[PRP Yael] Those Who Train Together ~ Ceylinae & Pruu ~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:35 pm
It wasn't really all that often that Ceylinae went to the training grounds for her sole training. She'd always done a lot of training on her own, having founds a few places that were perfect for it... but such places were now cut off to solo training. The only place to train these days was at the training grounds or somewhere in the village. Even her usual spot for running laps wasn't something that she had access to causing her to instead run laps around the village.

If one wanted to get a lot of attention on themselves that was the way to do it... though it was definite not what Ceylinae was after. She'd of much rather trained alone so that she didn't have all eyes on her, wanting to be able to train without being seen doing so. One was far from attractive while training. You got sweaty, dirty, and worn out... it wasn't how she wanted to be seen by her sisters and cousins.

Upon reaching the training grounds that she looked down at the limbara whelp she was leading along. She looked down at him and said, "I am going to be working out, you are going to be waiting here." As she told the little beast that she saw about tying off the end of his leash to a nearby tree, put out a bowl of water, before patting him on the head. She had made sure to bring the tiny pup out on a long walk first so here was hoping he'd spend his time sleeping. They could do his training later and she'd do hers now. It was still early in the morning meaning that she'd be able to get to use the grounds with fewer people then usual.

After giving Savage one last glance she turned on her heel and started forward onto the grounds.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 pm
For the sake of the new rules, Pruu had gone to the training grounds with a small group that morning. By now, everyone else had either wandered off or were resting on the sidelines, leaving Pruu to her own workings. Not that she was bothered by it at all. She had extra energy to burn, and there was no better way to burn it than to train.

Using her dual blades against a training dummy, she stabbed at it with less grace than normal. Many things were frustrating as of late...

When she happened to notice an elder sister joining the grounds, Pruu sucked in her breath and forced herself to gain control. It wasn't often that she saw Ceylinae there... Another effect of the new rules? Biting her lip slightly, she found she couldn't help one last lash out as she stabbed one of the blades into the face of the dummy.
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 pm
Cornetified

Ceylinae's antennae gave a little twitch, turning slowly as she realized that despite the early hours that she wasn't alone. Her aqua eyes blinked slowly before she decided to called out, "Good morning, sister." She knew her... well, she didn't know by name or anything but she'd been present during the Dretch incident, hadn't she?

She paused to watch as her sister attacked a training dummy with a pair of dual swords. So she was a swordswoman, hm? Interesting. It was good to know who the close up fighters were that would be aiding those like Naqenni and herself who were ranged fighters. Should she chat with her? Would it be bothering her sister while she was training? If it was Ceylinae she would be more likely to want to talk to someone if they were training with her as opposed to bothering her during training. It's why she'd invited others out in the past.

Shrugging her bow off of her shoulder she moved toward the archery range which wasn't too far off from where her sister was training. At least this way they would be able to converse if the other girl wished it? Ceylinae decided that she was good either way.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:15 pm
The greeting made Pruu turn, and she gave a nod in return. "Good morning." That may have been as far as she would normally go, but she felt how deep the blade had gone when she needed to tug a few times to free it. Perhaps it was time to cool down a bit... Getting away from her own thoughts would be a good change.

Tucking the blades away, she raised her chin and turned toward Cyelinae. Surely the greeting meant she was welcome to talk? ..Hopefully? Sighing, she pushed herself to walk forward and close the distance. "Sister. Would you care for a little company?"
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:13 pm
Cornetified

Ceylinae was notching her first arrow when she heard the other girl coming closer to where she stood. Her antennae gave a little bounce before she turned, giving the other Elaria a glance, before she said, "I wouldn't mind it." She wasn't normally one for company, being a bit of a loner by nature, but given that she was stuck in town for a while it might be good for her. It would giver her a chance to meet with others, get closer to them, and maybe even make friends with them.

"It would in fact be nice to have a bit of company that isn't a limbara whelp for a bit." Having someone to talk to that could talk back would be a wonderful change of pace for certain.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 pm
Pruu nodded in thanks and stood for a moment to watch the arrows work. Her mother and her twin both used arrows... "A limbara whelp, huh?" she mused. She had never had an animal companion. "Is it safe to assume that you enjoy having a creature to care for?" she asked with sincere curiosity.
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 pm
Cornetified

Ceylinae's antennae gave a little twitch before she took careful aim with her arrows. It was something that she felt she had to put some practice into. No, not some but a lot, to make sure that her aim was spot on even at a distance. She had to make up for the fact that she hadn't loosed her arrows faster enough during the Dretch incident and thus allowed that creature to vanish with one of her cousins. She'd failed and it was something that didn't sit well with the girl who already had a lot in the way of confidence issues.

After fire a couple of arrows, finding they weren't nearly close enough to dead center for her liking, she looked over at her sister and said, "It's... a lot more work then I thought it would be. That I chalk up to the fact that Savage is just a baby. I knew it would be impossible to train a full grown limbara given their size and attitudes so I went for a newly hatched one instead and it's a lot to do." She glanced in the direction of the limbara, then back again, "I think it will be for the best in the future though."

She just had to make it through his infant stage and get him to a point where he was actually trainable. Presently it was all care taking and no real training since he was just a baby, "He's be a mount suitable for a Guardian one day despite his gender."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:15 pm
Pruu nodded slowly. Training from such a young age would certainly be best; especially for the gender! Would Pyrrha have benefited from having a familiar to take care of? ..probably not. Pruu had never had a particular urge to have a mount of her own, either. With a glance around to make sure that she was not about to be in anyone's way, she sat on the ground to attempt relaxing. Of course, relaxing was relative for Pruu, and she was soon enough pulling a blade from a sheath to twirl it around. "Would you be training the limbara here, or is there a training ground for mounts? I never much looked into the role."
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:23 pm
Cornetified

Ceylinae's antennae gave a little twitch as she thought about the question. After a bit of time she said, "Actualy... I'm not sure. I got Savage recently and I wanted to tame him a bit and get him used to dealing with commands before bringing him into the village." Her antennae twitched again, a motion that showed a bit of annoyance as she added, "That was before the Dretch threw a kink into my plans." It really was such a bother.

Glancing over at her sister she said, "I tend to do a lot of training on my own, both my own training and that of my Limbara, most of it outside of the village. It's been a definitely learning experience of late." Trying to figure out how things within the village were done at various times of day, where it was best to train, and how she could compensate for being unable to go to her favorite places. If nothing else at least this was allowing her more time with her sisters and cousins? She'd been starting to become a bit of a forest dwelling recluse for a bit there.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 pm
Pruu's own antennae perked as the air changed before her. The Dretch... "It seems that the presence of those.. those filthy things... has affected much more than us and our cousins alone time," she murmured, pushing herself back up to stand. Letting out a short breath, she threw the dagger out of frustration. As the blade struck near the arrows Ceylinae had shot, Pruu tightened up into herself. "My apologies," she said, marching over to grab the blade back up. To show such a lack of restraint in such an impulsive action...

"I am grateful then, to have my own training sessions be in such a variety of places." She returned to where she had been sitting before and sat right back down. "If you wish, I do know a few of the tenancies of those who train here. I fear that I will be of little help trying to reorganize any of it for mount training, though."
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:33 pm
Cornetified

"It changed a bit too much for my liking." She muttered, reaching for another arrow, her attention turning forward toward the target before her. As she looked that way, about to reach for another arrow she gave pause, watching as a dagger buried itself into the target. Turning slowly to look over at the girl she said, "That was a good throw. I'm impressed."

After putting her arrow back in the quiver, bow slung over her shoulder, she said, "I don't mind, it was a good throw." It slowed things down as far as her own practice went but she wasn't too upset about it.

"Yeah... I prefer to do so in various places as well. I feel I will stagnate if I just train in one place day in and day out. I hope that those in charge figure out how we can get rid of the Dretch sooner then later." She wanted things to go back to how they were but perhaps with her spending more time with her sisters and cousins? Giving a smile she said, "Until we get it figured out I think we should work together with our training, to figure out a way to do it without going outside the village." Unless they went in a group but even then she wasn't sure that she would feel safe exactly.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:09 pm
"Thank you, sister." Pruu looked back at the target with a tiny hint of satisfaction on her lips. She liked to think that she was above average in her training. She wouldn't dare say such a thing out loud though!

Waiting for answers... So much waiting. Someone had to figure out what to do. Trying to think of different training within the village, a dark thought entered her mind. Were they safe.. even inside the village? The Dretch had appeared out of thin air. Well, that was something else that she would never say out loud either though! "There are many ways to train with the others and not leaving the borders," Pruu assured with a nod. "Right here, for starters, surely."
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:16 am
Cornetified

Ceylinae gave a little nod of her head as she said, "Yeah, no problem." There was no reason not to praise her younger sister when she was able to pull off such an good throw. Walking forward she went to fetch her arrows from the board, looking them over, before she put them back in the quiver as well. Once they were all accounted for her attention returned to Pruu once more.

"Right here isn't bad... I just worry that our sisters will be weaker for it. Just standing around shooting at immobile targets, it's not enough given what we are dealing with. Not just the Dretch but other things as well, the glowy eyed weirdos and the other outsiders for instance." Her antennae gave a bit of a twitch, "I've gotten into a tussle with one of those glowy ones before... they're quite a pain to be sure though compared to the Dretch they're just whelps."

Tossing them off the island had been a goal for her before but now they were the last thing on their minds. In fact she wouldn't be surprised if the weaklings were all eaten by the Dretch before it was all over.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:38 pm
Pruu pursed her lips and glanced at the dummies. They were rather stagnant targets... "I am sure that there are ways we could make the grounds more accommodating to more complex training," she mused.

The mention of those with the glowing eyes made her snort. "The glowing filth have numbers, and that is all. The matron herself was.. alerted.. by the sight of just one Dretch. If anything, this should encourage our sisters to train harder. ..Perhaps it is best to learn new ways of training with such a new enemy at hand.."
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 am
Cornetified

Ceylinae gave a nod of her head as she rested her hands on her hips, looking around the area. How to make the place better for them... it was a difficult thing to think about because she'd never thought about how to figure things out on a large scale. Before this moment she only cared about her own training and that of Savage. She'd trained before with Naqenni while outside of the village but then again that was outside of town. Turning to look over at Pruu again she said, "I think the first thing we should do is figure out how to make some swinging targets. Hitting a moving target is a lot more difficult then a static one."

"Yeah... it will be nice to gather them all up and toss them off the island and into the ocean." To make the island their would be nice. They deserved a place in the world even though those across the ocean likely wouldn't see it that way. Their cousins who lived with them were one thing but those outside of Yael were another entirely. After a long moment of thought, her antennae twitching a bit, she looked over at Pruu and asked, "Have you tried climbing trees as a part of your training? You need upper body strength, agility, balance, and if it's a race up you need the ability to pick the right path on the fly. It's something I definitely suggest. Same with rock climbing... though that will have to wait since we're supposed to stay in the village."  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff