Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:00 am
User Image
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
tab The shadow's expression remained obscured, lost in the twistings of its own darkness and mists. It remained silent while the girl spoke, only hovering and floating in place as if it were unaffected by anything the universe could throw at it. Perhaps that was the truth of the matter, but either way the impression of being listened to, so completely and absolutely that every word was taken seriously on its own individual merit was difficult to miss. Despite her anger at its decisions and the pain inherent in her word choice and decisions it was clear the being never wandered mentally from the conversation. Whether this would be the first time she experienced such or not it might well feel alien either way, for to be listened to with such sincerity as alien in any human culture throughout history both modern and ancient.
tab When at last she finished there came a small sound from the being who weighted and judged her. It wasn't a noise of dismissal or contempt. It wasn't the sound of mirth at her words or disgust at her wit. There was no sound of agreement or understanding, but simply a noise of acceptance. Contentment. This was followed by a slight sight of joy before the shadows began to form together further than they had before. It took only a moment for the shape to gain legs, which appeared to be wrapped in some sort of...pants? At last it spoke, the tone no longer neutral but slightly joyous. "My apologies," it began, tone both joyous and strangely down, as if aware that its joy might well exacerbate her feelings. "It has been long since I heard such conviction in a voice. The dead are often emotionless beings, shards of their true selves, feasted upon by the blessed and the damned. But please, do not take this to mean I do not hear you. Simply be, I am not the one that judges, dear petitioner. No. Your sorrows, the empty hollows of your soul where your spirits echoes still, called to me in the space between creations. What listens to you is the fortress itself. Given that my time here fades, it would appear you have won entrance." Indeed, the darkness, and the shadow within it, were becoming slightly brighter in hue, more saturated with light. And as time passed the edges began to fade away, lost in the growing light.
tab "Before I go, young one, let me say this. You know yourself better than I, but I feel there is more to you than you believe. I am but a messenger, of course, so take my appraisal as you see fit. But I must ask you to live, to grow, and become whatever you are meant to be. These spirits will guide you. Listen to them and they will take you far."

magcookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:58 pm
User Image

Liliya Yuliovna Volkov ll Mystic ll Doton :: Suiton ll Former Priestess :: D-Rank Channeler ll Shōton

Liliya's demeanor began to change as the purity of the void that surrounded them began to crumble. As light slowly speckled away at the black nothing a tiny insignificant frown, more of a pout really, formed from her lips. Like stars the light spread all around them, filling in the nothing with well... something. A sigh of defeat escaped from her as she accepted that her short break from reality was well and truly over. It was time to return to her pilgrimage. As if on queue her companion had finished mulling her melodramatic declaration over. He took a stance of acceptance, but also one of pity. She allowed for him to say his peace without resistance, after all he was already fading as light pierced through his shadow facade. The priestesses bent over in a bow for her momentary... ally? He certainly aided her by helping unlock the door that barred her access to the titan. However he was a bit antagonistic from her point of view, a paradox of thankfulness and a pathetic bitter spite. When the girl with feline features stood back up straight she had returned to what constituted as normal for her. That is to say she was once more a bundle of nerves barely keeping it together. "It was certainly an.. experience my enigma of a friend...." She stopped for a moment and looked him over once more, the invasive light peeling away at his shadow facade. He was just a man trapped between the boundaries of the fade and mortality. An inquisitive mind who may have sought truth with no regard for the consequences of his actions. It seemed to her that he could neither live on or well pass on. A being lingering betwixt. "You had mentioned... it was you who sent me to the boy... If per chance I see him in the future? I shall let him know of his guardian angel and how he still looks over him... but you shouldn't worry. I know not your relation but that boy is far stronger than people will give him credit. His soul may be clouded in pain and fear but I saw a will peering from within it. He may not even know himself, but... no... I shouldn't it isn't my place to assume for him."

She silenced herself once more. As if feeling she had said too much on the matter. This man had no issues when it came to keeping track of the boy, seemingly knowing when danger was going to strike. So all the miserable man needed was a small push. Help of his own. "What I mean to say is, you needn't coddle the boy. He will be just fine with himself helming his life. Its time to be a little more selfish dearie. A soul no matter how emboldened cannot retain itself lying betwixt the worlds. Escape this fate so you might see him once more. If he is as special to you as it would seem," The priestess closed her eyes and held a hand in front of her in prayer before continuing. "O mother of us all, protector of the mortal realm, and primordial flesh. Mother earth, Gaia, protect your wayward child. Grant him a will of iron so he may continue his journey. Press him on towards the light so he might escape the endless nights. Blessings upon him. Blessings upon his fractured soul..." Her eyes flickered back open as she took one last look at her aid. She had no idea if this was the first of many encounters or if her purpose in his life had come to an end. She was ready for either option. "May the gods you forsook watch over you. I thank you for you trail of sorts... I know now this realm contains more than just evil. I know now the spirits of mortals, more than ever require my aid in granting them peace. Goodbye seeker of Truth. May you build up the courage to reach out to your little friend." Just like that she was back to where she started, in front of a now opened door. The weight of the world returned back to its perch on her shoulders, weighing her tiny frame into a slouch. Wasting no time she stepped across the doors threshold. The world grew cold just a moment as her body crossed that imaginary starting line. She didn't even spare a second to look back instead choosing to march forward down the twisting and dark passage. With how suddenly her eyes were introduced back to the light she was finding it hard for her more feline eyes to adapt back to the darkness of the titan. As such she found herself nearly tripping over her own legs more than a couple of times, but slowly and surely her sight returned to her. The darkness no more than a dim tunnel to her now as her eyes drew ever last speck of light into guiding her forward. "What about that man let me speak so freely I wonder? No one had wrested that truth from me before. Not even granny knew how I truly felt... or maybe she had and chose not to comment..."

[ooc: Only quoting Tao so she can know how the cat feels about the other cat. ;p ]

Chakra Pool:: [300 //300]
Stamina Pool:: [150 //150]

Quote "Second is the door of forgetting. Some wounds are too deep to heal, or too deep to heal quickly. In addition, many memories are simply painful, and there is no healing to be done. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is false. Time heals most wounds. The rest are hidden behind this door.” :: Patrick Rothfuss

Liliya's Theme half•alive - still feel

Lanfaer

Royal Taorito

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm
User Image
tab One step, and the world changed from a place of controlled inhabitance and structured existence to boundless growth and life. The sun's rays fell upon her, gracing her flesh with its warm kiss as her eyes fell upon a field of stone and grass and plant life, a ruined civilization built onto the back of the titanic beast yet somehow fitting within the natural scape. Domiciles and offices, towers and fountains, courtyards and fields, what lay before her had clearly once been a civilization of architectural genius, with gracefully spun spires that were clearly designed to mimic the flow of wind. Every wall, every home, bore carvings and structures with arches and the motif of water, earth, and growing plants. Along with the architecture there comes actual fauna growth, with the intent seeming to be to have them grow with the buildings instead of against them, turning this "ruin" into perhaps the most well preserved to yet exist on this new world.
tab As the light refracts off of the stained glass that are somehow still intact within their frames the greenery and stone is cast in multiple hues, giving the city the concept of a fairy-tail paradise where man hadn't set foot in centuries.
tab Which, honestly, wasn't that far from the truth.
tab A pathway made of white marble leads down the natural slope of the titan's back towards the city in the distance, little more than a comfortable stroll down the hillside for the better part of a quarter of an hour. Perhaps it would be difficult, but from the large number of wisps of light that danced across the landscape it was clear this place was meant for the spiritual.
tab

magcookie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:10 pm
User Image

Liliya Yuliovna Volkov ll Mystic ll Doton :: Suiton ll Former Priestess :: D-Rank Channeler ll Shōton

It was unnatural how sudden the change was. One moment her eyes were adapting smoothly to the waxing and waning light of the never ending tunnel, but the next moment she was assaulted with what could only be described as daylight. It was all too much light for her eyes that were just in low light mode. She recoiled in pain as if to stumble back into the darkness and away from the sun. However no matter how much she walked back no darkness came. In fact the tunnel was gone. She squinted with heavily blurred vision as she hastily looked around for the entrance behind her. It was all for naught, whatever she had stepped into was seemingly a one way trip. 'Another one of those portals? No.. the shadow had said it was of his own creation... then where am I?' She thought as she slowly began opening her eyes. Pupils weren't quick to adapt to the new lighting after having just been blinded. Despite how long it did take they would adapt. She was in a village of sorts now. One where the population had seemingly been spirited away and the mother Gaia had reclaimed the claimed soil for herself once more. That wasn't to saw what she saw was destruction. It was as if the earthen spirit had gently wrapped her blessings onto the creations of man to preserve them. "Beautiful." She whispered, eyes finally focusing on what was in front of her.

She took a tentative step onto the unnaturally clean marble pathway that stretched out in front of her. When the world hadn't fallen out from under her she decided to take a chance and trust this drastic change in scenery. She would have faith in the spirits of the elements that what was before her was just another one of her trials towards the freeing abyss. "This is no architecture I've ever seen. Nothing like the sights in the old country nor this one... Mist had very strict designs and Snow was barely visible beneath all the blankets of power snow." She mused to herself, unsure who could have created such inspired works. No matter how long the cat-girl walked the marble path her frail body felt not tired. The opposite in fact was happening, she was filling to the brim with energy. It was obvious to the girl why this was happening however. The spirits around her were nearly clear as day when they spoke, their bodies just out of sight and instead being conveyed with dancing flame like wisps. This land blessed by the mother Gaia would naturally have a thinner barrier betwix the mortal and the fade. A gift for a woman of the cloth such as herself. "O mother Gaia I thank thee for your humbling embrace. As a priestess of the elements I promise my service to guiding these wayward spirits back to thee. I shall cleanse thy weary souls." She said softly, her feline ears perking up to listed to the passing spirits. They grew louder as she approached the end of the path. The barrier was becoming thinner and thinner. It wasn't long until they were given form in the mortal realm, or she was given form in the fade.

Quote "Second is the door of forgetting. Some wounds are too deep to heal, or too deep to heal quickly. In addition, many memories are simply painful, and there is no healing to be done. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is false. Time heals most wounds. The rest are hidden behind this door.” :: Patrick Rothfuss

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:29 am
User Image
tab As Liliya approached the barrier between worlds, the fabric of which was thinnest here, at a point where life and death intersected, the feline maiden would feel something press against her chest, her heart. A weight that came with knowledge, a grip that came readily with understanding. It would also come with the knowledge that what she was about to do was quite dangerous, and in a wordless way something was warning her to halt. It would whisper that something was sorry, that the something knew what she wanted, but knew that she wasn't ready. Not yet. Not without the something's help. But it wanted to make sure she knew that it meant no harm before it revealed itself, for she might well give flight. Yet the impression wasn't something of danger, but of panic, of something afraid to be judged and found wanting. A feeling of something that knew no other truth.
tab The pressure would leave as the something would step back, yet as it did something began to form. Inky blacks swirled up from the air and earth to paint with the mastered strokes of an artist.As the strokes began to form a framework for a humanoid form whites and blues, reds and milky whites began to flow into the spaces where the blacks had granted definition. Quickly a woman was revealed, her irises glowing with an internal light that belied some level of inhuman origin. Yet much like Liliya herself the female's eyes were averted with nervousness clear on her expression, with pale, glistening sweat beading on her forehead as she clasped her hands behind her back. Her hair, pale spun gold, fell about her shoulders in waves and curls, as if it didn't quite know which would be the best shape to take. It was this that the last black line filled in, and at last she stood in all her short, four foot and six inch frame.
tab The girl's voice when she spoke was nervous, and worse, she looked ready to cry as she tried to shrink in on herself. "M-my name...i-i-s...I-n-nocence..."

magcookie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:25 pm
User Image

Liliya froze in place for a moment as she entered into the eclipse. The physical reaction happened in a near instant, her feline quirks setting into overdrive like an animal trapped in a corner. Eyes compressed, hair standing at end, ears perk and alert. It was a feeling that she hadn't felt since entering this new chaotic world, not since her exposure to the small tear at her monastery had she felt this type of chill. It was like her bouts with sleep paralysis. A nightmare in broad daylight that had her bestial side attempting to flee and her humanity not too far behind it. An extreme dread that gripped at her very heart with icy fingers. It was only natural her brain would be attempting to get her to leave this place as quickly as she could, after all she was amungst the death. Too much time spent here could lead to her very soul being raptured from her flesh. All it takes is one soul filled with malice and grievance attempting to return to the mortal plane by hijacking another corpse. This wave of absolute terror lasted for what might have been an eternity but in reality was merely a handful of seconds. Despite all her training she undertook weaving and healing souls it was impossible to turn off instincts completely. She let out a meek sigh as she attempted to calm her racing heart. "Truly a gift to encounter such a place... feels like the temple..." She told herself, placing a delicate hand on her chest. Sound given birth from the ethereal gently caressed her feline ears. An unnatural shiver shot down the girls spine as she attempted to parse out the spirits words. 'Is it apologizing...? For what?' She wondered as the grip on her heart was released.

As the spirit backed away from her personal space it drew away at her shadow, warping it out towards the spectral. It was like an abstract painting given access to the third dimension. It wasn't just stealing from her own but rather all the shadows from the area, giving way to a form resembling that of a human. This framework gave life to the colors around the priestess, absorbing light itself for a brief moment. It was like staring into a black hole with how warped the veil and the physical plain had become. In the time it took her to blink the anomaly had been given a tangible form. It was stunning like the spirit had been aiming to capture Liliya's very definition of beauty. At the same time the spirit carried familiar imperfections. It seemed just as terrified as the priestess did among the living. She waited while the spirit struggled out its greeting. It was painfully strained. Taking a small breath the girl gave the spirit a short but respectful curtsy. "Greetings I-Innocence.. ahem... I am Liliya V-Volk.. sorry its been a while since I've communed..." She took a second to steel her resolve, thinking back to her days spent healing, "I am Liliya Volkov, head priestess of the Frost Fall monastery. Be at ease Innocence, I am but a wayward pilgrim seeking to heal the wayward souls that the great spirits cannot yet embrace." Her voice was soft and caring like that of a mother speaking to her child. She gazed gently upon the spirits chosen form. In all honestly it wasn't often that Liliya had to look down to seek another's gaze being as short she is compared to most people she counters. "I apologize for intruding into your territory but it has been some time since I've seen the veil so thin that I couldn't help myself. I can be on my way if you'd like, you need only tell me so." It was important to establish a role when interacting with a spirit. Emoting too much around some spirits was treated as a broken taboo, which tends to lead to aggression. A spirit must be the one to establish the limits of how far both parties could go. A fractured soul cannot be weaved into a whole if it is agitated after all.

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:01 pm
User Image
tab The girl's expression became suddenly panicked at the mention of Liliya potentially leaving due to something she'd said. "No, no! You mustn't! You've done nothing wrong, you're just here, and I'm messing this up and I'm so sorry and-" Grabbing the side of her head she stepped back, her expression became one of terrifying anxiety as she grabbed the hairs dangling at the sides of her head in tight fists that split the ends in her fierce grip. Tugging first weakly, then stronger with each passing moment, the spirit shuffled from foot to foot at the onset of her nerves. "You're the first person I've seen in so long I don't know how to react or talk to you! You can hear me you can see me and maybe touch me but how do I know what to say, do, or even oh gods I'm rambling and I'm so sorry!" Releasing her death grip on her hair the girl's hands snapped to her mouth, her expression horrified as she fought valiantly to shut her own face up a hundred times over.

magcookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:17 pm
User Image

In truth Liliya was incredibly taken aback by how the spirit was acting. It was very rare in her line of work to see a spirit get so emotional. They tended to focus in on one single emotion and embody it with all of their soul. It was why poltergeist were so common an angry spirit knowing only anger. And while this spirit seemed to have fear locked down it was being all too loud and abrasive to just be a spirit of fear. An interesting case to have stumbled upon. Truly Usu'vurik was a gift from mother Gaia. Not a single dull moment to be found... but back onto the topic at hand. She had a spirit to calm down. A gentle push was needed. The priestess took a few steps into the spirits personal space, reaching her delicate hands up to the spirits face. Her fingers gently coiled around the spirits own, pulling them slowly from it's face. "Now now. You needn't worry... A child of the Elements would never abandon those who seem so lonely." The cat hybrid spoke softly as she lowered the spirits hands off of their fully. She closed her eyes and gave a small toothy grin as she let go of the ethereal body. It was a smile as if to say 'everythings fine now.' Taking a few steps back away from the spirit the priestess looked upon the veil around the spirit. "You've been alone for some time haven't you..? I mentioned it before but the veil is practically non existent around you. Our earthly reality warps around you like a gentle breeze. Are you having trouble... moving on? Surely a spirit of your radiance would be welcomed to the fade?" She asked carefully doing her best to be firm but not intense. It was all too exciting for the cat girl. This was a once in a lifetime encounter after all! Innocence seemed like an incredibly old spirit one so old it might hold dominion over a facet of creation. The fade doesn't often allow itself to be stretched so thin.

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:59 pm
User Image
tab The spirit looked at her in confusion, staring with eyes that were nothing short of pools filled with the stars of infinity. Tear trails glistened and sparkled down her cheeks, and with a small sniffle she listened with rapt attention. Only when the cat girl finished did the spirit c**k her head to the side before casting her starry gaze about herself. She seemed confused, uncertain, yet when she spoke her tone was more self-assured than it had been before. "Well," she began, her hands clasping behind her back as she considered how best to respond. "I'm not a sprite. I don't...move on. I'm a Spirit, with a capital. A pronoun. My name is my facet of creation. I represent Innocent, from the newborn babe to the most pure of holy women. I...Well, I suppose you can say I'm akin to a deity, depending on your views." She turned, swinging side to side in the nearly universal fidget of a child who was nervous and wasn't quite certain she should be speaking. "B-but...thank you. Your words are kind, not at all what I expected. But then, you're the first to see me in so long I can't even remember a number!"
tab Looking over her shoulder cautiously, as if expecting reproach, Innocence continued. "Yes. I've been alone. This titan has allowed me to stay upon its back for centuries I can't even remember, and I keep this place protected. I'm glad to see that someone else has found such peace as I have." A small, anxious smile graced her lips as she stared at the cat, the small twitching of her eyes indicating she to be looking anywhere but at Liliya's eyes right then.

magcookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:10 am
User Image

It could have been a simplistic task in the word to pinpoint exactly when Liliya had lost all of her composure. She had committed a variable sin to her religion, even if unknowingly this was not a simple matter to just wave off. She had dared to touch one of the Elements children. Her already naturally pale skin was dangerously close to encroaching on translucent. In the split moment Innocent's nature was made clear to the priestess her body had frozen in place. Even for just a fragment of a moment she was utterly still, not a single blood cell dared inch forward in that split second. Her felines eyes darted down to her hands. The hands that had brazenly grasped at a demigod. Her unpure tainted skin had invaded such a Spirit's domain. Her body began shaking violently as she immediately took several steps backwards until the effects of the weathered fade had weaked before prostrating herself before the Spirit. Her movements had become shaky and unbalanced so much so even a task as simple as prostrating looked to be a mechanical malfunction. She opened her mouth several times but ever time she attempted to speak. Her skin was sparkling like snow in the sunshine. Her profuse nervous sweating was licking at her gem encrusted skin. So looked like a small insignificant cat cowering before a lion. All her training had been thrown out the door.

"Mother's of Elements forgive me for raiding into the land of the divine. It wasn't my intention to- I just- I should have kn- I couldnt have know- I- I- I- I- forgive me forgive me forgive me forgive me-" Her voice was nearly a whisper as she pleaded to her gods for forgiveness. The only thing she had left in the world was her religion. She had just set fire to that last hope for absolution through nothingness. Her feline ears had been clamped firmly to the top of her skull. It was a pathetic sight. Innocence had obviously no ill intent when she introduced herself in earnest. She had no possible way of knowing how the chimeric abomination might react. Surely this wasn't a reaction the Spirit would take positively. Such innocence would take it as a mistake on their part. These were all things Liliya rationally knew... but the seeds of fear gripped easily at her heart. Just acting in such a way was making things worse. It was a perfect storm of self hatred compounding on itself endlessly. She was ruining the peace of Innocence's domain. She was ruining the beauty of what in her eyes was a direct child of a god. She could do nothing but wait to be smited. To do nothing but wait for her torturous existence to become even worse. Her body's shaking had lulled as acceptance started setting into her bones. Her one chance for her dream had been lost to her now. She was never going to be free from her demons. She was a selfish greedy girl even after committing sin she continued to look upon her dream. She stared blankly at the ground as the freedom faded. She couldn't see a path anymore. She was lost. Alone. She was alone without her beliefs. Heavy wet tears began hitting the titan's stone like flesh. "-forgive me forgive me forgive me. Dont leave me..."

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:41 pm
User Image
tab Watching an innocent creature break down in front of her was having not the least bit of good upon the poor Spirit's heart. In fact when the obvious breakdown began fresh star-filled tears slid down her cheeks, her pupils expanding in fear and distress. It was clear she wasn't quite certain how to stop it all as she placed her hands to her mouth and shook her head slightly, in a way mirroring how Lilliya had responded to others in her life surely a time or twelve. As she stared in horror she suddenly clenched her eyes shut and tensed, crouching down, her arms pressed tight to her sides before she suddenly shouted "stop!" and lunged at the cat. Likely without any problems the demigod would crash into Liliya and bear her to the ground with a surprising amount of force. Or rather, lack of force, as perhaps only shock would have caused the cat to fall backwards upon the earth.
tab Now on top of the girl the Spirit sobbed into her chest, a brokenhearted wail that resembled that of a child who had done wrong. Or better, that was exactly what it was, for Innocence perhaps was just as she appeared: a child. What better to encapsulate that totality of Innocence than by becoming a youth who knew little of the world and the ways of adults, of lies and deceit and hatred and instead knew only pain, misery, and simplicity while rejecting all she couldn't accept? The warmth of the Spirit's body pressing down upon Liliya was no more or less than that to be expected of a human child of her size and shape. The scent she bore was of flowers, growth, and the showers of early Spring. Her sobs carried with them a lack of understanding, and conveyed that all she wanted was for Liliya's pain to stop. Or, perhaps they may convey nothing at all as Liliya stayed wrapped up within her misery and self loathing, and instead went into further hysterics at having a Spirit weep for her. "Please stop, you did nothing wrong!" were all she could else say between broken sobs and further tears.

magcookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:36 am
User Image

Alone. A single simple word that carried far too much weight for one being to hold on their back. Her shoulders strained under the reality of what had happened. Her mind struggled to rear itself from the loop of loathing. She continued to prove to the universe that she was a beacon fore terrible luck. Whatever she may try to do it ends up blowing up in her face. She had tried her hardest to get where she was. Yet each corner she turned ended in a dead end. 'Why cant it all just stop? Why why why why why! Why me! why ALWAYS me! Damn it!' Her face was stained with grief, without a doubt she knew she was the reason all of this was happening. It was written all over her face as the creature of innocence tackled her in a successful attempt of jostling her mind. However this moment of clarity just couldn't last. Her psyche had long since corroded beyond repair. She knew nothing she was doing was going to help. The Gods could never find it in themselves to accept such a person to begin with after all. She was a product of humanities science. A byproduct of just another human playing at godhood. The living embodiment of a middle finger to the gods. It was to be expected her first meeting with such a being would devolve so quickly into chaos. Any other child of the elements might have just smitted Liliya where she stood.

Yet this one was crying for her to stop. Yet this one was trying to halt all these terrible emotions filling hers stomach. Yet this one was treating her with innocent kindness. Perhaps because of its nature the Spirit couldn't see just why someone like the chimera would be so distraught. A cruel fate, not to know the whys of life. No matter how mighty this Spirit truly was it was fundamentally cursed with this innocent world view. 'Yet why do I yearn for it...? This ignorance?' The priestess thought, her heart aching the more the child demigod wept. A Spirit on caliber with godhood she may be but she was still lost in this cruel world. Abandoned. "Why..." The cat began, unsure who she was even talking to anymore, "Why are they so cruel...? I tried so hard..." Her eyes were empty, her emotions had faded under the weigh of the child Spirit. She wanted to be selfish. Hell she DESERVED to be selfish, but her suffering might as well be a p***k on the thumb compared to the child's. 'It can never be about me, can it? No one helped me get away! No one saved me from that hell. I worked through all of the pain! Yet why?! Why I have to be a hero all the time?! its not fair...' She thought bitterly, spite swelling in her empty chest before fading again. It was like everything was being rejected. A shaking hand found its way into the air. It halted just before the Spirit. She was doing it again. She was daring to touch a being that should be untouchable. Innocence was a pillar of nature. A foundation. Something that should have been protected. Someone who should have been surrounded by warmth. "So awful they truly are..." She mumbled, gently cupping the Spirit's cheek, "I...It's ok. You can stop. You poor thing." She had approached this Spirit with a mission in mind.

To aid the distraught creature. She was a healer of spirits so a Spirit might be a tall order for her, but she was going to try. This abandoned by the world's gods just like she had been. There isn't a cure for such a thing. She would be going against the Element's and its wishes. She was rebelling by doing this. She was rejecting reality. If They could be so cruel to their kin what chance of success did her grand plan really have? They wouldn't have granted such a selfish request, it didn't matter how devout she was. She was stuck in this world whether she wanted it or not. She was never going to be free from her chains. Was it really ok for her to do this? The later part of her short life had been wholly devoted to the Church of the Elements. It had filled the void in her heart. It had filled the abandonment. Yet it was all a farce if any of what her eyes were seeing could be believed. What would the priest who reared her think? What would granny think of her decisions? Was this something the old lady would have laughed off? Would she curse her? She pulled the sobbing child shaped Spirit into a hugging embraced. "How... unforgivable." There was no helping it. She could always justify her own torture as a test of faith, but the fate of this lonely child? There was no need for such a thing? The Elements were going too far. 'I'm sorry granny. I'm burning my last bridge. I couldn't be someone you could be proud of after all.' Her eyes closed as she began humming a quiet tune. A song from her homeland far across the seas.

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:32 pm
User Image
tab Having been taken into the young girl's arms, the Spirit of Innocence clung tight while her sobs slowly began to soften as she gained more control of herself. It took minutes, just carefully piecing herself back together again, when at last she turned her eyes back to the innocent soul who had found her and helped her and she smiled. Sad though the expression was it still held the childish innocence of one who didn't understand, entirely, the situation she was in. Pushing lightly against Liliya's chest as she slithered out from the girl's embrace she stared with tear streaks still running down her face at the priestess, merely now a few feet distant. Taking her forearm in a tight grip with its opposing side's hand she clenched it mightily as she continued that sad smile. "I can tell," she began, her voice tiny and, perhaps, a tad tired. "You've lived a hard life. I can't...feel you. Not the way others do. The children, the animals, and the mentally deficient. They are innocent. You...you've had your innocence taken away. That only happens when you've been hurt, and hurt bad."
tab Turning to the side, her eyes going to the distant volcanoes and the myriad dark places beyond, her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she continued. "That doesn't mean you're bad. No one who held me like that could be bad. It means...you've seen things, or done things, or had things done to you that broke you of it. You don't see the world as you once did, if truly you ever. And...I want you to see it. I want you to see the Innocence of this world."

magcookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:07 pm
User Image

It was unnerving for Liliya. Unnerving just how on the nose the Spirit was. Those eyes that seemed to embody the stars in the sky could peer right through the fractured chimera's soul. Yet it was her choice to follow this path. It was her choice to go under this magnifying glass of the demigod. Only though baring her own wounds could she hope to aid this celestially abandoned being. No matter what form it took Innocence was far more ancient then the priestess could ever imagine. It would take some getting used to for her to not recoil mentally at how wise a child shaped Spirit could be. It rightfully spoke to her as an expert on the subject of innocence. Yet despite how correct the spirit might logically be, she was un convinced. As the catgirl continued to lay flat on the ground she mulled over what the Spirit had said. As if trying to decide how best to phrase what it was she wanted to say. "Its... been a v-very long time since this world... has had innocence." She said softly as if she had no doubt in that fact but despised it none the less. Like she was ashamed of the fact. She stared gently at the small frame in front of her. The girl's body shuttered violently as she remembered back on her life. "My species, humanity, is a corrupt group of creatures... I know not how long you've been protected here on Usu'vurik, but I'm sure we've always been rotten to the core." What she said came from a place of hateful spite. She had no love for humanity as a whole. No matter how much good some may do, it changed not how toxic the masses were.

"I have known nothing but s-suffering in my short life. My earliest memory is sitting alone in my homeland starving while I waited for my father to come home with the months pitiful excuse for rations. I was hungry for so long it became my natural state. Not even when my parents made the honorable choice to leave that war torn country were we given a break." She motioned to her body in a rather matter-of-fact way. She wondered if someone like Innocence would have even noticed what was wrong with her. Or if she was the type to not even see the physical side of a person. "I'm an abomination. An affront to the ver-very gods I chose to worship! I didn't ask for it! But- Bu... Never mind. I'm sure nothing I could say could sway you Innocence. A kind Spirit such as yourself? You would never let the mewings of a tortured soul bend you." She gave off a short laugh that reeked of self hatred. She had made the choice to rebel against the gods she followed for so long, but she had not thought ahead. Her emotions had gotten the better of her. What was it she really hoped to accomplish? To protect Innocence's well... innocence? She was selfish really. She only wanted to protect the spirit. Yet here she was trying to darken its world view. "I can be r-r-rather mellow dramatic I'm afraid. What I mean to say is while I may not agree with you I will not stop you from seeing things as you do. I only offer my services to you. I'm unsure how I could aid you but I at the very least offer my friendship."

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:26 pm
User Image
tab Stepping back the tiny spirit turned and looked off into the distance as the ground beneath their feet began to tremble, and a large eruption of wind along with the sound of some monstrous titan groaning erupted from the head of the great beast upon which they stood. Staring out towards the distance, towards the monstrous mountains that surrounded them, the little Spirit of Innocence seemed to consider how best to respond. Playing across her face were plenty of emotions that depicted struggle, with her brow crinkling up as she fought long and hard with some inner struggle she didn't voice. Paying no attention to the effect this may cause on the worrying cat girl behind her she finally exhaled and lowered her head, though a smile graced her lips as she spoke. "You offer your services, and for that I thank you," she began, her tone more solemn and quiet than it had been before, the emotions that had been plaguing her gone. "You are correct in believing that mankind has been rather rotten, and more so about how long Innocence has been gone from the world. Now, though, the grace of the world has been purified, with man's touch gone. More than ever before, even before I awoke, this world is pure. But you are coming back, your people, and inevitably there will be those who wish to tame this innocent world and bend it to their will." There was no denying that truth, not now.
tab Finally she turned, and when she did she carried a cup in her hands. The cup itself was small, a teacup and no more, but made of the finest crystal the cat girl had likely ever seen. It seemed to sparkle and chime with the depths of the stars in the sky but on a field of startling pure blue. It lay upon a saucer of the same color, and as of the moment she wouldn't be able to see its contents. The small smile spread up from her lips to her eyes, where they shone with determination and...decisiveness. "You've suffered, there is no doubt. Without my presence echoing within you I can only tell from its lack just how badly. But that tells me why you would be the best for this. You wish to offer your service, and I wish to offer you a bond. Will you help me bring Innocence back to this world, Liliya? Will you form a Pact with me, and work to spread my essence to those who need it most?" Looking down at the cup the smile took on a twinge of sorrow before she continued. "I must admit, it will not be easy. Such a request is large, and you will have all of the time in creation to make it. But for me...this isn't the same as worship, but a partnership. I want to help, but I am bound here until my opposite is freed. If I wish to help this world I need the help of those who most understand me, or the lack of me, in your case. Please...you can turn it down, and I will love you all the same."

magcookie

________ Well of Brilliance ► Ancient Ruins

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces