Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=> [BOOTH] Psychological Help Stand (Day 7 open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:38 am
(To Gnash)
"Well, that was before this was Civisect." Psy said, kind of dismissive. Her old home... Well, it was gone. She'd gotten a better one, better in every possible way, in one of the best cities in Alternia... and that was all she really wanted to think, regarding her original childhood hive. "All right, I'll definitely come and visit after Bloodfest." Maybe she'd bring sweet pastries or...

Oh gosh, she had almost forgotten!

"Oh, so Gnash, this is for you!" She pulled out an unusual-colored candy, wrapped in a wrapper.

User Image

"The person that gets me my candy orders every sweep made this one accidentally while making my inkblot pops. And since you've been coming to my booth every sweep... well, gosh, I thought of you." Psykgi beamed as she handed it over. "I have no idea what flavor it is, but I bet it's licorice or peppermint. I did ask for a few more flavors, though, so... It's a surprise!"

(To Deimos)

Shadow people? What was this troll seeing? It was an interesting answer for sure.

(To Apibom)

"Thanks for coming!" she said. Shame he wasn't running a honey booth this sweep.

(To Avvisi)

"Oh my gosh, I remember you -- from the Space Tower!" the tealblood might not remember her out of uniform, that was always a possibility. "Sure, go on ahead -- I'm up for an interview, too, if you are."

She watched as the tealblood -- perhaps one of the last people she would expect -- got really into her booth, their face deep in thought.

Psykgi smiled, pleased. "you're welcome! Come by tomorrow -- there'll be a fresh inkblot and prompt up."

-----
Tickets!

purplerosesbeauty
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

nepsah

micillia

---

User Image

“Today's Prompt”
When you want to learn and have fun at the same time, what activities do you end up drawn to?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:48 am
Avvisi Quills

What was easy was the mush they fed everyone. You know, "comedians" joking about airline food, or recooperacoon slime, the easy stuff. Well, after the Superstar Authority, the tealblood had thought maybe that's all there really was. She had done countless interviews, with thought provoking questions, (and some simple ones thrown in), and her feedback from the higher ups? Make it flashier, faster, and easier to consume. And that's what Avvisi thought she had to do.

But, this redblood made her think, and Avvisi liked that. She didn't know if this was the best move for her career, but it was the best move for her plump biscuit. When she came upon the daily prompt, she stood there a good five minutes, really pondering it. With a grin she had the answer. "By interviewing others." The girl nodded to herself. "Every troll has their own view and thoughts, and the only way to get a good look at something is to see it from multiple points of view." Avvisi nodded to herself. She should put that in her autobiography.

"And that," The tealblood continued on her sagely streak, pointing at the inkblot. "Is some troll's inner demon taking over their thinkpan."  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:14 am
Gnash took the candy eagerly. Just for her? "Thank you so much for this it looks very good and I am ready to be surprised by the flavor of the very good sweet thank you," she said, and popped the candy in her mouth. It was sweet and tasted like a very strange peppermint... but it was yummy. She liked hard candies.

---

She looked at the inkblot a long time. It reminded her of clouds or... "It looks like perhaps it is smoke or something such as that..." She folded her arms and nodded. That sounded about right. Little wisps of smoke pluming into a thick cloud.

The prompt was a bit confusing. Learning and having fun? She didn't really think there were activities in which a troll learned that were very fun, since every time she had to learn things it was often very boring. Well, she liked to do stuff with her hands. And she loved the grub scouts booth, that was fun! Hemera and Leeroi said that was learning and she was inclined to believe them. So that was her answer, she was drawn to practical things which were very fun and involved winning bugs and patches.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Inkblot
Despite the bad reaction to the inkblot the night before, Deimos returned to the booth to see what the new one would be. This one didn't seem much better. He rubbed at his eyes, blinking away some exhaustion - well, trying to - then squinted at it again. It almost seemed like the picture moved - a gaping maw filled with teeth gnashed. He shuddered a bit. "It's like seeing an animal's jaws emerging out of a dark patch." He really couldn't get more specific than that. God, he should probably stop answering these things - she might try to get him to actually get checked in to the counseling center or something and that was not even on his list of things he wanted.

Food for Thought
Dei regarded the food for thought question next, wanting to get the image of snapping jaws out of his mind. That... was a pretty bland question in his mind. He could just put on an audiobook and do whatever he wanted while he listened to it. That, or, if you really wanted to stretch the meaning of learning, anything could be called learning if you were doing something new. Or just practicing. He guessed he did tend to stick to the same main activities - cartography, puzzles, and sparring.

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:33 pm
"Ooo, an inkblot test? I'll try!" A youthful voice called over, in a chipper mood. Philip had been strolling around to check if there were any fun booths to take any of his friends to and this one looked interesting. Looking over the paper he frowned in thought.

"It looks like a crowd of people. At least four distinct heads in the foreground." The detective answered. He wasn't sure what that said about him for her studies but hoped it was good enough. As he perused the rest of her booth, he listened to her next question and smiled.

"As for fun and learning at the same time... they're the same thing for me!" Philip laughed. He was a troll who liked to constantly learn new things, though often in unconventional means. Learning was fun! And you usually learned something when you did fun activities. As for what those activities were, he supposed he liked to read or bug a friend to talk with him about stuff. Listening to jazz was more of a hobby he did for relaxation though it did sometimes stimulate one's mind, Philip considered.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:47 pm
    Trusci came back around the booth (as much as she didn't want to) to view the answer for her question. She found herself a little miffed at first; not ready for friendship? And sulked away. Maybe the redblood was right, though? There was a lot of compromise in friendships, but she had also let out the delicate bit about how their differences weren't over trivial things. Nahori was going to get herself killed out there in space and Trusci was only going to be able to say I told you so.

She sighed and meandered over to the inkblot.

"Looks like..." She narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips. "A... bouquet, almost? Flowers? The top sort of looks like roses, and there's a triangular base." She drew a shape with her fingers.

Food for thought

"Dunno. Hmm..." Trusci thought about it, "I guess Journalism is a lot like that for me? You're constantly learning new things and finding out things about other trolls. I think it's pretty fun, so I guess it counts for both?" Usually talking about journalism pumped her up, but she was still a little sour from earlier. "Or like writing, I guess. I end up doing a lot of research for my plots... it can be pretty entertaining?"

She shrugged a little bit. Hell, Trusci didn't learn about anything if it wasn't fun for her. She was very self-motivated that way.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

DraconicFeline rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 9, 3 Total: 21 (3-30)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:46 am
For Tickets

Avvisi: (1, 2)
Gnash: (3, 4)
Deimos: (5, 6)
Philip: (7, cool
Truci: (9, 10)

micillia

@ Avvisi
"You know, you're right?" Psykgi said, thoughtfully, "The facts can say one thing, but perspective... well, gosh, that can change the whole story. If you only get one perspective, then you're only getting one story, right? And it's not always the full story."

purplerosesbeauty

"Smoke? Oooh, have you been to that meat booth?" for some reason, that was what came immediately to mind for Psykgi when Gnash had mentioned smoke.

Psy, personally, saw faces in a crowd, their bodies blurred.

melancholies

Psykgi pretended that she hadn't seen the yellowblood glare at her advice wall, though she wasn't certain which question was theres. Well, she hoped she'd helped, but there was only so much she could do with the Advice wall.

"I believe you! I'm not a journalist, but you know... The more I learn about my fellow troll, the more I understand about myself. Isn't that great how that works out?" she said, "You know, you're not the first journalist to come up to the booth. What kinds of things do you report on?" Journalists, in Psykgi's opinion, could be a lot of fun, if you knew how to manage them.

Doutei

Oh, hey, this hemoanon troll saw the same sort of thing that she did. Interesting -- wasn't this another one of Tzofia's friends? Maybe he was a people-oriented troll like herself, inclined to looking at and mingling into crowds?

Psykgi laughed. "It's the same for me -- this booth, for instance! I learn so much, and I have so much fun doing it, Gosh!" Even when she got the heavy questions that weighed on her.

Still fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:11 am
Today's Inkblot
User Image

“Today's Prompt”
When do you feel angry most often? What makes you feel angry?

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Inkblot
Deimos immediately scrunched his face upon seeing the inkblot. "Juggalo face paint." It made him think of Punkie, honestly. And to some extent, the judge at the Worst Cooks in Alternia booth, but he hadn't actually talked to that kid just yet. He didn't really want to, either. In fact if they were all like Punkie he'd rather just not talk to any of them.

Food for Thought
Anger wasn't something Deimos thought he felt particularly often. Annoyance, irritation, sure... But anger? He separated it from the other two - annoyance and irritation were fleeting emotions, anger was more permanent. Anger was being threatened when all he'd done was talk about his visions for the future - the fact that it was likely totally possible for that particular person to put an end to his existence on a whim and that it probably wouldn't matter in the long run. That was something he held onto, despite wanting to let it go. Anger was realizing he didn't deserve that treatment, but not being able to do much of anything about it lest he make it worse.

Being stuck in his own head made him angry.

Advice wall
He grabbed one of the pieces of paper to submit a question, and scribbled away on it. Being as tired as he was it was difficult to write coherently but he tried.

Quote:
I'm here for some advice!

A while ago someone I considered a good friend threatened me in a way that was pretty severe. We have talked and I think that things are okay but I am having a very hard time letting it go. I don't know if I can really trust this friend again, but I want to. I think. Mostly I want to stop being angry about it.

He stuffed it into the submission box, then shuffled off to find something else to do to keep his mind off of it. Too much thinking, not enough ways to get it out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:25 pm
Gnash held the inkblot up high. "It looks somewhat like a hand that is curled in a way," she said, putting it down and adjusting her prosthetic to have a similar clawed look to demonstrate what she meant to Psygki. "A hand that is above everything and is very segmented somewhat like my own hand."

As for the food for thought... she felt angry often. When her lusus refused her, when people shied away and avoided her, when she could sense the disdain and disappointment in others. She had gotten very good at hiding the anger inside so no one could know and be afraid of her, but it did often slip. There was more than enough injustice in this world for her to fix. If Gnash could use her anger in a positive way, she would be happier.

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:12 pm
Caiden had been skipping through the fair grounds. How could he not? Everyone was so happy, and exciting, and well, fun! The orangeblood stopped at the booth of a redblood he felt he had seen before. Maybe last year? Oh yeah def last year. His eyes widened as he saw the inkblot, "Its a sky of butterflies!" He slapped his hands to his cheeks. Caiden loved butterflies.

"Oh?" The orangeblood saw the prompt for today under the inkblot. Uff, he didn't like to think about anger, or things that angered him. It was better to just... give some non committal answer, "Uh, mean people..." Caiden looked to the side, away from the question. Yeah, not a fan of that question. It was better to just ignore that anger, or avoid things that brought anger around.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:03 am
Inkblots

Kerras frowned, expression surprisingly morose as they regarded the paper. The booth's owner had said to look for some meaning in the blots, search for an image beyond the random spots of ink. Kerras did not have to look hard. They saw something all right—something they would rather not think about.

"It's... the woods," they began slowly. They bit their lip. "Two criminals standing over a dead hunter..." Their voice trailed off, as their eyes scrolled down the page. They paused partway down the page, lost in thought. After a moment, they forced a smile and passed the paper back. "At least that's what I see anyways."

Eager to have that portion of the booth over and done with, Kerras hurried over to the wall where trolls of all kinds had been posting their questions. The tealblood looked on in eagerness, smiling at some of the writings, and raising some serious eyebrows at others. They had only gone through maybe a quarter of what was listed, when their face lit up. Grabbing a pen and a piece of paper they scribbled down their own question.

Quote:
"My friend thinks I can't take care of myself. How can I change their mind?"
    Psykgi's answer

Satisfied that any wandering podlings would not be able to decipher their true meaning (it never occurred to Kerras that they could not read) Kerras pinned it to the board. Perhaps the redblood could help them devise a solution to earn the respect of their lusus. In the meantime though, she had a question that they needed to answer.

Food For Thought

"I don't really get angry," Kerras wrote. "Nothing seems worth getting angry over." Frustrated? Sure. But so far anger eluded them. The Grove Warden taught them that anger was a sickness of the roots... well, bloodpusher in Kerras' case. From the roots (bloodpusher) it entered the xylem (bloodstream) and spread throughout the frond nub (body), poisoning the leaves (thinkpan), until its host (Kerras) shrivelled up and died.

Such a lesson was enlightening, but also unnecessary. The tealblood lacked a temper. They added a small note to the bottom of their response. "Though some people seem angry all the time!" Then, without further ado, they dropped it into the submission box.  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

DraconicFeline rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 7 Total: 15 (3-30)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:00 am
Quote:
purplerosesbeauty 1, 2
micillia 3, 4
green minuet 5, 6, 7
nepsah 8, 9, 10

#

purplerosesbeauty 1, 2
green minuet 4, 5, 6
nepsah 7, 8, 9

#

purplerosesbeauty 1, 2
nepsah 3, 4, 5

nepsah

Well, any of these could be Juggalo facepaint, if you look at them closely enough. Actually Psykgi was surprised she didn't see more inkblot-inspired facepainting. What could be more whimsical than a design that everyone interpreted differently?

Then again, she wasn't a cult member. Maybe they had restrictions, or something.

purplerosesbeauty

Psykgi mimicked the gesture with her own hands. "I sort of see what you mean!" she commented, though admittedly her flesh and exoskeleton prongs were not nearly as segmented as Gnash's.

Ma'am also chittered in agreement -- she saw segments everywhere, and she had enough segments to work. Well, collectively.

micillia

Psykgi had been wondering when the chatty Caiden would show up... well, not really, but she did remember him. He did come buy so frequently, those other years. Not the most interesting answers, though, but the butterflies comment got a response from Ma'am.

A collective of butterflies -- the swarm made a gesture that could have been a sigh. That wouldn't be bad at all.

green minuet

"Oh." Yeah, Psykgi was kind of happy she wasn't living in the woods. The hunts sounded like fun, but why would anyone want to live where that s**t was happening? "Well, if you see it, you see it!" she said, smiling encouragingly.

The little tealblood's response was interesting... anger was such a natural emotion for trolls, was it a problem if one did not have it? Or was it an aberrance to be ignored for the most part?

Psykgi leaned towards the latter, honestly. At least, regarding this booth. She'd seen how anger could ruin perfectly good things -- while a lack of anger could be problematic for a troll, it would, at least, keep them in line.

----

Today's Inkblot:
User Image

“Today's Prompt”
If you could take one moment in your life and re-live it in perfect detail (but not change anything) which moment would it be? Why? What makes this moment important to you?

Psykgi had a late start today, and is presently working on her advice, so feel free to describe that in your posts!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:24 pm
Today's inkblot was interesting. It reminded Gnash of bubbles again, but also... "It looks a little bit like eyes..." A bunch of different eyes, even some that looked like animal eyes. But especially the big one in the middle looked like staring eyes.

The food for thought was a difficult one - when Gnash tried to think of moments in her life, all that came to mind were moments she'd rather not remember, or that she wishes she could change. Even very happy moments had something wrong with them. She remembered some joyful things like all the fun she had at the harvest jubilee, or last bloodfest, but also remembered how harshly her lusus had scolded her for those events. Perhaps meeting her friends... she had so many more now, and was happy with them. If she could remember them that would be nice.

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Inkblot
Deimos found this one hard to pin down. There wasn't really... a lot to look at, as far as he was concerned. Were those bells? Maybe. But what about the circles? Eventually he sighed and shrugged, "loose bells and some circles." Might as well just say what he thought it was. Sometimes it didn't need to be deep.

Food for Thought
Dei thought back- was there a moment he'd relive exactly as it was? Probably when he'd met Forera. That was perfect- just the right mixture of excitement and uncertainty. He really needed to connect with her again soon. He'd even made her a friendship bracelet. Hopefully she'd be able to talk soon - or maybe meet up somewhere on the outskirts of society. He had seriously contemplated offering up his hive as some refuge for her...

Advice wall
Her advice seemed risky. Very risky. Just keep opening himself up repeatedly and hope he didn't get stabbed or something? That just seemed foolish. Or was that how normal people did it? He didn't have this problem with Cerpin when he'd lost his cool.

Quote:
I'm here for some advice!

It seems foolish to keep putting yourself out there and hoping that it won't backfire. Is there a different way to deal with feeling betrayed that doesn't involve so much personal risk?

He scribbled out the question without really thinking too hard on it, then stuffed it into the box. He'd probably just get told to go see her at the counseling center, but he wasn't sure that was such a good idea.

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff