Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities
Academy Grounds ➣Observatory [Spellcasting Classroom] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TrashPuppy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PROFILEXX LOCATION: In a deskXX OUTFIT: Regular: LightXX OOC: I apologize for errors and such, don't have time to proofread as I finished this postXX

The conversation seemed to be going on quite fluidly. Everyone gave their input, all in which were quite informative and relevant to the topic at hand. Xeih is glad that this class doesn't possess any of those who who were lacking in their... brain cell count. Especially the professor, she already proved her competence in both knowledge and skill already. The class being small was also a plus, conversations like these can go on quite smoother than a class of a larger number. Xeih continued to subconsciously play with his scarf as the professor started to speak again. The next chain of events peaked Xeih's interest quite so. The professor started to use some form of magic at play, and the setting around them started to seemingly change. Xeih analyzed this magic at play quite closely; trying to deduce if this was an illusion or not. Given the extent of how the scenery was changing and the context in which the professor spoke, it was safe to say that this was some form of celebrar magic. Also, he didn't "feel" them, so-to-speak. Celebrar magic was also quite high on Xeih's priority list of what to learn and explore. It's quite complex, and feared due to it's ability to manipulate people. To Xeih though, this magic had such a wide range of capabilities in which he'd love to explore someday. Ethically, of course.

Xeih was quite enamored by the lecture; the visuals allowed no room for boredom. Swinging his legs in his seat, he listened attentively. What the professor is able to weave together with what seemed to be relative ease was... poetic. It was as he she practicing an art form. As everything began to dissipate, this confirmed Xeih's deduction that is was illusion magic. The next demonstration the professor presented wasn't as much of a visual stimulus as the previous one, but it was just as thought provoking. She mimicked the physical shifter attributes that the shifter girl has, a "binturong" as she exclaimed. A species Xeih was aware of, but they weren't common. The shifter girl gave her thoughts on the matter first, given her excitement. As she guessed it was her raiment at play, Xeih gently shook his head to himself. Her raiment..? But... I remember her eyes from the last time I was here. The professor seems to have a little pride in her magic prowess. But... I'm sure she saw me see her eyes after she nullified my component, and she didn't mention it at all... Xeih tilted his head a bit. There was an air of mystery that clouded Q'ara. All Xeih really knew about her was her name, and that odd magic with her eyes. Xeih pinched himself, the professor probably just enjoys her privacy. Raiments are something that people personally attach to as their identity; but... that would contradict with the professor's statement saying that raiments are different from spellcasting. Now Xeih just got himself all curious about what the professor's raiment was. However that is a mystery to be solved through further observation and analysis. Xeih slowly raised his hand to speak to chime in the conversation.

"I don't think it's her raiment's magic at play here... Xeih began to fiddle with his hair nervously as he spoke. "I feel as if the answer to the question she asked was already given to us through this conversation... Everything has an energy, energy in which we use magic to manipulate. This has to include our very raiments, that's why we can cast them. However, there a spells out there that can... emulate some people's raiments. Some raiments out there are revolved around copying attributes of magic for their use. I personally believe you're currently emulating..." Xeih's face turned red, as he looked over at the shifter girl. He felt a little bad because he doesn't know her name. "I apologize... I don't know your name... That's my mistake. I believe the professor can emulate magic that is already present in this room. Henceforth, why she's mimicked your species in particular." Xeih looked back at the professor, attentively waiting for the conversation to continue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:35 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

It had been years since Lelyna had actually seen anything on her own. While she knew deep down that what she was seeing was in her mind, much like the replay of memories that she had received from others, what she was seeing she was experiencing…She couldn’t help but cover her mouth as she felt tears sting her eyes. It was magical, literally and emotionally for the blind girl. Q’ara had known that any demonstration she did would be wasted on Lelyna, so she had found a way to accommodate her and include her…Completely speechless, all she could do was watch and listen intently to every word the Professor spoke.

However, all too soon, the illusion ended and Lelyna was left in darkness once more. But those few minutes of light and wonder had warmed her soul through and through. She knew she would be forever grateful to the spells professor.

As the lesson moved on, Lelyna was confused by Thanya’s outburst only to have Q’ara come over to alleviate her confusion. Her hands gently grasped a pair of furry ears. At first, Lelyna didn’t understand that the big deal was….but then Q’ara pointed out that she wasn’t a shifter! How interesting and intriguing this class was going to be! Eyes going wide, she smiled in amusement and dropped her hands away to free Q'ara from her light grasp.

Listening to each of her classmates’ answers, Lelyan took her time thinking of her own answer. She concluded that it must have to relate back to Q’ara’s little lecture, at least in some way. “I believe…that you were able to simply manipulate the energy, as you said, that exists in all things. We contain that same energy…perhaps this is what fuels our own raiments? And if we know how to harness that energy, would it not make sense to be able to manipulate that into something new, as well? Perhaps that is how spells work, by helping you manipulate energy...” Lelyna knew that she was asking more questions than she was answering but that was what her instinct was telling her – that Q’ara had simply taken one thing and made another, as she had done with the rocks to make the dagger.

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Lelyna Thaniels

Raiyun

Chelly Usagi

Trashpuppy

Kowsauni

Lelyna Thaniels - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:33 pm
User Image
𝓠'𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮 𝓚𝓻𝓮𝓪

╒═════════════════ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═

Listening first to Thanya's explanation first as she stood straight up once more, Lelyna's hold of her ears being released, Q'ara giggled lightly at her first words, and then brought up a hand to her chin while answering the binturong girl. "Ooooh? is that what I am doing?" She answered lightly in order to get the girl to ask herself the question so that she might come to the conclusion a little bit more on her own before she was told the right answer. Xeih then spoke up given a few ideas of his own. When he referenced that he didn't think Q'ara was using her raiment, she nodded lightly in response as she listened to his words. "Hmmm, so very close, but not quite..." She would let out while narrowing her eyes a bit. To emphasize her point, she then brought her hands up and back over her head again, and her ears changed from being like Thanya's ears to that of a white wolf, her hair changing in color to match the furry ears. Again the rest of her body followed suit, and her tail changed from that of a binturong to that of the flowing bushy tail of a winter wolf. Q'ara brought her hands in front of her, and they had sharp claws on the ends of her fingers with slightly paw-ish like appendages. Although she was still portraying a sort of shifter-like half appearance, it was no longer of anything in the room, and thus at least that aspect of Xeih's idea would become null.

Xeih was definitely a bright student, and she knew he would flourish in this class once they got started, but it seemed there was one thing he hadn't quite grasped just yet, and it was likely the very thing that would keep him from getting held back in his efforts to learn more spells. It was then that Lelyna spoke, and she looked over at her with a smile as she pointed to Lelyna and nodded. "Bingo!" She said before bringing her hands up to her head once more, and this time shifting herself back into her normal self. He hair returned to its normal color, her ears appeared at the side of her head, and the tail and claws disappeared altogether. "What I did used shifter magic, nothing more, nothing less..." Q'ara said as he gave them a minute to ponder her words.

"You see, whether raiment or spell, all magic is magic. Aside from the knowledge that one is granted upon birth to learn and use a specific kind of magic, a powerful, and often considered, unique magic as it were, the truth is that both raiments and spells are one and the same." Q'ara said before centering herself in the room once more. "Magic is magic, whether you learned it naturally from your raiment, or learned it through time spent studying and practicing, magic is magic." After a moment, Q'ara stepped over to Thanya then so that she could explain further. "Thanya, what I had done was cast a shifter spell, however that spell is in fact based off of shifter raiments, because shifter raiments are a form of magic that teaches their user's how to use shifter magic without them even realizing how they are doing it, this is primarily the reason why shifters tend to gain animalistic qualities in their lives, as they tend to shift without even realizing it at a young age or at birth, and then hold those shifted qualities as normal throughout their lives. If they wanted, they could shift completely into a human, and none would be the wiser..." She said with a smile as she stood straight up again. "Although it seemed like a raiment, it was, in fact, a spell."

Looking at Xeih then, she stepped over to him and brought a hand up to her chin once more. "Xeih, you were so very close, but I think you go a bit caught up in your own thoughts. You were right on the verge of the answer when you spoke of everything having energy, and you aren't wrong that there are some raiments, and even spells that can 'emulate' another's raiment. However, using magic to copy the effect of another magical effect, is not the same thing as simply casting the magical effect yourself. Once you know how to do it, even another person's raiment can be cast as a spell, because technically, it IS a spell, a complex powerful spell, but a spell none the less. Although I will add that it can take years and years of study and practice to be able to do it as well as anyone who has the ability inherently as a raiment. For instance, I can very well use shifter magic to change certain aspects of myself and use the animalistic parts of any animal that I can think of, however, even I, in my years of practice am not able to fully shift completely into an animal. It is honestly one of the hardest spells to master." She said with a light chuckle as she brought her hand up to the back of her head and rubbed it lightly. "So Xeih, once you fully understand this, I think the concepts of magic whether raiment or spell will open up your eyes to all sorts of revelations of magic."

"So yes, as Lelyna had said, I simply manipulated the energy within myself to shifter parts of myself into binturong parts, and then into wolf form afterward, before reverting back to myself. I used shifter magic, no different from the magic that Thanya used inherently to shift herself. We all contain this energy, like everything else in the world, and yes it is THIS energy within ourselves that allows us to connect to the energy of everything else in the world. Its how we are able to use our raiments, even if the energy of other things or aspects are the ones being manipulated, we still use a small amount of our own energy to connect to it, which is why we can easily be exhausted whenever we use our raiments, and our spells. This is also why we must be careful because exhausting that energy beyond an amount that our bodies can replenish, can end up with dire consequence to ourselves, even death. This is part of the reason I asked that you not practice component and spellcasting outside of this classroom, at least until I feel you are adept enough not to exhaust yourself beyond your means, and so that you don't blow yourselves up!" She said the last part with a smirk, but she was just as serious. There had been people in the past who made mistakes in their spellcasting that ended up causing the magic to go wildly out of control, causing serious harm to not only themselves but those around them. In the most extreme cases, they were killed before they could contain or end the spell.

"Alright, now that we know what magic is, let us start by discussing components..." She said before starting to give her lesson on the in's and out's of components. The lesson from here on out would be a bit more textbook classroom, lasting throughout the day as a varied question and answer kind of class discussing spell components and what they are. When it started to get dark, Q'ara looked out the window and sighed lightly. "Forgive me students if the class went a bit long. There was a lot to discuss regarding components, but next class we will be stepping outside to the observation deck to practice some components, take to hear what I taught you today, you'll need to truly learn how to cast spells, class dismissed!"

═ ═ ═ ═ ═ ═════════════════╛

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:20 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Upon the conclusion of Q'ara's demonstration Thanya furrowed her brow in thought. "So...we all already are spell casters...just specialized in our raiment… interesting..." Based on Q’ara’s words Thanya wondered what she would look like completely human but that thought would have to wait for later as her teacher rolled into the rest of the lesson for the day. Before Thanya knew it, the sky was darkening outside. With her head full of fresh taught knowledge the shifter would retire from the class to reflect on what she had learned. She exited class with her usual spring in her step. Next class they would finally be aobut to put some of this knowledge into practice.

[Thanya exits the observatory to her dorm for the end of the rp day]

Raiyun

TrashPuppy

The_littlest_dragonfly

Kowsauni

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Thanya quietly enters the observatory, lacking the usual spring in her step. In fact, her mood seemed to mirror the deary weather outside. After drying herself out to the best of her abilities, she takes a seat at her desk and waits for the others to arrive. Thanya stares absentmindedly out a window watching the rain. The only sound to be heard was the rhythmic beating the rain drops as they showered down upon the observatory building.

Raiyun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:48 am
User Image
𝓠'𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮 𝓚𝓻𝓮𝓪

The classroom was empty, silent. Nothing stirring and nothing echoing except for the rain steadily falling upon the windows. Any students present would sit idly alone in the room, no teacher to be seen. But after a few minutes, the room started to fill up with a strange light mist. The mist started to spread across the floor at first until it covered the entire room. Then it slowly started to rise coming up at the legs of the tables, chairs, and covering the feet of any students present in the room. The mist continued to rise until it filled the entirety of the room, causing a light obscurity to block everyone's vision. It wasn't completely opaque, but enough to make even seeing the walls on the other sides of the room somewhat hazy and difficult to see. After a moment, a single silhouette formed at the end of the room, and Q'ara stepped out of the densest part of the mist, before it slowly dissipated and cleared up completely.

"Oh! Hello Students... er... or just Thanya it seems" She said as she stepped over to her desk and placed her at the desk before walking up to one of the windows and looking out in disappointment. "Well it seems like our practice day out on the deck is stifled, however we can probably still practice some lighter components here in the classroom," She said with a light chuckle before looking over at Thanya, and taking note that she was not particularly excited or happy as she normally was coming to class. Q'ara's eyes narrowed at the sight, and she wondered what was wrong with the young shifter girl. "Thanya, are you alright?" She asked with a sweet loving voice as she sat by the girls side.

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

Raiyun
Captain

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:04 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

So deep in her funk, Thanya didn't notice the mist until it had permeated the entire room and began to obscure her vision. Unsure of what was happening she was about to get up and leave the observatory when the mist suddenly began to dissipate and reveal her teacher.

Thanya would look at Q'ara in a confused manner and ask, "What just happened?" but then it quickly occurred to her the mist must have been part of some sort of spell to transport Q'ara here as she did not smell or hear her teacher come in before. Normally Thanya would have been fascinated by this, but there was just too much weighing on her mind right now to get the enjoyment out of it she normally would.

When Q'ara sat next to Thanya and asked her what was wrong she would look back towards the ground. She was reluctant to relive the event again in her mind, but she trusted her teacher so after a moment or go she would respond. "A day ago I... I gave into my binturong instincts and went into the forest to forage for fruit and... and... something terrible happened. I almost got people killed. I... I feel just so awful about it. I don't know how I'm going to face any of them again. It... It really makes me resent the part of me that is the binturong. I feel like it would have been better... if... if I was never born a shifter. I know the urges are going to build up to the point of being unbearable again and I don't know what I'm going to do."

Raiyun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:55 am
User Image
𝓠'𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮 𝓚𝓻𝓮𝓪

"Oh? Well, that's certainly one way to look at it," Q'ara said while bringing her hand up to her chin and leaning back in the chair that she sat in by Thanya. "So let me guess, did you maul a bunch of people? Claw at their throats? Perhaps rip up their organs?" Q'ara said a bit exaggeratedly, but she was trying to get a strong point across to Thanya without beating it into her head. "I'm gonna guess no, which means I wonder, if you should really be blaming your binturong self for what I can only assume is your mistake," She said while standing then and walking to the center of the room.

"So something happened, something dangerous from what you say, but the question is, aside from you going into the forest, was anything else that happened your fault? Did you create the situation that suddenly became dangerous? Did you make it? Did you place it? I'm gonna assume no... or you wouldn't be here today," Q'ara said a bit matter of factly. "What I'm trying to say young Thanya, is while I understand your regret over making a mistake, I wouldn't count it as wise to look down upon yourself for being what you are," Q'ara said while leaning against the table that Thanya sat upon, and bringing a hand down to pat Thany'a head. "We all make mistakes, its what we do about it afterward that determines who we are as a person,"

After a moment, Q'ara brought her hand up to her chin again, as if she was giving some thought to the situation. "Perhaps if you are worried about your foraging instincts, we could come up with a solution that would make it easier for you, so that you don't have to fear your instincts. For instance, what are your favorite fruits? Perhaps we can create a small grove, or garden either near the school or on school grounds for you to forage through, there are solutions we can partake, we just have to find them," She said while standing once more and then looking back towards Thanya. "So what did happen in the forest anyway?"

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

Raiyun
Captain

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:36 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Thanya looked appalled at Q'ara mentioning her mauling someone but she guessed she was just trying to put in perspective. Still, if she didn't have her binturong urges she never would have entered the forest, but as for what hurt everyone, Q'ara was right, she was not directly linked to it. Hearing these words from her teacher did cheer her up a little bit but the emotions were still too raw for her to completely get over it.

When Q'ara mentioned possibly making a grove for her to forage in Thanya would respond. "That would be nice... though I don't know how to get permission to do such a thing... and it would take years to get the fruit trees where they would need to be. I've tried just foraging and hunting on the campus grounds but there is just not enough here for it to be fulfilling."

When asked about what happened in the the forest Thanya seemed reluctant to talk about it, not wanting to relive those memories again, but after a minute or so she would continue on. "I followed the most delicious smell I had ever smelt before into the forest and it led me to an enormous apple tree. These apples were unlike anything I had ever seen before. They were huge and delicious. I ate until I couldn't fit any more apple into my stomach... and that was when the forest went silent. There was this strange blue pulse within the bark of the tree so I began to dig at it out of curiosity. Embedded in the tree was this strange glowing object. I actually planned to free it from the and show it to you, since I figured you would know something about it. It looked magical and all."

It was at this point Thanya face got dark. "After I freed it from the tree, it began to glow brighter and pulse real fast. A teacher from my Shifter class showed up and knocked it from my hand and carried me away. After that there was a great flash of light that blinded us. The area we ran away from became all warped and twisted with trees looking both dead and alive at the same time. If I had still been standing in in that apple tree..." Thanya would get choked up for a moment. Without stating the obvious she would continue on. "What's worse is apparently a lot of people came into the forest after me. They were all hurt by the bright light and if they had been where I was, they too could have been..." Thanya would trail off once more, this time falling silent. Tears began to well up in her eyes once more as she considered the possible consequences of her actions.

Raiyun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 am
User Image
𝓠'𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮 𝓚𝓻𝓮𝓪

"Oh?" Q'ara let out when Thanya spoke of needing time to grow viable trees. She smirked lightly at the girl and shook her head while tilting it to the side and stepping over to her desk. She started to rummaged through her bag searching for something as Thanya continued to speak. Q'ara continued to listen, even though she seemed to have been a bit preoccupied. "An Artifact?!" Q'ara suddenly let out under her breath as her eyes widened at the explanation of the item that pulsed blue. She looked back at Thanya with narrowed eyes before shaking her head as if to shrug it off and not garner unwanted attention before starting to dig back into the bag as Thanya continued her story.

Q'ara found what she was looking for and started to step back towards Thanya just before she finished what she was trying to say. The young girl seemed to be traumatized to say the least, and Q'ara could see that she was still very upset with herself. "I see, now I understand," She said as she sat at the table next to Thanya. "There is nothing more painful then knowing when your mistakes could have hurt someone, especially if they were dear to you, and you are right to feel sorry, and even ashamed for your part it in," Q'ara said while nodded her head lightly, her body language somewhat emphasizing her words. "But you know, what I was trying to tell you, was not to feel ashamed of what you are because of it," She said while leaning in now, looking her in the eyes as she spoke. "Because what you said to me was that you feel as though it would have been better if you were not born a shifter, and I worry that you confuse a human mistake, with an animal one." She said calmly, taking Thanya's hands into her own and guiding Thanya to turn in her seat and face her.

"Let me ask honestly, if you had known that people could have seriously been hurt, yourself included, do you think you still would have went into the forest? Or better yet, do you think its possible, that another person could have came upon that strange item, even someone who isn't a shifter?" Q'ara asked her these questions, not to nullify her sorry, but to place her mind in the right place, to ensure she was feeling sorry for the right reasons, and not harming her own mentality by blaming what she was. It was true, there are many manner of ways that anyone could have made the same mistake, anyone could have went into the forest, anyone could have found that item, perhaps in Thanya's case her instincts for foraging made it a bit simpler, but that didn't mean that her animal instincts were inherently bad or good, this was what she was trying to emphasize. "The answer is, 'of course!' It could have happened to anyone, in this case, it was just unfortunate to have been you, but it has nothing to do with who you are, or what you are, understand?" She said with a slight smile. "It's ok to make mistakes, and there is nothing wrong with feeling sorry and remorseful of those mistakes. So if you have received any punishment, then fulfill your obligation with pride. Because you are righting a wrong in your acceptance of it, and acknowledging that you understand your mistake, and are willing to fix it," Again Q'ara smiled, this time reminding her that her actions after making such mistakes are what determine who she is, and who she wants to be.

After a moment, Q'ara brought her other hand forward, placing a small seed that she had dug out of her bag into the palm of Thanya's hands. "Of course, if you are truly sorry, then on top of making amends, you should try your best not to let it happen again right?" She said with an almost playful smirk as she brought her hand over Thanya's hands, her palm facing down at the seed. She had returned the subject to that of a grove although it might not have been immediately clear to Thanya. "So if there is a way, we should explore it by any means, although I don't think it would take as much time as you seem to think," She said with a wink before taking a deep breath and letting magical energy build in her hands. If it wasn't clear before, it soon would be as she started to cast a spell on the very seed in her hand. "Vaza Augt Cresti..." Q'ara let out under her breath as her eyes shifted in color for just a brief moment, and suddenly the seed started to grow in Thanya's hand, forming roots that slowly crept in between her fingers before started to grow a stem that slowly started to form a light layer of bark. The plant grew to about a foot before Q'ara closed her hands and her eyes as she stopped the energy from flowing. The plant seemed to be a small tree seedling of somekind, having only the remnants of a trunk, and the starting bulb of possibly branches or leaves. The roots entwined around Thanya's fingers abit, but were not binding, and Q'ara opened her eyes with a smile, showing Thanya what could be accomplished if she learned. "I'd be happy to help you as well Thanya, as your teacher, and who knows, perhaps this could be a good way to get you into magic," She said while standing then and returning to her desk as if she was about to get something else from her bag. After a moment, she stopped and brought her hand up to her chin as if pondering in thought, and then she looked back to Thanya with slightly narrowed eyes as she spoke...

"This... strange magical item, do you know what happened to it?"

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

Raiyun
Captain

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 am
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Thanya listened to Q'ara explanation and would nod solemnly. Having her put in to perspective that what happened wasn't intentional on her part, but rather a series of unfortunate events, did help ease the burden on her conscious. "You are right. I never intended for any of that to happen, but I am still the one responsible. I will try my best to make amends over my next month of detention."

When Q'ara first put the seed in Thanya's hands her first instinctual thought was to eat it, but she was sure that wasn't her intent so she just looked at her teacher curiously. Once Q'ara began to cast her spell did the teachers intentions finally dawn on the shifter. She would look down at her palm in wide eyed amazement as seed sprang into life and began to grow into a sprout in her very hand. All trace of her melancholy seemed to have momentary melted away as she held the plant aloft. "That's it! We can do it! We could use magic to grow a fruit grove! I would never need to go back into the forest again!"

Thanya was so excited by the prospect that her teachers next question caught her a little off guard. It took her a moment to think about it. After the explosion of light she was so rattled by the event that she stopped paying attention to what was going on. The headmaster even talked about it with those town guards yesterday but she hadn't been paying attention to that conversation either as it didn't have to to with her and she was too depressed to pay attention. "Uh...after the explosion I...I don't really remember what happened, but I'm sure Mr. Gannon knows! I'm sure he took it and put it somewhere safe so no one will ever hurt by it again. You said it was an artifact right? What is that? I don't think I have ever read about anything like what I encountered in the forest."

Raiyun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:33 pm
User Image
𝓠'𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮 𝓚𝓻𝓮𝓪

"Gannon huh?" Q'ara said under her breath as she started to look through her bag again. She thought back to that night when the light filled the sky, and then what came after. Even she wondered what it was that caused that. After a moment, she shook her head and pulled another seed out of her bag before returning to Thanya. "Here, take this..." Q'ara said while returning to Thanya and placing the second seed in her hand. She helped Thanya remove the small tree that had grown roots around her fingers, and placed the tree in a small pot that was at the edge of the room. "Seems it was just you and me today, and it's already getting late, I'm sorry we didn't go over any components today, next time, I will show you the first components for growing that seed," Q'ara said while leaning back against the table and smiling lightly. "Go on, class dismissed..."

After Thanya had left the premises, Q'ara walked back over to her desk and sat down, lacing her fingers in front of her face before saying two words as she thought about that night. "Gannon huh?"

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

Raiyun
Captain

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

[Thanya enters the observatory for the beginning of the new RP Day. ]

Thanya bounded in through the observatory in a way she had not done so in a long while. It seemed she was finally able to to put the haunting memories of two months ago behind her. This was after all her favorite class and one of the driving factors in helping her cope with the past several weeks. She wondered if she would be able to visit her secret grove with Q'ara today but that depended if the other students showed up. She had worked hard over the last two months and finally mastered her control enough to potentially cast a first level spell. She was practically brimming with the possibilities that lay ahead of her now! All she needed now was someone to show her the way.

Taking her seat, Thanya would hum a tune to herself and rock back and forth in time to her own self made music. It wouldn't be long until her teacher arrived.

Raiyun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:17 pm
User Image
𝓠'𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮 𝓚𝓻𝓮𝓪

Stepping in from the observation deck, Q'ara dusted the snow off of herself before walking over to her desk and placing her bag down on the table. "Good morning Thanya, " She said lightly as she leaned against her desk and smiled. "So it looks like it'll still just be you and me today, although there is some good news, Ms Lelyna Thaniels has finally awoke, and once she is cleared and released from the infirmary she will be rejoining us once more," Q'ara said lightly as she stepped around her desk and took a seat for a moment. It was a bit unsettling how quickly her class had reduced. First with Lelyna being injured and unable to attend, and then finding out that Xeih had been one of the students to go missing during the attack, leaving only Thanya left to teach. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, she was able to work one on one with Thanya for several weeks as a result, and she really had come into her own. However it was a bit discouraging.

Digging through her things, Q'ara pulled out several small seedlings like she had done several weeks before, and placed them on her desk. "Alright Thanya, so today, we are finally going to try spellcasting, I have faith that you are ready to make the attempt, and the first spell I am going to teach to you is a Diviner Spell called Expedited Growth," She said as she eagerly pushed all of the seeds to the edge of her desk. "Many of the components that I have been teaching you are a part of this spell, so it won't be hard to conjure them, however the real challenge will be in conjuring them and focusing them into the proper size, sequence, and direction so that the components properly form into the intended spell, are you ready to try?"

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

NDG Void

Kowsauni

Raiyun
Captain

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

By this point Thanya was use to Q'ara entering the room from any point other then the door. She would cheerily greet her teacher as she came down from the observation deck. "Good morning Q'ara." While she was releaved to hear Lelyna had awoken from her coma it served as reminder that not all wounds had been healed from the terrorist attack of two months ago. Xeith was still missing and though she had truly enjoyed the one on one training she had gotten from her teacher over the past several weeks, it would be nice to have a full class again.

Upon Q'ara pulling out the seedlings and placing the desk Thanya immediately got excited. This was about to be the culmination of two months of intensive studying and practice on her control. While working on her secret grove Q'ara she had seen her teacher use the spell over and over again and by now Thanya had learned all the components.

When Q'ara asked whether Thanya was ready she would jump up from her seat and shout. "Yes! I am ready!" Thanya would then flush a little bit red and respond in a more measured tone. "I mean, I will do my best, Ma'am. I am ready to give it a try.

Raiyun

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces