Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:06 pm
Sabra Knight
Faisal actually rolled his eyes, "Mmmhmm." He'd make certain to keep an eye on her. The last thing he wanted was for someone to come to the manor and rat him out for today's exploits! But she seemed a bit too tense for someone who had caught whiff of his heritage. Rather than being all warm and whoozy over him she had instead pulled back and Faisal felt as if he had headbutted a wall just then. Frowning slightly he hid his concerns behind another dumpling and just watched as the girls interacted with one another. The others seemed to be having a good time despite Adenah's behavior and so Faisal found himself relaxing a little.

"It's a well hidden secret of Oba." Teased Faisal, "So I'm not surprised if not too many people know of it especially if they haven't been in Oba for a while." He glanced towards Adenah as he offered some reasoning for her, "As for me I had to make sure that my company was good enough to share such a well kept secret with. Honestly, I'm glad you all passed because I really wanted dumplings myself~" He joked before glancing around, "So exactly why is such a group here? I'm surprised you all came to Oba out of all places..."

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:17 pm
“A man my mother used to work with could make some pretty good dumplings. He said he got the recipe from his aunt so maybe they’re related?” Adenah mused, wondering if ol’ Rot Foot was even still alive. If he was there couldn’t be any way that he was still working. His nickname wasn’t just there to be cute.

Hali crossed her legs at the ankle and leaned back, using Zara as support. “The rest of us have never been out of Jauhar before, and Ade kept saying so many things about Oba that we all decided to give it a shot. We knew she was going to come anyway, and friends don’t let friends go across a desert by themselves.”

Even if she couldn’t call a single one of them a ‘best’ friend, Adenah did value them. The shifters were sweet, if a bit floozy, and they’d never treated her any differently for her looks. Or, rather, hadn’t tried to. Sometimes a word or a phrase was said without much thought, but Adenah didn’t pay it much mind. At least they’d given her a chance to come back.

Even if they were still not the assumption that she was going back with them.

“So, Faisal,” Adenah smiled, “do you live close by? Or are you just out seeing the sights too?”

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:53 pm
Quote:
"Oooh? Maybe you should ask her if they're related." Faisal's shoulders relaxed even more as Adenah seemed back to normal, "Well I hope you aren't disappointed." He smiled towards Hali, "The markets here have the best things. You'll be surprised by how many merchants travel here from across Tendaji. If there's ever a need for a priceless gift or some interesting trinket you can find them here." He was glad that they had decided to come with Adenah. If not then he may have never had such a day!

"I live in the city but I came for errands so that's why I was in this area today." He grinned, "And lucky enough I was to be here. Else when would I have ever seen such a lovely group of friends? How is Jahaur? I've heard about it but I've never left Oba so I'm pretty much in the dark about the outside world myself..."

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:03 pm
“Maybe next time.” There was no way in hell Adenah could ever ask a resectable woman if she was related to an assassin named Rot Foot. How would she even bring it up? Instead, she picked up another dumpling and bit into it, her eyes roaming the open area while her friends ate their meal. It was so close to being what she remembered that the feelings of nostalgia bubbled up inside of Ade, but then...there were just so many subtle differences. Chips in the stonework around the crooked fountain, a new dumpling stall where an old man had once sold shoes, a new building where there had once been an open view of the sands…

Oba had changed, and so had she. Was she in any kind of a position to move back? Or would she feel out of place here too?

“You’ll have to come visit us someday Faisal, and then we’ll show you! All of our settlements are built way up into the trees, and they’re not like the skinny twigs you have here. They-” Hali proceeded to talk about their home in such a way that Adenah almost felt it was her home too. And really, it should have been; that’s where her family was. So why did she feel so torn about it all? She was already on edge, questioning boys and their motives, just by eating here so would she ever be able to calm enough to just live?

“-isn’t that right, Adenah?”

“Huh? What?”

“I said he should go to Sol. It’s obviously the best place to visit, don’t you think?”

“Oh yeah, sure; I live there, so I’m a little biased though.”

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:09 pm
Quote:
Faisal just rose a brow before nodding. IT wasn't like he was about to press the issue and he was already being swept away by discussions on Jahaur, "How does anyone get around at night though? What if you fell? Is there like a safety net?" He questioned as he teased and played with the girls while swapping stories about Oba and Jahaur, comparing and contrasting the two countries. Jahaur sounded awesome though and he wondered if he would ever get the chance to visit. Surely he could one day go...

especially if there were a bunch of pretty ladies waiting. Grinning at the thought Faisal was about to make a comment when a group of soldiers passed through towards the dumpling stands. Tensing he watched as he recognized a couple from the Outcast Unit and ever so subtly he leaned against Adenah's shoulder to hide his head from view when one of the soldiers glanced their way, "Welp. I didn't realize how late in the day it was~ How about we finish our dumplings along the oasis? It's got the best view but you can only catch the traveling musicians and dancers right about this time. Let's go!" He nudged them all forward while trying his best not to flee on the spot.

Just think of how much trouble he would be in if they caught him! It was less worry about his grandmother and more about how anyone in the Outcast unit could try and tease him! How embarrassing that would be...shaking his head at the thought Faisal determined he would just enjoy his day with the girls far away from anyone that could potentially know him.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff