Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:49 pm
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm
The rain had been coming down for a while now, trapping Dair and his twin brother Faisal inside. Not because they were afraid of the terrible weather but because their grandmother didn't want them to get a cold by going out into said weather. He found himself starring out one of the windows into the garden, watching the rain fall, and he found his mind whirling. There was so much about the weather that was strange but... it could be fun. He could think of all manner of ways to use the rain or more important what the rain was causing to have one hell of a time.

Turning to where his twin brother was he starred at him for a moment before he set to shedding his shirt and shoes before he said, "I'm sick of sitting around the house watching the rain fall. I challenge you to a mud fight, Faisal!" He pointed at his brother, a huge grin on his face, before he took off at full speed from the room they were hanging out in toward where the door to the gardens were. Either his brother would follow along him or he would just have to make a mess in the mud by himself. He believed in his twin though, surely he wouldn't pass up a chance to have fun in this weather, right?  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:00 pm
Rain, rain, go away. Don't even come again another day. Faisal groaned as he stretched out over a large wooden desk. Beneath his bare chest (for what was the point of even getting dressed when they couldn't even leave the room - and honestly even when he was outside he prefered less clothing anyways, much to his grandmother's horror) was a pile of parchments which were getting even more scattered as Faisal rolled around from sheer boredom. The last time he had checked they lived in a desert region and not a jungle or ocean. Even Jatine probably didn't get this much rain! Groaning he blew a stray dread from his face before peeking over towards his brother. Was Dair going slowly insane as well? Why wouldn't this rain stop?

Oh yep. Insanity must be kicking in. Faisal could only raise a brow as his brother suddenly started stripping his clothing. I will remember you brother. He thought lazily flopping back into position on the desk before the sudden declaration had him bolting upwards. A mud fight? How barbaric and childish! Faisal grinned at the thought before darting from his chair. Of course he loved the idea! He was just hoping his grandmother was taking a nap or something while their parents probably we're out helping more people who were worried about possible flooding again.

"Wait on me, Dair!" He hissed down the hallway before taking one last daring peek around the corner and darting towards the side door leading to the gardens.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 am
Sabra Knight

Dair smiled when he heard his brother's voice, taking it as a sign that he was going to be joining him in this sort of fun. He knew that there was a chance that they were going to end up in trouble for going outside, even more so for going out to play in the mud, but it would be worth it. He was so bored of staying inside all day as there was only so much one could do while staying inside before they went crazy and he was on the verge. As such better to have fun now and get in trouble later he thought himself as he finally made it through the door and into the garden.

Once he was there he look from side to side, then rushed into into the down pour of rain, giving the slightest hiss as he did. It was strange that the water felt cold when Oba was normally such a hot place. It was better then the snow that they were getting over in Matori he supposed. Once outside, bare feet splashing through the gathered water, he headed away from the part of the garden that was closest to the house. If they were going to be slinging mud around he felt that it was best to do so where they would be less likely to get notice.

"Come on, Fai! This way!" He called, seeing that his brother had in fact followed him. He was glad since he felt that throwing mud around wouldn't be nearly as much fun without his brother.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:23 am
Orpheus Solon

Eeeew. The cool rain sent a chill down Faisal's back. He definitely wasn't accustomed to anything cold falling from the sky! The hybrid shook his head, his dreads bouncing with the movement, before taking a deep breath and pressing forward. If Dair could stand the feeling of the cold rain then surely he could as well! His gaze lit up with determination as he darted forward, "Coming!" He called out after taking one last glance behind himself to make certain that there was no one watching. Thankfully it seemed the servants were also locked up inside and others had gone home to take care of their families who were in the lower areas of the city.

He just hoped that their parents were alright currently. He had faith in them but since things were so strange lately even Faisal had a bit of worry. A tiny little seed that he continuously pushed down as he played around with his brother. His bare feet slipped through the muddy grounds as he ran and splatters of muddy water marked his path as he came around the corner towards his brother, "So what's the game then?" He called out as he caught up to Dair and passed him with a grin, "Contests? Do we roll in it? Or are we fighting? What do?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:47 pm
Sabra Knight

Twirling around Dair looked at his brother through his now completely soaked, clinging bangs, a grin on his face, "What games indeed! That sounds like fun, all of those things you suggested, and more. I was thinking of doing a good, fast run, and see who can slide through the mud the furthest without falling. After that I think we should see about throwing globs of it at the wall. See who can get the most to stick! Well... stick before the rain washes it away at least."

After a moment of thought he then said, "I also think that we should do what you suggested too. Let's see about rolling in the mud as well, see if we can make ourselves blend in completely with it. Maybe grandma won't notice us out here then." Something that had him laughing, the idea of using the mud as camouflage so that nobody would notice them playing in it. With a grin he started to run toward the muddiest area in the garden, starting to slide about in it, finding it to be too much fun. A shame it didn't rain more often... though he didn't want this much rain all the time, but from time to time it was fun!  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:22 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Oh wow!" Faisal couldn't help teasing as he noticed his brother's muddy appearance, "I didn't know I was related to a ghoul from the swamps!" He grinned while raising his hands to either side of his face to wiggle them as if he were mocking some form of monster, "But I suppose we should run and see who looks the most like a monster by the end of this!" Leave it to Faisal to want to actually look like a mud thing! It was fun and despite his grandmother's best intentions he did love making a bit of a mess on occasion! This rainy weather was prefect for that...

"Pfft. Let's slide first and see how much mud we'll need afterwards!" He chuckled, "Maybe we'll put some twigs and stuff in our hair too so that we can become really camouflaged in with the garden!" Watching his brother sliding around Faisal felt enticed to join him and it was when he was slipping past Dair that he called out his challenge, "Let's slide!"  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:20 pm
Sabra Knight

Dair gave a grin, lifting his hands up, lifting on the balls of his feet, and barred his teeth to try to make himself look the most 'swamp ghoul-ish' as possible before he started toward his brother, "I will be the most amazing of all the swamp ghouls!" Though he had zero idea where such a thing would even live. Jauhar, maybe? Possibly Matori? Definitely not Oba though since they didn't have enough rain to house such a creature.

As his brother said that he said they should see who could make the best swamp ghoul, "Huh... challenge accepted!" He said, running forward so that he could go sliding through the mud one more alongside his brother, laughing as he did so.

"Oooo, yeah! Use the sticks as horns, that would be great!" Dair said, all for that idea. They should get all done up in the mud, sticks in their hair, then see if they could scare the first person that came out to the garden looking for them.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:33 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Yep, that'll give me nightmares!" Teased Faisal who attempted a shiver before cracking up in laughter. He just couldn't! It really was so hard to be serious around his brother. Faisal shook his head, his wet dreads smacking against his face, before he glanced back up, "We'll have to let our parents know of your new life dream. Swamp ghoul sounds like a fun job, right? We could terrorize so many people and not worry about keeping our territory clean..."

Like usual he was too fond of spinning stories and had it not been for the challenge of sliding Faisal may have continued with his teasing. But for now he just ran as fast as he could and dove towards the ground with his feet pointed downwards to give him the best slide possible. Certainly it stung a bit but it was worth the thrill! Who couldn't get some fun out of the wet mud as it gushed around his speeding body? Laughing Faisal twisted on his side and just laid there on the ground so that the heavy drops of rain could pelt his body, "How many horns? Two, three? Five?" He teased with a grin, "I want ones that are super curvy and maybe even have some leaves left on them! That'll be cool! And oh, oh! Flowers of course to add to the natural beauty of my lovely self~"  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:00 pm
Sabra Knight

"Hmmm, I think your hair style might give you the edge though what I could do to balance it out..." He lifted his hands up to move around his rain slicked hair so that only one of his eyes was showing through his bangs before he streaked some mud across his face leaving some lighter muddy streaks behind on his darker skin, "There we go! Cyclops!" He gave a laugh before he moved to trot along after his brother, scooping up a hand full of mud and then gave it a throw. It went a bit wide of the tree he was aiming at but still made a really satisfying 'SPLAT' where it did hit.

Giving a laugh and a nod he said, "Would be fun and I don't see a lot of people wanting the just so we should be able to get it easily enough." Who would battle them for the right to be a swamp ghoul after all? Nobody that came to mind straight away as far as he knew.

"How many? A whole bunch of them since it would make us look even creepier. There is something weird about a creature with too many horns, like they are up to something." He said then started to laugh, "Yes, yes... you can cover yourself with mud and flowers then try to see if you can pick up even one girl without them screaming bloody murder. If anything I see it ending with them throwing a shoe your way before they run off."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:07 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Eep!" Faisal mimicked a scared child as he noticed his brother's appearance, "Seems like only one eye may not make for the best aim." He joked as the mud went flying. Reaching down he wiggled his fingers in the mud, enjoying the squishing noises that it made, and then he made a ball of it so that he too could toss it. Admittedly it didn't exactly hit where he wanted but it did at least hit the upper branch of the tree, "Hah!" He posed dramatically, "I have already started on pelting the trees for our territory!"

Yeah because grandma would LOVE for them to create a swamp in the backyard. Though at the rate of this rain...Faisal's gaze did narrow for a split second with concern as the clouds overhead continued pouring water down across the ground. Would this rain ever stop? Maybe they'd have to learn how to be pirates next with how much water was flooding into the desert....

"Sooo I'll try ten or so." Quipped back Faisal before his brother's comment about girls made him laugh, "You never know! Maybe they'll be intrigued by what could be beneath the mask of the beast." He winked, "Isn't there some story about lovers finding each other by matching a lost shoe to a foot? If so then I'll take all of the shoes!" He laughed before picking up a ball of mud and tossing it towards Dair, "I'll promise a prince beneath the mud after a kiss or somethin' like that~" He joked some more as he too streaked mud down his arms and scooped up a small twig to tuck into his hair for the beginning of their horns....  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:31 pm
Sabra Knight

Dair gave a nod of his head and a big grin, "Heh, yeah... I think I'm not gonna hit a thing with my hair like this. Pretty odd that I can probably hit things better with both eyes covered then just one." Pretty weird but out of curiosity he set to shaking his head to put his hair back in place. After he'd done that he swept up some more mud and threw it, missing once or twice and then finally hit his target.

Blinking a couple times he said, "Huh... yeah, maybe you will find a girl that is in love with swamp ghouls. You might end up with a really strange girlfriend with the help of your mud mask." It was hard to say what girls might like. He scooped up some more mud, throwing it toward another tree, then turned to look over at his brother, "Hm? Oh yeah! Alright, you just have to go about stealing one of every pair of shoes you can find and maybe you will be able to get a princess that way." Since Oba actually had a princess then maybe his brother would find himself lucky?

"You can have dibs on all the princesses if you'd like... and all the swamp ghoul lovers."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:14 pm
Orpheus Solon

"I guess you're just too used to it." Joked Faisal, "Must be kinda off balancing to go from no eyes to having one eye." Watching as Dair tossed some mud Faisal could only shake his head in amusement as his brother actually seemed to aim better with both eyes covered. Years of practice he supposed. At the thought Faisal scooped up more mud before trying to aim towards another tree. Admittedly this was the funnest target practice he had in a while! Minus the one time when they had those bags of dyed powders that they exploded against random objects. Now that had been a colorful day.

"Oh ye of little faith." Quipped Faisal back as his brother contemplated his commentary on girls, "Does she have to be strange to notice how awesome I am beneath a mask?" He pouted, "Maybe that's my best bet at finding someone who isn't completely dazzled by my dashing looks!" He chuckled, his grin only growing bolder at the mention of princesses,"You're right! Give me all the shoes then! Imagine me marry a princess? You could call me Prince Faisal then!"

He mock bowed before chuckling some more, "It'll be the oddest family but I'm more than willing to consider it." He grinned towards his brother once more before flicking some mud at him, "Let's go grab some more horns~" Glancing about he paused before jumping through a giant puddle of mud to reach some branches. It looked like a bush had been dying and the torrent of rain had finished the deal so Faisal eagerly took the branches it had to offer them...  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:01 pm
Sabra Knight

"Yeah, you'd really think that maybe being a cyclops might help but... nope! I am well trained looking at the world in the way that I do I suppose." He said, grinning before he scooped up another ball of mud. As he did so he found himself wondering if anyone else out there was actually enjoying the mud as much as he and Faisal were. He'd guess no because there weren't enough people that were as awesome as they were if you asked him.

Considering his brother's question he gave a slow nod and then said, "Hey, they might not even care how handsome you are because they will find out that the swamp ghoul is actually from a good family that has money. It will make you like the beast in the beauty and the beast." He blinked a couple times then said, "At least I really, really hope so... otherwise I'm terrified to know what the woman would look like if you as a swamp ghoul was the 'beauty' in the relationship." Something that had him laughing as he trotted along after his twin.

"Hm? Yeah, yeah... we need all sorts of horns! Then I kinda want to lay in wait and scare the first person that comes outside. What do you think?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:15 pm
Orpheus Solon

Faisal made a face towards his brother at the mention of wealth, "Hey, that's the last thing I'd want them to find out about me!" He pursed his lips before shaking his head, "Plus I have some type of standards believe it or not!" Sheesh, with his brother's teasing one would think that Faisal was going to be single forever! Not like his brother had a lady....unless he was hiding something? The thought made the hybrid glance back towards Dair thoughtfully before he got distracted by the mud again. He'd snoop around his brother's business later for now they had people to scare!

"Sounds great to me!" Faisal grinned, "The one to get the loudest screams wins~" Now that sounded like a fun way to spend the afternoon! So maybe it wasn't completely awful that there was rain in Oba....as long as two people were enjoying it, right?  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff