Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm
User Image
Meissa observed the creatures Kira retrieved with a detached curiosity, thinking them livestock or pack mules up until he mounted one. They certainly looked... odd, but she wasn't going to argue. Fluffy horses weren't really her speed, but the horns were cool, she thought. Without much experience riding anything similar to these creatures, she followed Kira and Zuu's leads and offered her hand to one of the creatures.

"Genju-"

Meissa caught that one fragment of a word and went stiff. She wasn't sure how to react to someone using familiar terminology in this world, much less correcting themselves on top of that. Was it designed to get a rise out of her? If so, it had succeeded. The placement of those sounds had dragged her focus away from the potential doom awaiting her on this mission and right back to how fake this all could be.

What is the matter? Nok's booming, weightless voice sounded in her head. It circled her, keeping one eye always focused on the young lady.

The creature Meissa had been offering her hand sniffed deeply and huffed. It grew agitated as the great spirit circled overhead, but before it could bolt, Meissa took hold of its reins and placed a hand on its woolly neck. At this, the wind spirit retreated to above the gates.

With some help from a handler, she managed to climb onto the horse-goat-thing. This one was luckily more agreeable than the one Zuu had been dealing with, which was good: this was surely going to be difficult enough without having to deal with an ornery one.

"Let's go," she said quietly, more to herself than anyone else. She set out a moderate distance behind Zuu, her nerves tingling in anticipation of the dangers this unknown world posed. The sky serpent swooped down as soon as she was clear of the city, taking up a position just above her head.

Current Goal: Riding into the sunset on an hoat.

Mana: 350/350
Stamina: 150/150
Experience: 1525
Money: 500

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (16/25):
  1. 50/100
  2. 50/100
  3. 50/100
  4. 50/100
  5. 50/100
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Weaponry: Senbon x30 (in a bundle on her belt, below her backpack)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 pm
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamataa ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira looked behind as he heard the sound of what was the mounts disagreeing with something. He had to hold in his snicker and rolled his lips into his covered mouth. He couldn't believe the hilarity of this. Once she finally had a hold of the beast though she smoothly seemed to mount the beast... Kira looked at his own Steed as he turned its head by one of the reigns fastened to its horns, left and right respectively, before letting Zuu take the lead and Kira following close behind. When Zuu made mention of Genjutsu as a slip up to the new worlds illusion Kira looked down. his eyes grew misty at the recollection of the older days of the past.

Shaking his head a bit he Looked to the girl with the spirit creature and said,

"If you would kindly take up the rear Meissa. with both you and your spirit its better to have the most eyes in the back... if no one objects that is" Kira would leave the question out there for Zuu and Kaileer As Kira himself started to move forward behind Zuu. He turned his head back to the girl and said, "Don't worry about your Hoat, Miss Meissa
I have no doubt she'll take care of you.
he slowly turned back to his "Hoat" as he called it and said softly, "Isn't that right, Ebonheart?
[Actions Taken:]

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm
鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

As They entered from the outskirts of the village Kira was following behind Kaileer and meissa in an attempt to keep his Steed more steady so as not to rouse the boy tied to the saddle, Servus. As soon as Kira and his Hoat managed to cross the threshold of the village entrance Kira looked back to Servus with a small worry that he may attack without provocation due to being taking, not to what the others might think, to a strange place without his consent. As he kept looking back to servus he finally decided to ride a bit further ahead to ride alongside Kaileer and asked

Barikishi.. I'm concerned on what might happen when he wakes up in a strange place without him wanting to be their. May I suggest that you, meissa, myself and Zuu interact with him for the most part instead of unfamiliar doctors looking at him 24 hrs of the day? I... dont exactly know how that could be managed but its just my suggestion. Kira would ride alongside Kaileer To hear what he had to say on the matter.

Mana Bar: 420/420
Stamina Bar: 445/445
BP Bar: 450/450

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:47 pm
User Image
Meissa rode back into Ikeinasu quietly, preoccupied both with watching their surroundings via her and Nok's senses, and also with the information she'd extracted from Servus. She nodded at the guards and had the sky snake fly over the gates, but there wasn't much thought behind the action.

Now that she was returning from a mission in this new land for the first time, she realized just how unmoored she felt. There was a sense of duty to protect the people here, but that was only out of gratitude for their treatment of her thus far and not out of a sense of home. She felt the Land of Wind sitting neatly in the back of her head, filled with people and places she knew, like she'd just gone on a short vacation. If she were to accept this new world as reality, she logically understood that that wasn't the case. The people would have changed and anything she recognized would be ancient, but she couldn't help but hope.

Warm air in the south. Tomorrow will be wet.

The young lady started. Nok's commentary brought her out of herself for the first time in a while. It felt like it had been months since she'd heard him like this. She'd figured it was because of Servus' presence, but evidently that wasn't the case.

Can you tell my horoscope too? she joked silently. Outwardly, she started looking for any sign of Zuu, who she'd assumed would've beaten them here handily.

What is a "horoscope"?

Meissa was about to explain when she caught Kira's suggestion. She took a moment to mull it over. Giving Servus familiar faces to interact with may calm him, but it may also crystallize his rage toward them in particular. Did she want to deal with that possibility? Did she want much to do with any of this? Well, not really, but she was already involved. She also wanted answers, and talking to the person in question was probably the best way to go about it. That meant she had to stay involved.

"Not a bad suggestion, if it can be worked out. That might even be the safest route to take, at least for a while."

Current Goal: Heading back to Ikeinasu.

Experience: 2825

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (Max. 25):
  1. 50/100 (Embedded: Nok)
  2. 50/100 (Embedded: Meissa's hoat)
  3. 50/100 (Embedded: Kira's hoat)
  4. 50/100 (Embedded: Kaileer's hoat)
  5. 50/100 (Embedded: Zuu's hoat)
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100
  24. 50/100
  25. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:13 pm
User Image

__________________The Thunder Rolls ||
tab The guards might well have been enjoying their day before they noticed the trees rumbling in the distance, dislodging their payload of snow to the forest earth below. A tree swayed violently for a moment before another, closer, shook and swayed while the former slowed to a halt. At first the guards might well have been confused yet it would take no time at all for them to realize exactly what it meant when the trees south of the city began to sway even faster, before they all fell still and something massive lumbered in the shadows of the forest, something with multiple segmented legs and a head with far too many eyes, bigger than a house and built must like one itself. Slowly the figure rotated, hunching it's back in an unnatural way that no arachnid should ever be able to do, before a single individual, a featherless rat with wings, was deposited into the snow without further ado from its almighty backside. The titanic beast rotated again until it towered over the girl and waited further orders.
tab

Im the girl one

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:46 am
User Image
Hey, you, Baby Blues, show me what you gonna do!
Say I'm not a sinner but you make me a liar!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [ T ]he run from the outskirts to the gates of the town was quite refreshing in Zuu's opinion, since it gave her a chance to push herself just that much further than normal. To push one's limits was quite delicious after a near transformation, which appeared to happen more and more these days. Was it being a teenager that riled her hormones so? Two months she'd been awake, and now she struggled to remember her body from before. Either way, such emotional states were wearying from trying to hold it in, to hide what she was, lest others think her a monster still, so resisting the most natural of instincts to become her true self wore her down as no other experience could. The rush of blood through her veins, it's force pounding in her ears, cleared her head of the blood stupor and the desire to tear Kira's heart out and feed it to him for his stupidity. It left her time to think, and right now she needed that.
                                            tab Two months. Not all that long since waking, but more than enough to get some idea of what she wanted to do. Some sort of guide post, mission, quest, or goal that she sorely needed. Her, and everyone else. Not that she liked it but it did give her some potential understanding for Kira's mental difficulties. She saw it everywhere, a strange lack of concern or understanding for the predicament that their entire species and culture faced. Their world as they knew it was gone, and yet with an ego born of centuries of planetary dominance the 'human' face acted as if coming back was just them taking back what was already theirs'. She could see it in the people around the town who looked at the strange Kokoro and the rarer Anzu that traveled through, let alone the 'monster' races that cropped up among their own. Outsiders, their eyes cried. Strange, inhuman, and below them. IT was a look she had seen before, but one she couldn't understand now. It wasn't Mankind's world anymore. Now, they were the invaders in someone else's land, and so many just...didn't see it.
                                            tab Case in point when she left the line of trees and witnessed a giant goddamn spider poop out an entire Anzu like it was nothing.
                                            tab Much like the guards she was shellshocked, skidding to a halt and throwing herself behind a tree to put anything she could between herself and the building-sized arachnid that not stood before the gates. She...didn't know what to say or do here. Zuu had been an officer, a guard, not a scout or negotiator. She wasn't a history buff nor was she good with words, her talents being the type to bring more harm than help.
                                            tab So she stood at the edge of the trees and waited, keeping an ear out for Kaileer and company for when they arrived so she could signal to them to halt.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
A little good won't stop the devil.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:44 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Tsukihara Region - Ikeinasu - Northern Gates

((For Zuu))
The shaking of the trees leading up the road to Ikeinasu was more than enough to send the guards at the gates on alert. In fact, by the time the massive creature emerged from them, the entirety of the available guards of the south gate had gathered, including the young man that was regarded as the captain of the guard. Each of the eight people present watched the titanic spider-like monster with some sort of mix between horror and resolution, clear that they would die for their village if needed.

When the creature stopped and a figure was deposited, however, although no one moved or relaxed, their expressions changed to confusion. After a moment with no attack, the dark-haired leader took a few cautious steps forward, gaze flickering between the hairless creature, the group that had just returned, and the spider, his hands before him in a fighter's stance. Lightning danced around his fists. "Who are you and what do you want?" he called out. "Yokai aren't welcome here."

-----

I felt relieved as our surroundings became more familiar, and watched silently as Fiorzia made her presence known once more and flited ahead of us, bent on reaching the town first. Kira's voice drew my attention back to the presence though. Keep interactions to a minimum. While I agreed, something was wrong with him and, as far as I knew, none of the four of us were medically trained. Well, I didn't know much about Meissa, but it hadn't been too long since she arrived in Ikeinasu. "I'm in agreement, but I do want to have my head medic look at him. He's dealt with various levels of corruption since we've encountered the Yokai."

A rumbling began in the distance, growing steadily louder as we traveled. The stallion under me whickered nervously, and shuffled. I hadn't had an opportunity to teach him to remain calm, but worried about a potential attack, I picked up our pace, rising to a gallop before a short stretch. I could only hope the other two kept up--and that Zuu wasn't in any danger wherever she was ahead of us.

As the gates, and, more importantly, the massive arachnid that had approached the village, came into view, I jerked Halij to a halt, although a good portion of that was him as well. As soon as the horse was slow enough, I leapt from his back, drawing my blade to face what I could only assume was the largest Yokai I had ever seen. Zuu stood not far from us, bewildered by the sight before her as much as I was. Beyond it to the gates, the guards along with Ryōma held fast, ready to attack at the first sign of aggression. The guard captain looked as if he were waiting for an answer. Taking Zuu's signal to stop, I signaled for the other two to wait as well, but I let mana flow into Zephyr, causing a gentle wind to swirl around the blade.

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 104 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
• Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 600 / 600 .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 18380 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:45 am
鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

As There entourage came closer to the town Kira's gaze was fixed on the boy on his saddle, trying to manage a slow pace on the Hoat so as not to wake him up. However he noticed Kaileers hoat stopping without warning to Kira at least, making him halt and saw the gigantic shadow of a spider before them all. Kira's first instinct was to draw his blade out and fight it, However looking at the enormity of the creature Kira calmed his senses and slowly went off the saddle.Kira looked at Kaileer, then to Zuu who seemed to be on alert as well, accompanied by a few guards who looked about to soil themselves by the arachnid, and then to meissa and corvus. as he took a look around Kira tried to calm himself before approaching Kaileer to his side and watched as the blade he had was swirling with a magnificent breeze to it. Kira would turn to the giant arachnid before his eyes wandered downward to view a small bat like individual. Taking a look at both the bat and the spider Kira had a guess to at least one things intentions.

Placing his left hand on Kaileer's right shoulder Kira tried to advise,
Kaileer.... I dont think its wise to attack right now. This Spider looks mroe than capable enough to kill any one of us. But right now i think its acting like some sort of mount for the small... creature over there. With that said Kira stood at Kaileer's side his left hand now resting on Firebrand and readying himself incase a battle was indeed about to commence.

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:34 pm
User Image
It had been a long day. Traveling by hoat, encountering a new and violent individual, sharing her senses with things, gathering information in a new area, all of it was enough that Meissa was starting to relish the idea of sequestering herself in her apartment or a quiet corner of the library. Naturally, as soon as she started planning out the rest of her day, they had to encounter a giant spider. She wasn't too surprised to see it thanks to Nok's forewarning, but she very much didn't want to deal with it.

She pulled up alongside the rest of the group and made a few mental notes:
  1. Nok wasn't as perturbed by this spider as he was Servus, who still seemed to be unconscious.
  2. The guards seemed to be trying to talk to either the beast or the creature it had deposited. That made her wonder whether yokai could be communicated with, but that was a question for later.
  3. The creature the spider had brought was unlike any she'd ever seen before. It also seemed to be the spider's ally--or perhaps its master--based on how the beast was acting. Could the bird-person be a medium of some sort with control over yokai? Perhaps some sort of tamer with an arachnid fixation?

She kept the majority of her attention on the unconscious lad they were ferrying into the city, growing increasingly worried about how long he could stay unconscious. Given how the others were acting, this situation was likely them choosing between certain and uncertain death, with their cargo sitting neatly in the latter role.

Small things, but they move quickly, Nok mused. It sighed, causing a cool breeze to ruffle Meissa's hair. She shivered and pulled her cloak closed tighter.

Big enough to eat me in one bite, she quipped back.

Hm? Ah, that too. All of you are so small, yet so much happens down here. The clouds are more comfortable.

They do seem quite relaxing. Unfortunately it's been a while since I was up that high. Do come with me next time; I'm sure it will be enlightening.

Current Goal: Watching a presumably satisfying bowel movement.

Experience: 2850

6. 100/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100
  24. 50/100
  25. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Im the girl one

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:31 pm
User Image

tab The bird-like creature would be the first to move in this standoff as the arachnid merely awaited it's turn. It raised its wing-arms to its sides, rattling the bronze and brass bands, rings, and other jewelry it wore, and opened its jaws to speak. Jaws, yes, for the creature's skull was shaped more like a rat with fanged jaws like a wild cat, and when it spoke it spoke in the voice and language of Man. Though a tendency to chew letters and lisp some vowels did make it difficult to speak, it was clearly fluent. "The Yokai stand to your north, Man," it began, the capital letter prominent in its title for them. Gesturing with a sweeping bow tilted to the side to indicate the beast behind them it continued. "We come from the West. My masters offer you greetings, and wish to extend the first of what they hope will be many pleasantries between Man and the Eglatik."
tab The Arachnid- which, the further one looked at it, could pinpoint unique characteristics that made it quickly obvious it was by no means a normal spider physiologically- raised it's mandibles and raised it's head. Yes, raised it's head, something a spider couldn't do since it lacked a neck. Not so this beasty, which raised its head from within a hollow it had been hiding itself within its cephalothorax. The head appeared to be a mix of insect and some titanic canine, with jaws filled with teeth and a snout that bore mandibles all its own. It let out a bugling cry that sounded like no beast they'd ever heard, a noise unholy in its intonations, as it arched its back and spines grew up from is abdomen's top in an arcing fashion.
tab The Rat-bird thing then explained. "I am but the voice of my Masters to translate for you. This is but a vehicle for my masters, what we call Jurin, who lie within. May we have assurances of peace before they exit the safety of their carrier?"

Ergo War

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:37 pm
鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Crap.. First a child who can launch chitinous growths from his arm, now a supposed entourage within what looked like a arachnid abomination from sort of made up hell. Looking between Kaileer, the spider, and the weird.. talking rat bird, Kira took a deep breath and started to walk forward slowly towards the being before them. His heart started to beat rapidly as he approached the both of the creatures. As he went closer towards them, Kira said in a softer tone, thinking that this 'Etalik' or whatever it called itself would be able to understand him without having to shout and possibly hurt its rat like ears,

If..and I do mean if, what you say is true, im sure our leadership can guarantee that your people will not be harmed by the villagers and personally speaking, if they any of them did do something I would help Figuring out the culprits. But before we can let your leaders in I believe I wouldnt be far out of my person to ask... Why do you come to us now?

Kira would hold his stance from their waiting for itself to explain, not that they could do much with the giant spider over their heads other than 'thanks but no thanks.." Kira kept his gaze on the being trying not to look up towards the.. something like gurin? Jurin?

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:16 pm
User Image
With each new development, Meissa felt more and more alienated from a world she'd thought she was getting used to. She needed a break. Kira stepping in to talk with the beings she might very well have labeled "monsters" moments ago let her concentrate on smaller things. In this instance, namely, that was keeping the hoats calm. She didn't have much knowledge on how exactly to do that, but being connected to them through her beads afforded her some leeway on that front. She slowed her breathing and quelled her anxious heart, trying to let them feel her calm.

Too agitated by half, Nok remarked. A moment later, she felt a smooth sort of calm pour around her, flowing through her head into her beads. She remained unaffected, like a boulder jutting out of the river, its top remaining dry. Whether or not it would work was still up in the air, but she was satisfied for now.

She shifted her attention back to the spiderlike being and its ratbird cohort. When the former extended its neck, Meissa found herself comparing it to a turtle, a thought which in short order turned to the question of whether taxonomy applied to these entities. She returned the cohort's bow as she mentally filed the words "Eglatik" and "Jurin" away. She needed to find out more about these people at some point. Maybe tomorrow, after she'd gotten some sleep. Maybe after they'd properly addressed Servus. She made sure to keep an eye out for any movement on his part, as well as any reactions the visiting delegation might have. She was tempted to take Servus into Ikeinasu herself, but she wasn't sure what she'd do with him since the guards were probably dealing with this situation. Plus, she didn't want to draw undue attention.

Current Goal: Wondering how long someone can remain unconscious so close to a large spider.

Experience: 2900

6. 100/100
  7. 100/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100
  24. 50/100
  25. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:58 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Tsukihara Region - Ikeinasu - Northern Gates

Kira's hand on my shoulder nearly made me jump from the tension, but I managed to resist it. Who said anything about attacking? This strange creature that had appeared seemingly out of nowhere we knew nothing about. Of course I was going to be on the defense. And if it came to it I would protect the town with my last breath. Doing my best not to look incredulous, I muttered under my breath, "Touch me again and you'll lose your hand." I was already on edge with the constant paranoia banging around in my head. I didn't want to do something out of my own control.

As the smaller creature that I had not initially noticed beside the arachnid spoke up, Zuu and Meissa did not move. Kira, on the other hand, seemed to have his own plans. "Damn it, Kira!" I hissed, but he was already speaking. Growling, I pushed myself up to move after him, revealing myself to the potential threats as well. "I can speak for myself, thank you," I said more loudly, drawing the creature's attention to me, and, in turn, the guards as well, who looked relieved. "I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding why you have come here. You'll find no threat from us unless provoked. But first, I have an injured young man who needs to be taken to safety before we can continue."

Glancing at Ryōma, I gestured for him to step forward. As the head of my guard, I trusted him with my life. "Can you and Kira guide our guests to my office, and make sure that any needs are met? I'll be there as soon as I can."

The younger Hakemoto looked concerned, his fists only lowering slightly--although the lightning mana did dissipate. "Kaileer, are you--" I gave him a hard look and he closed his mouth. With another wary look at the massive spider, he gestured first to Kira, and then to the bird-rat-thing, to come with him whenever they were ready. The rest of the guard remained closed but dispersed otherwise.

More or less satisfied, I made my way back to the horses to check on Servus and get him moved into the town.

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 105 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
• Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 600 / 600 .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 18405 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm
User Image

tab The bird creature watched Kaileer approach and bowed as the young lord was introduced. Its alien eyes watched him with mild concern for a moment as he spoke, and when he finished the creature tried to speak but, perhaps due to unknown social concerns, fell silent as Kaileer turned his back.
tab This didn't last, however, as Zuu turned towards Servus and it caught sight of the boy.
tab Immediately it shouted something in its alien tongue, a combination of hisses and clicks, that caused the spider to pull back further into the trees and the avian creature to step back and raised its arms to cross above its head, revealing that some of it's 'garment' was in fact gilded skin flaps similar to those of a flying squirrel that attached to the underside of its arms. It spoke quickly to explain, the clear tones of concern, potentially even panic, in its voice. "Ey'ricl, lord! Echo of Creation's Cyst, it is! Dangerous! Warning! Kill us, it will!"
tab The spider creature clicked its mandibles, its movements giving the impression of caution and readiness in one go, though it 'spoke' no language that was apparent.

Ergo War

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:27 pm
User Image
Things were going from bad to worse, but Meissa was almost okay with this change. This development had been far more expected than most of the other things she'd gone through since waking up. Without so much as batting an eyelash, she hopped back on her horse and started escorting the others toward the gates. Kaileer had been fairly clear on that front. Leaving Servus out here wouldn't be good for the situation, anyway, and she couldn't assume the others had the free time to help.

Can you keep an eye out for any reinforcements? she silently asked the spirit bobbing overhead.

Would you not rather I watch the creatures nearby? Nok responded. Meissa felt its focus shift to the forests and mountains nearby, though even with that the miasma surrounding Servus still left a bad taste in her mouth.

If this becomes a fight, things are liable to escalate very quickly. I'm not currently equipped to handle that or disseminate information quickly enough for it to matter on this scale. I have a better chance of helping this way.

Mm. You seem used to this. You won't fight?

This is the only part of this world I understand thus far. And no. If it comes to a fight, our guest is likely to wake up. I'll release you in that case and try to flee on my own.

She kept her senses sharp and breathing calm as she approached the gates. It wouldn't do to have the horses bolt now. They just needed to get in the city and to the hospital. Then they could offload Servus, give the medics there a rundown of the situation, and then... sleep? She was at a loss for what she would do in this land that was still so foreign to her. Sleep and eat, probably, then perhaps some sightseeing, or more likely some studying. Regardless, that was a problem for later.

Current Goal: Ferrying some cargo to the gates very calmly.

Experience: 2925

6. 100/100
  7. 100/100
  8. 100/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100
  24. 50/100
  25. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out