Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:41 pm
User Image
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ M i y u k i F u j i m o t o
                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

n i n j u t s u | p e r f o r m e r | k i r i g a k u r e | e - r a n k | f e m a l e

c h a k r a215 // 215
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

x" Hanasanai de | Gyutto te wo nigitteite | Anata to futari tsuzuku to itte "

Miyuki stiffened slightly as she accidentally bumped into Xion. Why? She'd been holding her hand quite a bit of the journey without much issue, so why was it bothering her now? Regardless, nothing was happening, and she did indeed begin to feel frantic, and that only grew when the ground shook as the worry she'd done something wrong lit her eyes. But then she smiled as the door pulled up from the ground, and everything else was quickly forgotten as she was flooded by heat. The landscape beyond was not unlike what they had seen back in the forest. Just with fewer trees and a lot more lava. She could feel the tendrils under her skin shying away from the heat, as if there was anywhere for them to go. But given her natural element was water, she didn't necessarily blame them.

The lava before her bubbled a moment before something emerged from its depths. It was like the dragon that the masked man arrived and left on, but bigger. She had no idea if it was actually there to help them as they were told, or if it intended on eating them, but there was excitement all the same. The reckless kind even. Miyuki took a step forward, watching its eyes follow her. It rumbled out a word that sounded like 'lay', though, which halted her. Was it... telling them to lie down? Or had she misheard? "Ah... Hello! We were told to come here in search of a friend." She glanced back briefly at Xion, remembering the girl was there. She should probably be a bit more worried about getting someone else attacked because she was feeling overconfident. So she readied her unwilling tendrils, although none emerged yet from her skin. Are you the friend by chance?"

" Tsunaida sono te wa atatakakute | Yasashikatta "

HeadlessKoko
    BlackJack1995
    Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:51 pm
User ImageRumble. Rumble. Rumble. Mysterious silenced followed by mysterious noises. Nothing to do there, so Xion just pretended she was on a carnival ride and enjoyed her imagination. Of course, though, she wasn't allowed to have anything in this world (except infinite cake). In the middle of her great rumbly elevator adventures, a harsh screech tore at Xion's ears. It wasn't anything on the level of an attack, but the agonizing sound sent Xion swaying and grimacing as she held up one hand to cover her ear. The other hand clenched tightly on Miyuki's cloak.

Sweet relief arrived with the end of the noise. Though, said end also brought a surge of heat and apathy so palpable that Xion didn't just feel it. She practically tasted it. Smacking her lips, she randomly murmured, "Could use some salt." Her head did the weird owl tilting thing as she took in the various sounds of the outside, recognizing a shape similar to the ride of the very nice man from before but a little fatter. "And maybe some less butter..." her musings continued as it snorted lava out of its nose, the thick liquid-solid dripping down in a way that certainly did seem like melted butter.

Then the dragon spoke and Miyuki seemed to have the talking common sense down pat, so Xion smiled and asked, "Hula?" as she did the hip swaying and arm waving that was the signature motion of said dance, "Aloha?". It was a good thing she had grabbed the edge of Miyuki's cloak because that gave her enough stretch room to comfortably do the motions.

Solas Crua

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:35 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
"Perhaps," the wyvern responded after a long moment of silence. Its eyes traveled over the pair as if judging them before it turned away as if to leave. However, it didn't instead lifting its tail from the lava, a massive, bulbous club attached to the end of it. This it carefully placed on the small strip of rock between them and the lava. And then the tail slowly opened up, almost like a fleshy flower, splitting apart six different ways to reveal a hollow space, almost like a capsule. "Step in, and I will take you to others, to a safer place."

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:40 pm
User Image

n i n j u t s u | p e r f o r m e r | k i r i g a k u r e | e - r a n k | f e m a l e

c h a k r a215 // 215
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

Miyuki glanced back at Xion, slightly confused by the girl's remarks. She couldn't help wondering what went through her companions mind, because most of it didn't make sense to even her. And she herself was basically insane. But the dragon thing started speaking again, drawing her attention back. Perhaps it was a friend? What was that supposed to mean? The lack of care in its voice make it hard to tell which answer the noncommittal word was leaning toward. Then it turned away as if to leave. Miyuki reached forward after it, as if she'd be able to stop it. "H-hold on--!"

That confusion quickly turned to concern, and then panic as the creature lifted its massive club-of-a-tail out of the boiling lava. Miyuki took several steps backward, pushing Xion back with her, expecting it to bring the bludgeon down on them. It didn't, however, and instead set the end of its tail down on the the little bit of rock that separated them, blooming open sort of like a flower. Albeit a creepy one. The dragon told them to step in so he could take them to somewhere safer, but Miyuki found herself doubting him. It was a him, right? He sounded masculine.

Miyuki's hands clenched into fists at her sides, unsure what to do. What if this thing was just trying to trick them so it could eat them? But their masked savior had said they would find a friend here, so... maybe it was safe. Breathing in deeply--and regretting it because of the heat--she became resolute. Of course, she couldn't speak for Xion, but she had a feeling the girl would likely no express any concern at their situation. She stepped forward, but paused just before entering the weird capsule. "How do we know you're actually here to help us?"

HeadlessKoko
    BlackJack1995
    Royal Taorito

Aritaryn

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:37 pm
User ImageMiyuki caught on to the danger sooner than Xion, who's echoing vision had difficulty making out what exactly was bulging out of the lava. However, aware of where her weaknesses lay, Xion made no fuss as she lightly stepped backwards upon feeling Miyuki putting pressure on her to back away. Though, because she was unaware of the danger, she looked quite carefree and generally out of place in the tense atmosphere of this current standoff between two tiny humans and one very big lava wyvern.

The monster said its bit then.

Miyuki expressed her concerns.

Xion announced, "Dragon!" after she mentally counted off the number of petals on the tail-flower to decide what she would do, alternating between "Robot" and "Dragon" until she landed on an answer that she liked. More accurately, perhaps, it was who she would prefer fighting for her life against.

In a rare moment, Xion explained her sudden outburst. Quite jovially, she laid out in an organized manner, "Seaweed, if you don't mind me interjecting. There's Robot behind us or Dragon ahead of us. We have to choose one side because we can't live on cake forever. We know for sure the robot behind us wants us dead, and we know for sure that the dragon behind us doesn't want us dead yet. We know for sure that we can fight in a building, and we know for sure that we'll die if we touch the lava. Therefore," a pause that generated the feeling that Xion was going to give some amazing answer, "I was counting the dragon's tail petals and think that we should trust the dragon!".

Solas Crua

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:34 pm
User Image

c h a k r a215 // 215
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

When the dragon thing didn't respond, Miyuki decided it best to test their luck. What was she being so paranoid about anyway? Normally she was the reckless one, so what was making her anxious? Xion's additions were anything but sound, but it was about the only sense they had in this place. It was either that or try to fight their way back through the fortress. And something told her that robot wouldn't let them escape twice. So in all honesty, both options were probably death traps. It was just a matter of which way they wanted to die, right?

Either that or despite Cero's apparent hatred of their existence, he hadn't sent them to die and they would actually be fine, the big lizard would take them to find other people, and everything would be dandy. But Miyuki wasn't exactly holding her breath. Or she wouldn't, if she had to breath like a normal person.

Miyuki half wondered what lay beyond the sea of lava, if the world was just like this now, or if there were safe places. She hoped there were safe places. The tendrils could only scream for compensation for so long before they became aggressive and tried to take over. So at least if they followed the dragon, there was a chance of finding other people that could take her mind off of how weak she felt. Grinning suddenly to hide her concerns, she grabbed Xion to guide the blind girl forward--in case she accidentally decided to try swimming in the lava--and stepped into the tail capsule. "Alright I'll trust you. Take us away, dragon!"

HeadlessKoko
    BlackJack1995
    Royal Taorito

Aritaryn

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 pm
User ImagePshaw. Xion additions were totally sound. One just had to have the right mindset. It appeared that, in the end, Miyuki did indeed have that mindset as she agreed with Xion. Feeling her hand tugged forward, Xion nodded in approval.

Being blind, Xion sadly missed Miyuki's valiant efforts to grin and hide her hesitation. All she heard was a strangely cheerful voice, strange because Miyuki had sounded so hesitant just moments before. Then again, who was Xion to comment about how strange someone was? People's emotions could change at the slightest change in the astral axis, after all. "Indeed, onwards~" Xion encouraged, possibly implicitly confirming one of Miyuki's unspoken fears with her next words, "If not, I'm afraid we'll have to swim through the lava, and I'd much rather avoid that~". Words aside, she stepped safely aboard the dragon right after Miyuki.

Solas Crua

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:56 pm
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
As soon as the pair had stepped into the capsule-like tail, the 'petals' of it snapped closed, but not tightly. There was just enough room for them to get comfortable, and although it was hot inside, it wasn't unbearably so. Likewise, for now anyway, it seemed that there was plenty of air for them to breathe. A moment later, they would feel movement, and a muffled scraping as the tail was pulled back from the rock and, they could assume, back into the lava. Not a drop of it leaked in. Their lives were in fate's hand from their decision. Hopefully the wyvern would indeed take them somewhere safe.

[Exit to Wyvern Corrals]

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
________ Well of Brilliance ► Ancient Ruins

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4