• Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:06 pm
User Image

[火]____T h e____B a t t l e m e n t s____[火]
Guarding_____The_____Future

______________A r e a ... D e s c r i p t i o n ||
____Surrounding the once beautiful Land of Fire is a titanic wall the size of mountains that rings it in its entirety. From within these somewhat natural walls the sky is darkened from perpetual smoke that belches from a terrifying rift in the world's mantle at its heart. Smaller volcanoes lay scattered about, but between their plumes the sky is strangely distorted by blue and red light that wars for territory. Yet it is not the sky that should bother anyone, before they can ever see the depths of the land proper they must get through the Western Battlements. Truly titanic gates built from machinery and steel never before seen, the portcullis that seals the way bears the ancient symbol of Fire etched into its surface with veins of a strange, glowing red stone that radiates chakra at magnificent scale. The gates stretch for over eight hundred feet wide and across, seemingly carved from the mountains around it and cast in steel wrought black by the heat. Around its feet lay bones of varying sizes, picked clean long ago and even now growing lichen that bears the same ruddy hue as the symbol on the gate.

______________P o i n t s ... O f ... I n t e r e s t ||
____ • The Hellwrought Forest → These trees lay just within the Battlements and stretch for nearly twenty miles across and deep. What look to be trees grow here with black, barbed leaves, yet one look is enough to see that these trees are made of iron. The "trees" range in size from small to enormous, as any forest would, and upon their trunks and limbs translucent crystals with hearts of fire grow like lesions upon their metallic flesh.
____ • The Boneyard → Just outside the Battlements on the outside is a seemingly old slaughter yard where hundreds, if not thousands had died. The earth is torn and solidified where once blood and bone, tooth and claw had rent its surface. These bones have petrified, with ruddy lichen growing upon their surfaces and strange, reddened crystals seeming to grow from the bones themselves.

______________N e a r b y ... L o c a t i o n s ||
____???
____???
____???

______________K n o w nD e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
____???
____???
____???

______________U n k n o w n D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
____???
____???
____???

______________R u l e s ||
____The gates are closed, and cannot be passed through. Any attempts to open the gates should be brought to the attention of the Event Coordination Team.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 pm
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||

→→ Fire, brimstone, and the scent of scorched dreams filled the forest proper. Even as things crawled within the loose earth the scent continued to rise and expand as a miasma that entered one's lungs with every breath they'd take. Each inhalation would scorch and scour the lungs, even as walking upon the ground between, blackened with fallen foliage, would lacerate the feet of the unwary. Hot. Sharp. Wretched. Even the things that wound their way through the forest, or up the sharp-edged bark and through the dense, red-hued leaves helped give the name of this forest its support.
→→ Hellwrought,
→→ It was in one clearing, bereft of any leaves or foliage of any sort, that a stone and steel alter had been erected before twelve cages, each filled and closed around a chrysalis. Enclosed as they were, as they cracked and readied to spill forth their creation, it left consideration for how those within would escape. Perhaps it would happen with the aid of the strange fellow in blackened, scorched robes that glowed with an eerie, hellish light. Given the silver key dangling from his neck that would be most probable option. Perhaps his silence, accented by the little black serpents that moved in halting, jerking movements around him, was an insinuation in and of itself.
→→ And perhaps, as the crystals shattered and he knelt before the alter, barely higher than his knee standing, and pulled his hood over his face, he would prove more a hindrance than helpful.

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:54 pm
User ImageTl;dr. The narrator whispers, "I hate you all. Rocks fall. Everyone dies." Xion was having a pleasant nap. At least, it felt like a pleasant nap suspended in a sea of nothing. Usually, that would cause her to fall into a terrified panic, but not this one. No, this time, she just drifted along with it. Something told her this nothingness was inevitable, but that it would one day end. Until then, she enjoyed her beauty sleep.

That "then" was when her crystal eventually cracked. Splintering into sharp, jagged edges, Xion's chrysalis broke apart with what sounded 10 times more noise than was really necessary for the task at hand. Loud and obnoxious was her entrance into this brave new world.

Dressed in her usual maid attire, Xion's first taste of the world that had changed so much was sulfur. Literally, she tasted sulfur in the air. Heat strong enough to imitate the noon summer sun except it came from all directions except just one threatened to burn her skin and quickly dried her throat. It felt like Xion hadn't drunk anything in ages, which was probably true, but that was besides the point. She was incredibly thirsty, very disoriented, and wondering if maybe she had become a squid again like that one time. After a funny wiggling of all limbs, she determined that she had, indeed, not become a squid.

Then, in that case, what was she? She certainly felt human, but she couldn't possibly be feeling this kind of heat as a human. No way, not unless she was next door neighbors with a volcano.

Also, she was caged. That was sort of worrisome. Was she then a sort of bird? No, she definitely had arms, not wings.

Was there... no one around to provide answers? Xion couldn't see anyone (ha, get it?), and having awoken too late to hear any of the movement made by the hooded man, Xion had no way to really realize that there was someone watching her. Believing that they were hiding because clearly that was the logical course to take, Xion called out into the unknown, "Olly olly oxen free?" which was of course most definitely the universal signal for hiders to reveal themselves.

Solas Crua

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 am
User Image
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ M i y u k i F u j i m o t o
                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

n i n j u t s u | p e r f o r m e r | k i r i g a k u r e | g e n i n | f e m a l e

c h a k r a115 // 115
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

x" Hanasanai de | Gyutto te wo nigitteite | Anata to futari tsuzuku to itte "

Floating in an endless abyss. When did she fall asleep? She couldn’t remember. But the darkness was strangely comforting, despite her dislike of it. It embraced her like a blanket, and provided a sense of security that she wasn’t sure she’d ever felt before. At least, until a loud crack sounded through the nothingness, and light flooded from somewhere beyond, the suddenness of it making her cringe. She was wrenched back into reality as the darkness shattered completely. And then she was falling.

Miyuki didn’t fall far, however, dropping to her knees when her legs couldn’t support her weight, and then to her side. The sweltering heat hit her first, the air thick and soupy with the stench of rotten eggs that might have been sulfur and soot. It made her eyes and nose sting every time she breathed in. Her lungs seized when she tried to take a deep breath, no fresh air to be found, and she wound up coughing until she could manage to get her legs under her and cover her face with her cloak. Wide eyes glanced around her, looking for a trace of anything familiar. But there was nothing to be found. Just how far had her feet carried her this time?

No, that didn’t seem right. She didn’t think she’d just wandered there. That darkness had been something beyond sleep, something much deeper and more horrifying, despite the odd sense of safety it gave her. What’s more, she felt weak, weaker than she could remember being since that day under the Sero tree, and that made the things inhabiting her body writhe in desperation. They threatened to take over. Squeezing her eyes shut, Miyuki focused all of the mental capacity she had on forcing them back, forcing them to cooperate with her, and, for the moment, they listened. We are one, not many. Don’t make me go through that again. She wasn’t sure how long they would cooperate with her before the bloodlust rose up again, but at least she, and anyone around her, were safe for the time being. [1]

Another voice jolted Miyuki back to the present, and she glanced to the side looking for its source. She realized then that even though she’d taken in her surroundings before, she hadn’t really seen anything. Now that she could, the cage that she was in registered, as did the dozen others scattered around her. In a cage not far from her own was another young girl, pale hair but she couldn’t catch an eye color from where she was. Miyuki didn’t recognize her, but there were a lot of people in the world--although she didn’t know that wasn’t the case anymore. Still she seemed just about as lost as Miyuki felt.

There was someone else there. Miyuki snapped her gaze back to the front of the cage she was in before carefully pushing herself to her feet, grabbing one of the larger shards and a very small shard of crystal as she stood. A robed figure knelt before what looked like an altar upon which their prisons were placed. Were they meant to be sacrificed or something? Or were they being worshipped? It was impossible to see an expression on the figure’s face, and to be honest Miyuki wasn’t sure she wanted to. Still, it was worth a shot to see if she could at least get his attention. Or maybe even distract him while she figured out what to do. “Uh… Hey! Um…” She glanced at the key around the figure’s neck and slipped the shards she’d gathered into a pocket at her hip, placing her hands on her hips to disguise the motion further. “I don’t suppose you could let us out of here, yeah?”

" Tsunaida sono te wa atatakakute | Yasashikatta "

Aritaryn

Dopy Grimes

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:41 pm
Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

Lanfaer

User ImageUser Image

Oh dear oh my what has happened to our poor drug addicted Oni? Ooooooh? Kaguya so it appears. He will most definitely be unhappy about the change, but the boy does love to spice things up once in a while. Holy s**t. I'm gonna ******** kill myself if I have to spend another day with your s**t narration! Chet so rudely interrupted. For someone as lonely as himself he did have a tendency of pushing those that cared for him away. YOU'RE ON PAY ROLL THOUGH! Chet interjected. Although some may say that after all these years of having to narrate his sad and pathetic life I have grown fond of him. Oh? What's this? The crystal seems to be cracking.

"MOTHER ********!" Would be the first words the boy would announce to the world beckoning his return. Chet first and foremost was a poet you see. Now art came in various shapes and forms so while most would see his choice of words as crude and unsavory, a pack of frenzied barbarians would all laugh and cheer! Everything was about perspective! Or maybe the boy was just an idiot. I would wager on the latter. "Shut the ******** up." The idiot boy grumbled while his face was stuck on the hard, dead ground. Now to who he was speaking to was up to anyone's guess. Maybe he was referring to the two female's who had been unlucky enough to awaken together with him. Or maybe he was insane.

His first breath would've been painful if his lungs and throat weren't used to being abused by countless nights of meaningless debauchery. Even then the air still managed to be a cruel reminder that the world was not welcoming him back. Right from the get go he would have to survive. And he loved it. At first his body wouldn't respond to his commands, but he slowly began remembering how to move. He heard voices, but didn't see them. All he did see was a bag near the area where he slept and an arbalest leaning on it. Arrows were scattered around. The boy would quickly spring into action and move towards the weapon. Quickly preparing the weapon and aiming at whoever was ready to test his patience. "You gotta be ********' kidding me!"

With both of his hands gripped on the large weapon, Chet frantically darted his aim between the two young girls he had been so unfortunate to wake up with. "What the s**t is going on?! I DON'T LIKE WAKING UP WITH CHILDREN I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL STOP USING DRUGS THIS IS NOT OK I WANT OUT!" He shouted as sweat began to build up from the heat of the general area and the implications running through the idiot's head. The last thing he remembered was...Partying among the damned. Then someone else caught his attention. Someone much more menacing then the two kawaii characters stuck with Chet.

Chet awkwardly walked towards the robbed figure with the keys with his big weapon. The kaguya boy aimed straight at the center of the being's chest. "You heard the lil lady. I'm gonna need you to let us out of here. Now I know we're a very unique and diverse cast of individuals in a very mundane scenario, but we're also human beings!" In the back of his mind the boy kept repeating, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t, Holy ******** s**t!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:53 pm

→→ So many words, so many thoughts, so many sounds to barrage the figure kneeling at his altar. The figure who did not seem to pay attention to the duo speaking to him, the panicked tones one possessed, and worse, neither did the arbalest lowered towards him. Instead the figure began to make small movements in circles, gyrating from his hips up in small, careful circles, while under the screams and the fear the others were unleashing upon the world a whisper had begun. Words were not intelligible from this distance, but it kept the same rhythm, same pitch, same volume that never changed, but the speed? Every repetition increased, a repetition occurring every minute. Around them the trees that hummed with the strange, otherworldly pitch that made visions fuzzy at the edges and the heat slightly more unbearable.
→→ And then the shadows from the trees began to quiver, and shake, and pulse rhythmically. First slow, but then in slowly decreasing wait times in tandem with the whispering. Every shadow moved, even those cast by the people within the cage. The air grew just a tad bit more stifling, a tad bit more hot.
→→ And from somewhere far away, a drum began to beat. Slow, methodical, and only at the edge of hearing.
→→

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

malavaes

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 pm
User ImageXion couldn't see any of the scary things happening. She did hear the creepy noises, though: a murmur that remained unchanging for on and on, the shaking (pulsing?) of the tree, and the slow beating of the drums just barely heard. She also hear normal noises, like the sound of someone moving outside of the cages and then moving just a little bit faster over time. Evidently, whoever or whatever was outside the cage was ignoring them all. Just in case, though, Xion asked, "Could I get some water, please?".

It was getting even hotter, if that was possible. Stifling, really, and as Xion already had little hope of her request being fulfilled, she wasn't inclined to wait in the hopes that it might be, either. Stepping over the sharp edges of the crystal she had awoken from, Xion felt up the edges of her cage to understand what kind of structure they were. How were the bars, specifically those on the side away from sounds of the someone/thing moving around outside, arranged? Grid-like? Vertical lines?

Oh, and as for the other two? One sounded like a very pleasant and sensible girl. Xion agreed wholeheartedly with what she said. The other sounded like a coarse and callous street thug. What terrible language. Completely unrefined, and children? Just who were these children?

Oh.

Xion took a moment to pat herself here and there.

It appeared she had become a child. How disappointing, so not only did she lose literally her expansive library of support techniques but she had also lost her age. Don't ask how she already knew exactly what she had lost (and consequently, the one thing she did have), she had found the time to reflect back on her life and its many dark pits of missing memories during... some time... in these few minutes since waking up. It was one of the many powers of being a former maid.

Anyways, none of that changed the fact that the insensible street urchin was but a child himself as well. Pot calling the kettle black. Xion continued to feeling up the side of her cage. She probably, at one point, grabbed a crystal and tried to slip it outside of the cage.

Solas Crua

Lanfaer

Malavaes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 pm
User Image

n i n j u t s u | p e r f o r m e r | k i r i g a k u r e | g e n i n | f e m a l e

c h a k r a115 // 115
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

Miyuki had barely finished speaking when a curse came from close by. Evidently, a third chrysalis had opened up, and its inhabitant was none too please. Her glance was followed by a second curse, though no one was speaking, leaving her to wonder if he thought she was going to speak again. But she wasn't entirely certain he'd even noticed her presence.

A third curse as he sprung to his feet wielding a crossbow of ridiculous size, aiming it wildly around for the first sign of danger. Namely at Miyuki and the other girl who hadn't yet made a move to stand. Not that he had much room to maneuver in his small enclosure. He flicked the weapon between the rose-haired girl and beyond her to the unaware, pale-haired girl, shouting about his dislike of waking up with kids--was that something that happened regularly?--and that he would stop using drugs. Something Miyuki had never understood for lack of a stomach or the variety of other organs to consume said items. Or, at the very least, she couldn't recall ever experiencing them. Then again, she didn't remember much of anything.

The young man seemed to somewhat snap out of his stupor though when he noticed the robed figure knelt before them, and pointed the crossbow at him--or at least Miyuki thought it was a 'him'--instead. He repeated Miyuki's unintended demand, essentially claiming that they shouldn't be in cages because they were human, although her personal situation was debatable, as if the person who put them there cared a lick about them.

As expected, the robed person didn't even acknowledge the shouting.

Instead, he began to gyrate his hips in a strange dance, and the world began to change slightly. Or maybe that was just her vision, becoming blurry when the trees themselves that she hadn't noticed until that point began to hum. The air became hotter, if possible. The shadows came to life, practically dancing with the man. And in the distance, the pounding of drums began.

Miyuki was, for the moment, more concerned with self preservation than caring about what the man was doing, even though they were intertwined. Trying to shake off the fuzziness she felt, she focused her attention on the lock of the cage. Pulling the slim crystal shard from her pocket, she reached through the bars to fiddle with the rusted hunk of metal. Evidently picking it wasn't going to be an option, since apparently there was no keyhole. Then what was the man's key for? Unfortunately, her tendrils only reached about sixteen feet, and she was fairly certain the dancing guy was further than that. So her only options were what she had on her.

Which Miyuki was actually overjoyed for when she found her fan. Of course, she didn't know for certain if it was the same one she used to have, but it definitely looked the same. About a foot and a half long, sharpened steel blades that turned into a deadly chakram when thrown, the weapon was also heavy enough to potentially prove useful. Slipping it out through the bars, she grabbed hold of the lock with one hand and began smashing it downward as hard as she could with the little room she had using the the butt of the fan.

HeadlessKoko
    malavaes
    Lanfaer

Aritaryn

Dopy Grimes

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 pm
Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

Lanfaer

User ImageUser Image

Everything's fine everything's fiiiiine. I just need to focus. None of this is real. Chet tried convincing himself, but it wasn't doing him any good. Will you shut up! Now Chet would it kill you to show some decency towards the being that has to live with you every hour on the hour? I've seen things that would drive others into a deep depression and here I am. The pay isn't nearly enough to keep me going I truly wish to see what you will eventually become. That and I made a very nice bet with Xion's narrator. Yo, but can I get in on that though? You tire me Chet.

The Arbalest wielding man was going through every possible scenario he could create in his little head. Most involved curling up into a ball and crying, but that was not going to save him. You've been through weirder situations man. Like that one time you woke up with a s**t ton of piñatas that looked a lot like very perverted variants of myself. How the hell did they managed to capture my essence so well? Chet thought to himself before he looked over at the cage where the seemingly calm child was at. Her plea for water struck a chord with Chet. Such an innocent being stuck in such a hellish landscape. Was this his shot at redemption? The other girl had remained silent for the moment and lost Chet's attention.

The air was slowly beginning to get to him. At least cigarettes and other drugs all had some effect that gave him pleasure in the end. Or a diluted effect anyways. He wanted to kick the cage open, but he didn't feel strong enough to break anything. Athletic as he was the crystal had gotten to him. Luckily for me I got this big a** crossbow though hehehehehe. Indeed...

And then seemingly to tease Chet the robed figure began...Well I cannot quite describe what he or she was doing. It did anger Chet I can say that much. "YOU MOTHER ********!" The boy shouted as he released a bow straight at the being's chest through the gap in the cage. When anger bottled up in his little head the boy didn't give too much thought to his proceeding actions. This aspect of his personality was the root of several problems that have plagued him throughout his life. "YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY BIG MAN?!" Chet shouted slowly losing his mind over how disrespectful the robed figure was. Now this was an interesting event to occur so early in Chet's new career as a survivor of the new world. Mindless anger would only get him so far. Eventually it would get him killed. Would he realize this before it was too late? Or maybe the new world welcomed people like him. Those that fell prey to their primitive emotions in an otherwise primitive world.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:10 pm

→→ Miyuki's fan came down with a resolute crash that splintered and then shattered the lock, breaking the mechanism that held it clamped. Yet the sound barely masked the report of the arbalest as it fired, the kickback bringing Chet against the back of his cage as the bolt struck true a split second later. Sheer force lifted the robed figure and threw him twenty feet back, landing with a sickening crunch before falling still, the bolt sticking out of his chest quivering to the beat of his heart.
→→ But then it slowed, each moment seeing a gap between pulses.
→→ And then it was still.
→→ The wind whipped into a fury, a howling noise so loud that it shook the steel trees from a hum into a panicked shriek. The shadows quivered as things moved within their darkness, within the confines that helped to keep them back. The cages all popped open later, even the ones that the three were not in. But worse, perhaps, was the orange glyphs that burst into light upon the cages that blackened and died, their cold, metal surfaces beginning to rapidly take on the heat from the hell around them.
→→ What would the trio do with their newfound freedom, even as others howled for their blood?
→→

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

malavaes

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 pm
User ImageHolding a mental conversation with herself and... someone else, Xion didn't slack off in picking up her possessions, or at least what she assumed were her possessions since they were in the same cage as her, and appropriately gearing herself. She was just finished when the noises started.

A resounding crack from one cage and an even louder sound from another, this one followed by a light thumb. Clearly, Xion's noisy neighbors were up to something more exciting than this blind child feeling up the bars of her cage and learning that not only were they cold to the touch but also disadvantageously arranged for her needs. However, she wasn't so sure if it was the good kind of activity. The chanting, which she had just barely sort of made out had stopped

In place of the chanting, a hellish howl of both beast and wind picked up in no time, which in turn caused some sort of horribly metal screeching sound to come from all sides. Amidst the cacophony of noises, Xion managed to hear the door of her cage pop open, and she wasted no time in making her exit from the quickly heating cage, both hands clasped tightly over her ears in a very rare gesture indeed. Trying to close her ears was akin to another closing their eyes, but what could she do when the equivalent of a flash bang was assaulting her poor hearing.

Her first priority was definitely to get out of here, but she didn't dare move more than a feet or two away from her cage. Noises everywhere, so loud and... and... Oh, that's right. Xion quickly pulled out a collapse-able white cane and un-collapsed it, telescoping it out to a length that she could use to guide her steps. It didn't completely fix the problem but it helped.

At this point, it was so loud that Xion didn't mind at all adding more noise to it. Loud and clear, the blind one shouted, "Which way?" as her cane steadily tapped out the areas around her step after step. Yes, clearly the behavior of someone who wanted directions, ask for them and just start walking anyways. She stopped shortly, though, bringing her legs together in a standstill when her stick poked into something soft and covered in cloth.

Now, the sensible thing to do would have been to kneel and touch, verify the condition, and assess the damage. Normal stuff for a blind medic. Did Xion do any of that? Yes, actually. This dude might have been so weirdo cult creep, but geez that didn't mean he deserved to be shot. Unless, of course, he was trying to sacrifice them. Hard to tell with that chant of his, but even if he was trying to sacrifice them, then he was clearly choosing to slack on his job now that he was laying on the ground.

Granted, while Xion tried to do standard blind medic procedure, she also couldn't do anything more than feel his pulse. Still, that was something. Now she could go ahead and report that she had at least tried to do her job. That is, assuming there was some sort of grumpy higher up who generally made good points that she had to report to even here. You know what else was a good point? The point of whatever projectile had been fired into him, which Xion was currently refusing to touch. What could she say? There was a lot of blood on his robes and she could feel it. She didn't want any of that.

If the male of the two chose to approach, Xion's head would snap to his direction. Very politely, she asked him, "Could I ask you for a favor, please sir?".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:32 pm
User Image

c h a k r a115 // 115
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

Success! The rusty old lock fell away from Miyuki's cage with a firm strike, allowing the door to swing open. But it didn't matter much as a snap from the side resounded through the clearing they were trapped in, followed by two thuds. The first as the crossbow bolt hit the chanting man and the second as the man hit the ground about twenty feet from where he had stood. The crazy guy with the giant crossbow had hit the robed figure square in the heart. The bolt twitched a few times before stopping entirely as his life ceased. Miyuki stepped out of the cage and toward the man, somewhere between shocked and confused.

And then the wind started, whirling and howling like some sort of beast. Miyuki was forced to hold her cloak close to her for fear it would be torn off or, worse, take her with it. Cringing against the sudden gale, she almost missed the dancing shadows, quivering as if something lived within them. This place wasn't safe any longer. Whatever their male 'companion' had stopped hadn't been good, or it was already complete. Somehow she doubted the latter. Perhaps the robed figure had intended on protecting them. Now they would never know. Either way, she had to get out of there, whether it was with the other two or not.

An immense heat behind her caused Miyuki to turn around, only to find... the cage she had been in not a moment before was slowly decaying, as if it had been an organic thing. Orange glyphs burned hot on the surface. All of the cages were in a similar state, all of the doors having swung open upon the stranger's death. The pale-haired female wielded a stick of some sort that poked and prodded the ground before her as she made her way forward. Miyuki vaguely recalled seeing blind people use such a device to guide their path. Was she blind then? Miyuki watched with curiosity as she knelt before the body and felt for his neck, presumably looking for a pulse. Or trying to finish the job if it hadn't been complete. But the wind wasn't letting up and Miyuki cared more about her hide than whether or not some mystery man was alive.

At the same time, there could be something useful on him. Or even in him.

Right, she was weak, and the things inside of her desired to the point she could barely control them. It would be so easy to tear into the man and harvest his parts for herself. But there was no time for that. Don't, she commanded, but the tendrils seemed little interested in listening. [2]

Approaching the fallen figure, Miyuki let the tendrils slide from her hand and wrist, the mass swelling toward the body. It took all of her concentration to keep them from digging into its flesh, leaving little room for concern what onlookers would think. Although she was worried somewhere in the back of her mind that the crazy guy with the crossbow would freak out seeing the tendrils. That thought alone made her almost lose control of them as they wrapped around the limbs of the body. Her brows furrowed trying to push the worry aside. "It's not safe here. We should leave. I'll take him with us," she tried explaining. "But we need to go now. Or, at the very least I'm leaving. You're free to stay here if you want."

Drawing the tendrils back toward her pulled the body off the ground. He was heavy but not impossible to carry or drag behind them, hopefully without slowing her down too much. [3]

HeadlessKoko
    malavaes
    Lanfaer

Aritaryn

Dopy Grimes

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm
Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

Lanfaer

User ImageUser Image

As the narrator of this poor lost drug addicted soul might I ask you, readers, to show some compassion? His brain can only process so much before it snaps! You callin' me stupid, stupid?! You see he can barely even come up with a creative rebuttle! Mere minutes after waking from a century-old hibernation you thrust the boy into action dealing with shadows,
                                                          cultists, blind children asking for aid and some very disturbing tentacles.
                                                          I can ******** handle it! My name is Chet Oni and I'm gonna be- wait that's my nindo. Turn uuuuuuuuup aaaaaay. Please kill me.

Chet honestly thought that firing such a large arrow on such a large weapon wouldn't have an effect on his balance whatsoever. Luckily for him his...Bloodline...What are you again? Kaguya yes. Luckily for him, the density of his bones softened the impact. It also didn't hurt that he wasn't frail either.
                                                          Athletic junkies were truly a marvel of nature. Molded by their addictions.
                                                          "Gah!" The boy shouted as his back slammed against the bars. "Mother ********!" He shouted right after watching the robed figure drop dead. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT s**t?!" He shouted getting excited about shooting someone essentially at point-blank range who was kneeling and showing virtually no signs of aggression towards any of them. "Yeah, but he was dancing though," Chet spoke to himself like a crazy person from time to time.
                                                          "No, I don't what the ******** y-" Anyways things were developing rather quickly after the robed figure's death.

The moment Chet heard his cage open he picked up his bag and kicked his exit wide open. "I am ********' outta here!" He announced already making his way towards the dead person to pull the arrow from its corpse. He didn't know how easy it would be to find big arrows later on. But then someone caught his attention. The small child that had caused him to go into panic earlier was also free and walking around with some sort of stick. It was obviously a walking stick for the blind, but Chet certainly did not know that.
                                                          Still, it intrigued him so he stopped to watch her. There was something about her that didn't set him off. She seemed genuinely nice. Then she shouted asking for directions and his eyes widened. She was actually trying to help the person he had killed. "Wha?" He mumbled to himself slinging the backpack and arbalest over his shoulders. Something inside of Chet was tingling something different than his normal anger towards everything and everyone. Sympathy? We will never know because immediately after the other member of the merry band of sleep addicts stuck tendrils into the corpse like it was a pillow.

Chet's immediate reaction was to aim the weapon at her as well and shoot,
                                                          but he decided against it. Right after she was finished molesting the corpse she warned them about the area. If she wanted to harm him or the other girl she wouldn't talk like that. Chet also knew bad people. Chet was one of them. She wanted to take the corpse with her. Now what she would want with a corpse that had been shaking its hips at them minutes earlier was beyond him. Several things were beyond him at that point. He honestly just wanted some marijuana. Then adrenaline kicked in. Chet felt like everything around him was attempting to kill him even the air itself. "What the ********?" He mumbled again watching the shadows dance around like a bad LSD trip. Then the little girl had his attention again. "What is it?" He replied looking down at her. He wanted to simply grab her arm and leave, but leaving was about to get a whole lot more difficult.

And then Chet remembered he barely even knew these people. With a quick movement of hand seals, the boy would use a fire variant of body flicker to attempt and gain distance from the area. "Sorry I just really don't wanna die byyyyyyyyyyye!" His voice echoed. And then he realized he was stuck in place and hand't really moved at all. Why his voice echoed was beyond me. "s**t!" He shouted in his frustration.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:17 pm

→→ The screams reached a crescendo as the darkness quaked, as the shadows birthed nightmarish beasts. The first of many, a featureless humanoid with four insectoid arms and two legs with knees bent the wrong direction lunged through with some sort of clicking noise as it hobbled on all sixes towards them. Yet as it approached it stood, throwing itself onto its legs, and the chest cavity split open, gushing blood across the stones and the smoking trees, exposing a bloody, toothy maw where two eyes lay in vertical positioning. The torn flesh at the opening's edges elongated and twisted, becoming bloody, ragged tendrils just under two feet in length that quested at the air. It issued forth a cry that matched the frequency of the trees, creating a hum within their ears as the insectoid arms split down their middles and became six black, carapaced limbs that twitched and clicked in anticipation. Behind it more followed, and as the others turned to flee they would see others came, too.
→→ And then there was the smell, of corpses left in the heat for a millenia before being kicked and spilling forth their fetid internals for the world to experience.
→→One path lay clear before them, a path suspiciously free of the glowing red gemstones upon the trees' surfaces. There the trees were parted, exposing a path clearly well traveled, with cobblestones that lead into the dark distance.
→→ Would our heroes take the path more traveled, or take their chance picking a random direction?

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

malavaes

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm
User Image
If Chet could just not give misleading signals, then that would be grand. As it was, Xion was left mildly confused. Smiling whimsically as always, yes, but still kind of confused. Whatever, he was here. She moved straight to the point.

At some point during all of the clashing sounds, Xion had finally regained her bearings. Well, some of them. She could hear again. No, not just hearing hear, but actually hear. Pick out the noises and their directions. From which angle did the sound bounce from? How far? Which was where at what time? The division of multiple sources of sounds. It finally came together. was all Xion said to... herself... probably.

She heard voids, like the great gorge that surrounded Kumogakure, but somehow deeper than that. What did exist in the emptiness was metal, thin columns of metals with branches. Metal in the shape of trees, trees that bore a weird, solitary fruit that were even louder, even clearer than their parents. Only one path was clear of the fruit, the path that was also clear of the emptiness. There really was only one choice here.

Break the fruit.

Well, Xion wished that, but she knew already that she didn't have the means to do that. No one would wait for her.

Therefore, run.

With the body taken care of, Xion folded her walking cane back into itself and stowed it away. The point. What was it? Ah, yes. With both hands now free, Xion extended them in the direction of the loud mouth that she would, unfortunately, have to rely on. His voice, ringing in her ears, was most definitely not her definition of a good time.

"Pick me up, please," she demanded, years of proper training softening her intent with polite phrasing, "If you could be so kind to evacuate in that direction," a arm lowered to motion in the direction of the single obvious path, the path suggested, the path without the strange fruits or bottomless void, "then that will also be appreciated. Finally, please request a weapon of your choice." Cool, professional, collected... was just out of place when some human-insect hybrid was screaming everyone's ears off and more monsters emerged out of the shadows. However, that was Xion at this moment.

Lanfaer

malavaes

Solas Crua

________ Well of Brilliance ► Ancient Ruins

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out