[PRP Matori] Different But the Same (Tsallin/Howth) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 pm
Out of all the places he might have chosen to visit, Howth had picked Matori first. The potential it held for new alchemical discoveries was too enticing for him to ignore, even if the inevitable run-ins with actual mainlanders tied his stomach in knots. The prentice was not good with people at all.

He had hoped that by hanging around near the beach he might not come across as many curious locals, but there were still plenty around, Fire and Water earthlings mostly, but a few Shifters and Yaelians as well. Howth kept his head down, picking at shells and rocks with his naked toes. His boots had been strapped to each other and slung over his shoulder, leaving the rarely seen geometric pattern on the top of his left foot open to the air.

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:09 pm
Tsallin was a top one of the snaptrotters his group had been training from the capture. This one in particular liked to run away on jolly runs with its rider. Tsallin was trying to break it of that but his efforts had only served to bring him to the beach.

Round and round they went until the creature started to listen better and he went for a leisurely walk on the shore. The snaptrotter put its nose to the sand at one point and started trailing a specific set of footprints.

Idly he wondered what made this set so particularly special. When they found the maker of the footprints he tilted his head.

"I don't blame you for taking those boots off in this heat. They look awesome though, kind of like mine."

Smerdle

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm
In addition to the horrible people skills, the Geian's awareness of the world around him was criminally underdeveloped. He failed to notice both the young man and the giant beast behind him, starting slightly when the hybrid addressed him. The first thing he saw when he turned around were the very boots Tsallin had been speaking of, and Howth's first thought with regard to them was, those shoes are far more fashionable than mine. It made his brows wrinkle, just a little.

"I... I..." he said eloquently. "Yes, it is quite warm. Might I ask, what exactly is that animal you're riding?" After the boots, the snaptrotter had most definitely held his attention above all else. He couldn't take his eyes off of it, not even while he spoke to the other boy. "And thank you. Your boots are lovely as well."

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 am
"This beast, is a snaptrotter, they are local to this land and can be very good companions if they are socialized and trained properly. They are smarter than people think, or so our Beast Charmer says."

He patted the snaptrotters neck, upon which the snaptrotter arched it, prancing a little because he was vain, and knew he was being talked about at the moment. "No little sense of humor either in this one I see. He is almost fully trained, its been a bit of a journey and I will miss him when he is gone. Maybe I should have been a beast charmer but I wanted to be a rider." He sighed.

This guy was one of those geian folks and Tsallin found himself infinitely curious. "So my friend what brings you to the lovely state of Matori? The fine beaches perhaps?"

Travel was good for the soul but this poor boy looked overwhelmed. He didn't sense any nefariousness from the guy however so he was on his best behavior.

Smerdle

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm
"A snaptrotter," he said mostly to himself as if logging the information away. When he looked up at the hybrid again, it was with a much less intimidated expression. There was even the hint of a smile.

"I'm on one last little trip before I head off to school." It wasn't a lie exactly, which was probably why it came out so easily. After all, he couldn't tell someone he had only just met that he had stolen numbing tinctures from his father to fund an impromptu venture across the world in a time when people traveling by themselves were being kidnapped and murdered by mind-controlling bug people. "I'm collecting interesting materials for my research. My name is Howth, by the way."

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:09 pm
Smerdle

"Travel is amazing, very brave of you too. My name is Tsallin." He clambered off the snaptrotter who was being suspicioualy good at the moment so he could shake Howth's hand. Welcome to Tendaji. Materials you say? What area of study? There are some mighty fine markets particularly in Jauhar and Oba depending on the type of material you are after."

He saw the fancy design on his shoulder. How cool. And how fortunate he was to meet this person this day. He liked meeting new people particularly people from off continant.

"My mother is frequently in the Oban markets and I have people here in Matori with connections in Jauhar."  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:30 am
"I agree." He had been surprised to find just how much he enjoyed exploring new places in his short time here, so much so that he was wracking his brain to find a reason to make more of these trips following his return to Belrea. If his mother didn't kill him first. "And thank you." Howth perked up just a little more at the proclamation that he was brave, pride momentarily winning out over good sense.

"As far as the materials I'm looking for... I don't really know. I'll be using them for... communication. Um, ink that does special things. Whatever ingredients I find have to be soluble in liquid eventually, I suppose. But I don't have a problem grinding down bones and scales or treating pelts until I can work with them." He paused, telling himself not to ramble. It was something the taciturn youth had never had to do before.

"So, I'll take anything really. Anything new."

Aukai 0ceansoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 pm
Smerdle

"Well if anything new is the basis of your search you are in for a long verdant trip my friend. Matori has much exotic wildlife and I believe that Jauhar likely has whatever you are seeking in one form or another, the materials there are quite rich and striking and come in all forms, many of them floral and herbal in nature. Sauti and Zena perhaps not so much, Tale perhaps has a few grasses that might help. Hmm, yes I would say that Jauhar is your best bet."

He tilted his head, "Though I hear that Matori cephalopod ink is quite rich, its only black in color though that I know of, so I don't know how much of a help it will be. Easy to get your hands on though! Coincidentally not so easy to get off them so mind your spills."

Jauhar had such a vast diversity from the stuff he had seen at market that that would be where he bet all his money on a miracle ingredient. Some people made a living there just from selling moss for gods' sake.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:07 pm
"Jauhar. I'll have to make that a goal the next time I visit." Whenever that turned out to be. The closer to empty his money purse got, the more distant a return trip felt. In the meantime, he could at least pick up a little of this cephalopod ink, since it seemed common enough to be cheap.

"I'd be interested in a little of that ink though, if... um... you wouldn't mind pointing me in the direction of some." He hated to impose on his new acquaintance, especially when he was out training snaptrotters, but Howth was anxious to get his hands on something more tangible to bring home.

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Smerdle

"I'll do you one better, I know the seller, since my group does a lot of writing as it were we are in near constant contact with the ink seller. I'll take you right to them, it will be good training for my friend here anyway, would you like a lift? He's pretty fast." He got back on and offered a hand. It would be quicker to travel this way but it was up to the prentice if he wanted to chance it. The snaptrotter was polite and at worst they would go on a slight detour, but maybe then the extra weight would make the creature listen better.

"The merchant is a fair woman I think you two will get along." He smiled cheerfully, glad that his mount had wandered this direction in the first place or he would have missed out on meeting someone new.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:19 pm
"O... oh. Yes. Certainly." He was brave. He had wanted more new experiences. And now he was about to get them in the form of a ride on a giant beast. Howth accepted Tsallin's help, hoisting himself onto the snaptrotter's back and settling in for the unexpected. He had never ridden anything living before, but for some reason he was fairly confident he wasn't about to fall off.

"All right," he said, the touch of levity in his voice betraying his nervous excitement. "I think I'm ready."

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:02 pm
Tsallin was proud of his new aquaintance for taking the risk of the ride. This boy had such promise. He nudged the snaptrotter forward, slowly at first and then building speed into an easy lope which was the easiest to stay on besides a walk. The snaptrotter appeared to be on his best behaviour so Tsallin thought he just liked to tease him, if this was how he behaved with an audience.

It was an exhilarating run all the more so with some new company along for the ride. They soon approached the market and Tsallin slowed the beast down to a walk until they were close enough. He dismounted and held the snaptrotter for the other boy to disembark. "Well that went well, what did you think? Smooth gait on this one, I'm happy with him, will make someone a fine critter one day."

Smerdle

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:04 am
"Smooth, yes," Howth said, sliding off of the snaptrotter's back like a shaky old man. "Though I'm probably not the best person to ask, considering I've never ridden one before." He chuckled airily, giving the creature's side a timid pat.

"Thank you though. That was fun." Not quite fun enough for him to consider training them full time, but fun nonetheless. Howth brushed off the seat of his pants and examined his boots, grateful for the moment to pull himself back together.

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm
"Well it was our pleasure at Snaptrotter Adventures!" He chuckled at the joke. "Seriously though, it was fun. He did very well, I'm proud. I think he can go to a new home now." He patted the 'trotter before dismounting and taking the reins.

"Now then the ink seller is over here along this row." He led the boy to his ink hook up. "New customer for you my friend!" He called. The seller waved them over and asked what she could do for them.

"Some of your finest squid ink for my friend here." She took out a few bottles and displayed its deep dark quality on paper.

Smerdle

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:25 pm
Howth followed silently, taking in the merchant stalls and comparing them with the ones he knew. He was only really a little surprised to find they were rather similar. In spite of Belrea's greater technological advances on the whole, when you wanted necessities like sugar and cloth, you bartered for them just the same.

Or you did if you were anyone else. Howth was so abysmal at haggling that he didn't even try. He examined the ink, running his fingers over it appreciatively once it had dried. Then, when the bargaining would have begun, he offered the merchant exactly the price she had asked for.

Aukai Oceansoul

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces