Ruriska xxxxxxxxxxxxx
thank you for helping < 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A second reflection joined Abstinence’s, a tall stag with fiery red locks that cascaded along his shoulders in waves. He stood calmly beside the Kiokote, as if he had always been there, watching and waiting, his glowing gaze unreadable.

It hadn’t been a long journey from where he had been resting, the call coming to him during a nap, and so he had risen and ambled unhurriedly until he found the Kiokote lost deep in thought. The prospect of impending fatherhood did tend to create a lot of introspection.

If the buck even knew about the oncoming brood, which required a little bit of questioning, rather than assuming..

“Tell me of what troubles you,” the stag said, and though his voice was gentle, it was a softly spoken command.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:25 pm

He was surprised to see anyone else beside himself but remained composed, as startled as he was, by the sudden appearance of an unfamiliar kin.

The stranger;s red eyes drew him in. Even in the water's reflection the Kio, father to be, stood and stared in disbelief about how The Killing Moon was able to be born so beautifully proportioned.

And then the stranger spoke to him. He couldn't tell if he was speaking to him through closed lips or telepathically... “Well," he started out, observing the scales on his back, "you see.... I have never once committed myself to any doe before... but this lady.. her appearance... cold as death itself.. " he went on, doing a final check on himself afterwards, "..turned out to be the most gentle and serene being i have ever seen. She is going to bare my children..." he trailed off...

His eyes began to water and accumulate tears near the canthus... "And... I... am afraid...." he spoke on, almost in a whisper...

Ruriska

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:59 pm
There was no softness in The Killing Moon’s expression as he turned to face the Kiokote, just his endless stare as he listened and quietly made his own judgement.

“What are you afraid of?” The Legendary asked.

FrostyPeaches

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Drawing in a deep breath, Abstinence stared into the legendary;s eyes, and blinked slowly. "ME."

The kio slammed his front hoof into the puddle of water, splashing the liquid everywhere. "There are plenty of reasons that makes me afraid... What if the clutch turns up stillborn..... or are missing a leg?... and maybe.. maybe one of them might become egotistical like me..."

His stomach flopped at the thought of raising young with Frigid Death.. "I do admit... i have zero knowledge on how to nurture things... living things in this case..."

He wouldn't even know what to feed them or what to teach them....

Ruriska

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:26 pm
Water splashed against The Killing Moon’s leg and a shiver rolled through him but he never looked away from Abstinence, he continued to watch him with his keen gaze throughout the outburst until the Kiokote had quietened once more.

“And yet, these things that you fear, you cannot control. If they are born dead, then so be it, you move on. If they are missing a leg, you will care for them just the same as if they had all four. If they end up like you,”
he laughed softly, “then at least you recognize your own flaws.”

His smile remained, a small thing, not entirely pleasant. “You forget that you are not alone. That though you know nothing, you also have their mother and there are many kin that would aid you. Nurturing children is not a great secret. You feed them, you protect them, you listen to them. Simply being there is enough. Stop being afraid. Stop making this about you.”

He dipped his head, hair sliding in waves along his neck. “If it helps, I will give you a blessing.”

FrostyPeaches

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:32 pm

"Right, right..." he responded, being reminded again that he can't control life of others. He really didn't want want to fall into this spiral of paranoia with so much worries. "Right... They will be however the motherfather wants them to be when born. I hope Frigid stays alive after giving birth. I've seen kin die when giving birth.. If that happens to her, that'd be a sad sad day..."

He had never diverted his eyes away from the legendary. "Yes.. I may have flaws but I always hide it behind my awesomeness," he went on, flashing him a cheesy grin.

Abstinence loved talking about himself but when he was told to stop putting himself on the spotlight, he realised that was a tough challenge. A challenge that requires all of his time for someone else. "I will devote my time to nurture whatever may come, I should make the moment more about them, about Frigid...about....family......"

Looking away and down into the puddle again, the kio remained silent for a long while as he stared at himself.

"You know..... I think I could use a blessing... And some advice... If you dont mind..." He lifted his head up and stared at The Killing Moon again. "I'm...going to be a father...." he told him, smiling proudly, while blinking away tears in his eyes.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:46 am
The buck perhaps wasn’t the ideal but there were worse fathers in the Swamp. At least the Kiokote’s heart was in the right place and if he spoke too often of himself, it was hardly that great of a sin. His children would at least know him and love him for all his quirks.

“Yes,” The Killing Moon said, almost gravely, “you are going to be a father.” He fell quiet, thinking on what advice to give, what blessing would be appropriate. He had not been a good father. The first clutch he had walked away from; the second he had tried his best with but he doubted he had been quite what was necessary.

Maybe one day he would try again.

“Your children will be healthy, humble and - hm, how about self-sufficient?” He offered as blessing, smiling softly. “As for advice. Be there. Do your best. Smile. Laugh with them. Watch over them. They will do the rest.” The Killing Moon dipped his head in a small bow. “Good luck.”

FrostyPeaches
done!

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out