Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:54 pm
User Image
𝔏𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔦

|| ||

Quote:
When Shea smiled, Lorelei couldn't help but smile in return. With a sad wave, she bid the female goodbye. That was odd. Why did she have to go? Lorelei was a little bit frustrated as the lack of communication and language was starting to get to this female. Her hues glanced towards Shea as she blinked and glanced towards the direction he was gesturing. Sign? Silver Lyre. What was Silver Lyre? It must be important. She repeated the name over and over in her head. Silver Lyre. Inn! Now that one she knew! Not long after, he pointed to the direction in which they came and he was also going to leave. She nodded. She wasn't some clingy type! She was her own woman! "Farewell. Uh... Shout? No... Say? No... Safe! Yes! Safe. You." She smiled towards him, indicating that she wanted him to be safe and careful especially if he was going back to that cave. Watched them both leave, Lorelei turned and headed towards the inn.

[ Exit ]

|| ||

Athlete l Water l Wind l 50/50 Mana l 100/100 Stamina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:21 am

User ImageUser Image

User Image

• And like all great winds,

as potent and quick as it manifested-

'it' disappeared.

This wasn't his place, his calling, no there was more to be discovered by the young majesty. "B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l." A low tone parted through pink lips. Crimson orbs reflected awe towards his surrounding nature. Though his meditation ended quickly, the wind needs no reason to stay in one place; as it is free. Grasping the need for answers, he found the land to be more vast than expected. Dangerous too, that much was prominent. Quite a handful of formidable individuals, to which their ki would be considered top class - it brought a smirk to the majesty's face. "Interesting." As if the wind knelt, it adorned the Tengu. Violent pressure of gale tamed the land around him, bearing the Tengu's mark before leaving.

-Exit post-

User Image  

Deci Nurari

Divine Master

Koresephone
Crew

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:24 pm
    User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

tab II • LI • YA tab ► 𝙿 𝚁 𝙾 𝙿 𝙴 𝚁 . 𝙽 𝙾 𝚄 𝙽
    tab tab ih - lee - yah

tab ( i ) are you insane like me tab ( ii ) been in pain like me tab ( iii ) bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me
    tab tab ( iv ) just to pour that mother ******** down the drain like me tab ( v ) would you use your water bill to dry the stain like me

Silent, somber-- two things she usually was not. Iiliya walked up to the guards and greeted them with a simple gesture. One broke off from the group, walking over to her. The snake sept pulled down her hood so that she could talk with them.

"I'm leaving on a personal matter," the woman started, flipping her hood back up, "Please tell Kaileer that I'll be back in no later than three month's time." With that, she was off through the gates, a lump lodged in to her throat.

( OOC: I honestly have no ducking clue whete I'm going, lan, so can tyou lead? )

( I ) L O C - Leaving town tab ( II ) M O O D - sad, guitly, regretful
    ( III ) S T A T - Healthy ( Heart Rate ⇧⇧ ) tab ( IV ) C O M P - No one

[ P r o f i l e ]

Lunar Phase ( Waning Crescent ) / Venom / D-rank / Investor Medium ( Bone ) / Mystic / Wind-Water
    Power: ♦♦ tab Agility: ♦♦ tab Intelligence: ♦♦♦♦ tab Mana: ♦♦♦♦♦
    / STM / 125 tab / MNA / 275
    Smellsight / Bloodborn / Self Sustaining / Flexible

━━━━━━━┓/ sept traits /┗━━━━━━━
          Snakelike dislocating jaw, hyperdemic fangs, snakelike tongue ( smellsight )

━━━━━━━┓/ mis'sion /┗━━━━━━━
          Mission Name
            Old Knowledge, Even Older Coffer
              - Kaileer has entrusted me with retrieving a schematic from the dungeon under the Iron city. However, since I am still fairly unaccustomed to this world, he's appointing me... babysitters. I am to join forces with them, make my way through the dungeon, and come back out alive for my potion of the reward... Appointing me babysitters, how insulting...
                - The wolf-sept halfie stinks. I like the big busted girl, she'll do well in this mission. The pink-haired one is funny. If the halfie keeps his face shut, maybe this wont be so bad.

━━━━━━━┓/ pas'sives /┗━━━━━━━
          Blighteater: Working as a trained medic and medium during the last days of Kirigakure was horrific, but nothing more so than having to treat the unfortunate victims of the Mizukage’s experiments. After a nightmarish event that brought _______ into the Echoes and exposed her to the crushing blackness of the Hell there she found that her digestion was…different. Now she has learned how to consume that Corruption in another being and digest it, much as she would food, by sucking the corruption through their eyes, mouths, or other orifices into the body, temporarily increasing her regeneration abilities by one step [1] per three [3] points of Corruption consumed. Blighteater allows her to pull out and consume two [2] points of Physical, Spiritual, or Mental Corruption per post of doing so. This causes slight discomfort or major pain, depending on the length of time it takes to suck it out.
          Mothership: Grants the ability for _____ to use her powers as a Medium to enchant up to three [3] additional items of the exact same nature and allow them all to collectively count as one [1] possessed object. There is no additional cost as long as they are the exact same. If they are not the exact same the cost is doubled for each item combined, with compounding costs.Unlike an Teaghlach Clann, those born of the Septs are born in a hybrid Phased state. Their Phasing is centralized on the concept of repressing their hybrid forms to become human-like in their appearance. This transformation is something inherently learned by an Teaghlach born of a Sept after their tenth year of life. Suppressing, or becoming, the Phased form takes two [2] Activations, unless done during a bout of Phase Madness, in which case it takes no time at all. While phased, ten [10] Stamina is kept hostage and cannot be used, or recovered, until returned to their birth state. While within their human form the Septborn will receive only half of the benefits their Phasing grants, as they are truly unable to separate themselves from the beast entirely.
          • To an animal that matches the Totem of the Septborn a member of the Sept "reads" as an "alpha". While this allows some to be cowed, or made into allies, this can also insight some animals or beasts into a frenzy.
          Kin Sense: All Bloodline members are able to supernaturally detect other members of an Teaghlach, as well as whether they are of a Sept or Clann. The range limit is five hundred [500] meters, though it only allows them to sense the presence at this range, and does not pinpoint. Personal Attributes and Disciplines may be utilized to make this more accurate at shorter distances.

━━━━━━━┓/ a'ttack ! /┗━━━━━━━
          -

Lanfaer
          Royal Taorito
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:27 pm
    User Image
    Meissa jogged over to the gates, followed by a snakelike spirit that stretched into the sky. Understandably, the guards were wary of the giant entity trailing behind her, but were surprisingly accommodating after she explained the situation. Which is to say that they didn't attack. She stood off to the side for a while as they conversed.

Surprisingly timid of you, the shikigami remarked.

"I just arrived yesterday. I'd probably be a lot more hostile in their shoes," she answered flatly.

Yesterday? Odd. I had the feeling you'd been here quite some time already.

"Ah, I was encased in crystal before yesterday. The locals said I was a 'Wakener', or something like that," she clarified, fishing up the fragment of her cocoon that had been resting in her pocket. Nok looked at the shard with one of its giant eyes, then turned away.

The delineation between your current and 'previous' lives is caused by entombment rather than reincarnation. More about you becomes clear with every exchange, Meissa the Woken.

At this point, one of the guards interrupted and handed Meissa a missive. It appeared to be a mission dispatch, which was both rather abrupt and something she was grateful for. An excuse to get away from civilization and stop alarming people with this giant shikigami. She settled in to wait for her teammates for this mission and found herself wondering what they would think of this behemoth of a sky snake next to her.

Something clicked into place. While the people around her had been wary of the snake at first, they actually seemed to grow more positive the longer they were near her. She'd read of spirits being aligned with particular emotions, but she hadn't picked up on the implication that they'd affect their surroundings too. Definitely something to read up on in the future.

"Nok, are you aligned with a particular emotion?" she asked, her eyes scanning other pedestrians.

Your question is strange.

The sky serpent spoke with an air of finality, leaving only the sound of wind howling down a tube in its wake. Overhead, the clouds stirred around its tail.

Current Goal: Waiting outside the gates.

Mana: 350/350
    Stamina: 150/150
    Experience: 1475
    Money: 500

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (12/25):
    1. 50/100
    2. 50/100
    3. 50/100
    4. 50/100
    5. 50/100
    6. 50/100
    7. 50/100
    8. 50/100
    9. 50/100
    10. 50/100
    11. 50/100
    12. 50/100
    13. 50/100

Inventory:
    • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
    • Weaponry: Senbon x30 (in a bundle on her belt, below her backpack)
    • Backpack:
      • Skinning knife
      • Oiled Waterskin
      • Blanket
      • Journal x2
      • Pen x2
      • Mess kit
      • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Royal Taorito
    Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
    • Cool Cat 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    • Partygoer 500
    PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:01 pm
    User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
    K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
    I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
    B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Ikeinasu - North Gates

As I approached the northern gates, the serpentine creature that I'd heard murmurs of along the way came fully into view. Hand settled on the hilt of my blade, I moved forward cautiously. There was an obvious lack of alarm from either the new girl, Meissa, or the guards, despite them looking perturbed, so I could assume the beast wasn't a threat, but that didn't make me any less wary.

At least until Fiorzia bolted past me, launching herself into the air where she danced around the serpent. Something about the way she flitted around joyously and excitedly brought my nerve at ease. Although I still didn't move my hand from its resting place.

Keeping the beast in my peripheral vision, I made my way to Meissa, lifting a hand briefly in greeting. "I guess you got my message then," I said lightly, hiding what was left of my anxiety to the best of my ability. There was still no sight of Zuu despite her being the one to initiate this mission. "I have to ask though--" My gaze shifted back to the snake. "What the hell is that?"

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 92 / 200

Active Effects:
    • Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
    • Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
    • Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
    • Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
    • Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]

Current Stats:
    • Physical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
    • Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
    • Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
    • Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
    • None.

Items of Note:
    • Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
    Lanfaer

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 600 / 600 .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                            tab .EXP : 17130 .RYO : 両2600 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:47 pm
    User Image
    Meissa gave Kaileer a short wave when she noticed his approach. When her attention shifted, so too did Nok, the sprite swiveling around her so that she stood between it and the newcomer. She glanced back at it briefly, making sure it wasn't going to do anything she'd regret, then cast a curious look toward the creature that came from Kaileer. She didn't recognize it.

"The spirit that responded to a shikigami I made. I was a bit surprised, as you can probably imagine. Wind element, seems to be very powerful. Is this sort of occurrence normal around here?"

Give my name. I am not a thing.

"Its name is Nok," she added before its words disappeared on the breeze. Nok's scales pulsed in approval, then started to ripple in Fiorzia's wake. Meissa didn't acknowledge the change, her face a mask of indifference. "Unfortunately I must've missed it. I was informed after I got here that there was a mission for me. If you're going with us, I imagine this isn't going to be a cakewalk. What can you tell me?"

Current Goal: Conversing with a colleague.

Experience: 1500

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (13/25):
    1. 50/100
    2. 50/100
    3. 50/100
    4. 50/100
    5. 50/100
    6. 50/100
    7. 50/100
    8. 50/100
    9. 50/100
    10. 50/100
    11. 50/100
    12. 50/100
    13. 50/100
    14. 50/100

Inventory:
    • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
    • Backpack:
      • Skinning knife
      • Oiled Waterskin
      • Blanket
      • Journal x2
      • Pen x2
      • Mess kit
      • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Lanfaer
    Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
    • Befriended 100
    • Survivor 150
    • Hygienic 200
    PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:19 pm
    User Image
    Hey, you, Baby Blues, show me what you gonna do!
    Say I'm not a sinner but you make me a liar!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                              [ A ] sniff, a simple inhalation, was enough to grant Zuu the powerful, overwhelming scent of wind and storms that told her something abnormal was about. That smell never came suddenly, it was a gradually built, powerful scent that came before the worst of storms. That it was here suddenly and without notice likely meant it had something to do with that serpent everyone was talking about as she made her way towards the final platform before leaving the township behind. Seeing Kaileer did make her smirk, but that curdled the instant she saw another female with him, only to replace as she berated herself for the reaction in the first place. Why did it matter another woman was nearby? Was it his cover? Mayhap a bed warmer, or a chamber maid? No, from the look of her she was something else entirely, and it served no one to treat her that way before knowing anything about her. Reigning in her temper, freshly awoken for a new day likely to be filled with bullshite, she decided to hold it in reserve for when Kaileer did something truly worthy of her ire.
                                              tab Or Kira. Whichever was more up her alley would depend on the moment, unfortunately.
                                              tab Bow strung over her shoulder, the unusual black garb of belts and straps latched in place and giving the impression that she was woefully under dressed for the weather, Zuu made her way towards the pair with an eye on the serpent above her and the blue-skinned girl that surrounded it doing...cartwheels? Well, sprites were as sprites were, and they'd do as they pleased, so she left it for the moment and instead approached Kaileer without really checking to see if Kira had followed or not. "Oi! c**k Sheathe," she cried out, greeting Kaileer with the once derogatory nickname that now bore the tone and characteristics of a friendly banter. "Ah'm glad ye decided ter join meh 'ere. Ah'd assumed ye'd join us in ta end, though ye never know." Holding out her right hand to shake his if he deigned to take it she eyed him up and down to see if he suffered any lasting injuries from their battle the day before. Whatever she discovered she would nod to the girl, settling on the idea that the best course of action was that she was coming with them regardless. "Ma name be Zurusu Kuriko, an' ta waste o' flesh behind meh be Kira. Who might ye be?"

A little good won't stop the devil.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:43 pm
    User Image

I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.

[I'm sorry guys, I'm really trying. If I missed anything lmk.]

The serpent was a spirit that had taken over a shikigami the girl had made. The realm relating to mediums was beyond me for the most part, but it explained Fiorzia's reaction, being a wind sprite herself. 'Nok', she called it. "The dancing sprite there is Fiorzia. She's... a friend of mine, I guess." I shook my head and turned my gaze back to Meissa. "Anyway, I--"

Oi, c**k Sheathe. I barely kept myself from flinching at the sound of the 'nickname' and turned to see Zuu and Kira making their way toward us. The flaming young woman hardly gave the giant serpent a glance before introducing herself and Kira trailing behind her. I scowled slightly but made no remark regarding her jab. "As I was saying..." I crossed my arms and glanced down the road heading north out of town, up the mountain side. "I'm not entirely sure what we're up against. Whatever it is has killed yokai and humans alike, and there's no trace of what might have caused them to die. It seems like their hearts just... stopped. In the case of the yokai, their anchors were always removed as well." My gaze moved back to the party. "That's the main reason I chose to come along as well. That, and, I just needed to get out of town." I gave them a small grin.

Counter | 93 / 200

Active Effects:
    • Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
    • Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
    • Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.

Current Stats:
    • Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
    • None.

Items of Note:
    • Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
    Lanfaer
    Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 17130 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

Royal Taorito
    Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
    • Cool Cat 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    • Partygoer 500

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:28 pm
    User Image
    Meissa looked toward Fiorzia, watching as the sprite tumbled through the air like a carefree gymnast. Kaileer's hesitation told her there was something abnormal about his relationship with the sprite. Was he not a medium? A question for later, perhaps. Meissa filed it away, figuring it might get answered over the course of the mission anyway.

Zuu's arrival was unwelcome right up until Meissa realized where the newcomer's insult was directed. She turned to face Zuu and bowed slightly. Looking at the redhead's attire was enough to make Meissa acutely aware of just how cold the wind was, but she didn't mention it. After all, she used to run around the desert in full robes; who was she to criticize someone for being over- or under-dressed?

"Meissa, newly awoken as of yesterday," she answered simply, before once again quieting down for Kaileer to speak. As he did so, she kept a cool expression, but was silently getting more and more wary as he continued. Something going around killing things? That was fine. Something unknown in the countryside? Also fine. Something unknown ravaging the countryside, leaving death in its wake? Much less fine. As soon as he was done, she piped up: "To be clear: We're walking toward an unknown, intelligent threat to both physical and spiritual beings. So how do we stay alive? Is there anything to look out for? Common factors between the dead? If there's nothing external, have we ruled out some sort of biological attack, powerful illusion, or seal?" She felt her tone getting harsher, so she stopped and looked at Nok for a moment. The faint patterns in its body were weirdly calming, like watching leaves float down from a tree in autumn. After a moment, in a much calmer tone, she added: "Apologies. What's the plan of attack? I'm not likely to be of much use in direct combat currently, but I may be useful as support and information gathering."

Almost as if in response, the mana beads orbiting her head rearranged themselves, now criss-crossing her chest in an "X" shape. The change caught Nok's eye, but Meissa herself didn't seem to notice. She was too busy staring through her blindfold toward the two sprites.

Current Goal: Getting briefed on a mission.

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (14/25):
    1. 50/100
    2. 50/100
    3. 50/100
    4. 50/100
    5. 50/100
    6. 50/100
    7. 50/100
    8. 50/100
    9. 50/100
    10. 50/100
    11. 50/100
    12. 50/100
    13. 50/100
    14. 50/100

Inventory:
    • Backpack:
      • Skinning knife
      • Oiled Waterskin
      • Blanket
      • Journal x2
      • Pen x2
      • Mess kit
      • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 am
    User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamataa ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira stood perched agaisnt a nearby fir tree as he waiting a few feet away from Zuu. He knew he was going to be working with her and two other members he had forgotten the names for if she had mentioned it to him. However, soon bright blue eyes opened underneath the brow of his helm as Kira looked over to Zuu who had seemed to sense the intended party coming towards them to which he got up from his place agaisnt the tree to meet up with the other two members of there now forming group. The first person he recognized was Kaileer and his head only tilted slightly at the surprise. His gaze turned over to a different lady with a interesting look to her. Between them seemed to have been some form of small entity that was then whisked away for the party meet an greet.

Before he could get his introduction out Zuu, referring to him as a 'waste of flesh', gave it instead. Looking at the red head for a moment with a cold stare he knew this mission was going to be long, not by the time but about the amount he would have to be around this girl. Turning his eyes to the stranger he gave a small polite bow and said, "Kira Yamata... not a waste of flesh but along for the ride none the less." With the he made sure he kept his own personal distance from the red head by at least a few feet. He had to work with her, it didn't mean he had to like it.

When introductions where made between himself, Zuu, and the new girl meissa, Kaileer listed there mission briefing. Apparently a new monster was terrorizing both yokai and humans alike which was causing problems. Similiar to what the Miessa girl was voicing Kira also didn't feel comfortable with the little intel. the creature he was after he at least knew in stories. The creature that Barikishi was describing didn't seem to fit in any one area. As it went quiet between the four of them Kira looked over to the Meissa girl and then to the other two. When the silence broke again from Miessa again asking for plans of attack Kira stepped up hoping this time by telling his skills he'd be more of use.

"Well... I'm a combat oriented individual. I use lightning and water to kill my foes. I have my sword as well for when i'm up close. I can think of a myriad of ways to stave off creatures, one being my Lightning Cage" With that Kira stopped himself from monologue any further in case the red head or barikishi wanted to add in there talents for the teams

[Actions Taken:]

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
    Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Guildmember 100
    • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Lanfaer
    Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
    • Befriended 100
    • Survivor 150
    • Hygienic 200
    PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:40 pm
    User Image

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                              [ F ]rom the weary and serious tone that Kaileer had it was clear that regardless of the lack of intel the situation was a grim one. It didn't take her long to rummage through the sinkhole of memories from the "good ol' days" of being inn a crystal and find what she was looking for: a knot of knowledge, something that had been gifted to her when her Path had been selected. Like an old friend, a drinking buddy only seen on the weekly bar crawl, someone familiar yet distant, these memories told her about what she was, how she worked, and more importantly, set reference points for knowledge she otherwise shouldn't have possessed. Sparing a moment to wonder as to whether or not everyone else had this same knot of memories she did Zuu instead closed her eyes as Kira began to speak after the other girl introduced herself and rattled off anxious queries one after the other.
                                              tab The girl with a god-like being at her whim quaked in her boots at the lack of understanding of their foe. Strangely funny, but altogether too familiar for her tastes, Zuu's days as a soldier and detective helped her understand that fear. It was the same Kaileer reeked of, the same that colored every small nervous tick of his body and the untethered terror in Meissa's. The fear of the unknown, especially an unknown that took the few laws they'd thought they understood and turned it on its head. So when it was that Kira finished his speech about his usefulness and the different skills he had at his disposal, as unvaried as they were, she cleared her throat and leaned upon her bow for support, certain the aluminum weapon could take it. "Tha dead be o' the sort tha die from the abnormal alone," she began, her brogue hopefully making it through despite the harshness and richness in her speech. "I walk tha Path o' tha Tracker, but I also tread down tha roads o' the Skald. With performance an' me wits ah can give us a wee bit o' tha abnormal meself, but it ain't be an easy 'ting. If'n our quarry be o' this type I might'n be able ter give us somethin' ter fight back with." Reaching up she tapped the side of her nose with a feral grin. "An ye be bettin' ah be knowin' when we near'n tha beasty. With such death upon thar souls it be reekin' o' filth, ahm sure!"
                                              tab Pointing towards the side where some guards had brought her horse and Kaileer's, as well as two others for Kira and Meissa, she looked back to the latter with a smirk. "If ye have a god on yerside, girl, I don't be knowin' what ya be so scared of."
                                              tab Above, the blue woman somersaulted and fell from the sky to land between the lot, her expression haughty as she crossed her arms in some level of annoyance before gunning it for Zuu, who was entirely unprepared for this action and stumbled backwards as she tried to bring up her bow. Without warning the blue girl slammed into Zuu lips first, locking her mouth to her's with assistance with her hands, as Zuu struggled to comprehend the turn of events that led to this moment of fan service. After a moment she pulled back and slid away, literally gliding across the earth as if an actual greased weasel, before she spoke in a voice that was undeniably Zuu's. "You shouldn't expect the great Mother to fight for you," she scolded, her nose rising into the air to cast her gaze low upon them all. "I'll help you, though, since you so obviously need it!"
                                              tab Unfortunately, Zuu wasn't really one for talking after that sort of "communication" without being at the least the snarkiest b***h she could be. "Ah be needin' yer help aboot as much as ye needed tha extra tongue: not at all," she proclaimed as she wiped her mouth with a vigorous twist of her hand.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:11 pm
    User Image

The barrage of questions from Meissa threw me off guard, and I realized I hadn't really thought the situation out clearly. Obviously we had very little information, but I hadn't planned out much beyond 'investigate' nor what to do if this was a real threat. The girl seemed to catch herself just as her tone grew harsh, instead asking what the plan was. I gave myself a moment to collect my thoughts while the trio exchanged introductions. Kira used a sword and lightning similarly to myself, and Zuu prided herself in being tracker and skald, the latter of the two still being a profession I was mostly unfamiliar with. Likewise, Zuu offered her two cents on the mission before us.

Before I could respond, Fiorzia spiraled her way down to us, leaving the serpentine spirit above alone for the time being. She pouted in annoyance before throwing herself at Zuu and locking lips with the red-headed woman. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. But the sprite took no notice, declaring she would help as well. I gestured at her. "This is Fiorzia. She's a sylph, a wind sprite." My gaze turned back to the others. "You all know who I am at this point. I like to think I'm good with a sword," I said half-jokingly, but grew serious once more. "As far as we can tell it shouldn't be anything airborne causing this. Scouts and patrols have been through the area in question plenty of times without incident. So we can likely rule that out. I'm glad Zuu came along, because we could use a tracker specialized in scent in case something strange does come up. That aside all those found dead looked to some extent afraid or worried, so I would assume they saw something before they died." I stared up the path and gestured for the others to follow. "But I don't think they died of fear. The victims didn't really have anything in common, outside of, as mentioned, all the yokai missing their anchors--not broken but taken."

Counter | 94 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
    • Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
    • None.

Items of Note:
    • Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
    Lanfaer
    Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 17180 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

Royal Taorito
    Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
    • Cool Cat 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    • Partygoer 500

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:09 pm
    User Image
    Meissa shifted when Kira arrived, stepping to the side to let him into the group. She returned his bow and noted a small feeling of antagonism between him and Zuu. Not enough to warrant concern, but noteworthy nonetheless. While the others went through their introductions, Meissa took the opportunity to adjust her backpack so it sat more comfortably on her shoulders. She was feeling a bit sore from her earlier exercise, and the overall weakness she felt since waking from the crystal wasn't helping.

From the sound of things, they had two close-range combatants, a flexible support, and a mid-range spellcaster, if Meissa could be counted as a combatant. Oh, and a lusty sylph and a deity. She couldn't help but wonder at Zuu referring to Nok as a god. She'd even cocked an eyebrow at the statement as soon as she'd waded through that thick accent. Gods always seemed like they'd be grander, or at least more difficult to keep around; in contrast, she wasn't convinced she was actually paying anything to keep this snake out. Maybe it was eating whatever mana she was generating in excess? She'd have to keep an eye on her hunger. For its part, the spirit snake rippled a bit in appreciation at Zuu's comment, a movement accompanied by the sound of grain rustling in a gentle breeze.

This one has a good eye, the great spirit commented smugly.

The information Kaileer provided wasn't exactly comprehensive, but it was at least reassuring. They probably weren't going to drop dead just from wandering into the wrong area. Cropping up so suddenly also implied the phenomenon was tied to something living, or else some abnormally rapid change in the environment; of the two, the former was more likely. If all of the victims had been worried or afraid before their deaths, that also meant they probably didn't have to worry much until their target showed up.

"Alright, that's somewhat reassuring," she commented after Kaileer finished. She tilted her head toward the center of their group. "I'm guessing we'll piece together more once we're on-site." She observed their group while thoughts flowed through her head. In more than one sense, it had been quite a while since she last ran a mission like this. "I'll follow your lead," she stated simply after a moment. Her mana orbs started orbiting her body more freely, most of them forming a halo around her head.

And I, yours, Nok said from just above her. It had shifted so its chin was resting on her halo, shifting weightlessly as the beads moved under it. She felt small so close to its massive body. She wanted to ask the spirit to step back a bit, but refrained, instead opting to flip up the hood of her white cloak and cross her arms inside it.

Current Goal: Getting briefed on a mission.

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (15/25):
    1. 50/100
    2. 50/100
    3. 50/100
    4. 50/100
    5. 50/100
    6. 50/100
    7. 50/100
    8. 50/100
    9. 50/100
    10. 50/100
    11. 50/100
    12. 50/100
    13. 50/100
    14. 50/100
    15. 50/100

Inventory:
    • Backpack:
      • Skinning knife
      • Oiled Waterskin
      • Blanket
      • Journal x2
      • Pen x2
      • Mess kit
      • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:41 pm
    User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamataa ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira gave a soft nod to what everyone was saying, Meissa's long range, Zuu's support with the damn lute, and barikishi's sword play and strength he had seen when he wrestled the 'horses'. As he had thought of the horses they captured four of them appeared accompanied by a guard. Kira tilted his head slightly as he went up to the beast of burden. Slowly going towards it Kira held out his hand until he met with the Horse's muzzle. With a slight reaction from both of them Kira tried to become more comfortable with the mount. Kira smiled under his helm and decided to take it off for now, leaving the ragged black cloth he called a mask, on his face. Gently stroking the muzzle and then slowly to the neck He made sure his movements where slow to what he would consider his partner for this trip. Who knows maybe if he did well he could ask to purchase the horse himself.

Tying his helmet to part of the horses saddle Kira gripped the saddle and crawled atop the steed. Adjusting himself to the mount Kira again stroked the horses neck to ease it a bit before looking to his companions. He saw the look of shock on everyone, including himself shocked, by the lip lock action Zuu had been given by the sprite. Blinking his bright pale blue eyes he couldn't help but snicker under his mask. To him the act was merely mischief at the expense of Zuu's lips. Something light hearted as a snicker made him feel a bit more at ease he guessed.

As Kaileer made mention of the victims a bit more Kira soaked it up inside his mind to try and prepare himself. Though of course nothing can be prepared when it comes into action. Still extracting a 'anchor' of these yokai without it being broken he knew would take a moderate level of skill. With that done Kaileer signaled for everyone to move out and follow, to which Kira gave a small squeeze with his legs and clicked at the horse twice to try and move forward to follow Kaileer.

""

[Actions Taken:]

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
    Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Guildmember 100
    • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Lanfaer
    Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
    • Befriended 100
    • Survivor 150
    • Hygienic 200
    PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:08 pm
    User Image

tab
                                              [ K ]aileer's further explanation of events gave Zuu pause as she considered possibilities. Even as she moved towards her own horse she gave voice to a few of them, musing as she did. "Fear be a sign tha' what they saw must o' been 'nough ter still thar hearts," was but the beginning as she moved away from the stallion that was meant for Kaileer towards the mare that she'd taken a liking to before. When? Difficult to say, her brain was muddled about it, but the scent of that particular mount stirred the part of her that existed back then. Eyeing the horns that snaked backwards then forwards to become twin spears of death she continued. "Genju-, er...Illusions ah 'spose, be tha more likely o' reasons. But ah be betting tha' if'n that be the case someone must be a' tha' hart o' tha matter. Could na' be a force o' nature, else it'd not be choosy as a toddler 'bout who it be huntin'. Thar be design here, an' I be bettin' thayr 'ware it be nothin' but a mattah o' time fore sum'un' shows ter stop i'tall." Holding out her hand to the horse she eyed it carefully as it returned her stare before snatching one of the horns and hauling her a** onto the mount with a skilled, practiced leap.
                                              tab The horse immediately sidestepped, causing Zuu to land poorly and forcing her to fall to the ground in a heap. A swish of the tail, the stamp of a hoof, and it was clear the mare had decided it wasn't going to listen to some surely b***h. The handler immediately moved to help her and calm the Mare but Zuu instead held her hand out and kept her eyes on the beast before standing, moving forward, and seizing its bit in an iron grip. Eyes locked, she waited, watching, and showed no fear, no anger, just a steely, iron resolve that if the horse did that again she would make life unpleasant at least, ad a swift end to it at worst.
                                              tab The whites of its eyes slowly began to appear as it caught on. A black mare with a white stripe down her back and between her eyes, she was a beautiful creature to behold. But what none her knew was that despite her knowledge, skill, and experience with horses, horses tended to hate her. It wasn't even a specific issue with her species but a personal one. She'd yet to meet a horse who didn't want to kick her teeth in on the regular. She'd dealt with them the same way, establishing herself as the owner, a predator if necessary, and the master that it should be paying attention to. Reaching into her belt she pulled out a single sugar cube, something she'd brought along for this reason, she extended it as a peace offering and nodded slowly when she took it from Zuu's upraised hand. Finally, she swung onto the creature's back and settled in the saddle, her expression triumphant. "Yer name be Tost, which'n be what ye should be if'n ye got not a 'ting ter say tha be useful," she proclaimed with even levels of surety and enjoyment. Turning to look back at the group she reached over and took the reins for the stallion and dragged his sorry a** towards Kaileer before tossing the reigns to him with a smirk. "Aye. Let's be goin. Ah'll keep me sniffer turned ter anythin' tha might be a threat."

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff