20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm
User Image

xxxx✸ ♠ Kayne Nightroad ♠ ✸xxxx

Cooking Professor, The Jolly Tavern and Inn Chef

← 〓 : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : 〓 →

He had just finished in serving in three more plates, knowing that there were still hungry mouths to feed because of the need to start the day right. Kayne then heard a female voice piping out, ready to assist him whenever she could. Crimson orbs were marveling the sight of the young woman who also revealed to be an apprentice chef. That stature reminded him of one of the young women that he used to cater back in the tavern, eager to help out and willing to try something new. Smiling, the professor gave the redhead a pat on the head, ruffling on the head gently to avoid messing the locks around a bit too much. God, he had such a huge fondness for kids like her and he just wanted to spoil her as well, but that would have to wait a bit.

"Yep, this is the cooking class, young lady. Actually planning to teach the students the basics but since you mentioned having experience in the kitchen, I'm now having the urge to try something different." The man then retreated the hand slightly, opting for a handshake alongside the introduction. "My name's Kayne Nightroad but you can call me Jolly Kayne if you so wish," he laughed softly at the last part. "And may I know yours, young miss?"

Mood: in the zone, cheerful
Company: apprentice chef (Pepper)
OOC: I'm liking this interaction so much. XD

Neryem

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:13 am
User Image

------P E P I N
              ------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Enjoying the ruffling of her dark crimson locks, Pepper would smile up at the man while he did so. Her hand would reach up and rest on top of his to steady herself. Only when he pulled his hand away would she shake her head and smooth out the strange he may have messed up. If he was not the cooking professor or any kind of staff, he certainly was a pretty nice stranger in this academy! Thankfully, the man confirmed that this was indeed the right classroom that she had sought out, along with mentioning something about mixing the lesson up or maybe something else he was cooking up! Surprises were always good! Unless they were trying to kill you or something, but maybe it was food! His hand extended forward as the young civilian gave it a good shake. "Nice to meet you, Kayne!" She said in her happy tone as always, grabbing both sides of her dress and curtsying towards the master chef. "Apprentice Chef and Future Academy Student, Pepin, at your service. Most of my friends just call me Pepper though." With her introduction finished, the younger chef would eyed the food that he had been preparing for his students with a curious eye. Eggs and sausage. A pretty standard breakfast, but nothing too fancy! That would be meant for lunch, brunch, dinner and and a midnight snack. Pepper looked back at Kayne with the same kind smile on her face, almost as if it was the only thing she knew how to do. "What was that urge you were thinking of doing? I'm always ready to make a mess of things!"

(( Good! Having fun playing as Pepper! ))

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Quote:

Quote:

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 am
User Image

Definitely, the name sounded adorable on his part, but that was not what made him like the student instantly; it was actually her commitment and enthusiasm even with her progressing experience. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Pepper, Miss Chef-in-Training." She then questioned in on what would the surprise be about and that was when the professor broke out a huge grin. If she was truly the chef-in-training, he may have to see her capabilities first. "Show me your best dish; doesn't have to be intricate as long as the soul and taste are there. Is forty minutes a good time limit for you to start?" he asked, making sure that the redhead would agree with his suggestion before the demonstration would commence.

Company: apprentice chef (Pepper)
OOC: Short, sorry.

Neryem

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 pm
User Image

------P E P I N

So the professor wanted to see an example of her work then? That was totally doable in her book! She would knock out some food in her mental list of things she knew how to cook and then knock the pants off of Kayne! Maybe she might even be offered a job from the academy! The time limit given was forty minutes to create her masterpiece, plenty to go and get things all said and done.
              "Yepyep! Totally doable. I've got just the recipe too since eggs and sausage are off limits." Before Pepper could go and rummage around the kitchen for supplies, a semi-familiar voice made itself known as another person stepped in. The child recognized him as one of the students back in yesterday's elementor class. She gave him a friendly wave before taking a step towards the male. "Howdy! I remember you! Nice to see a fellow elementor!" She said happily. "Nice to meet you, Caspien! I'm Pepin, but everyone just calls me Pepper. I'm not really a student here, just visiting, but I bet we'll see each other more." The child would then scurry into the kitchen and check on all of the supplies she had to work with,rummaging around in the pockets of her dress and pulling out a hair band. Before she would touch anything, she would get that mane of hair of hers under control, tying it into a simple pony tail. Once finished, the redhead would wash her hands and then proceed to check around for ingredients. Some flour, sugar, some other stuff that she had no clue in what it did or anything...Maybe she could make something from these! Her hands wounds pluck ingredients and such that would be needed for a quick sweet recipe that could technically be used as breakfast! Well, anything could be breakfast, but that was enough philosophical debating! Time to cook!

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Quote:

Quote:

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:31 pm
User Image

Kayne would have responded more to Pepper if it wasn’t for that male student show up with inquiries. He nodded at the newcomer. "It’s never too late to join, young lad as long as you are enthusiastic to try out such a skill! In fact, students from all walks of life are welcome to this elective." After hearing the exchange between the newcomer and the redhead, the professor let out a small grin, also answering to the male student’s inquiry for today’s activity. "Pepper’s going to start a little demonstration of her capabilities as a chef-in-training. Say, Mr. Godfrey, are you joining because you haven’t tried cooking before but you want to learn? Or is it because you know the basics but you want to chisel the techniques even more? Your answer may become the basis for what we will do today. After all, it is about helping each other while savoring the literal fruits of our labor."

After all, he was just a newcomer in this academy so he had to know more about the students. The kitchen in the inn and tavern was like his office before he jumped in to help out because, after all, cooking was something that everyone should learn, no matter what the origin.

Company: Pepper, Caspian
Profile: x
OOC:

Neryem

Chelly Usagi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:11 pm
            User Image

╔══════════════╗
                                                    Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Eʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀ
                                                    ╚══════════════╝

████████████████████████████████

Looking toward the Professor, the male nodded quietly, ”Good to know that I’m welcome here. Glad to be working with you sir.” He gave a small two fingered salute before turning his attention to the redhead also in the room. Caspian nodded toward Pepin and gave a half smile. It was nice to know that someone familiar would be here today. ” Well hello there, it’s nice to meet you too Pepper. Hope to enjoy this class with you often, despite you not being a student here. I presume you’re looking to be a future student though?” He stepped back and let out a small chuckle as he watched the small redheaded girl scurry around.

Caspian’s attention turned back to the Professor as he began to explain what Pepin was doing. So she was a chef-in-training? That was definitely interesting to him. He was intrigued to see what she would decide to make and how well it would turn out. ” Oh, I’m not joining because I haven’t cooked before. I just want to learn more. I come from a female dominated household so they all taught me the basics and all their tips and tricks. I’m just wanting to know even more since eating is one of the things that help me with my raiment…” He paused and thought of why else wanted to join in his third year. ”I also find it quite therapeutic. It helps ease my mind and keep my mood at a constant…”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    || WHERE [ cafeteria/kitchen ] || WITH [ Kayne and Pepin ] || FEELING [ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ] || OUTFIT [ -xx- ] || OOC [ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ] ||
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Neryem

Chelly Usagi

OG Wife

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 pm
User Image

------P E P I N

After collecting all of the stuff she would need, the young chef got straight to work. She measured several cups of flour after obtained a bowl and added yeast and some water. While measuring out the water, she would trying to bend the element a slight amount while it was placed near the fire, letting it warm. She narrowed her focus to the liquid in the cup and attempted to bend it into a shape. The water did not move, no matter much much will the girl exerted. After a minute or so of trying, she angrily stomped her foot down and walked to retrieve the cup. As she did so, the water would quickly spiral upwards before falling back in, though it was unseen. Right after the water was added, Pepper would mix the ingredients in the bowl together to make the dough. After a few minutes of stirring, she added in some sugar. After a rough session of mixing, she made a separate bowl to crack a few eggs.

Two cracked eggs later, the little chef would mix it in with the main bowl and continue mixing it. The longer this went on for, the more amount of dough she seemed to have created. Once it was long enough, Pepper would added a little bit more flour for the consistency before placing it on the counter. Next, she searched around for a rolling pin, eventually finding one and flattening the surface. There was enough for another batch, and so she separated the two sections of dough once they were flat enough. The redhead would let it lay as she searched around for something to fill the sweet with. While nothing really came up, she did find some berry paste lying about. "You'll do." She said to herself and walked back to her little workstation. 1/4th of a cup of the berry paste was applied along with a tad more sugar to help sweeten it. Her fingers would then help scoop the long roll up ever so slight, rolling the first up until what was left was a long log of dough and raspberry filling. A few slices here and there to separate the sweet into several portions. Next, she repeated this process and soon, the numerous rolls found their place in the oven near the fire.

While they cooked, Pepper would work on the final piece of the example for the professor. She would scurry around the kitchen, managing to pick up some butter, some more sugar, and some cream cheese. Her arms would receive another work out as she mixed it at a hastened pace.Ten or so minutes later, Pepper pulled the rolls out and set them off to cool. Another minute to thicken the frosting, she began to spread the glaze over the finished products before carefully taking two for Caspian and Kayne. "All done! I've got a lot of them in there. It's a shame that..." The young apprentice trailed off, hatching an idea. "Oh! Do you think the people in the other classes would like them? I may have overestimated how many a batch made. I'm used to make them for sales back home."

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Chelly Usagi

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:10 am
User Image

The professor - slash - chef laughed enthusiastically at Caspian's description about cooking, finding it therapeutic. "I agree that cooking is one way to release the stress. In fact, my mom told me to release the frustrations while pounding out the meat to tenderize it. One way to unleash the anger without hurting other people physically." Though still, some people would freak out at the sight of the chef whacking the heck out of meats, fruits and vegetables like mad whenever he would be stressed out by something; at least they would still be in the pot and consumed by his loyal customers. He then heard Pepper's squeaky voice declaring that she was done with the dish, though she did admit that the quantities were a bit too much. He inhaled gently, savoring the scent of her freshly cooked masterpiece.

"Nice idea, Pepper! In fact, I am the chef in the tavern and inn situated within the housing district, so we both have something in common, making sure that they sell so much." He then picked up a knife and three plates, cutting the pastry so that each plate would have a piece and handed each plate to the other two. "Taste test time!" he declared before picking up his plate, handing the pastry carefully before sinking his teeth into it. Definitely, it was sweet, though there was also the tartness of the berries because of the filling.

Mmmmhmmmmm!! Deliciously crafted, Pepper! This is definitely becoming a hot seller and I'm sure the others will like it, too," Kayne exclaimed, though he had to lick his lips gently because of the frosting coating his mouth. He could be definitely messy sometimes, but what mattered was that the decadent job was accomplished and he should enjoy the output.

Company: Pepper, Caspian
OOC:

Neryem

Chelly Usagi

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Chelly Usagi

OG Wife

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm
            User Image

╔══════════════╗
                                                    Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Eʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀ
                                                    ╚══════════════╝

Caspian found himself stifling a laugh as Kayne mentioned pounding on the meat not only to tenderizer it, but to let out any anger. The male wasn’t laughing because it sounded ridiculous. He was laughing because he was guilty of doing just that quite a few times before. Also, the sudden image of Kayne doing so was quite an interesting thing to imagine. Caspian turned his head as he heard Pepin say that she was done. He could tell that she worked extremely hard. He was surprised at how quickly and thoroughly she worked. He was also surprised at how well the finished product had turned out. ”Lovely job Pepin. I can’t wait to go ahead and give it try.” Caspian paused and thought for a moment. ”You know, I think other classmates would love to try it. I can already tell just by looking that they’re going to be great. And besides, who doesn’t want a fresh pastry to enjoy?”

Looking at his plate, he quietly took some of the amazing smelling treat that Pepin made. He could feel the warmth emitting from it and on his fingers. The scent was heavenly to him. Slowly, he brought it up and took a bite. He let out a small hum in approval as he savored the taste. ”Just as I suspected, this tastes great Pepin. The professor is right, I’m sure it will be popular.” He licked his finger as some of the frosting got on it and smiled toward the girl. Taking another bite, he felt a large amount of energy course through him which made him shiver a bit.

x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    || WHERE [ cafeteria/kitchen ] || WITH [ Kayne and Pepin ] || FEELING [ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ] || OUTFIT [ -xx- ] || OOC [ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ] ||
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Neryem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:17 pm
User Image

------P E P I N

Pepper gave both men eyes of adoration as they tried her sweet rolls. She even tried a piece herself! Popping the treat into herself, there was an instant rush of energy as she swallowed the extra sugary sweet. "Wow!~ What a rush!~" She exclaimed, feeling as if she could race around the academy ten times in a little under a minute. From both male's reactions, they seemed to have found the treat the same. Maybe she could have used a little less sugar or sweetener, but details! Pepper would appreciatively bow her head. "Thank you both! I had fun making it. I wonder though..." The child spun around and faced the idle buns before an idea hatched in her mind. She run back into the kitchen and searched around for another pan, finding one after a while of serving. Her hands quickly moved to carefully pick up each sweet roll and place it onto the new pan, filling it to the brim with her creations. Once she hurried back out, balancing the rolls while walking forward, the child would explain herself. "In that case, I'm gunna go give these away for they get all moldy. Nice meeting you two!" Pepper soon ran off out of the kitchen and into the halls, the scent of raspberry trailing behind her.

""

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Chelly Usagi

Quote:

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 am
User Image

Now that both Caspian and Kayne were on the similar commentary about Pepper's pastries, it didn't take long for the chef-in-training to concoct a plan about ensuring that her dish would be enjoyed by the others as well. When she dashed away with the baked treats, the jolly professor gave the redhead a wave of good luck."Good luck with the room service!" he shouted out, though she was now out of sight. Now, it was the two of them occupying the place, and Kayne was now focusing on the other student who was anticipating for the plan to get some basic credentials from the elective.

"So, how about we help each other to finish this chore? That's the lesson for today. I'm serving up eggs, sausages and bread for today's menu. I hope you know how to cook them well, though feel free to let me know if you need anything," he let out a toothy smile at the declaration, glad that there would be possible help that he may need to get the job done.

Company: Caspian (after Pepper left)
OOC:

Neryem

Chelly Usagi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:51 pm
            User Image

╔══════════════╗
                                                    Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Eʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀ
                                                    ╚══════════════╝

Caspian felt even more recharged than he already had. And that was all thanks to Pepper’s delicious creation. The girl bowed her head in appreciation and thanked him, to which he gave a slight smile and nodded. She ended up deciding that she was going to give the pastries away before they could go bad. It seemed like a very smart idea to do. It gave her a chance to share her creation and let others know of her ability. Caspian reached and took another one of her sweet rolls that were on the pan she was going to bring around the academy with her. ”Well good luck with your task. I’m sure everyone will appreciate you coming by and bringing some food for them to have. Not to mention they’ll surely enjoy it.” He watched as the girl walked out quickly to go and find people to share with.

Once she was out, Caspian turned toward Kayne as to see what they were going to do now. They were to make a few different things for the day. Luckily those things were fairly simple and basic to make. ”I can cook those really well actually...this, luckily, won’t be hard for me.” It was true. When his mother made eggs and sausage, she cooked them to perfection and added a few herbs and spices here and there. Of course, he had learned from her how to make such simple dishes have the slightest delicious kick to them. Rolling up his sleeves, he immediately decided to get to work. With ease, he worked to make good quantity of eggs and sausage. He even made sure he took time to slide bread in the oven, so it could bake properly.

x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Neryem

Chelly Usagi

OG Wife

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm
User Image

Impressed by the initiative, Kayne immediately went back to work as well. Plates were soon delivered to the hungry clients and he was having fun with it, though he may have to be careful with each and every detail to get every piece right. Some of the students began to leave because of the satisfied stomachs and they had to go to class as well, with teachers soon following by. By the time the practical lesson was done for today, Kayne wiped the sweat off his face and brow with a towel. The temperature inside the kitchen was mostly responsible for the respiration. "Phew, another fruitful day, having experience with customer service. Thanks for your help, Mr. Godfrey."

He then fetched a clean towel for Caspian to use, tossing it playfully to the student, hoping that the other would catch it. "Hope you are looking forward to another day of cooking lessons. You may leave now in case you have to catch up on things. I'll take it from here," he spoke while finishing off wiping his own sweat. He was tired now, so a short break would help before continuing on. He was tempted to use his raiment but decided to save it for another time.

Company: Caspian
OOC:

Quote:

Chelly Usagi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:51 pm
            User Image

╔══════════════╗
                                                    Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Eʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀ
                                                    ╚══════════════╝

The male elementor proceeded to work thoroughly alongside with his professor. He smiled to himself as he delivered various plates of food to the students and teachers who had made their way to have a nice meal. He would quietly greet each one before going to grab more plates or cook some more of the food. Time had passed by rather quickly since the two were working the whole time and focusing on making sure everyone was satisfied. Closing his eyes, Caspian let out a long and content sigh as they had finally finished their work. He ran a hand through his hair which was ever so slightly damp due to sweat. Opening his green eyes, he swiftly caught the towel that was thrown to him by Kayne. ”Oh, umm...no problem. No need to thank me sir.” He quickly began to wipe his face of the sweat that was there. Checking his pocket watch, he nodded toward his professor as he dismissed him. ”Alright, thank you. I look forward to next class. If you aren’t in need of any help cleaning up, then I’ll take my leave. Enjoy the rest of your day.”

x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x
                                                    x

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Chelly Usagi

OG Wife

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100