Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Illustrator CS2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.reCreate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:53 am
I have Illustrator, but I am not sure if I should install it. Anyone have any reccomendations for it?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:13 am
I use Illustrator more than any other individual program. It is very powerful, and very versatile. I'd recommend it to any serious designer.  

rogue_designer

JuneBerry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:04 pm
Why wouldn't you install it? If you have it you might as well use it.

Personally, I use Illustrator more than anything else. It's good stuff. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:47 am
.reCreate.
I have Illustrator, but I am not sure if I should install it. Anyone have any reccomendations for it?

Like always, it depends on what you want to do. If you're doing layout or logos it is a must. There is nothing worse than seeing simple black designs pixelate on a print. Vector graphics just rock when it comes to any form of printing.

It's not very interesting for webdesign or most pixelbased stuff, but it has its uses even there -- especially when it comes to flash or such. The StudioKREA logo (in my sig) was made in Illustrator and then imported (just copy/paste) into Photoshop where I can use it to make banners and such.

Also, if you ever plan on working with design professionally, knowing how to use Illustrator is a must.  

Szandrah

.reCreate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:28 am
Szandrah
.reCreate.

Like always, it depends on what you want to do. If you're doing layout or logos it is a must. There is nothing worse than seeing simple black designs pixelate on a print. Vector graphics just rock when it comes to any form of printing.

It's not very interesting for webdesign or most pixelbased stuff, but it has its uses even there -- especially when it comes to flash or such. The StudioKREA logo (in my sig) was made in Illustrator and then imported (just copy/paste) into Photoshop where I can use it to make banners and such.

Also, if you ever plan on working with design professionally, knowing how to use Illustrator is a must.
Yes, I planned on using it mostly for flash presentations, dynamic web page designing, and whatnot..

Once I installed it, but I kept getting a popup that Windows was low on memory.. So I uninstalled it and havent installed it since.

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games