Submit

Zara_The_Huntress

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:29 pm
Fear struck, he fled to nearly every law firm he could. No one wanted his case. Why? Simply because the man was a lonely single bartender with kids who paid all the bills. Lawyers turned him away due to cost. He needed to find a lawyer though fast. Lex huffed and went on to the next law firm seeking legal aid. His case was... difficult for sure. He was once married to the prosecution for nearly 10 years. They had two kids. The ex wife is now remarried and wants full custody of their children.Even though they had parted on good terms and the mother wanted nothing to do with the children, she now with the aid of her wealthy husband came for them. Lex was served with papers at the bar he tended at causing his heart to drop. Lex needed a lawyer, a good one. Why she wanted sole custody was beyond him! Lex pleaded with every lawyer. Too much money was needed, not enough time, and lastly the lawyer they had was hard to beat. Lex sat at the waiting desk in pure shock...He was going to lose his kids...

A lawyer at the firm takes note of Lex's demeanor and pulls him into his office to hear him out. After hearing all that he said, the lawyer stares hard at the other. "Please I'll do anything! Please!" Lex uttered. Anything?

----______------_______------________----

My character:
Name: Lex McKane
Orientation: Seke
Nicknames: Lexy, bartender, bar keep, dad, daddy
Job title: Mixologist, Bartender
Pic:TBA

Seeking: Lawyer, preferences: Not to young. Even though I want a lawyer I do not expect a ton of lawyer banter unless you actually know it.

Possibilities:

Vampire lawyer: Lex has a rare blood type and you can take that as payment. Slowly showing him the vampire world while saving his kids and maybe taking him forever.

Demon lawyer: Make a pack with the human and claim his soul as payment. Slowly trying to turn him evil and abandoning his kids while taking something else as payment in the meantime.

Mafia lawyer: Human yourself you realize Lex's ex is married to your rival. You playfully take the case intent on winning and maybe expose the new husband while dealing with Lex on the side losing your need to leaving him after his case is done.

Rich lawyer: Not exactly caring for the money but Lex has struck a nerve with you. BDSM as payment or craving as you hide your homosexuality.

Anything else you can think of that I may have missed let me know. I am happy to hear it!

Da Skills:
Lazy lit to Literate. I post daily and promise I tend to entertain. If interested PM ME!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Name: Sebastian Baumgarten
Orientation: seke (leans seme)
Nicknames: Herr Baumgarten (he is not one to be trifled with), Sieb (secretly)
Job title: Attorney at Law  

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zara_The_Huntress

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:01 am
User Image

𝕷ex 𝕸c𝕶ane
A Master in his own chaos
A Keeper of Spirits

╚══════════════╝

User Image

It was the first time his hands tremor so. In all the years of bartending, he never experienced this beforehand since it threw off the counting. His body gulped down the hard knot in his throat. How he longed for understanding in all this mess. After all these months, she now decided to walk back into parenthood, on top of that she decided she wanted them completely deeming him an ill fit father. His stomach knotted as he sat within the office of what could have been the last lawyer he had reached for. Single parent... Bar keep... two children.... His wife now wealthy thanks to her new lover. The case was challenging and in addition his income.... This lawyer was sure to drop him into a new found depression. Lex tried to compose himself as he sat. He swallowed before his cerulean iris latched onto the lawyer before him.

While the lawyer read the parchment, the documents that spat her lies of him being a no good father, Lex McKane eased mentally out of the office to his job thinking how long he worked at the Landebert, a bar that secretly was open to people like himself. No, his ex wife would not have found out about the Landebert. That required her to actually figure out which bar he worked and showed off his skills at. Details she hardly tended to while they were married. Then how did the officer find him to hand him the documents. The notions swirling inside his head made him panic even further. He was going to lose them for sure if she used his new found life as a means of discrediting him. His heart sank. Lex bit his lip softly taking in a breath. It was just employment. It was that simple. She was coming after him for other means. Lack of money? That was surely the case. The children needed better, but his parenting skills were better suited for them. He tensed up further.

“Sir, is there anything you can do to aid me?” He uttered finally staring at the man determined. He was not going to take no for an answer. Lex ran his hand through his white locks. His nerves were all over. If seen as a customer from behind the bar, Lex was define as calm, charming, polite, and accurate in his motions. But here, Lex was all distorted. “Please. I can't lose my children. Is anything I can do?” He offered.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:34 pm
Zara_The_Huntress

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mann gegen Mann
Meine Haut gehört den Herren
Mann gegen Mann
Gleich und Gleich gesellt sich gern

Mann gegen Mann
Doch friert mein Herz an manchen Tagen
Mann gegen Mann
Kalte Zungen die da schlagen"

Sebastian "Seeb" Baumgarten

Sebastian casually read over the parchment, mentally diagraming and sorting the various accusations. They were quite harsh, and rarely did judges side against the mother in custody cases, but the man did have some points in his favor. The lawyer representing the man's wife was of great renown, many lawyers would want to stay away from him for fear that he would make them look like imbeciles. But there were definitely some who would see it as a challenge, and a rare chance to best a legend. Every now and then he would look up from the paper to regard the gentleman sitting across from him. He had seen him around before, he had visited the Landebert a few times when he was looking for more...energetic companions. The fact remained that particular establishment tended to attract young men, fairly cultured, but not always the dapper gentlemen he cared for. It would seem that the bartender didn't recognize him, a fact he was frankly glad for. "I confess, I am interested in the case, to be sure, but I would imagine that fees could be a problem. I doubt they pay bartenders particularly well, especially not ones at more, I shall I put it...discreet establishments." Oh he was going to take this case alright, but he needed to lead the man in. He had a specific price he wanted, but he doubted he would get it unless the man truly felt there were no options left to him. "As you may or may not be aware, this particular lawyer is quite famous, or infamous, depending upon your viewpoint, in the legal world. Quite simply, when he accepts a case, he wins it. There have been no counterexamples in decades. Asking me to take on this case, you are asking me to stake my reputation on a very daunting task. I confess you do have some points in your favor, or so I would assume, but this is far from an easy matter. I trust you see why this is such a difficult matter for me?" He stood up from his desk and paced for a little bit before turning back on his potential client, "you would really have to be able to offer a lawyer a very handsome reward for him to consider taking this case. What are you willing to give to have someone take your case?" It was more direct than he generally cared for, but he was a tall man standing well above the other, though not so close as to seem threatening. He was merely imposing, an image of strength and determination. Maybe just enough of one that the man would crack and promise him anything.

"Willing zombies walk the streets
Golden age, dead century
Brothers, sisters, lovers, whores
Casualties of long and lost wars
Dead. dead. dead
We're a degeneration
Get it on
The same old song
Everyday it will be the same
Listen to the song that still remains
Under violent clouds we break
No time for healing again and again"

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zara_The_Huntress

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 pm
User Image

𝕷ex 𝕸c𝕶ane
A Keeper of Spirits

╚══════════════╝

User Image
His eyes latched on to the other demeanor, searching for a tell. The paper slowly dipping then rising again. The others before this man quickly dropped the paper shaking their heads and within moments denying the poor parent. This one wavered... Perhaps tore between a fast no. Finally words were uttered. Lex stared listening carefully. There was the first part of a no that he all heard to well. He recalled them vastly. The job. Ideally no his job was certainly not high paying... Also another of late night working status ill fitted for children to be sure. They were safe always, but still. Lex narrowed his eyes a bit as the word discreet escaped the others mouth. He held in his surprise. Carefully his eyes latched onto the lawyers features. Before him was a client? There were so many that entered the bar. His late nights had maybe dampen the memory or the factor he had trained himself not to attempt to remember them all. Alas most of the time he recalled his clients by what drank. Lex allowed his lips to part as his mind mentally bashed him with the line 'interested in the case'. It was like his mind reversed all that he had heard focusing on the last statement first. A conquers notion of the rivaling lawyer. How many had told him of his ex's lawyer? Well renowned for his skills and the before him only reuttered what had be said several times in the passed several hours. He furrowed his brow unable to fathom the mean of why his wife went to this extent on the children she could have easy asked along with a cheaper lawyer for this. Instead, she decided to flash her new husband's bank about. He wondered what this famous lawyer mind set was in all this from all this talk of him. How dull having to take on a minor case of a poor father trying to raise his children in peace. Meanwhile the one before took it as what a better reputation?Where was the humanity or was it all payments and or status in the public eye. Lex sat there baffled now. What would he give? He closed his eyes. Clearly, not a man with children of his own. A smile rose on his face with his head turn down, a rather sincere yet there was a hint of tenderness. “Clearly, you are not a father... What am willing to give?” He tilted his head up hold the same smile. “What wouldn't I give?” He said softly.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Zara_The_Huntress

"Mann gegen Mann
Mann gegen Mann

Mann gegen Mann
Mann gegen Mann

It was more fascinating watching the man before him than reading about the case. It was a rollercoaster of emotions: relief, fear, pain, despair. Then finally at the end he saw the one he was most interested in, the one that told him he would not lose by taking this case: resolution. He smiled back at the man, "You have spoken the words I was looking for. Very well, I will take your case. I shall do everything I can to ensure your children remain in your custody, as long as you do what you can to fulfill your end of the bargain. The fee will be five Marks per day, a mere fraction of even the price of bread, just a little something so that accounting can see there is a cash flow. Of more importance though," and at this juncture, he stood up and went around the room, listening at doors to make sure no one was outside listening. "What I need from you is a favor, the nature of which is to remain a secret between the two of us. Not a soul is to think I have asked for more than just the money, agreed?" He stared long and hard at the man, Lex, he believed his name was, until he received any sort of assent. "As you may have guessed, I am sometimes to be found at your establishment. I am a man of that particular...persuasion. I am certain that you have noticed men of my proclivity are often hunted by lowlifes looking to make a profit. They sneak into the clubs, seduce a partner, and then blackmail him for exorbitant funds. The one who found me, he was intelligent enough to remain subtle, to avoid my detection. I think he may have just observed from afar and not even associated with me. Further, I do not know at which club I met him, but all the same he knows of my nature and has been blackmailing me for almost a year now. Recently his rates have gone up, he is making it harder for me to pay without arousing suspicion in others. For this reason, I need you to find out who he is. Find out any dirt on him that you can, that I may have some leverage upon him. This may sound like a daunting task, but consider: I won't do you much good in your case if I am locked away on account of my activities, and I doubt the judge would let someone who routinely deals with those like me to have much say in the rearing of two impressionable children." It was not a threat per se, just a friendly reminder as to what was at stake. He needed the man to understand the weight of what was transpiring, or else there would be great trouble indeed.

Golden age, dead century
Dead. dead. dead
We're a degeneration
Get it on
The same old song

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zara_The_Huntress

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:13 pm
User Image

𝕷ex 𝕸c𝕶ane
A Keeper of Spirits

╚══════════════╝

User Image

Lex paused quite dumbfounded. After so many, all the sudden drops to decline. Lex bowed his head as the words took hold of his form. He blinked rather confused now. He was the first who actually said yes. Not a fast no but a slow yes. What had this one seen that none other than himself had? Lex's eyes lightened as he heard Sebastian go further as no other. It was surely a farce. Lex beamed at his lawyer as he explained moreso. A favor. Indeed this had to be a farce for a case so high in standards. Lex thought carefully of his lawyer's proposal. Indeed he would need to keep this secret. Firstly, Lex would be further endanger or worse off as his new lawyer was a client as if his secret was found Lex would to be found out. “Agreed.” He uttered softly. He gulped knowing he was already dealing with one of the Landebert clientele. Hearing his story so far. Indeed he knew well. His pay was not only based on tips, but he also gave a certain amenity of silence among the identities of those who waltzed among his bar. Lex just hoped his ex had yet to figure out this sort of issue to use against him. His eyes narrowed. A harsh method that most of his wealthy clients went through. At this moment now, Lex could follow suit and or vice versa. “It seems you and I are at an agreement sir. One neither of us could quite frankly stand down from now that we know who the other is.” Lex added his own little reminder. If either of them fell... The notion struck his heart rather well. “I will need a list. Of where you believe he has spotted you at.” He announced calmly. He was no spy, but if he new where to begin, he could start with the bartender system. “When exactly did this start?It may aid narrowing down some clues” He asked. He could at least see who grew in money from there and then. Perhaps starting to rise in tips. It could be very well one of his own regulars.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Zara_The_Huntress

"Mann gegen Mann
Mann gegen Mann

Mann gegen Mann
Mann gegen Mann

He smiled ever so slightly, "I am glad the agreement suits you, Herr McKane, I believe we will work very well together." He offered the man his hand. Sure there would be a more formal agreement in paper later on, but Sebastian was old-fashioned and considered a handshake to be the real binding component. If he shook on it, then it was his honor at stake, and he would not have that run through the mud for any reason. Written contracts just helped assure him that others would play to the same standards. "This all began seven months ago, though there is always the chance that the individual had seen me before then. To be on the safe side, let me include places I had visited, say, at least seven months ago and no more than a year and a half? I doubt he would have waited that long to start, but one never knows." He pulled out a sheet of paper and a pen and began writing down the names of various establishments he had visited. "There was the Landebert, of course. I mostly frequented the Golden Kette, but also made an appearance at the Bon Homme, the Gegen, and the Anders." He wrote another name down, but was too embarrassed to say it. Despite its sophisticated name, the Gemini was anything but. It had a reputation for being very sleazy and someplace a self-respecting gentleman would never go. Most of the others were pretty standard, the Bon Homme had a French schtick, but it wasn't anything fancy. The Golden Kette, however, was highly elitist, with only the wealthiest most genteel of men getting in, unless, of course, you were the entertainment or guest of one of said individuals. You had to know someone to get in, that or be willing to pay a hefty fee. "Are there any surprises I might expect in this case? Anything that the opposition might try to use against us?" The obvious examples would be abuse or other such crimes, but he somehow doubted that was the case. This man seemed too sweet, too careful of his children to commit such an act. "And of course, if your children have good reports of you, and maybe some damning reports about the opposition, then their testimony could prove highly useful. If they are old enough. How old are they?"

Golden age, dead century
Dead. dead. dead
We're a degeneration
Get it on
The same old song

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zara_The_Huntress

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:54 pm
User Image

𝕷ex 𝕸c𝕶ane
A Keeper of Spirits

╚══════════════╝

User Image

Upon Sebastian's hand raised, he carefully eyed it. Accepting this would mean a change and more. With his own, he clasped the other without anymore hesitation with a firm grip that he didn't release for a few short seconds making direct eye contact with Sebastian as they did. The time frame was announced along with a few bars. Surely this man had gotten around where as Lex remain in his little territory. His clients, his coworkers, and of course the nearness it had for his children. When handed the list, he carefully checked it over and spotted the Gemini. He held his response for it along with any features that may suggest anything negative towards his lawyer. Three of six would be easy to stroll in and speak with. He would have to speak with the bartenders at the Golden Kette. Unless he accepted the job there, Lex was sure he wouldn't be able to waltz in. Each bar always sent a spy to see how each atmosphere held in comparison. Lex's skills at the bar and maintaining such with the crowd gained him a mild popularity along with some amusing offers of employment. If all else failed, he could try walking into the establishment about the offer that was supposedly open if he felt the Landebert was to low. Lex snapped out of his thoughts as the question sounded. A bitter chuckle escaped, “A single parent, father no less, whom you doubt gets paid particularly well and works days, nights, and sometimes a double shift …I am more than positive that would be used. As well as the hidden fact that the children are watched while I am away...The surprise that you and I may not utter inside these walls. I doubt she would have figured that out after all these years though.” At the mention of his children, his eyes held such luminescence. A curve rose on his lips as he thought carefully. He had yet to think of his children in that action. In fact, he had yet to even broadcast this tribulation. He cleared his throat. “Both will be 10 in a few weeks.” He sighed thinking if they were lost to his ex wife upon that day. He hadn't even conceive how to tell them about this. When he had received the papers, he was panicked. He rushed and didn't even think to inform them. “I have yet to bring this news to them... I am not sure what they would say on my behalf.” He told truthfully. He never had to think about it until now. He would only assume they were happy. Another notion fell into his lingering thoughts. “How do I explain to them that their mother wants them after all these years of being away? One visit here and there out of the blue.” He scoffed to this realizing he had said his thoughts out loud. Did this make him seem as bad as his ex?

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:42 am
Zara_The_Huntress

"Mann gegen Mann
Mann gegen Mann

Mann gegen Mann
Mann gegen Mann

He listened carefully as Lex explained what sorts of things could be brought up against him. The fact that his ex-wife had no clue about the nature of his employment was a clear boon, and he had not heard any of the things he had particularly feared hearing. "In this economy, the fact that you have a job will be seen as a positive. Though it's hours are unfortunate, it is much better than being unemployed. And if she doesn't know where you work, then it will be much harder for her lawyer to look into it. Frankly, I was more worried you would mention something about past instances of abuse or neglect. No court would ever favor you, if that were the case." Of course, the ex-wife was now rich and had no need to work, so that was an added benefit to her. If he could prove that the woman never visited or did anything in particular for her children, then they would have a fighting chance. The age of the children also helped. They were young enough to still be cute and endearing, but they were old enough to articulate well and have a clear memory of their time with their mother back when they were all together. Further, while the court would not decide solely upon the children's opinions, they would have significant weight. "Personally, I would phrase it in such a way that makes your ex-wife out to be a villain and you a hero, but I am guessing that is not your modus operandi. However, if they become convinced that their mother would serve as a poor guardian, and that they have benefited from being with you, that would win you much favor in the court's eyes. Especially if they have any particularly damning evidence on your ex-wife. Do inform me when you have spoken with them and they are ready to speak with me, they could be of the utmost importance." If it were him, he would be working with the children, convincing them that their mother was a monster and that they would be safe only with him, but this man seemed a bit too honest for that. Seemed he would rather try to be as unbiased as possible and let the children form their own opinions. It was probably the better parenting choice, but Sebastian didn't care about parenting, he cared about winning the case.

He handed Lex a business card.
"I wasn't sure if you had my number or not. The top number is my home phone, the second here. If you have any information, updates, or questions, don't hesitate to call. And how should I get in contact with you? Preferably something a little discreet, or seemingly proper."

Golden age, dead century
Dead. dead. dead
We're a degeneration
Get it on
The same old song

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zara_The_Huntress

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm
User Image

𝕷ex 𝕸c𝕶ane
A Keeper of Spirits

╚══════════════╝

User Image

Lex merely shrugged, “Your thoughts are as my own. Unless it's that minor little secret we both share within these walls... there's hardly anything that would amount to neglect aside from my shifts. There is no abuse aside from the normal punishment if they are bad. They are fed and clothed. They attend their schooling. I have no idea of what to think when is comes to my wife wanting sole custody after all this time.” Lex thought carefully to what it could possibly. She may just want a chance, but the extreme was just far too much. “I may not be perfect in certain matters, but I do not harm those unless its a must.” He stated clearly. Lex watched his lawyer carefully trying to see what he was trying to suggest. Could his children actually make their mother so? Lex tilted his head and muttered low. A soft furrow of his brow and slight loathe tainted his eyes. “She was hardly their guardian to begin with...” With all their talks, Lex remember thusly being told he could have the kids as his dearly wife would hardly be able to aid them on her own. To say the least, she wanted more freedom to find a husband. Now look where they are now. “I wonder why she told her husband about them... Surely, when starting a new life you escape and erase that which you left behind...” Lex muttered loud enough for the other to hear. Lex noted what Sebastian had uttered when it came to tactics. He said nothing, but gave a slight nod to him.

Lex held the card carefully thinking he was going to have to start seeking answers. He thought carefully. He picked up the parchment from his own documents ripping a piece big enough. He wrote the line for the bar-- the one for his station normally used for his boss's needs only or if there was a dire emergency at home. Then he wrote down his home number. He could not fathom which one to give him next. The babysitter might be wanted. Each he marked with a name. “First, one is our home number. The second is of course the Landebert private line for the bar station. I'll explain the details to my employer of the situation. Lastly, is the one who cares for my children if I am at work.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff