Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Capital Outskirts (Tsukihara Hana) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 am
User Image
There was much to unpack in how Servus was answering the questions. With Kaileer keeping the situation from blowing up and Kira acting friendly, they may eventually coax out enough information to be useful. She observed her allies, their steeds, Nok's agitated movements, and then turned her attention back to Servus. She called back the bead she'd placed in the goblin's mask and let the information it carried settle into the back of her mind, to be pored over later. There was a question that had to be asked first.

Meissa very nearly laughed out loud at Zuu's slip of the tongue. She'd have to use "Lord/Lady Venereal" as an insult someday. When finally she was able to quell that urge, she cleared her throat and asked: "For what reason have you been given the task of protecting our town?"

The words "Servio Vanarus"--and more specifically the name "Vanarus"--nagged at her, like she'd heard them before. The sound of them called her mind northward, to the tundra and the people she'd visited so long ago. Doubtless it was a coincidence, though; she was sure she hadn't met anyone with that specific name. With that train of thought stalling out, she took in the area from Nok's perspective. She could feel the spirit's laser focus on Servus, but was more interested in the rest of the landscape; it wouldn't do to be blindsided by something out here.

Current Goal: Trying not to laugh.

Mana: 350/350
Stamina: 150/150
Experience: 1725
Money: 500

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (22/25):
  1. 50/100 (Embedded: Nok)
  2. 50/100
  3. 50/100
  4. 50/100
  5. 50/100
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Weaponry: Senbon x30 (in a bundle on her belt, below her backpack)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:38 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Tsukihara Region - City Outskirts

The boy offered us to call him 'Servus' but for whatever reason Kira decided 'Vio' would be a better nickname. Whether he took any offense to it, however, I couldn't tell because his expression never changed. Emotions were there but they were dull, barely a twinge of difference between them. The only reason I really noticed them was because I was used to watching for reactions in those I talked to--after all, I had mere seconds to determine whether or not someone was a threat. As for Servus... he didn't seem to have any malicious intent, but I also wasn't so sure he viewed taking a life as something malicious.

Servus watched Kira wordlessly as the young swordsman searched around in his pack for something. He thanked him for his help with the patrol the blacksmith had been with was attacked. So the two had met before then. If there was any recognition from Servus's side, it didn't show. The robed boy made no move for any of the proffered snacks, his gaze instead just drifting across the items. But his attention--and mine--returned to Kira at the mention of defending the village. "Months, maybe," he replied. "Ever since the town was built."

My gaze turned back to Zuu as she spoke up. Perhaps it was because of her frustration, but her accent was to the point I could barely understand her. But I did gather that she thanked Servus for protecting the village. And then she asked where 'Venereal' was and I about cracked up. Servus just looked confused if anything. He didn't see what was funny about the statement. Maybe it was lost in translation--given his accent--or he just didn't know the word.

Servus's eyes returned to his feet when Meissa spoke, her question a serious follow-up to Zuu's, and he shifted uncomfortably. He was looking pale. "I have no reason," he said softly, then grimaced slightly and shook his head. "No, that is a lie. I want to protect it." He glanced briefly to Zuu again. "Vanarus is dead, I hope. Although my gut tells me that is not true."

Suddenly the boy wavered on his feet and his right hand moved to his left shoulder. He staggered a bit but steadied himself again. "You alright?" I stepped forward to help but sickly, glowing eyes turned to me, halting me in my tracks.

A low, pained growl escaped him. "I... should leave..." he breathed, and took off at an unsteady gait.

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 100 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
• Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 600 / 600 .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 17305 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira looked towards Zuu with what amounted to be a death glare before he turned to Vio/Vanarus whichever he wanted to be called by and composed himself to watch the lads movements. As Vio said he wanted to protect the town Kira smiled in his mask and gave a small nod to the lad. Soon though it looked obvious, to Kira at least, that his arm seemed to be in pain. When Kaileer asked if he was alright the lad merely said something softly and Started to head for the woods in an abnormal gate. Noticing this Kira began to lift himself off the snow covered ground and began to go after him as calmly, but also as quickly, as he could manage. It was during this short burst of speed that Kira said,

"If your hurt we can help, You dont have to run away!

Mana Bar: 420/420
Stamina Bar: 445/445
BP Bar: 450/450

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48 pm
Hey, you, Baby Blues, show me what you gonna do!
Say I'm not a sinner but you make me a liar!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [ S ]ervus wouldn't get very far, perhaps no more than a few good meters, before Zuu Shifted into existence in front of him in a small flurry of flaming petals. While her bow was in her hands and her eyes observed him with a deep intensity there was no obvious hostility in her particular frame. This was intentional. Every fiber of her being vibrated with an intensity to do something, whether it was to fight, flee, or...some other F word she didn't want to think about right then. Yet she did the opposite of fighting, and instead focused on what he wasn't doing, which was acting like someone healthy. He was in pain, and she would do her damndest to help him with the little medical knowledge she had. "Mine strength be in Spirit, na' in body," she offered, her tone clearly restrained behind barely held sensibilities. By the gods he reeked of that Corruption! "Might'n it be tha I be able ter offer ye somethin' tha' soothes yer soul?"
                                            tab Releasing the string from her bow, yet keeping the grip firmly within her grasp, she watched him closely with a weighing gaze as she extended the free hand with palm up. Like placating a wild animal, this one was. "I be a Skald. If'n ye be a bit down on yer luck wit' anythin' ah mightn' be offering a balm if ye but let me try."
                                            tab

A little good won't stop the devil.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm
User Image
Behind her expressionless facade, Meissa was suddenly feeling very uneasy. Servus' actions and words weren't lining up with how he was trying to present himself. She had wanted to press him further, but when he started leaving, her thoughts moved on.

Based on how he was acting, Servus seemed to be in some sort of pain, though she wasn't sure if it was physical, psychological, or both. Given how he had looked when he'd shown up and how much he seemed to be struggling to converse with them, she had a feeling that using his power placed a toll on both his mind and body. His waffling made it seem like he was arguing with himself behind the scenes, which only added to that assumption. There was also the possibility that his abilities were an affliction rather than something he'd always had, in which case it was likely "Vanarus" had inflicted him with them.

Regardless, even with the kid on the way out, they were still in a very bad position. Camping in effectively hostile territory was never a good idea, and she had a feeling they'd be roughing it for at least a couple nights at this rate. She'd need to air her thoughts out sooner rather than later, so she began to circle around toward Kaileer, whom she viewed as the leader of this expedition.

Then, right as she got her thoughts lined up, Zuu and Kira both chased after Servus. She stopped in her tracks, whole body tensed. The kid was already stressed and now they were ganging up on him. Why did this have to be the thing those two agreed on? She turned her attention to Kaileer for any cues on how to act. If this devolved into a fight now, their chances weren't awful, but they weren't great either. Ideally, she wanted to regroup and come up with a contingency in advance.

Nok remained silent.

Current Goal: Trying not to laugh.

Experience: 1750

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (Max. 25):
  2. 50/100
  3. 50/100
  4. 50/100
  5. 50/100
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:12 pm
User Image

I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.

Both Kira and Zuu apparently had the same thought in stopping Servus when the boy tried to get away from us. His demeanor had shifted from non-existent to barely restrained hostility, and in their hasty actions the pair hadn't seemed to notice it. And it didn't give a good impression that the two unintentionally cornered him. As was shown when the rising tension suddenly snapped.

Servus's eyes jerked up to meet Zuu an instant before his left hand shot forward and grabbed the red head by the throat. The hand bore the same chitinous look as the spike from before, clawed fingers holding tight enough that they threatened to puncture her skin. The momentum had dropped Servus's hood, fully revealing his face for the first time. Thick, unkempt blonde hair fell around a tanned face that was marred by several scars, the worst of which started on his left cheek and ran down his neck to disappear into his robe. His expression was one of terror.

"P-please, I... do not want to hurt you..." he stuttered. His gaze shifted to his hand, which shook as he did everything he could to hold back.

I took the moment of hesitation to intervene. With a quick seal, I shot forward as a lightning bolt, shoving Kira aside--and likely stunning him--and drew my blade. However, I stopped just before reaching Servus and, flipping the sword reverse grip, slammed the pommel into the side of his head. I was angry, but I wasn't going to take the boy's life, not when he was clearly barely in control of himself.

Servus dropped like a sack of rocks, releasing Zuu with minimal damage. Sword still drawn, I gave the boy a solid nudge to make sure he was unconscious and turned my attention back to Zuu to make sure she was fine. "Are you alright?" I asked, and glanced back at Servus. "We should take him back to town. Figure out what the hell is going on." Because despite his words it was seeming more and more like he was the culprit. I... only take a human's life to stay alive. Or maybe that was an admission of guilt. "Zuu, if you're fine run ahead and let the gate guard know what we found. Kira, help me carry him to the horses. The sooner we get out of here the less likely we are to draw the attention of nearby yokai." I glanced back at Meissa. "Since you're able to sense them, let me know if any get within a quarter mile of us."

Without waiting for an answer, I knelt and lifted the unconscious boy by his left side and supported him with my shoulders. The whole arm felt like it was made of steel, and it was heavy. I waited for Kira's help before heading back toward the horses.

Counter | 101 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 17330 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:25 am
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira had only taken a few steps toward what was now Zuu and Servus when the chitinous arm reached forward on Zuu and started to strangle her. Alarmed Kira tried picking up the pace when a sudden crashing noise whipped by him and shoved him a few meters away to the right from the two he was trying to reach. Stunned, Confused, and ears ringing in his head with limited ability to here what was being said Kira looked back up slowly to See The young teen monster down and unconscious. Trying to shake off what happened Kira tried to slowly stand up, the electrical charge that grazed him effecting his movements. As his hearing began to return to normal He heard Kaileer asked him something for him to do.

Kira strained his eyes to read Kaileers lips more than try to listen to his voice. What he understood was more so to carry the boy which was enough for Kira to understand.

Alright.. Sorry If I ask you to repeat things but that thunderbolt really messed up my ears I can barely hear a thing your saying at the moment.. Hopefully it'll pass.

Of course Kira had questions on his mind but without being able to hear properly at the moment it would seem rather annoying for the answer to be repeated by the person before they decided to punch him for not listening. Kira picked up the Boy and held him on like a backpack grabbing underneath the knee's to hold him. As they started their ways back to the hoats Kira looked to Kaileer and asked him,

"If you would can you retrieve my blade, Berikishi? I can only do one at time at the moment"

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:14 pm
User Image
Hey, you, Baby Blues, show me what you gonna do!
Say I'm not a sinner but you make me a liar!

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [ B ]eing grabbed by the throat wasn't a pleasant experience, though her shoulder popping out of place was. His hands grabbed, and instantly her expression went from one of peace and calm to one of rage and feral delight. Would Kaileer see the golden irises that replaced the red? Would he notice the way her canines were slightly longer, the darkened lines around the hollows of her eyes, or the pops of her joints moving out of place? Perhaps he would, perhaps he wouldn't, but it wouldn't matter as he took down the monster holding her with the pommel of his katana and cast her to the ground in a heap. A low growl came from her throat as she stared in challenge at Kaileer's movements, the removal of her prey, but with an effort that left her dizzy she reversed her changed with a twist of her body, allowing her rolling to her feet to disguise the replacement of her joints back to their sockets. Would others notice? Maybe, but right then she didn't care.
                                            tab Once back on her feet she glared around at the asshat who started this all. Why, in all that was holy, had Kira cornered the boy? She was trying to speak with a caged beast and he thought it smart to come up behind him? How the bloody <********> did he still have the addled delusion of being a one-time assassin? From the first goddamned day he'd talked like a man of experience but acted like an idiot child whose parent didn't discipline him enough. She didn't know what kind of assassin or warrior he had been trained to be but clearly the instruction had gone in one ******** ear and out the goddamned other. Her rage was almost enough to steam the air at her hot skin on cold wind and she might well have caught fire had she worn less flame retardant clothing, but orders took precedence. She wasn't going to be a useless cur like him. In at least this Kira had a use: setting the bar low and showing others just how not to act.
                                            tab Instead, she listened, and remembered Kaileer's words what felt like a goddamned century ago. There was no way of knowing how many humans were left on this planet, or whatever people were now. Killing Kira would be a shortsighted solution to a potentially larger problem. That, and that alone, kept her from ending his miserable excuse of an existence.
                                            tab Nodding to Kaileer, shoving the frazzled red hair back over her shoulder and away from her face, Zuu picked up her bow where she'd been forced to drop it and slung it over her shoulder to keep it in place. "Aye," she accented with a snarl she couldn't have held back even if she'd actually tried. "Ah'll let'm know we got a live 'un we be bringin' in." Without much other worry she nodded to Meissa and crouched to give herself a better push off for a start and bolted towards the city gates, her long legs flashing in the light as she bounded away like a natural born athlete.

A little good won't stop the devil.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:16 pm
User Image
Unfortunately, Meissa's apprehensions were founded. Servus snapped. Luckily, Kaileer intervened before things got much worse and was able to temporarily subdue the threat. Things were moving quickly, and she wouldn't be left behind here.

"On it," Meissa called out in response to Kira's request, returning Zuu's nod at the same time. She fetched the sword, frowned at how much more effort it took to do so than she expected, then returned to the horses. She untied and mounted her steed, then offered the sword back to its owner hilt-first.

With Nok still staying weirdly calm and quiet above her, she had its senses at her disposal. She embedded a few of her mana jewels into their horses, then did the same for the unconscious Servus. One gem sank into his head, one into his distorted arm, another into his normal arm, and one into his chest for good measure. She wasn't sure if there would be any benefit to dedicating so many to one person, but there would be no room for regrets later.

"I'll keep an eye out for Fades, but Servus is dripping with the same energy. Is there someplace outside the city we can take him?" she asked, adjusting to the new sensory input from her mount. As it equalized with what she was getting from Nok, she was hit with another wave of nausea as the spirit's perception of Servus reasserted itself. Now being nearer to him, she wasn't thrilled at how she could practically smell every individual drop of the corruption flowing out of him.

Current Goal: Heading back to Ikeinasu.

Experience: 1775

2. 50/100 (Embedded: Meissa's hoat)
  3. 50/100 (Embedded: Kira's hoat)
  4. 50/100 (Embedded: Kaileer's hoat)
  5. 50/100 (Embedded: Zuu's hoat)
  6. 50/100 (Embedded: Servus' weird arm)
  7. 50/100 (Embedded: Servus' normal arm)
  8. 50/100 (Embedded: Servus' chest)
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100
  24. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:35 pm
User Image

Kira wound up taking the boy from me and carrying him over his shoulder, which left me free to move and keep watch as needed. Meissa grabbed the warrior's sword before I had a chance to. Zuu ran ahead of us as ordered. I brought up the rear heading back toward the horses. Although I did pause to look back at the small clearing briefly. Something still did feel quite right. Why was he out here on his own? And how strong must he have been to take on yokai on his own? The clothes he wore were tattered and yet he didn't seem affected by the bitter cold. At the same time, though, he claimed he was human. It wasn't beyond belief exactly; there were spells and natural abilities that allowed us to survive in the cold. But that was why I didn't know exactly what was bothering me.

Regardless, I didn't like the way that things were going. Just how much had he protected the village from? And how long would it be that the yokai were brave enough to strike the village directly? All the hard work we had put into surviving could be snuffed out under their numbers without much effort, and it would be my stubborn determination to find a way to take back the city that would cost these people their lives.

Sighing, I turned away and jogged after the others toward the horses. As I caught up, Meissa spoke, asking if there was a place outside of the city we could take Servus, because of the corruption that practically poured from him. I thought for a moment. "No where established, but there are ruins all over the mountain that could potentially provide enough shelter to stay warm. But if he's violent when he wakes up, I don't know how well we'll be able to restrain him out here. Unfortunately magical means of restraint have still been mostly beyond us."

---------

((The data Meissa's beads retrieved was rather interesting indeed. Biologically speaking he was human, as he claimed. But corruption flowed through his veins almost like blood, originating from a gemlike structure that essentially clutched his heart. It pulsated along with his heart's rhythm. Nothing about the arm that seemed to sprout from this gem was human, however. The chitinous limb was made of a structure not unlike the crystal that she had emerged from upon waking. And yet, unlike the crystal, the flesh of it was both alive and infused with enough mana that it didn't seem possible it could be contained. Except it was.

If all of this weren't alarming enough, Servus's body suggested that he was incredibly ill, possibly shouldn't even be alive, and yet showed no signs of symptoms.))

((P.S. Everyone gets 1000 exp.))

Counter | 102 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 18330 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira began the short march to the Hoats with Servus on his back like a child. Nothing much happened to Kira except a bit of numbness from the shock Kaileer's lightning..tazer? it didnt really matter in the long run. As they reached their steeds Kira sat Servus onto one of the Hoats and began lightly tying his legs and hips to the saddle to make sure he didnt fall over during the trip. Kira then looked over to Meissa and smiled as he took the blade and nodded towards the girl.

Kira began to inspect the equipment on the hoats to make sure that they weren't to tight or to loose for the journey. The only one he didnt check with was the stallion that Kaileer had tackled when they first got them. Looking over to Kaileer he explained loud enough to be heard over a few meters after the clearing,

"Barikishi, I would check your steeds saddle in case its to out of place. Going up and down the ridges and ruins here might misplace anything on it if it wasnt done right."

Royal Taorito

Ergo War

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 pm
User Image
Kaileer's response was unfortunate, but understandable. Given the state of Ikeinasu, Meissa hadn't been too hopeful that there was anywhere outside that was secure.

She withdrew her beads from Servus' unconscious body and was subsequently bombarded with information. For just a moment she slumped over on her hoat, but just as quickly she was up again. Her mind was racing. She could clearly feel the outline in her pocket of the fragment she'd taken from her own cocoon. There was a ton of static in the information--data, feelings, and movements she didn't understand--but the stuff she did understand represented the first real lead she'd gotten on what had happened to the world.

The advice she'd gotten from the Kokoro came floating back to her. It had warned her of something on the mountain that was necessary for its stability, and which Kaileer must not know about. She couldn't very well come out and state all of what she'd just learned, but she didn't want to leave her new allies completely without information.

"I just took a look inside him. There's not a drop of human blood left in his veins, it's all corruption. Whatever's afflicting him feels like an illness, but I'm no medic. There's also a dense bundle of mana inside him that looks... I hesitate to say 'stable', but contained for now. Could be what's keeping his consciousness around, could be a weapon." She stopped talking to let the information percolate. Her mouth was dry, her teeth so cold it hurt. She reached toward her hip for her flask of tea, only to realize it wasn't there. Old habits died hard.

Any change, Nok? she silently asked the spirit floating above her head.

None. Are you well? There was a note of concern in its tone, but its attention was elsewhere, somewhere high above the clouds.

Well enough for now.

She suddenly became very aware of how much time they were spending talking when Servus could wake up any minute. She considered heading out toward Ikeinasu, but leaving Kira behind didn't sit well with her. She cast her attention from Kira, to Kaileer, to Servus, then looked upward. "We should move before he wakes up," she added a bit quieter. She gripped the reins of her hoat and shifted in her saddle uneasily. She'd have to remember to ask Kira about how to take care of these creatures, assuming they got out of this alive. Her unease only grew with each moment spent talking instead of moving.

Current Goal: Heading back to Ikeinasu.

Experience: 2800

2. 50/100 (Embedded: Meissa's hoat)
  3. 50/100 (Embedded: Kira's hoat)
  4. 50/100 (Embedded: Kaileer's hoat)
  5. 50/100 (Embedded: Zuu's hoat)
  6. 50/100
  7. 50/100
  8. 50/100
  9. 50/100
  10. 50/100
  11. 50/100
  12. 50/100
  13. 50/100
  14. 50/100
  15. 50/100
  16. 50/100
  17. 50/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100
  24. 50/100
  25. 50/100

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:07 pm
User Image

Kira's offer check the stallion's (who I'd since decided to call Halij after a horse from my childhood) saddle immediately slammed me with an unexpected anxiety. I felt my stomach drop and my pulse increase, accompanied with the feeling of panic. I managed to keep it from showing, but I found myself almost unable to respond. "Ah... No, it's fine," I managed, and moved to intercept him as the horse grew restless--maybe in response to my nervousness? "I can check it myself." Cutting him off, I faced Halij to hide my expression while I 'checked' the saddle. Meissa spoke as I did so. Servus had no human blood, and he seemed ill. There was a mass of mana inside of him that seemed to be contained. After a brief pause she said that we should go. I pulled myself up onto the horse's back and turned to face her. By that point I'd managed to compose myself again. "Right. Let's get moving." Tapping Halij on his flanks with heels, I started back toward town without another word.

Counter | 103 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War
Lanfaer
Kirra Yamata

tab .EXP : 18355 .RYO : 両2625 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:13 pm
User Image
The blast of bitter, cold wind that hit Meissa as soon as she left the shelter of the city walls was something else. It was similar enough to the winds she'd felt back home, but the chill turned what might have been an otherwise comforting phenomenon into something alien. She turned her cloak against the wind, trying to push it out of her mind.

Jata, meanwhile, seemed to be excited. Its attention kept wandering between the city, Lorelei, the towering evergreens, the strange grass that faded from blue to red, the snow... really, just about everything. The cold didn't even bother it, which was strange to Meissa as she felt the heat leave the snake spirit almost immediately. She'd have to ask about that later. For now, she was content just to use its spritely senses to watch out for Fades.

"Have you ever been out in this forest?" Meissa asked Lorelei, keeping her voice low enough that it wouldn't carry too far. "I've only been out here once before. Wasn't a good time, for various reasons."

Current Goal: Navigating trees.

Experience: 3225
Money: 490

1. 100/100
  2. 100/100
  3. 100/100
  4. 100/100
  5. 100/100
  6. 100/100
  7. 100/100
  8. 100/100
  9. 100/100
  10. 100/100
  11. 100/100
  12. 100/100
  13. 100/100
  14. 100/100
  15. 100/100
  16. 100/100
  17. 100/100
  18. 50/100
  19. 50/100
  20. 50/100
  21. 50/100
  22. 50/100
  23. 50/100
  24. 50/100
  25. 50/100 (Embedded in Jata)

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Spool of steel wire (28 meters; clipped to the side of the backpack)
  • Loop of steel wire (2 meters; wrapped around one wrist)

Jenni Deer

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:24 am
User Image
𝔏𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔦

|| ||

Quote:
Lorelei smiled and sighed as they stepped out in the bitter cold. She had good insulation with the help of fur underneath her armor but she was still a bit chilly. Yet, this help brought back memories of what was once home. Did the area even exist at all anymore? She wanted to go there someday. See if she could find some ruins of what it once was. She was still wary of the snake thing... considering she had never seen one before but it seemed friendly enough! Lorelei shook her head, "I have been found not too far from here but started to um... learn! Thats' the word. Learn in the village so didn't explore more because had so much to learn." Lorelei explained to the female. At least, with the wind, their footsteps crunching against the snow would be dampened for the hunt. Lorelei rose her eyebrow when Meissa had mentioned she was only out here once before and wasn't a good time. "Good time?" She questioned, confused as to what she meant by that. Was there such thing as a good time? Maybe some people liked morning, midday, or evening, and if she meant good time, perhaps that she preferred to go during a certain time? "If you wish to do this at a specific time, we can!" Lorelei exclaimed and a bit cautiously.

|| ||

Athlete l Water l Wind l 200/200 Mana l 350/350 Stamina

Ergo War

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out