User ImageUser Image
(( #b83243 // darkcyan ))

Fish Bait and Endeavor had been trying for babies for so long, she was starting to wonder if one -or both- of them were incapable of conceiving. And then she started noticing she was gaining weight. Or at least was getting thicker about her middle, she didn't feel any heavier.

She'd rounded up Endeavor and told him, and gotten his help catching a shark. Not a big one, from snout to tail it wasn't longer than she was. Not that it wasn't a challenge, even small sharks have many teeth, and it took a bit to get it where a good stomp would knock it out. After that it was a simple matter of lashing it to a partially hollow log, the vines wrapped around and threaded through the hole so she could pull it. And off she went to find one of the Swamp's chosen. Leaving Endeavor with instructions for building a nest.

With no idea where to go she just followed the path and hoped she'd find a legendary, or someone to point her in the right way. And it wasn't long before she found someone, a grizzled old buck who looked like he'd come from the sea himself. "Hello, maybe you can help me?" she calls, hurrying her steps.

Fish Bones turns and smiles at her, "It would be my pleasure. A blessing, is it?" he replies.

Fish Bait stops, unsure how he knew. Unless.. unless he is a legendary? She'd never actually seen one, but surely one of the MotherFather's chosen would know when they are needed? "Yes, please and thank you. I brought you a shark, Endeavor helped me catch it. He's the father, and we've been trying for so long I just wanna be sure they'll be okay." she rambles out.

Fish Bones nods, understanding very well. "May your children be safe in all their adventures.' he says, smiling.

"Thank you. Thank you!" Fish Bait says, remembering just in time the vines binding her to the log, and the shark, and not jumping for joy. Wriggling out of the vines, she lays them out, to make it easier for the stag to gather them up. "Have a wonderful day, and enjoy your shark! Imma go tell Endeavor, bye!" she says with excitement, before turning to trot off.

Fish Bones gives a friendly chuckle, watching her go before gathering the vines and pulling his gift home. What was he gonna do with an entire shark?