[Chibale] Sister Talk (Danika x Taka) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:47 pm
A logged rp between Sin of Qurupeco and me.

Taka 1

Taka:

The event with the extremists was over yet the tension was high in the jungles of Jahaur. Many Alkidikes still spoke of the disaster of the meeting, how the high strung ‘cousins’ had almost started an uprising just because the mystic had mentioned working with earthlings while some of their own Sisters had sneered at least they had the decency to behave throughout the meeting. Some managed to talk highly of a young mystic while others shook their heads at how willing she seemed to be to work with the earthlings. We’re not so weak to need those gem infested beings to aid us. Whispered a few Sisters who leaned dangerously close to the Extremist side while others snorted at their pride. Perhaps Taka once would have agreed with those who stood against the earthlings but she had learned her lesson months ago when interacting with that wind boy. Now she could only shake her head at the foolish words of those who spit on the ones that shared the world with them.

“Survival seems to be a hard concept.” Repeated Taka idly as she sharpened a blade against a stone. Each flick of her wrist pressed the blade against the rock, the movement sending a faint spark here and there while creating an eerie noise that floated through the empty clearing. The woman had went off on her own while others of her tribe had travelled towards Chibale to visit with Elders concerning future plans.

She was happier out here. It was nice and quiet and she didn’t need to listen to the annoying arguments of those who still were debating the severity of the current situation.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:47 pm
Danika 1

If anything the meeting had added years to Danika. The once youthful mystic seemed far more withdrawn and contemplative lately, a contrast to how outgoing and open she had been with her feelings in the past. Now she was fearful, afraid of somehow messing up on the tight line which she felt was drawn for her. They needed the earthlings aid but at the same time very few wanted to acknowledge that the earthlings were becoming great and perhaps even essential allies for the Alkidikes. Sighing the young mystic reached up so that she could twist a curled dread in her fingers, “How is this so hard?” She whispered quietly under her breath as she roamed away from Aisha and towards the familiar clearing nearby. It was out here that she often met with friends and took the time to simply meditate so that she could be recharged and fully prepared by the time the next meeting occurred with the elders.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:48 pm
Taka 2

Sudden movement distracted Taka from her bladework. Her antenna flicked up in anticipation and the crimson haired warrior found her black gaze slowly lifting, a smile spreading across her face as she recognized the figure waltzing into the clearing, “Well, well look at what Aisha dragged in from her roots.” Teased Taka as she placed her blade down on the ground and leaned forward to study Danika, “You look like hell, Dani.” Her lips curved downwards into a tight frown as she studied the other Alkidike more, “Have they let you have any rest since that awful mess?”

If anything being subtle about her opinions was something that was not Taka’s strong suit.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 pm
Danika 2

Gaze widening Danika nearly stumbled as Taka’s sudden appearance startled her. Had she been so lost in her thoughts that the presence of her friend had almost escaped her? What if someone else had been out here? Would she have been easily caught then by an enemy or would another Alkidike simply questioned a mystic who was not completely aware of her surroundings? The tight knot that had been in her heart for days twisted in her chest and she had to clench her fingers against the grooved handles of her blades. Their familiar presence, the feeling of having weapons hanging from her lithe hips, calmed her to a certain degree. Her flurry of thoughts halted long enough for shame to darken her cheeks as Taka noted her apparent disheveled appearance.

“Is it that obvious?” She finally whispered, her voice softer than the petals of a lotus, “We’ve been holding a few council meetings and while I rarely get a chance to voice my opinion they are rather straining.” She forced a smile, a weak shadow of what was before, “Rest? What an idea that would be….this is my first time alone since last week.” Danika admitted sheepishly as she approached her friend, “What of you? I am surprised that you’re in Chibale and not out hunting in the jungles of Jahaur.”  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Taka 3

Taka gritted her teeth as Danika seemingly wilted before her. So those damn elders were being so demanding of her? Yet she held very little sway over them…Taka could only imagine the frustrations that her friend must feel. She knew that she had some ideals which were too new for the older generations but to ally with the earthlings against the Dretch surely was a push in the direction that her friend dreamt of. But did she have to deal with so much while being so young? I suppose that’s hypocritical of me. Considering how many hunts Taka took on, how many leadership roles she held when leading her tribemates into battle, and of how many solo hunts that she took as well.

But to think of discussions and meetings after meetings? Taka was thankful that she could charge into battle instead. Dealing with those debates only served to frustrate her and she knew that if she had been at the main meeting in Jahaur that she would have drawn her blades against a few of them. She lacked the patience after all for bullshit, it was one of her personality quirks.

“If you need rest then take the time you need here.” She finally commented as she patted the ground next to her, “You can rest or rant, I don’t mind. We’ve shared a few secrets before after all.” Taka grinned before tossing her head full of crimson dreads, a reminder of the silly bet that she had made months ago and had told Danika about.  
[Danika 3

Danika bit the inside of her cheek in hesitation, “I suppose taking a moment to rest wouldn’t be such a horrible thing.” The mystic carefully crossed the rest of the way towards her friend, her skirts swishing around her ankles as she twisted so that she could plop on the ground next to Taka. As she tucked her legs beneath her body Danika reached down so that she could run a finger along the crystal blades of grass which decorated the clearing. A thoughtful expression crossed her features as she peeked from the shimmering grass and back towards her friend.

Conflicted feelings decorated her cheeks a slightly rosey flush and it was only after a few moments that she finally managed to whisper a question, “What do you think of all of this, Taka? Is allying with the earthlings worth dividing our Sisters again?”  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Taka 4

Groaning Taka rolled her head and glanced towards Danika, “Isn’t relaxing supposed to be avoiding such topics?” She replied sharply, “But if you must ask then I don’t think we have much of a choice. The earthlings have numbers and they have strong warriors, perhaps not as amazing as our huntresses but still something.” She shrugged and glanced back towards Danika, “You’ve always been fascinated with them and from my own experiences earthlings can actually prove useful. They’re surprisingly adaptable with strength to match their strong wills.” She pursed her lips, “Obviously not all of them are the best but those that are really do shine.” Almost like any Sister. Not that she would dare to admit that outloud!  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:50 pm
Danika 4

Nodding the young mystic reflected over her friend’s words, “I suppose that is true enough. It just seems that so many don’t want to recognize that.” She shook her head, “The elders see it as a folly of youth but I would like to be more accepting of earthlings. Why can’t we share the land with them? We have our sacred lands, yes, but the jungles of Jahaur have been shared with Shifters for years.” So why was it such a big deal to ask for aid against something so treacherous? The Dretch could destroy them all if they didn’t stop them soon. Was holding onto ancient traditions and pride worth losing it all? The Alkidikes were strong, far superior in battle but it wasn’t like the earthlings were useless….

She glanced towards Taka and reflected on her words. Adaptable and strong with numbers… That surely did not sound like a waste then. Why act as if making allies with so many potential fighters was a waste? It truly was frustrating if not also confusing. Danika was often told she was too young, too naive, and too hopeful for this world but at the same time the mystic held great belief that her mother inspired her for a reason. Aisha’s will was a strange thing but the narrator of this story, the creator of all of their fates knew what was best for them even if they did not know the details yet themselves.

Even now she would have to hold onto such feelings, no matter how difficult the Elders and their cousins the ‘Elarians’ were to work with.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Taka 5

“Pride is definitely something that controls many.” Replied Taka quietly as she twisted a crimson dread in her fingers, “It kept me blind for many years and even now it is hard to really talk about my weaknesses.” The Alkidike pursed her lips, her nose wrinkling as she confessed such a thing to the mystic, “You interact with the Elders plenty enough to see that, right? Even they are having a hard time with the earthlings. They were raised as babes to fight off the gem infested beings that wandered our forests and for decades the little people had to hide in the upper trees to keep from our lands.”

“And even many of our generation were raised to think similarly to how they did.” The Alkidikes deserved it all, earthlings were weak and a nuisance, etc. Taka shook her head, “I much prefer hunting monsters and living life by myself so that I don’t get bothered by such useless politics.” After all yapping about who belonged where just took time out of the hunt and she’d much rather go track down a few witu or other such dangerous creatures than waste breath arguing with some old farts.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 pm
Danika 5

Danika found herself chuckling, a rare noise for the Alkidike who for the last few weeks had been too somber for any amusement, “You would be more concerned about the hunt than anything else. I’m surprised you haven’t just tracked down the Dretch and beheaded them all for us.” She managed to joke before lowering her gaze towards the ground, “We had been so hopeful that the Dretch would let past issues dissolve, but I suppose even their evil wasn’t great enough for our more stubborn cousins and lost sisters.”

What if she had been born before the great divide? Would she have chosen the side of the extremists as the other sister had? Would she be more against this alliance with the earthlings? Or would she have stood her ground even back then as an outsider among her own people who viewed the earthlings with such distaste? The thought made Danika’s antenna droop ever so slightly as she scratched at the ground with a toe. This was all so frustrating, so confusing, and she couldn’t help feeling utterly hopeless as a leader when it came to such things. At first she thought she had made a breakthrough with the sisters but now...well now they had lost the Extremists back to their camps on Yael and none of the Elarians had stayed behind either…  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 pm
Taka 6

“They’d have to have a blade at their throat to realize danger.” Retorted Taka before swinging her legs and jumping from her perch, “From what I heard about that meeting you would have a better chance of teaching Menzuri to hug one another and sing in harmony than getting those Elarians to see the big perspective.” She spat towards the ground and took out a blade to inspect it, “At the rate you’re going the worry will devour you before any actions are taken, Dani.”

The warrior glanced towards her friend and a small smile flickered across her lips, “So my suggestion is stop thinking and just work out your body so that you can finally rest. A spar should do the trick, okay?”  
Danika 6

Of course she would want to spar. Danika couldn’t help the small smile that lit up her expression. Without another word she simply nodded before taking a few steps back away from Taka. If her friend wished to spar then she should prepare herself. Taka was never one to take things lightly and Danika refused to rely on her magic while sparring with Sisters. She wanted to be able to hold her own in a fight the same as them. Only if Tyiva or other Sacred Hearts relied on magic would she then train with her full power.

Not that she would tell Taka such a thing of course. If anything Taka would insist that she used her full power so that she could truly kick up their spar then! For this fight though Danika braced herself and raising her blades took her position on the opposite side of the open meadow.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Taka 7

Grinning as the mystic took up her position Taka raised her own blades. She crossed backwards so that several feet divided them. She wanted to give Danika plenty of room to come forward as speed would be essential in their fight against the Dretch. Those damned creatures continued to hide in the shadows, snatching Sisters quickly before disappearing once more. If any of them even wanted to have a chance to draw blood then they would have to learn how to cross the span of several feet in a second and without any hesitation.

So at that thought she motioned with her blades, “Just try and touch me, mystic.”  
b]Danika 7

At the challenge Danika moved forward. She knew that if she spent too much time pondering her move that Taka would also have plenty of time to dart away. Her friend was one of the best physical fighters that she knew. Even as a blade she had already walloped some of the older warriors and even though many said her fighting was too rash, too instinctive and less planned out it didn’t stop Taka from winning her fights. If anything Danika believed that learning how to fight on instinct, to react without hesitation was essential in the fight up ahead. How else would one deal with an enemy who could appear out of nowhere and without warning?

She just hoped that Taka wasn’t prepared for the left swing when she instead feinted going right….  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:53 pm
Taka 8

Oh Danika. Taka grinned like a madwoman as she got into the fighting spirit. There was nothing better than a good fight for the huntress and she adored sparring with close friends, especially those that she knew had an extra power hidden behind those punches. If it was more than a friendly spar she would probably push for Danika to use magic as well but for the moment Taka settled for twisting backwards, bending over at the very last minute - so late to the point that she felt the breath of the blade as it sliced across her chest - and the fighter simply stuck out a foot in retaliation as Danika tried to feint right when she instead went left.

“You took too long to change course, it was too obvious.” She taunted, “Your gaze and your antenna gave you away.”  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff