Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Guiding Star, as usual, knew exactly where she was and exactly where she was going. She’d kept her directionally challenged brother close beside her the entire journey, even more so than she usually did. For she…!

Well, she’d managed to get herself a might bit pregnant, or at least she thought so. The moment she had realised she’d been off, she knew right where to go! Home. She was going to the famed and respected Mother’s Club, the place she’d been raised! Her mother hadn’t been the responsible type, though she had visited.

But yes! She was returning! Not that she’d uh, told anyone why. Not even the gorgeous maybe father-to-be. Not even her brother, who asked her at least twice a day. Stray Star never wavered at her haste though, he probably knew. He probably just wanted to hear her say it. Peh! She'd left him to wait with some old friends while she sought out the reason for her travels.

Guide wasn’t quite yet ready to be someone that would soon have children, a mother. She felt still a child herself! But Peep would know for sure, Peep would know what to do.

Ruriska
I saw your legendary thread, hope this is okay! <3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was always nice to see a familiar face, especially one brimming with new life. Peep was already turning towards the approaching Guiding Star, while continuing her conversation with her son. She urged him to move as she did and Quickening eagerly plodded along at her side.

“I know you’re nervous to do this on your own but I can’t be everywhere,” Peep assured Quickening. “There are so many children this season.” The amount of does arriving for help had the tribe run off their hooves. She’d never seen so many pregnant does and most of them were ready to drop at any moment. “You know all the right things to say, how to encourage breathing and when to chew on the herbs. I believe in you. I'll be at your side when you need me most.”

Quickening heaved a great sigh but nodded. “I will do my best. Thank you. I must attend to the mothers now.” They had reached Guiding Star and he nodded politely in her direction before trotting off to his duty.

Peep watched after him proudly but her attention was quick to return to Guiding Star. “Welcome home, darling,” she greeted, smiling with soft affection at a daughter returned to the tribe. One of her children, not of blood but of spirit, raised on the Mothers Club lands and then sent out into the wide world.

Stepping forward, Peep sought a gentle nose touch.

Araucana
Funnily enough I didn't get the quote, I just happened to check the guild and saw 'Peep' there and investigated. XD And of course it's okay! <333

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 pm
"It's good to be home!" Guiding Star told the beloved mare as she returned the gentle nose bump, careful not to let her bubbly excitement turn the affectionate greeting into a head butt. "It is so good to see you, Den Mother!"

The young doe was practically vibrating in place as she told Peep about her journeys since growing to mature age, travelling about, mapping out as much of the swamp in her mind as she could manage and then helping others traverse it. Quite the chatterbox was she, her words tumbling out until it came to recent events.

"Oh, and... uh..." Suddenly tongue tied, Guide couldn't quite decide how to describe her discoveries in intimacy, to one of her many mothers of all kin. So instead she blurted out a question instead. "Do you think I might be too young to be pregnant?" She hoped Peep caught her double meaning.

Ruriska
Ahaha lucky! Thank you <3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:45 am
Peep listened with clear delight, letting Guiding Star talk about her life with rapt interest, adding a ‘oh!’ or ‘ah! every now and then. She was patient; they could get to the true reason for the doe’s visit soon enough, and eventually they did. Guiding Star stumbled over her words and Peep smiled that warm secret smile, waited and - there it was!

The mare tilted her head and hummed softly. “I was very young when I had my first clutch. I met a Totoma and he was so very charming. It wasn’t long before I was pregnant and full of life, and Totoma young are certainly not small,” she told Guiding Star, remembering the feeling over her belly stretched so very big, weighing down her small body. “I was scared and everything hurt and I even could have died, yet here I am.

There is no too young or too old, you are strong and you will be ready when the time comes. You will make a good mother.” Peep smiled. “And besides, you will have the support of all those who love you.”

Araucana

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:10 am
“Oh wow!” Guiding Star responded in amazement to the story of Peep’s first clutch, the acha was so much smaller than her and yet had managed birthing totoma foals even! It made her consider that her own clutch was unlikely to be so challenging, the father was kimeti like herself. She’d birth all sacs, maybe an egg or two if their mixed kiokote or acha heritage shone through. She could handle that, probably.

She grinned at Peep’s praise and reminder that she had the tribe behind her, as it had always been, when she need them. “Thank you, you’re right.”

Her children already had everything they’d need, right here with her and her extended family waiting for them. There was just one more thing.

“Ah-” She wasn’t quite sure how to ask, she knew logically there was no need to feel awkward, she’d known Peep all her life. But she’d never really thought of Peep’s formal status as a legendary kin. At most: Den Mother, mother to all, mother to her. “Just having you here to see them grow would be enough,” She began. “But could I also ask for your blessing?”

Ruriska

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 am
Even so many years on, Peep could still remember her fears clawing at her chest, the pain that threatened to split her in two. It had been a gentle doe that had come with herbs and kind words, that had helped her through in the end and Peep had been determined to be there for every mother she could.

"If you want me there when the time comes, you will not feel a thing," Peep promised. It was the gift that she had been given. The power to gives mothers an easy and painless birth.

The legendary laughed softly, delighted. Of course, Guiding Star would have received her blessing without being asked but she appreciated the polite request. "But of course," she said. “May they be healthy and sound of mind, with strong and loving hearts." The words arrived with a shiver and a little extra glow to her eyes. "That should do nicely."

Araucana

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas