=>[META] Chittentown SRDPSL Space Tower Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:40 pm
The traffic around the outside of the Space Tower was just as heavy now as it had been the first time Garand had come onto the site after hearing the global broadcast. There were just as many trolls around the tents that had been set up, though they were checking in to collect what they'd earned rather than signing up for it this time. Maybe there were more of the military recruits and volunteers filing out of the tower than in this time, but a crowd was a crowd. It was hard to tell the difference in them, if he didn't pay too close a mind to how many were coming out with bandages.

Overall, somehow, the mood was still celebratory, but the blueblood couldn't help feeling disheartened. He'd wanted to be in there, alongside the others who had gone on the missions into space. He'd wanted to do his part too. And while it was true he'd done his work on the ground crew, the feeling he hadn't done enough persisted. Sure, he had installed some of the Lightseekers' transmitters, but he could have done more if he'd focused on the task instead of worrying over being caught doing it.

And the cruel aid robot he and the other kids had encountered. Surely there was something he could have done there, some way he could have fixed it before it exploded. He'd only hesitated at the sight of the electricity sparking from it, but with his gloves he probably could have- A paw smacked against his cheek, followed by a series of questioning squeaks.

"You still smell like cruel aid," he said instead of answering directly, mustering up a small smile as he glanced over at his lusus. That gave Pan pause, but not for long. Their reward was secure in the bag, so why were they lingering? Garand shook his head, turning his eyes back up to the tower. "Yeah, I know. Just a bit longer."

Who knew when he'd ever be able to get any closer than this? Might as well savor it now, before it was stuck being just a sight in the distance again.

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 pm
As one longed to go in, the other rushed to get out.

Stepping out into the cool evening air, Tevini looked at the horizon. It was dark with lights glittering in the distance, twinkling like the stars from above. She found she couldn't escape this heavy feeling, dragging her down. Moving with the flow of traffic, she made her way to the side to get out of the way. She was out but not able to leave just yet. As usual her partner was late.

"Where are you?" The redblood sighed to herself. He'd dashed off and left her behind once they'd made it back from the flagship, likely to escape her questions. It was frustrating to be ditched. Perhaps this was his revenge for the past sweep. Okay, she got it. It hurt. A lot of things did. That face he'd made... those words he'd said. The way his voice had wavered.

The way he'd run from her side.

She turned back to look at the tower. They'd arrived with eager excitement at what awaited them. There were obvious dangers ahead but it wasn't anything they couldn't handle together. They were here to learn as much as they could and collect any pieces they could take. And then suddenly they'd ended up apart and she'd run herself ragged searching for him only to find him in the hands of another. She couldn't say it didn't hurt but she would pretend it. She knew she couldn't shut the door once more, they didn't have time for her to lock herself away again. Instead she would leave the door open... partially. She'd hide the things she didn't want seen behind that 140 degree angle.

Movement caught her attention and Tevini realized she was beside another troll. Flushing slightly at how she'd gotten so caught up in herself, she tried to push those thoughts aside. Instead it was time to evaluate her company and decide if she should look for a new place to wait. Discreetly looking him over, she noted the solemn expression on his face. This troll wasn't here to celebrate. Why? The gloom in his eyes was familiar. They were both sharing some feeling of defeat it seemed.

"Are you waiting for someone?" The redblood asked, wondering if he needed help. If it was something simple she was willing. Anything to take her mind off of him.

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:40 pm
Garand blinked, pulled out of his thoughts for a second time. He had expected that to happen eventually, but instead of Pan it was an older redblood looking back at him when he turned his attention towards the distraction. It hadn't occurred to him that anyone might stop to talk to him out here, especially not someone who had clearly just come out of the tower. Everyone passing him by so far had seemed as if they knew where they were going and meant to get there.

"No," he said after a moment's consideration, glancing briefly back at the entrance to the building almost as if he had wanted to confirm it for himself. No one coming out of there was going to be looking for him, but maybe that was an answer to why she had paused. A good vantage point of everyone coming and going from here. It would've been a good excuse for his behavior if he hadn't wanted to be honest about it.

"I just wanted one last look before it's out of reach again," he admitted and then let out a quiet sigh, shoulders drooping before almost immediately squaring again. It was rude to just mope at strangers. "Are you? You just came from there, right?"

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 pm
"Yes. Were you here on the ground crew?" Tevini replied, assessing him. His posture indicated a feeling of regret before he tried to steel himself back into place. Gee that seemed familiar.

"What do you mean by out of reach again?" The redblood asked. Was he one of the many trolls who had longed to join the mission to venture into space? Was he longing for something else inside the tower? What missed opportunity did he mean? She didn't really know this troll but was curious. Plus they seemed to be on the same energy level right now. Sullen and jaded. She'd take it, the last thing she needed was someone telling her to perk up right now.

"Were you hoping to go into space?" She offered an easy out for him if he'd rather not talk about it. Tevini wasn't great with small talk and tended to assume she was being a bother when approaching strangers. It was hard to unlearn her self esteem problems that she'd been taught from a young age. She hoped he wouldn't brush her off though. She could really use the distraction from her own spiraling problems.

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:13 pm
"You ask a lot of questions." It was only a comment on the obvious, the tone neither accusing nor suspicious. If the pause that came after it was a little longer than it probably should have been, it was only because Garand was still trying to pin down what had caused her to take an interest in him in the first place. He was overthinking it, of course, he didn't need Pan to tell him that this time.

"But yeah," he said finally, nodding. "When I heard they were taking recruits, I thought I'd be able to enlist too, but they just sent me over there." He waved his hand out towards where the initial ground crew tent had been set up. "Wasn't ready." A series of squeaks came with a correction of 'not old enough', but he shook his head. No, it felt like more than that.

"You know, when they were building this place, I came to help then too." The blueblood's smile twisted a little. "I missed sign ups by a few nights, had to watch it go up from afar." That was made it so difficult, really. That feeling that he was always, somehow, not quite where he needed to be. Too late or too young or too short of supplies. When exactly when was he supposed to catch up? It had crept up on him, but it was so frustrating never being prepared enough.

"You got in, though. What was it like?" Another considering look, noting again the lack of uniform. "Why didn't you enlist?" If she was going to ask him questions, it was only fair that he fired some back.

Doutei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:27 pm
"Hmm." Tevini frowned as she listened. The blueblood’s disappointment was obvious even if he was trying to shrug it off. She felt bad that she’d made it in for both events and left them full of painful memories and regrets. There had been happy times but for the most part all she would remember was the stress.

"I was here for that too. It got really dangerous, someone set up a bomb." She remembered running through the halls frantically searching. The further and further she ran, the more trolls she’d left behind until finally she’d found herself alone. Quietly she wondered if she was destined to be. Not everyone was loveable. That time too she hadn’t managed to finish things off, she’d gotten lost right before everyone passed her and disarmed the bomb without needing her help. She’d hated how useless she’d felt in that moment.

His eyes looked like hers.

"It was scary, to be honest. I wasn’t sure what to expect." Tevini replied after thinking his questions over. It had been the right call for the military to keep younger trolls out of those ships. They would’ve been slaughtered. This blueblood looked just about of age but it was clear they’d decided to be cautious. He wasn’t happy but at least he was alive.

"I didn’t feel ready to enlist. There’s still a lot I need to do." The redblood continued. It wasn’t an entire lie but not the entire truth either. She couldn’t tell a stranger she had no intention of ever joining. Especially one who looked like he wanted to.

"It seems we’re opposites, aren’t we?" She smiled at the situation.

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:42 pm
"Oh." Garand's eyes widened at the reminder of the bomb. Of course he'd heard the news, even out where he lived that was unavoidable, but somehow it was the disappointment at the missed chance that had stuck instead. It was easy to forget, here in Chittentown, just how bad things had gotten in those towers back then. And here he was telling a survivor he wished he'd been there. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize."

He winced as he belatedly remembered that a good number of those coming out of the tower tonight had been bandaged in varying ways as well. Maybe it wasn't quite what he was imagining it to be like up there, now that he was thinking outside of his own self-pity.

"Want to trade places?" He gave a mirroring smile before shaking his head. "That makes sense, though. They must be pretty important things, if you had to choose them over a chance like that." He didn't know how hard it might be to be recruited outside of big projects like this one because he'd never been given the chance to try, but he did know joining the military would bring a lot of benefits for a redblood. If she'd been ready.

"I guess," he reached up to adjust the cord of his bag so it didn't dig into his shoulder quite so much, stalling as he examined what exactly about that was resonating with him. He hadn't earned as much credit as many of the others on ground crew, but he'd gotten a good amount of beetles out of it anyway. It wouldn't make him older or keep him on time but it would take care of those supplies he needed. "I guess there are things I could do first too."

Doutei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:44 pm
Had they been?

Or had then been excuses? Tevini bit her lip.

"No, I couldn't do that to you." The redblood laughed weakly. Her life was a mess. She watched Garand shift, standing still at this crossroads with her. It was a quiet moment as the world continued on around them. She could see his impatience, he was like the embers of a dying fire-smoldering. He was so ready to go out and burn. What was she doing trying to convince him to keep waiting like this? Sure it'd kept him safe but... at what cost? She'd lived her life pushing things off, always hesitating and preparing for her goals- waiting for the right moment. She'd do it when she was ready.

Was anyone ever ready?

"... I realize this is a little weird. Especially after all that I've just said- but..." The redblood spoke again after a long pause. She reached over to put a hand on Garand's shoulder.

"I've made a huge mistake and I don't want you to do the same." Tevini admitted. What had waiting ever gotten her? They weren't any closer to space from her efforts- they had only really made progress because of the military's effort. Byakko's interest in the program hadn't ever changed, she'd just been waiting for them to produce some results. The small tests and machines that she'd built had been great exercises but weren't enough to say they'd ever really gotten started.

"Don't wait. Reach out and chase it." Her voice dipped slightly as she thought of all the opportunities she'd wasted. She would be the first to admit she caused herself a lot of unhappiness. It was a fatal flaw in her personality. If she could encourage this boy to not hold back like her, hopefully he would change his path. She'd gotten so far off course she'd gotten lost along the way. He still had time.

"If you already know what it is you want, don't wait until you're ready. Even if it's messy, grab hold." Tevini reached down and a handful of sand whisked up around her hand before settling in her palm. The sand began to cascade down again until she clasped her hand shut around it.

"Don't let it slip away from you." Her fingers opened to reveal an arrowhead. Gently she pressed it into his palm.

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:57 pm
Garand could only stare down at the arrowhead, moved to speechlessness from the gesture and the advice that had gone along with it. Somehow, it had been exactly what he needed to hear. Already there had been plans building up in his head that were all wait and no real action, more stalling for time until he was ready. But who was ever really entirely ready for anything? If he waited to find out, maybe it all really would slip through his fingers.

His hand closed around the arrowhead tightly and he lifted his head to look back up at Tevini, struck again suddenly with the realization that this was a complete stranger. She hadn't needed to do this, hadn't needed to talk to him at all while she was waiting, but now that she had, he found himself fumbling for some way to repay her kindness.

"You too," he started, speaking more eagerly now that he had a better hold on a purpose. "Now that you know better, don't let anything else slip away, alright?" He had to pause again, to sort what words he wanted out of the flurry of thoughts in his head. He was used to taking more time on that, but it felt like too long now. If she saw her friend in the crowd, the moment might end.

"I don't know if it's weird or not, but it helped. So whatever it is you're chasing now that kept you from enlisting, if it's something you need help on..." His posture straightened, chin lifting slightly as his expression turned determined. He didn't have much to offer besides this right now and maybe that made him the weird one, but he'd offer it all the same.

"My name's Garand Luceid. You'll be able to find me in Chittentown real soon."

Doutei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:21 pm
"I won't." Tevini nodded as he urged her advice back at her, surprised at how easy it was to keep her eyes on his. The blueblood seemed to have a calm confidence that wasn't overwhelming or intimidating. Or maybe it was that she was becoming more confident herself. This talk had been cathartic in letting her face some of her regrets and feelings of shame surprisingly. The redblood knew it wasn't over, she was bound to dwell on these thoughts again but it was a start. She'd avoided admitting that she was a major part of her problems, instead blaming the hemospectrum or being chronically unfortunate. It felt odd to realize and cop to her flaws with a stranger but perhaps that's what had made it easier. She could look at herself objectively. There was no pressure to make sure this person found her likable.

"Oh! You don't have to- but I'd like that. I'll look for you." The redblood flushed as he offered his help in the future. She caught herself before she could finish turning it down. He wanted to find a way to be useful to her and she could respect that feeling. Also she needed to get better about accepting help. And making friends. There was a lot she still had to learn how to handle and she could start right here.

"I'm Tevini. I also live in Chittentown." She considered telling him where to find her but thought better of it. By now Underworld was an actually known dayclub, it might be a little too weird to share in this exchange. Was it better or worse than the junkyard she'd used to live in, she wondered amused. Different types of trash, her roommate would playfully jest. But every piece of trash was a treasure to someone. If her heart had been broken, it was time to figure out how to recycle it.

"Ah, I see him! I need to get going." Finally a familiar pair of horns glinted by the doorway. She would recognize those piercings anywhere. Tevini reached to pick up her luggage once more, wondering why he was making such a face. They wouldn't have a good chance to talk about it until they got home but that gave her plenty of time to compose better questions.

"Thank you, Garand." As she turned to leave, Tevini flashed the blueblood a smile and noted his face and name. She'd remember him.

KitsuneAura
fin! garand you are so good, thank you for growing with tevini!

Doutei

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces