Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KewpieMayor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:29 pm
XX

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:49 pm
User ImageName: Berlin Reilly

Bio: Berlin was born to a young single mother that worked long hours at the local bakery to make ends meet. As a child, he would leave school to do homework and read quietly behind the counter as she manned the shop. He knew from the very beginning that if he wished to make something of himself, he'd have to put in the work and stand out. Growing up he went to educational camps during summer vacation, took online courses, and received tutoring for all his weak courses all thanks to his mother's hard work. Even though he worried he was using up the little money they had she always denied it was an issue by saying, "I want you to have all the opportunities I never did."
It all culminated on a Friday this past winter, when he received a letter from the Redwood Boarding School– an acceptance to attend with a full-ride scholarship to one of the top private schools in the country. Berlin replied that same day. This could be the opportunity that would open all doors for him from here on.

Likes: Sourdough bread, physics, petting strangers' dogs, venturing into the woods, suspense novels.

Dislikes: Hot weather, dirty snow, seafood, gym class, the smell of beer.

X

Akisuko
Let me know if you want to change the boarding school name! It's more of a placeholder right now

KewpieMayor

akisuko

Demonic Associate

8,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xx ᴋᴏʙᴇ ᴀᴋɪʏᴀᴍᴀ
xxx Age:17

xxxBio:Kobe wasn't brought up like most kids. As a child, his parents were almost always too preoccupied with work to give him much attention. Thanks to that factor, he was often left to his own devices, which didn't turn out too well in his case. Without the proper discipline from his parents, he did as he pleased as he got older. He doesn't give much consideration into his actions and does as he pleases. That makes many people ask how he managed to get into such a high ranking boarding school. The simple answer is due to the fact that the job his parents were so preoccupied in was the running of said boarding school. Thanks to that he was given free acceptance into the school even with his not so pretty grades and habits. Though as graduation draws near, his parents are seeming to wonder what may happen to their child if things don't change. Kobe couldn't care less. Being rich and popular was all he wanted and that's exactly what he had, so why worry?

xxxLikes:Partying, Smoking, sour things, Sleeping, Stiring up trouble, concerts

xxxDislikes:Attending class, being told what to do, akward silence, books, sweets

[[Hope this okay! Lemme know if you seek improvement anywhere XD Oh think the name will be fine for now. ]]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:41 am
User Image

It was definitely easier said than done. As Berlin woke up it took him a couple seconds to realize today was the day he had awaited for so long. He had boarded the train
yesterday evening with two large suitcases betting he would be able to get some sleep on aboard before arriving to Redwood, where he would be living for the next couple of years. Saying
goodbye to his mother had been bitter– it was his first time leaving for such a long time and her first time saying goodbye to her only son. A heavy blanked of tiredness draped over him as he
fumbled to get comfortable in his seat seat, luckily the seat next to his was now empty. Looking around he noticed in fact most seats on the train were: not many people took a train this far. Berlin
stood up to stretch his legs and reached for his water bottle, tucked in the seat pocket in front of him. He plucked some cash from his backpack and walked took a walk in between train cars
to reach the concession stand.

And old man, sat reading a magazine behind the counter. Berlin cleared his throat to get his attention with no avail, "excuse me" he tried. The old man looked up at him and sighed
"how can I help you?" Berlin pointed to the muffins on one side of the stand "can I get a blueberry muffin and small coffee please?" He watched quietly as the old man slowly moved
over to start the coffee machine, grab the pastry, collect the one-serving cream and sugar, and pour the brewed drink into a small styrofoam cup. Berlin then exchanged a couple bills for some
coins in change and walked back to his seat. As he slid in, the train took a sharp turned, causing him to spill hot coffee over his hand. The boy hissed in pain but didn't exclaim, he simply wiped off
the hot drink with his single napkin.

•••

Once at the station he walked over to the exit, where he spotted to taxis parked out front. Berlin walked over to the one parked in front and leaned over to the height of the window "excuse me,
can you take me to Redwood?"
The driver looked at him and nodded slightly "I'm only allowed to go to the front
gate but I'll take you." The boy dragged his suitcases to the back of the car and lugged them onto the trunk, shutting it close.

The drive was longer than he expected, although he could tell when they were close by the row of redwood trees that lined the road from a certain point on. "Alright, that's the gate" the
driver said, slowing down as they approached tall black metal gates. Shiny black cars came in and out with ease, but only student's families were allowed past this point. Berlin handed
the man some crumpled bills to pay his fair and retrieves his luggage, dragging it uphill all the way from the gate to the entrance of the school as cars drove past him. By the time he reached the
main entrance his arms were sore from pulling dead weight. He looked around and noticed all the parents bidding goodbye to their children in sports jackets and kitten heels. Most of the
luggage was leather-bound, the air was tinted with cigarette smoke and expensive perfume, and most other students had their uniforms already. Berlin suddenly felt self-conscious
of his jeans and his plastic suitcases– until now, it hadn't really hit him that he'd stand out for the first time in his life, and for all the wrong reasons.

User Image

Akisuko
I took a shot at a first post but if there's anything that needs tweaking I'm happy to go back!

KewpieMayor

akisuko

Demonic Associate

8,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:54 pm

xx ᴋᴏʙᴇ ᴀᴋɪʏᴀᴍᴀ
xxx "N-No Way!" A small, frail boy said in a quivering tone. His response was taken as unacceptable and the grip on the collar of his shirt was tightened. "Oh, you're telling me of all people no? You must not know w-" Kobe's loud-toned voice was brought to a sudden stop when a figure approaching him caught his eye. He glanced over and let out a loud over exaggerated sigh as he released the boy's collar from his grasp. The boy stumbled backward, almost falling back against the brick wall behind him before regaining his balance and fleeing the scene as fast as possible. Kobe was irritated that he was interrupted but he couldn't hold the most solid of arguments with the person who approached him. "Miss newly elected student body president? What honor do I have in meeting you here?" He said in a teasing manner as a smirk tugged at the corners of his lips. The girl wasn't even close to being a stranger. Maya was a childhood friend of Kobe since their parents were always together discussing work related things since the two were young. She always had the desire to ruin any of Kobe's plans for fun. He only could see it as an evil hobby of hers. Maya furrowed her brows and crossed her arms at the others remark. "Why are you causing trouble on the first day, Kobe?" She asked in a stern tone. Kobe rolled his eyes, "I was in the middle of getting that new kid to do my assignments for me for the semester. Before I was interrupted that is." He responded as he pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, placing it between his lips. The girl narrowed her eyes. "Do you have an ounce of academic integrity in you?" She asked in a disappointed tone before taking the cigarette from Kobe's lips. "No underage smoking on campus." She said before she started to walk away, "Anyways, I came to tell you that your parents requested your presence in their office." She finally stated before turning to take her leave, throwing away the cigarette in a trash can on her way. Kobe watched silently before scoffing. What the hell did his parents want already?

-

Kobe wasted no time in making himself comfortable in the fancy cushioned chair that sat across from the principal's desk. Being in the principal's office wasn't an uncommon place for Kobe one bit, especially when the said principal is your father. On top of that, his mother was the assistant principal and they worked to run this place together as superintendents. That fact gave Kobe a ton more freedoms than most students. He wasn't close to having the grades needed to go to this school but that wasn't a problem in his special case. His parents wouldn't dare kick him out so he did as he pleased. Other students resented Kobe for this, but more than often they would want to be his friend. Not only did they want to get in good with the principal's son, but Kobe wasn't the most friendly guy and no one wanted to be on his bad side. Especially knowing he could do almost anything he wanted and get away with it.
"Kobe we need to talk about your grades." Kobe's mother said as she made her way to sit on the side of the large desk. His father sat silently behind the desk with a more than serious expression. "And what about them?" Kobe responded in a tone that he hoped would express how bad he rather be doing something else than dealing with this. "Your grades from the past couple of years have been far from acceptable. You do know we don't have the power to just slide you into a high ranking college like we did for this school, right?" She said crossing her arms. "So we've decided to step in and make an arrangement for you." Kobe wasn't necessarily listening to her talk but he did seem to tune in just in time to hear about an arrangement. He opened his mouth to speak but his mother held up her index finger to stop him. 'tsk' He leaned back in his chair with an uninterested expression. "We've decided to room you with another student this year. We scouted this boy and offered him a full ride scholarship to attend. He's a very bright boy and we find he'll be the best to help influence your grades and behavior." She said all while keeping a calm and quiet tone which was just the opposite of the one Kobe used for his response. "Hell no! He yelled as he made his way to his feet. "Kobe." His father chimed in with a stern and demanding tone. Kobe sucked in a sharp breath before slowly sitting down again. "I've always got a room to myself. This is ridiculous." He said throwing up his hands in frustration. This was the worst thing that could have happened on his first day. Having to share a room with some kid who was probably only able to attend on scholarship? The thought made him scoff as he shook his head. "I know you're upset Kobe, but this is the best for you and your future." His mother stated seeing the boy's evident distress. Kobe was completely set on arguing more but his father stood up which silenced his. "Now Kobe, it's the first day and we have a lot to do so go along." He said grabbing a key and index card from his desk and handing it to Kobe. "Heres the key to your room. The card has the room number on it along with your room mates name." He said as Kobe took the key and index card. He stood up in preparation to leave but his mother hopped up and grabbed his shoulders before kissing his cheek. "Have a good first day, honey. I put your new uniform on your bed." She said with a smile before sending him off.

-

The hall that had Kobe's new room in it was flooded with people like he assumed it would be. The first days were always hectic but Kobe almost never had to worry about it since he had usually had a private room away from the rest. He shoved the past abundant mass of people in an attempt to find his room. When he finally made it he quickly entered and shut the door behind him. "Damn I need a smoke." He said with a sigh as he ran his fingers through his hair in a stressed manner. He looked around the room and instantly sighed in annoyance. Sure it was nice seeing what kind of school this was but that didn't mean he was okay with not having better. Though it was a pretty big room, probably categorized in the few rooms that were more expensive to house in. It had lots of space, two beds, a decent sized bathroom and even a kitchen with a table for dining. At least his parents were kind enough to give him the best of the worst. Though it put a sour taste in his mouth knowing he had to share it with some kid. He looked over at one of the beds which had a few suitcases on it piled on it. which he identified as his. His mother must have requested them to be brought here. They were filled with all his clothes and necessities. He moved them onto the floor by his bed so he could get to his uniform which laid out perfectly and un wrinkled. He didn't really wanna put on the uniform but it was a requirement for the student orientation that took place in about an hour. Kobe sighed before stripping from his black name brand named graphic tee. His body was in pretty good shape, to say the least. He tried the best to work out and go running when he had the chance and it showed on his abs. He threw the shirt on the floor by the bed which for sure was the beginning of his habit to be quite messy. When the shirt fell on the ground so did the index card which was in his pocket. He kneeled down and picked up the card. He nearly forgot he had it or what was on it. His eyes scanned the words on the card before he parted his lips to speak. "Berlin Reilly." He mumbled seeing the name of his room mate to be. His name already sounded lame just like anyone who got into this kind of school on a scholarship would be. God, could this year really get any worse.

ChewingGumBomb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:24 pm
User Image

Berlin stuck his hand in his front pocket to find a copy of the last letter he had received during the correspondence regarding his admission– it contained succinct instructions on how to retrieve his key and uniform. The administration had kindly offered to provide a set of the school uniform to get him started, all he had to do was retrieve it at the student office in the East Wing along with his room keys. This news had come as a relief at the time, given that he’d already had to invest in a train ticket, his school text books, and new bedding for his new life. He folded the letter and tucked it away in his pocket, scanning his surroundings for a sign to point him in the right direction. He didn’t spot one, but he did catch two younger female students eyeing his suitcase and shoes with a confused look as if wondering what fundraiser he was representing. Berlin’s cheeks glowed red with embarrassment as he tugged at his luggage, briskly making his way in any direction that would take him away from scrutiny. Unfortunately, nothing was running smoothly for him this morning. The wheels of his bags kept getting stuck in the cobblestone making it hard to act natural while looking for this godforsaken East Wing. The feeling side of his brain suggested he ditch his things and carry on with his search, but his thinking side knew his entire livelihood was packed away in the two polyester burdens. The boy suddenly paused as he saw a student walk his way with a shiny set of keys in his hand– the big glasses on his face and meek slightly hunched posture paired together for an approachability that Berlin desperately needed right now. “Hey, sorry to bother. Can you point me toward the office? I was told that’s where I could pick up my keys...” The spectacled boy took a moment to realize he was being addressed, but nodded in response, “oh, yeah. It’s past this arch down the hall to the right, second door to the– wait are you new?” Berlin nodded. “Huh… we haven’t had someone new in a while, transfers usually happen earlier on. Come on, I’ll just walk you to the office, you can leave your bags anywhere nothing will happen to them.” Berlin agreed, realizing his things were in fact safe– there was nothing in those suitcases anyone here would be interested in taking: no matter how precious they were to him, none of it had any actual value. He followed his new acquaintance down a well-lit path, up some stairs, and towards a large room where a few other students crowded in front of a desk. “This is it, you just have to show them your student ID. I have to catch my parents before they head out so I have to go unfortunately.” Berlin smiled and nodded, “thanks, I guess I’ll see you around…” his tone dwindled, noticing they had never actually introduced each other “I’m Berlin by the way” he added, offering his hand. The spectacled boy shook it with a cheery expression “that’s right, I almost forgot. I’m Jonah– I'm sure I'll see you around.”

Berlin stood waiting for his turn patiently, feeling good about making a good first encounter– it made him more comfortable in this new environment already. “Good morning, ID please” said a woman in a brown cardigan behind the desk, looking directly at him with sharp brown eyes. He returned the greeting and handed her his brand new student ID, watching as she input some information into the computer. “Looks like you have a package, hold on please” she said without making eye contact before hurrying to a back room and returning with a glossy black box and a room key labeled with his name as well as his roommate’s. “Here you go, room 300. Central staircase, four flights up, on the hallway to your right. The welcome assembly starts at ten sharp” before Berlin could register the directions she had moved on to the next student “good morning, ID please.” Berlin walked back to his suitcases, placing the box on top of one of them in such a way that it wouldn’t fall as he tugged them back to the main entrance of the building. He timidly walked past students in the main lobby until he spotted a wide welcoming staircase with lavish detail– the central staircase. Berlin excitedly picked up the pace and reached the first step, but his enthusiasm was shot when he put two and two together: he would have to pull up his luggage up four flights of stairs. He sighed, turned to face his bags, grabbed the handles, tilted them, and began to walk up the stairs backwards as he pulled them up step by step. This was clearly designed for those with servants who could do the physical labor for them. People walking up and down alongside gave him looks but didn’t stop to question him or offer help. He privately wondered how a school so wealthy couldn’t afford an elevator, was it really worth preserving the original architecture at the expense of his lower back? After what felt like an eternity of dragging himself up the stairs, and periodically stopping to nervously eye his watch, he finally reached the top of the fourth flight. Even though it was a brisk morning, the effort of reaching the third floor rose his body heat to the point where a couple beads of sweat started to form at his forehead. Berlin took a second to catch his breath and remove his light blue hoodie, sporting a plain white t-shirt underneath, before continuing down the hall looking for his designated room.

The number 300 stared back at him with two golden zeros bolted onto the smooth surface. He could have uttered a Hail Mary at this point. The key fit into the lock with refreshing ease as Berlin opened the door to a beautiful room neatly arranged to fit two students, kitchen and all. This room was beyond everything he had imagined. His eyes would have been drawn to the glorious view of a redwood forest in the back if it weren’t for the attention-hogging presence of his perfectly toned shirtless roommate standing in the middle. Berlin swallowed hard before his overriding need to cause a good first impression took over, “good morning, I’m Berlin. You must be Kobe” he guessed with a his best genuine smile, pulling his suitcases into the room and setting them by the empty bed. He took the glossy black box in his hands and opened it to check it was indeed his uniform, wanting to change into it badly. “It’s a really nice room, huh?” the boy commented trying to make conversation.

User Image

Akisuko

KewpieMayor

akisuko

Demonic Associate

8,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:57 pm

xx ᴋᴏʙᴇ ᴀᴋɪʏᴀᴍᴀ
xxx Without giving any thought into his actions, Kobe pursed his lips and threw away the note card in his hand. How annoying. This whole situation was a huge annoyance as of right now and he would rather not have started off the year with such a negative event. He needed to think of something that might let him get out of this horrid situation. Maybe sweet talking his mother would work. Though, she was still mad about the time Kobe came home drunk about a week ago. Ever since then he had really been hassling him about making better choices. Like hell some kid was gonna come in and change that. Speaking of the kid, where the hell was he?
Probably never been to such a nice before, maybe he got overwhelmed and passed out. Who knows. All he knew was who ever the hell 'Berlin' was, he was gonna be a huge pain in the a**. Kobe grimaced at the thought before deciding to worry about these things later.

He officially broke out of thought when he heard the sound of the door being unlocked before it opened. Oh geez and here it begins. He thought with a sour expression before the door even opened enough to reveal who was on the other side. To none of his surprise, it revealed to be a boy that was about his age. Though, that wasn't the thing that gave it away to him that this boy, in particular, was in fact Berlin. It was the appearance of the boy. The boy couldn't look more out of place. His clothes were far from like the rest of everyone else, his bags were also far from what Kobe would consider allowable and just his overall presence was dissimilar from the vibes this place had. You could definitely tell he was attending off scholarship just at a mere glance. This kid looked like he was gonna be more of a pain than intended. Kobe found himself just staring at the boy even as he was spoken to. It was strange how even though his visual appearance clothing wise was poor, his eyes were drawn to the others face for some reason. It seemed too different than the rest of him. More his tastes per say. Kobe quickly shook the thought from his head. He definitely shouldn't have such thoughts at a time like this. It did take him a few minutes though to register that he was being spoken to. The voice of the other rang through his ears causing Kobe to furrow his brows. "Yea that's me." He responded in a completely uninterested tone as he looked at the boy up and down. He thought for a moment coming off as rude may be alittle much but then again maybe he could scare away the boy. The idea interested him about a moment before pushing it aside. It wouldn't be easy to explain to his parents why such a smart student just up and left due to him. He sighed and turned back around to finish putting on his uniform. He paused for a moment when he heard the boy speak again, contemplating whether or not he wanted to respond. After a moment or two, he parted his lips to speak, "Well, It's fine I guess." He said as he slipped on the undershirt of his uniform. "Though, I'm used to much better." He said with a purposely cocky tone, looking over at the other boy from the corner of his eye.

ChewingGumBomb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:24 am
User Image

Berlin certainly wasn’t expecting his assigned roommate to be a soulmate of sorts that he would stay up late talking to, open up to in unexpected ways to, or even spend much time together outside of resting hours. However, he didn’t expect to receive a pushback so early on. Kobe’s voice had a comforting depth to it that contrasted his tone, it was a contradiction that left Berlin both cautious and wanting to keep tossing more conversation at him. His eyes fixated on the box in front of him, his hand moved to unravel an impossibly soft black wool sweater with deep red detailing and a school crest sewed onto the breast. It even smelled nice. His expression was plain as he inspected the garment– the quality of this single sweater was much nicer than anything he owned. That mere thought brought on a wave of insecurity that culminated what had been building up all morning: he didn’t belong here, and knowing it made him instinctively want to turn around and leave. His expression sunk into sadness for a brief moment, knowing that simple things such as finding the money to buy a second uniform set would be an uphill battle. He was so lost in thought he forgot about the stunning set of bare abs across the room from him… until he looked back at Kobe just in time to catch him pulling on an undershirt.

“I'm used to much better,” Berlin mentally scoffed at Kobe’s reply, pinning it as the stereotypical ungratefulness of a rich kid who’s never had to work for something in life. At this moment it didn’t matter if his hormones were jumping at the sight of this guy’s toned body, his attitude towards life as encompassed in that response was enraging. Berlin hated that all his suspicions about this school were true: everyone he’d meet, regardless of how nice they were, had no reference of the real world and what it’s like to have to fight tooth nail to make it out there. He looked at his roommate with a raised eyebrow feeling a sarcastic response form in his head and escape out his mouth before he could stop it “no you’re right, how does the administration expect anyone to live in anything beneath the epitome of luxury?” he spewed.

Realizing what he had just said, Berlin bit the inside of his cheek. This was no way to start a relationship with his roommate– even if Kobe wasn’t welcoming towards him, there was no reason to inspire the boy to hate him. He set the box down and moved to lay one of his suitcases down so he could search for his toiletries and clean underwear, a whole night sleeping on a train without a change of clothes warranted a shower even if the assembly clocked in very soon. As Berlin dug into his belongings looking for some shampoo he decided it was best if he simply bit the bullet and attempted to take it back. He sighed, sanding up and facing Kobe “I’m sorry, that was rude” he admitted. Apologies were never easy but this time he had really stuck his foot in his mouth.

User Image

Akisuko

KewpieMayor

akisuko

Demonic Associate

8,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:07 pm

xx ᴋᴏʙᴇ ᴀᴋɪʏᴀᴍᴀ
xxx God, just how much of an annoyance could this kid manage to be. As of right now, he was the reason Kobe couldn't be lazing around in his own room right now. Well maybe it wasn't exactly his fault...but Kobe needed someone to blame other than himself so why not blacken the next best option. And it wasn't like he had himself to blame, so what if he went out partying, drinking and smoking. Didn't all teenagers? Well, maybe not ALL of them he thought as he looked at the other out the corner of his eye. He looked like some prude, someone who wouldn't waste a moment to report Kobe if he ever drank or smoked in the room. Maybe he was already in some pact with Kobe's parents? After all, he was here with the purpose to be a positive influence. Or maybe he hadn't even spoken to Kobe's parents yet. He groaned at the thoughts before shaking them all away. How annoying.

Kobe couldn't help but look the other from the corner of his eye when he had the chance to. Sure Berlin was the definition of average but something about him really managed to catch his eye. Maybe it was his more feminine face and small, fragile build. Maybe if Berlin was a girl, this whole situation wouldn't be so bad. Before he had a chance to let his mind wander, the other boy's words made their way to his ears. Kobe paused and turned to face the boy, his face transitioning into a scowl. Who the hell did this kid think he was talking to? Now he could find his assumption that the other did not know his parents quite yet was true. And if he did know his parents, he must not know that Kobe was their son. If he did, he definitely might think twice before saying such things. Kobe pursed his lips before turning back around to face away from the boy. "Not like someone whos only here because of a scholarship would understand." He said in a half murmur, not really caring if the other heard him or not. What a shame things seemed to be going negatively so far. Though, Kobe wasn't anticipating any of this to go smoothly whats so ever. He also wasn't making much of an attempt to smooth things over. He was more of the type to simmer over matters instead of turning down the heat.

Kobe who was mentally pouting over the whole situation continued to put on his uniform. Completely unimpressed by the uniform since this wasn't the first or last time he'd be wearing one like it. He just wanted to hurry up and put it on so he'd have time to get out of here before the assembly. The air in here was tense and awkward and he just wanted to go outside and smoke. Though, he didn't want his uniform to reek of cigarette smoke so soon and then get found out by his parents for instance. He was taken away from his thoughts when the awkward silence of the room was filled with the other voice. It was softer this time. He turned slightly to look at the other as he apologized. That was unexpected, then again he was just some soft kid who was probably too scared to get on anyone's bad side. Kobe nodded slightly in acceptance of the apology but still turned back around just to give a blatant response. "Fine." He said responded in a more calm time as well. He could admit that apologizing wasn't something he wanted to do so maybe he could try to avoid it. After all, he wasn't sorry, but he couldn't easily hold up an argument when Berlin gave such an honest expression. It made it a whole lot easier for Kobe to bite his tongue, it wasn't impossible though. "I'm sure once you find out who I am, you'll be apologizing a lot more." He said still keeping his cocky attitude though. Just cause the kid gave a cute expression and apology didn't mean he was gonna like him all of a sudden. He wasn't lying either. Once the other found out who Kobe was when it came to his parents, maybe he'd be able to convince the kid that the had the power to decide how long-lived his life at this school would be. Kobe obviously had no such power considering his parent's intentions but Berlin didn't have to know that. Maybe this could even be fun if Kobe played his cards right.

ChewingGumBomb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:44 pm
User Image

Despite the fact Kobe’s response wasn’t exactly forgiving, he felt a sense of relief. At least the situation hadn’t escalated, his roommate didn’t love him but then again he wasn’t trying to go after him. If he was able to keep things civil from now on he hoped there wouldn’t be any more trouble in this room at least. He kicked his bag further towards the wall, unconsciously clustering all of his belongings into a corner. Berlin’s expression switched from pleading to worrisome when Kobe gave him an open-ended warning: was he one of those ‘all bark but no bite’ type of guys, or was there a terrifying truth to what he was implying? The indigo-eyed boy bit his tongue, this time literally, to ensure to further stupidity escaped his mouth. He simply nodded to signal he understood, and retreated into the bathroom with his toiletries in hand. He closed the door behind him and glanced at his watch as he took it off to shower– 9:24, he still had a chance to make it to the assembly on time.

Their shared bathroom was just as spectacular as the room: the impeccable white tiling, large shower, and gentle smell of gardenias made him feel like he could hide in there forever. He leaned in to turn on the hot water and then looked around hoping to find a towel, which he spotted neatly folded on a shelf by the sink. Berlin took the top towel, incredulous to how soft it was to his touch, and hung it up by the entrance to the shower. The water began to steam. The boy turned on some cold water to balance out a good temperature and began shampooing his hair with his eyes closed, his mind still stuck in the conversation he that had just taken place with his roommate. Who was Kobe and why was he so confident Berlin would cower at his status? The boy thought back to the label attached to his keys and spoke the name slowly in a whisper, “Kobe Akiyama.” Akiyama… Akiyama… Holy s**t. Akiyama. His eyes instantly opened and he let out a gasp. Images of all the letter he had received this summer flashed through his head, he could picture the signature so clearly it might as well have been engraved on the tiling in front of him. “Ah, f**ck” the sudden burning in his eye from the shampoo that made its way into it distracted the thought for a moment as he rinsed his face thoroughly.

His eye fluttered open again, the burning sensation washed out. Berlin held his head in disbelief: he has just sassed the son of the two people making this entire scheme possible for him. He had just played hacky sack with his entire life on the very first day of being in this place. He took some liquid soap and squeezed it into his hand. How could he be this stupid? The boy knew really needed to get himself in check if he wanted to make it out of here in one piece. Berlin hurriedly scrubbed off, listing off a new set of personal rules for himself. No more attitude. No more sarcasm. No more establishing his own person. Just school. Just focus on school and everything will be okay. He had never once been in trouble with an authority figure, if he just applied that kind of diligence and correctness towards his roommate he could probably finish without causing any trouble. Hell, if Kobe asked him to make him a sandwich he’d make sure it was a damn good one.

Berlin shut off the shower feeling a lot better about being clean. He finally felt like he was ready to start the day and get to know his new school, maybe even get ahead on a few textbook chapters this afternoon. He dried off with the towel and slipped on some clean boxers, heading back into the room to put on his uniform. “You’re right Akiyama,” he began as he buttoned his pants “your parents were gracious enough to have me. I should keep that in mind” his words came out heavy, he felt resistance from his pride holding him back from kissing a**. He was a top-tier student, he had been hand-selected for his performance, his work had received constant praise by academic professionals: he had not come here to be bullied into submission by his really cute dorm mate- by his dorm mate. Berlin shook his head slightly at the intrusive thought. That was a whole other issue to keep in check– he couldn’t go around lusting after this guy, there was no time to get hormonal with all the work ahead of him. There was no room for distractions.

User Image

Akisuko

KewpieMayor

akisuko

Demonic Associate

8,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 pm

xx ᴋᴏʙᴇ ᴀᴋɪʏᴀᴍᴀ
xxx

Kobe seemed to be surrounded by a thick aura of irritation almost as if the feeling was practically radiating off of him. And it wasn't like he had any intent on hiding it either. He pretty much made that as clear as could be with his tone of voice when speaking to Berlin. Though he did note that the boy was no longer responding after he gave his 'threat.' Even though it really couldn't be considered as such since there was no way Kobe could back it up to actually be treating. Well to his knowledge at least and probably soon to be that of his new roommates. He was taken from his thoughts when he saw the newly said roommate nod to his statement in what seemed to be in agreeance. How boring. To align in agreeance so fast was averagely the response Kobe received in most endeavors. Though he thought this kid may be a tad bit different seeing the attitude he gave earlier now he only gave silence to the air. He could, for now, assume that this silence was only due to the new atmosphere of the place and the first impression of intimidation given by Kobe. Maybe the kid was liable to rebel a tad bit more attitude wise the more the two would be stuck in this room together. The would most likely be a whole lot more fun than the act of compliance.

Kobe watched Berlin make his way to the bathroom. Once the boy was out of the room he let out a loud exhale filled with relief. The awkward tension that was piling upon itself in the room was thinning. It was true that it was bound to return once the other came back but for now Kobe would enjoy it. He whipped out his phone, leaned back on his bed and scrolled through the bundle of messages he had received throughout this whole event that he hadn't had time to pay mind to. One message caught his eye though. "A welcoming party?" He said in a mumble as he leaned up to the read the whole message. Well, the term welcoming party was used in terms of a party for both new and returning students. Though it wasn't as casual as its name implied. It was student-run and under the nose of the faculty. That, of course, meant there would be alcohol and most likely some people smoking nothing that was considered legal. These parties were usually better than most seeing as to how they were run by teens with more money than they knew what to do with. It was most likely at some rented out venue with expensive alcohol. Smirking to himself, Kobe felt a bolt of excitement surge through him for a for a moment. Hanging out with friends and getting borderline wasted sounded like the perfect remedy to soothe what was already turning out to be such a rough day. He paused. Wait. If he was gone all night, and the new kid was in cahoots with Kobe's parents....there was no way he wouldn't get found out. He paced around for a moment trying to think of some sort of way to work around that. And then that's when it hit him.

Before he had time to bask in his marvelous thought, Kobe was startled by the sound of someone saying his name. Turning, he looked at the figure which had spoken to him. Of course, it was Berlin, but instead of looking at his face as he spoke, Kobe's gaze sat shamelessly on the boy's body. How petite, he thought. he'd definitely find himself going after this boy if the circumstances were to have been different. He quickly shook the thoughts from his head he looked up at the boys face. The boy's words had him sigh in annoyance. So Berlin did know who Kobe was in relation to the school's staff. Not like he hadn't ever heard the kiss-assing before. "Yea, Yea. Anyways." He started, quickly throwing the boys words to the wind, all ready to put his big plan into action. "Sure, I was rude as well. To make it up to you I would like to take you somewhere tonight." He said, saying the first part through grit teeth. He was trying his absolute hardest to sound genuine and not like he was scheming something, which he in fact was. The only way he was gonna get to go to the party and not get ratted out was to drag this kid with him. There was no way the boy was gonna be willing to sell himself out just to bring Kobe down. Though this type of kid was not the type you'd see at these parties. He'd probably be more out of his element than ever. But due to the selfish mindset of Kobe, he could care less. Besides he wouldn't dare tell the boy that he wanted to bring him somewhere where there would be alcohol and drunk teens. He'd probably faint. For now, he'd pretend to be nice and take the boy out then maybe slip him some alcohol later on. That was a consideration for later. "It's a small get together to celebrate the new students that managed to get into the school." He said supporting his words with a nod as if that made it true.

ChewingGumBomb
SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG! School and work are seriously killing me and my free time crying

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:56 am
User Image

Berlin worked on fixing the collar of his shirt over his sweater to make sure he didn’t look shoddy when he suddenly felt Kobe’s touch and flinched at the unexpected closeness. His hands were warm, his touch surprisingly gentle for a threat, and he could smell a hint of burnt tobacco lingering on his fingers. It made sense on him, he had that easy confidence usual to smokers. From above he could feel those icy orbs holding his gaze, draping over all the noises and voices coming from behind the door to focus his attention on the menace at hand. Berlin froze, realizing he had unwittingly played with his roommate’s patience and learning very quickly that he wasn’t one to ask twice. He half-expected the other’s hand to travel from his chin to grip his neck into asphyxiation for being such an insolent ******** so early in the morning. Kobe’s voice sounded like leather as he explained he hadn’t really inviting him– he had demanded his presence nicely. It now made sense, he could tell such a kind invitation from someone like him was out of character even though he had only met him less than an hour ago.

The word ‘obedience’ caused Berlin’s eyebrows to knot and his bite to clench, was this guy seriously expecting him to behave like a trained dog? Berlin didn’t respond well to that kind of pressure; he had too much pride to let himself be bossed into going to gatherings he wasn’t comfortable attending. He didn’t want to go, he could use the time to study instead, and even if that wasn’t the case the mere fact that he was being forced to be a certain way was enough to make him want to pry in the opposite direction. To be fair, Akiyama had the leverage to do so. Nonetheless, it was taking every fiber in his body to hold back from spitting daggers even though he knew talking back would only lead him to either get expelled or get knocked to the ground.

The warm touch left his chin. Berlin’s eyes thinned into an angry expression and his breath huffed “I’ll go.” He had to admit that it was a little strange, he could sense something was about to take place tonight– he had been quick to get Kobe to dislike him, so why was he insisting on having him around? If he were in his shoes he’d rather keep their interaction to the minimum and living his best, most fun, handsomest life free of his nerdy roommate. Was he planning on enslaving him into refilling his water all night? Was he going to trade him for a pack of cigarettes? Was he planning on putting an end to him and hiding the body in the redwood forest? At least he wouldn’t have to wonder for much longer, he’d know exactly what hellish fate he was being dragged to in twelve hours or so. He was a man of his word (sometimes).

Berlin took a step back from Akiyama and then turned towards the door, placing his hand on the handle and turning it, but pausing before opening it to exit. He looked at Kobe with a grin “I will say, it’s a little creepy how much you want me to come out with you tonight.” With that he slipped out the door and shut it behind him, quickly snaking around the crowd of students herding to the assembly in hopes of hiding amongst them. It was a cheap shot at claiming the last word, but he wasn’t stupid enough to hang around waiting for Kobe to exit their room and put him in his place.

User Image

Akisuko
Yeah hopefully it'll fizzle out soon once you turn thing in! BTW... if you feel like a timeskip to the end of the day is needed sometime soon feel free to include it emotion_yatta

KewpieMayor

akisuko

Demonic Associate

8,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:45 pm

xx ᴋᴏʙᴇ ᴀᴋɪʏᴀᴍᴀ
xxx

Kobe watched Berlin dress himself in a state of awkwardness. Switching his hard gaze back and forth between the messages on his phone and boy who was working on no longer being half-naked. Telling from his thin and petite body type, Berlin probably wouldn't be able to hold up a fight if his life depended on it. Kobe, on the other hand, had a pretty good muscle build dispursed across his body. He worked out on the regular and at pretty well. The only unhealthy thing about him was his habit to smoke and occasionally drinking. But hey, don't all teens? Maybe not..But point being, he figured the only attack the other would use on him would verbal if any. Not that violence was on his mind or anything. Kobe didn't manage to get into many fights around campus consider many students here didn't desire to scrap with the principal's son in fear if getting expelled. He was taken from his thought when he looked up to other as he began to speak.

Kobe was trying his hardest to hold in the most annoyed groan that he'd ever felt coming up. God, of course, Berlin wouldn't make this easy. Why couldn't he just agree without all this rebuttal? It's not like Kobe wanted to have to have Berlin tag along with him. In fact, He was already sure it was gonna be insanely embarrassing to have some poor new kid tagging along with him. Besides, Berlin should feel honored to have someone like Kobe asking him to join him to a party. And it wasn't like anyone would mess with him at the party if he really was up Kobe's a** the whole time like he suspected he would be. Kobe sighed before crossing his arms, trying even harder trying not to seem as annoyed as he really was. "No no it's fine really. I'm sure everyone would be glad to meet you." He said trying to sound as convincing as possible and from the sound of Berlin's responses, he was believing it pretty well so far. Also, he could tell his suspicions of the other boy being socially awkward were also true.

He rolled his eyes at the boy's continuous attempts to not agree. This is why he was never nice about anything, it never got him anywhere. He paused hearing the footsteps outside of the room before looking at the time. He didn't have to time to keep up the act and prolonged convincing. Fine, if he wasn't gonna just take the easy route then maybe it was time to break out plan b. He sighed once more before finally making his way to his feet and tossing his phone on his bed. Berlin seemed preoccupied with his thoughts so Kobe decided to just up and approach him, being sure to completely drop his act of kindness. Once he was practically looming over the boy he gave him a cold stare before placing two fingers beneath the boy's chin and lifting his head, forcing Berlin to meet his gaze. "Look, You're in no place to deny an offer from me." He said in a tone very unlike the one he was using earlier. It had more darker vibes to it. "From you, I only expect obedience. If you wanna stay at this school that it." He said holding the gaze of the boy a little bit longer before pulling his hand back to his side. He figured it would have taken more time before he would have to try to use fear against the boy. Though, it was good to state dominance early on. He himself did slightly fear the boy might rebel since Kobe obviously didn't really have the say so to get his kicked from the school which would prove to Berlin he really was just bark.

ChewingGumBomb
Yea it does ><

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:57 pm

xx ᴋᴏʙᴇ ᴀᴋɪʏᴀᴍᴀ
xxx

Kobe could tell that his semi-threatening words highly irritated Berlin. It was written all over his face. That didn't really mean much to Kobe though because he was given the exact response he wanted. He smirked, completely satisfied with himself. All it took was a little bit of a menacing threat to get people to do as you wish. No matter how bad they wanna argue against you. Example A was right beneath him. He figured maybe though, the boy may show even a little bit of resistance? What a lowly pushover. A kid like Berlin must be used to following orders from people like Kobe. That's the only thing you can do when the odds are against you in every way possible. He could tell the kid wanted to bark just as loud back though. Maybe he was trained to bite his tongue, or maybe he was actually as smart as claimed by others. Sure it would have made for an interesting situation if he were to have argued, but it maybe has been in the boy's best interest not to rebuttal.

Kobe chuckled at the boy's angered face. How cute. Especially when he was agreeing to do as he was told while doing so. He chuckled at the boy before turning on his heel to face the opposite way. "Good boy." He said in hopes of adding insult to injury. Kobe paused for a moment, he sorta was enjoying himself in the most superficial way possible. He kinda liked teasing this kid. So far his reactions proved to be pretty cute. He decided maybe he should play around with this kid and see how many more interesting reaction he could get from him. Even saying that It shouldn't be confused with him remotely liking Berlin. He still very strongly disliked him none the less. He hummed at the thought before going to put on his shoes in preparation to leave for the assembly. He was excited to go meet up with all his friends and discuss their plans for the party that night. Even though Kobe would have the hindrance of the thorn in his side. Berlin that is. Sure he just threatened the boy and pressured him into going but that was only to save his own a**.

Kobe was getting his things together when he saw Berlin approach the door to leave. Not even a second later Kobe saw Berlin turn back to with a grin on his face. He only had time to question the expression of the boy for a moment before he gave a quick and sharp remark then making quick to leave the room. Kobe's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the spot where the boy was just standing. Wait? What did he just say? Kobe felt a sharp ping of angry as he rushed to the door to look into the hallway. Of course, Berlin was nowhere to be seen. "Damn brat, Who the hell does he think he's talking to." He mumbled in a low and angered voice. He couldn't stress enough how much he didn't wanna invite the kid. He wanted to tell Berlin so bad that he could care less if he went and would actually prefer not being seen out with him. In any other situation, he would never dare offer the boy out. He wished just as much as the other boy did that he didn't have to go. Kobe just needed something to hold against him, that's all. And there he comes wanting to act all high and mighty. How annoying. He really detested the kid. He was gonna get back at him one way or another for such an action. Sighing to himself as he collected his things and left the room, he consulted in his mind of the various things he could do to get back at the kid. Punishment is rule number one when it comes to training.

ChewingGumBomb
I hope so too! Is there anything you wanna get done or out there before a time skip??

akisuko

Demonic Associate

8,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100

KewpieMayor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 pm
User Image

Berlin sighed as he fumbled with his keys to get the door to his dorm open. Today had been such a seemingly long day, a constant cycle of getting lost in the halls, finding where he was supposed to be, and then getting lost again on his way to his next endeavor. It wasn’t so much the size of the school that stumped him, but the intricacy of the corridors and the strange way the classrooms were numbered. The boy stepped into the dorm room carefully, but once he noticed Kobe wasn’t here yet he relaxed and treaded without care. The coziness and quietude of the room was so much easier to appreciate without the tension from this morning lurking in the air. He slipped off his backpack, realizing how much weight he had been carrying only once it fell off his shoulders and onto the bed. Unfortunately, all his courses this semester required heavy textbooks. It wasn’t sustainable to bring all the day’s required books with him at all times, so he’d probably have to come up with arrangement to switch out the contents of his backpacks during breaks if he wanted to retain full use of his spine.

He peered out the window and noticed the clouds tinted amber with the last few rays of sunlight for the day. They had really lucked out with the view, it was high enough to receive a good amount of sunlight and bring the eye above the trees and into the horizon. The forest was a beautiful show of nature, but an intimidating one at that– the mere thought of getting lost amongst the tall trees terrified him. Berlin’s eyes felt heavy from all the reading he had done after and in between classes, but nonetheless he unzipped his backpack and retrieved a large white textbook and a highlighter. Since he was just reading and not taking any notes, he decided there would be no harm in getting work done comfortably. The boy arranged the pillow on his bed against the headboard to prop himself up. He took off his shoes, shirt, and sweater, and dug out a comfortable pullover from his bag; it felt cool and soft against his skin and it smelled like home. Berlin rolled up the sleeves to his elbow and lied down, enjoying the feeling of the soft mattress against his back. Redwood really cared about its student’s comfort, this had to be the most embracing bed he had even had the pleasure of lying on. The textbook opened to where he had left off with that strange musky smell that all new books have– he had never been able to decide whether he enjoyed it or not. The sentences started off making perfect strings of ideas in his head, but little by little he began to lose concentration.

In moment’s time Berlin noticed he had read the same sentence three times and shook his head slightly, trying to wake himself up. Perhaps it was a post-meal tiredness from dinner. He made a mental note to figure out where he could purchase some provisions for the room, namely coffee. After all, they had a pretty nice set of appliances in the room that could be of good use for late-night snacking or quick breakfasts if he happened to be late one morning. Coffee, tea, sugar, milk, bread, jam… butter… sugar. His eyelids closed and threatened to take him into dreamland but the boy fought back and jolted himself awake. He took a deep breath to bring some oxygen into his bloodstream and picked up the paragraph he was working on from the top. Muffled voices of student passing by could be heard from the door.

It was hard to tell exactly how much longer he had been able to focus on chemistry before his body completely gave up. The textbook had slid to one side of his upper body, now resting mostly on the mattress, while the highlighter stayed in place between his limp fingers to his side. The boy’s breathing was silent and rhythmic, his eyes closed, mouth slightly parted as he fell deeper into slumber.

User Image

Akisuko

1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas