User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rainier's under eyes were bruised with exhaustion and despair, his cheeks sallow, his body overly thin. He moved slowly and deliberately as he walked up the steps to the Sanctum, his legs trembling slightly with the exertion.
But his eyes were bright with a terrible fury that could not be quenched, as he neared the tops of the steps, he lost his footing and winced as he banged his knee against the step. That would leave a nasty bruise.
That was why he was here. He had tried incense, meditation, as many charms as he had ever known in his life to ward off the bad luck, to banish the darkness that had taken up residence inside him since the disappearance of his sister, but it was a coiling, living thing that would not dissipate.
If he were honest with himself, he had to admit he didn't know if he wanted it gone, for beneath it might still lay the horrible empty hopelessness that had wasted away his body and spirit before the wrath had curled up in that hollow. Wild anger, he could work with, it got him out of bed in the morning, he wasn't sure what would happen to him, and to Raisa, if he allowed it to dissipate.

But he was Yaeli, and he had grown up knowing the consequences of allowing such negativity to reign in your being. Like attracted like, and the last thing he needed right now was more bad luck.

Then again, the worst bad luck he had ever experienced had happened when he had been mindful of his spiritual upkeep.

But it was old habit to come for a cleansing when such moods reigned, so here he was. Rainier stepped into the small waiting chamber and gratefully sat down on one of the elegant benches. As always, slightly breathless at the elegance of the Sanctum. Letting his head fall back, he kicked his feet and waited for a priest to have the time to see to him.

Indigo_Plateau
I'm not actually sure what the sanctum looks like or how to set the stage, I'm so used to setting rps out in the wilderness after years in soquili xD. Let me know if anything I say is inaccurate for Tendaji!

For my own timeline: this rp takes place shortly after Rain's breakdown, while he is still physically recovering, and before he has really started to make much progress in arranging to leave Yael