Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:53 pm
Danika 8

Flushing Danika found herself tripping over Taka’s foot and with an ‘umph’ of protest the mystic quickly pushed away from the ground so that she could wobble backwards and study Taka. Had she truly been that obvious in her attempt at trickery? An honest heart that can’t even lie in battle. She frowned before raising her blades again, “Then how do I twist things?” She called out with curiosity before going forward once more.

This time she went for a straight attack against Taka and braced herself for the force of their blades connecting.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:54 pm
Taka 9

“You have to just do it without much thought!” Replied Taka boldly as she pressed forward, her blades catching Danika’s and making a sharp noise as the precious metals collided and slid against one another, “And you definitely cannot look at where you wish to strike. Doing that is an obvious opening for your enemy who can read your moves and prepare themselves to counter attack!” As she spoke she swept one of the blades downwards so that the pressure would force Danika to back away a step and then the blade came forward towards the center before veering off to smack at Danika from the right side instead, “Like that!”

It was a short jab, one that wasn’t meant to harm but rather just to leave a small reminder of why you should never have such obvious openings in battle. If this wasn’t a spar then Taka probably would have finished off her opponent with a sharp cut to the side and a twist of her blade to ruin the internal organs there. It was a thought which both exhilarated and frightened her as she knew that in the near future such moves would be vital as war was coming. She could only wonder what color the Dretch would bleed when that day arrived.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Danika 9

Wincing as the cold metal smacked against her side Danika had to resist the urge to rub at the spot. Instead she simply took a few steps back and studied Taka once more, “So we should always have locked gazes and if my opponent’s gaze moves once I should use that to predict where they plan to strike next…” She repeated the words, keeping their meaning in her memories so that in the future her spars would be far more effective. War was indeed coming and Danika wanted to prepare. More would be needed from her than just meetings, more than just prayers to Aisha, and more than just offering comfort to Sisters...she would need to be ready to fight.

But was she? After working with Taka once more the young mystic felt conflicted. Would she need to train harder? But what hours could she dedicate to training while working with the elders and Eshe? Before she had allowed fear to rule her and to force her to continue picking up her blades but now it was necessity, the desire to grow stronger for her people that drove her. Would that be enough?

One can only hope, right?  
Taka 10

“Exactly.” Taka nodded her head as Danika pondered over her words. Seeing the young mystic’s concentration Taka lowered her blades and instead opted to tap Danika’s shoulders with a hand rather than attacking her with a blade, “Since you’ve got that in mind let’s take a break and walk. I feel like fighting isn’t really ideal anymore.” She offered a sly smile, “That and I know of a good stash of berries that we can get into. Come, relax and face more problems tomorrow.”

At this rate Danika would be old and gray from so much stress. It worried Taka and for a bit she wondered if perhaps she had pushed too hard on the young mystic. Even if they were similar in age Danika seemed like she had so many more years because of how quickly she had to grow. Others got to play around, explore their craft more, take their time learning the hunt, but Danika? No, she was already becoming an experienced mystic before even seeing a quarter of her life pass away. And that was all the more reason that Taka felt the greatest desire to protect her dear friend.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:55 pm
Danika 10

The touch surprised Danika but she slowly lowered her blades, “I suppose.” She managed after a pause as Taka’s words reasoned with her, “I’ll need some food and rest so that I can be functional for the meetings later.” A bit of tension left her shoulders as she attempted to take the advice of her friend, but the worries that constantly haunted her only continued to slowly tighten at her heart as they walked away from the clearing and towards the spot that Taka lead them towards.

She would relax and tomorrow...tomorrow she would truly start to train again.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff