Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:30 am
Sabra Knight

Dair found himself starring up into the twisting branches of one of the trees in the garden. It wasn't a special tree in any way, it didn't bare fruit, and it wasn't a flowering tree... it was just a tree. The thing was the tree that was 'just a tree' did have a special feature to it that he hadn't noticed until today, something that might elevate it to something great then 'just a tree' in his mind. The tall tree with its many out stretched branches was really close to the garden wall, wasn't it? Something that would allow him to climb said tree, hop over to the wall, and sneak off if that was something he was so inclined to do.

Arms crossed over his chest he found himself debating within his own mind the merits of doing so. To get out and about on his own could be fun, though it'd be more fun if Fai tagged along. Should he risk finding his twin to show him the tree? Should he wait and see if Fai found him? His twin was a master of finding Dair after all so it felt like it might be best to wait for him. If he waited for him though then he should probably stop starring at the tree lest he draw more attention to the tree and all it's merits.

Turning around he glanced around the garden once more, finding something else to hold his attention for a while. Let's see... what was there to look at? There was that small, fancy pond with the fish in it. That was something he enjoyed watching. The fish within it were rather relaxing and while he had no desire to relax at the moment at least watching them would make him appear as though he was being completely innocent even if that weren't the case. Giving a bit of a grin from behind his messy bangs he started forward toward where the pond was, deciding that he'd wait for Faisal there.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:40 am
Orpheus Solon

"I got it, grandmother!" Faisal called out from the bottom of the grand staircase that curved downwards from the second level of their manor to touch the floor with its wide steps. Each marble step felt cool beneath his bare feet and he relished running up and down them during the hottest of summer days. As his fingertips trailed down the ebony railings that swirled around the steps he couldn't help grinning. When he was younger he did enjoy racing down them to beat his brother to the bottom floor - though to do so would risk his grandmother or mother chastising him. That was why he opted to behave at the current moment since his grandmother was still nearby. The last thing he wanted to do was act too suspicious when he just wanted to go roam in the garden. Such a thought had him looking around one last time before slipping on his shoes and heading out through the side door that was to the left of the stairs, away from the noisier grand entrance, that led straight to the gardens.

It had been awfully quiet after all and once he had finished his writing homework Faisal had realized that his twin was missing. Somehow Dair always manages to beat me to the fun things. And when Dair was missing that usually meant that Fai could find him outside in the expanse of gardens that made up the backside of their family home. His grandmother was fond of any oasis and in a sense she had made her own in the desert. Tall hedges decorated with early spring flowers rose from the sandy ground and bushes preparing to bloom in the later months while others that bloomed year round dotted the stone paths that twisted like a maze throughout the greenery. In the center would be a pond and a fountain and Faisal decided to start there. He could always toss some crumbs from lunch to the fish there and even if he didn't find Dair at least that would be something to do.

Though his worries vanished as he walked through the garden and spotted a familiar mop of hair colored similarly to his own, "Dair!" He grinned and waved before picking up his pace so that he could bump a hip against his brother, "What are you doing out here? Feedin' the fishes too?" He smirked and tossed out a handful of crumbs and watched as the colorful fish swam up to the surface to steal a piece before darting away again.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:53 pm
Sabra Knight

Dair couldn't help but to grin when he heard his brother approaching, his smile only growing as he got the hip check, "I was waiting for you, Fai. The fish were a good distraction though, they helped it look as though I wasn't plotting anything that might get me into trouble." He glanced over at his twin after a moment of looking around to make sure they were alone before he said, "Which is exactly what I'm doing, but I didn't want to go off getting into trouble without you. It wouldn't be as much fun I don't think."

He could do some things on his own but he felt as though things would be far more interesting if he had his twin alongside him. Having back up when he did things was also helpful, it kept him from getting in too far over his head after all. Not something that he wanted to risk when the two of them weren't even old enough to properly get a weapon of their own. It had been drilled into his head by his father that he had to be 'mature and responsible' before such a thing was even considered for him. Meaning he doubted that would happen any time soon. Not that he minded too much since he was in no way equipped to start down the path he wanted to follow. What tamer had zero pets after all?

Looking to his twin he said, "So! Do you want to come with me to climb what might be the most amazing tree that you've ever climbed in you like, Faisal?" Worded in such a way so that it would seem that much more awesome!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:14 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Ooooh?" Faisal raised a curious brow as his brother began to express his intentions to do something mischievous, "I'm glad you waited." He replied before tossing out the final crumbs into the pond, "So what are you scheming up, Dair?" His brother was pretty good for figuring out something fun while Faisal just happened to be fortunate enough to bump into him before he disappeared. That or like this time Dair at least waited so that he had a chance to catch up to him. So needless to say Faisal was bursting with anticipation as he awaited his brother's rundown on today's escapade.

"Oh." Faisal blinked at his brother's suggestion and tilted his head, a slightly confused expression flickering across the typically playful grin, "So we're climbing a tree?" He repeated before shrugging his shoulders with a slight laugh, "I just hope there's something good at the top of it." After all why else would his brother find climbing a tree so exciting?  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:54 pm
Sabra Knight

"What? Why would you ever think that I am scheming, Fai? So little faith that you have in me." He was only able to keep his face looking serious for a moment before he started to laugh, "Nah, you totally got me." No reason to lie, not to Faisal at least. His brother was not only his twin but he was also his best friend, meaning that Fai knew him far too well for him to ever get away with anything. As such there was zero reason to keep anything from him.

Giving the fish a little wave he turned his full attention to Fai, amused to see confusion in his brother's eyes. That was the best expression that he could have gotten as he spun around on the ball of his foot before he walked toward the tree, "It probably has the most amazing thing of all time at the top! I think we should totally go and take the tree on and claim our prize, sound good?" He paused at the base of the tree, holding a hand out to his brother, "Ready to go? You don't need anything before we do, right?" As though climbing the tree was going to bring them forth on a crazy adventure or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Orpheus Solon

Fai chortled at his brother's words, "More like I have lots of faith in you!" After all he loved that his brother could keep things interesting. The manor could get so stuffy with all the tutors coming in and out and the rules and the servants to tell on them and his grandmother to chastise them...needless to say Faisal's list could go on and on about why he longed to go on escapades with his brother like this. But a tree? Seriously Dair had to have something to make this worthwhile. What are we going to peek into someone's garden for a surprise? Not like there was much of that either considering all the high walls the noble's had to hide their secrets from one another.

"Unless this tree teleports us to Zena or something I think I have plenty." Just to make certain he patted his sides while he spoke, his hands finding the small pouch nestled safely beneath his sash. One never knew when they would need a coin or two after all and Faisal constantly made certain of that. It also helped to bribe some of the newer staff to turn to the side when he wanted to walk out the back gate and into the markets. The thought created a mischievous smirk to flicker across his features before he reached out a hand to grasp his brother's own, "Let's go Dair."

If anything Faisal was always ready to take on the world....even if it was just to conquer the top branches of some old tree.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:04 am
Sabra Knight

Dair gave a smile before he made his way up the tall tree with the angled trunk and thick, twisting branches. Once he got to a specific branch he looked from wide to side, down to Faisal, then got to his feet so he could walk across the branch. After making it to a certain point he just... jumped. Instead of falling to his doom though he instead landed easily on top of the garden wall that wasn't that far from the edge of the branch, whirled around, and waited for his brother to catch up with him.

He'd wait for Faisal to catch up and then continue to lead the way. There was so much to see from up here but it wasn't even the best part, that they could get out this way. The best part was that nobody would suspect. There was always the back gate but it was ofttimes guarded, to make sure the two of them behaved and stayed inside. Going to this tree there was a good way to throw people off because there were no gates this way, nor was there anything dangerous, it was just some old trees and a lot of flowers. Even the two of them would appear as innocent if they took a walk in this direction, at least until they vanished that was.

"Come on, Fai! Faster!" He cheered his twin on, clapping his hands as he did so.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm
Orpheus Solon

What was this a jumping contest? Faisal raised a brow at his brother's incredulous actions before slowly lowering that very brow to instead open his mouth in surprise as realization dawned upon him. It wasn't about the tree at all but rather about where the tree could take them. A devilish grin lit his features as he laughed at his brother, "You really....wow just wow, Dair." He breathed before allowing his own feet to leave the stability of the branch to touch the stone wall instead. Not to brag but Faisal was as agile as a perzi so when he landed he made certain to have a slight flourish to it as to show off to his brother, "I'm assuming we aren't just here to stare over the gardens, right?" He teased lightly as he quickly followed along after his brother.

If it lowered just right or if they had a good landing spot on the other side then this would be golden. No more having to sneak around guards and servants...they could simply vanish into thin air. The very thought had Faisal feeling giddy as he bounced along the stone wall after his brother.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:37 am
Sabra Knight

"I know, I know, I'm quite amazing." He said, giving a little bow to Faisal as the other said 'wow' a couple of times, seeming to be quite impressed by what he'd found. It was a find that was worth more then gold if you asked Dair... though he wasn't about to leave his money behind as a tribute to the tree or anything, he needed it for when they got outside.

"Of course!" He said as Faisal said that he was assuming that they weren't going to just be starring the gardens, "Actually it's been a lot of fun to just stare over the gardens as I walk around on top of the walls. Thus far I found one yard with this grey haired lady had like... twenty perzi running around. In another yard I found..." He trailed off and set to giggling a bit, unable to help it, before he looked from side to side making sure that nobody was around before he glanced over at Faisal.

"So I was... what, a half dozen gardens down that way and I saw what had to be someone's mistress or something... this pretty woman with blond hair that was walking around without a shirt!" He said in a hushed whisper before he gave a chuckle again, unable to help it. It had been quite the surprising discovery, "I almost feel off the wall when I saw her! Then I took off cause she set to throwing things at me." He wasn't sure which of them was more shocked him or that woman, but he'd been quite to run to keep from being pummeled to death or getting reported to his parents.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:39 pm
Orpheus Solon

Faisal snorted, "Yeah, yeah. If amazing can cover a variety of choice words then I suppose that'll do." He quipped lightly while pondering if the small fall would hurt his brother should he gently poke at him while doing those silly bows, "Seriously though this is pretty awesome." He studied over the wall and then glanced back to the garden. If their grandmother ever found out....a shiver went down his spine at the thought. Nope! They'd have to work hard to hide this little gem of a find.

"Ooooh." Faisal quirked up a brow as his amusement from the crazy perzi granny turned into interest at his brother's other find, "I'm surprised she didn't climb the wall after you....though I'm sure that would have been a sight." He grinned and shook his head, "I guess that'll make anyone think twice about their privacy in a city! Who knew my brother would be such a peeping tom and without me?" He nudged Dair lightly before motioning, "So which way do we go? Maybe there's more than just yards to drop down into." He pondered before brushing the dust from his pants and walking a few slow steps forward along the wall, testing both its strength and his balance, "Maybe we can find a street to get into that'll led us into the rest of the city? Unless you'd rather try to find some girl again to see what type of things she can throw this time around?" He couldn't resist teasing his brother though admittedly he was slightly jealous that the one who seemingly held no interest in such things kept attracting or rather in this case finding all the ladies. And to have also discovered this! Dair definitely was the luckier of the brothers that was for certain! Not that Fai would admit to such a thing but still...

Lucky~  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:36 pm
Sabra Knight

"Any time you use the tree to get out though make sure that nobody follows you. I always make a couple circles around the garden first just to make sure before I go up here." Speaking of which they likely shouldn't just be standing here waiting to get caught, huh? He motioned to his twin before he went scurrying along the top of the walls, moving away from home so that they wouldn't get spotted straight away.

Once he felt that they were far enough he turned to look at his twin and couldn't help but to laugh, "Oh man... I'd of been so terrified if she came up the wall after me! Luckily I don't think she saw me. Don't even know if she could see me given how old she was." She was hunch backed and gray haired so surely she wouldn't be able to get him, right? Here was to hoping.

As his brother offered suggestions of where they could go he gave a laugh and said, "Well, if you want we can see if she is around. I know what direction I went in after all so we can take a peek?" Would she be more on guard after the run in with Dair or would she not care? Surely she couldn't be all that modest if she was wandering around topless? He gave a humming sound then said, "I feel a bit bad peeping on purpose though... so maybe we can just find some back streets to take to escape to the marketplace? Unless you have your heart set on it?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:45 pm
Orpheus Solon

For once Faisal looked serious as he listened to Dair's advice, "Sure. I'll even leave a trail in the opposite direction if necessary. We can't let grandma cut down this tree." He shook his head at the thought because it was true - their grandmother was so protective at times! She would definitely be willing to do such a thing to keep the boys out of trouble. Not like they got into too much trouble....okay maybe a little bit. The thought tugged his lips upwards into a small smirk.

"Pffft." Faisal raised a hand to keep from laughing too loudly. Somehow the ladies had gotten turned around but either way it made a hilarious image! He was just thankful that no one had gotten to bust his brother before Dair could share this secret with him, "Oh." Faisal blinked and surprisingly a flush decorated his cheeks, "I wouldn't dare peep on purpose...." Even if it was super tempting the young hybrid had to shove such lewd thoughts from his mind, "I'd rather see what the marketplace has to offer us. Plus I like my face so I wouldn't want to risk someone tossing something at me." He teased lightly, "So let's forget about peeping on girls for today and just focus on our route into the city..."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm
Sabra Knight

"Yep! It's up to us to protect the tree." It was an important treasure that they had to look after if they wanted to keep an easy escape route out of the gardens. He turned to look over at his brother for a moment, curious about the laughter, then walked forward once again. The garden walls were tall as well as only a foot across, something that he was enjoying walking along. It kind of made him feel like he was one with the perzi that walked on such things.

Giving a chuckle as his brother mentioned not wanting to peep on purpose either he said, "How about we just head down down this way, see about making our escape, and see what we can see on the way. Even if we don't see her or the herd of perzi then maybe we can see something of interest. I have a feeling that this neighborhood has nothing more interesting things for miles."  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:23 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Possibly." Faisal nodded as he balanced and walked along the wall, "Even if we don't see something too interesting at least we got to test our balance today! Though I guess it'll be fun to see what happens in places that people think are secluded from the rest of the world." It was a bit invasive maybe? But still for a teen who was bursting with curiosity the idea did not bother him in the least. Maybe they'd find something to make a funny story later!

All of the nobles seemed a bit stuffy but maybe the further they walked the more interesting people they could find. Or even better! Maybe some people really let loose at home unlike how they were in public. Faisal chuckled at the thought, "I really do hope that we find something interesting, Dair. If not at least we can get some of those dumplings from that stall in the marketplace. I could go for some of those!"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:44 pm
Sabra Knight

Dair gave a grin as he whirled around to face his brother, walking backwards on the wall, "I think it's a lot of fun too. There are times that I am tempted to try to do some cartwheels up here and see if I can do them without falling off on my backside." A thought that made him chuckle just thinking about it.

"Ohhh! Yeah! Those things are amazing! We definitely need to pick some of those up if we don't get anything else while we are out and about." He smiled as he walked along, thinking on that, as well as other treats they might be able to pick up, "It's tough going out in a sneaky manner since it means thinking about what we can and can't bring home. If I bring back something too big or noticeable then someone might figure out I am up to something." Escaping was not something that they wanted to get caught in the midst of.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff