Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:49 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:13 pm
A pair of trolls sit behind a table filled with bubbling test tubes, snapping squeakfiend-traps, and piles of paper full of complicated figures and equations. As you pass by, the purpleblood behind the counter leans forward, flashing a superstar-like smile. A sinking feeling suggested you have seen this troll before and it didn't take you long to realized this was... "Greetings!" The sea dweller flashes another smile. "We are delighted to have you with us tonight at the Alternian science fair! We're currently accepting applications from anyone interested in furthering the cause of scientific progress on Alternia!" She waves a clipboard full of tiny, tiny lettering, gesturing you to take a look at it. "Signing up is free, and we have a state of the art facility right here to get you started!" With a flourishing gesture, the highblood drew your attention to a small table with all sorts of gadgets and knicknacks piled on it. "Plus, you have a chance to win beetles, prizes, or even a raffle ticket!"

Quote:
How to play: The Alterian Science fair!
Simply roll 3d8, and consult this table for your results! Than fill in the form with your results in the correct spaces, and fill in any other spaces with words of your choosing. Check the total amount of inspiration you collected, and add +1 if you included at least 50 words of RP! The top contestant every day will have their invention featured, and more importantly, will receive that day's raffle ticket! If there is more than one troll tied for the highest score in a day, the ticket will be given to a randomly selected eligible troll. Each troll may play this game once each day.

Please fill out this form in addition to your 50 words of RP!
Hello, my name is [u]YOUR NAME HERE[/u], and I'm here to show off an exciting new invention! I've created the [u]ADJECTIVE[/u] [u]DICE ROLL 1[/u], and I'm here to show it off to all of you tonight! It runs off of [u]DICE ROLL 2[/u] and is much [u]ADJECTIVE[/u] than the currently available [u]NOUN[/u]. With a device like this by your side, you'll never have to worry about [u]DICE ROLL 3[/u] again!

"Or," says the yellowblood sitting behind the desk, looking like he'd rather just disappear entirely, "You can help us with a little... problem we've been having." He gestures to another table, full of bubbling beakers and mysterious liquids. "Just try of these... uh... definitely safe compounds that neither of us had lying around, and you'll be entered into a drawing for prizes. You can enter as many times as you want!" He glances at the bubbling chemicals, wincing just slightly. "Seriously. Go nuts. We have WAY too many of these."

Quote:
How to play: Potion commotion!

Just take a swig by rolling 4d20, and consult THE TABLE. You may drink as many potions as you would like in a day (If you REALLY want to). That's right. Any number of them. You can drink forty potions, if you really want to do that to yourself. Each post must contain at least 50 words of RP, and each post will be counted when raffling off the two tickets at the end of the day! Keep an eye on the table - results will change each day!

Both games will reset at 10pm PST, at which winners will be chosen!  

Buzzwulf

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:20 pm
Reserve for prizes  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:21 pm
reserve for... unexpected things.  

Buzzwulf

Micillia rolled 4 20-sided dice: 17, 20, 8, 13 Total: 58 (4-80)

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:55 am
Caiden bounced over to the booth Engrave, his morail, was manning. "Engrav!" the brownblood shouted. "How are you? How's it going? I never would have guessed you would do a booth this year! That's soooo cool!" Caiden beamed at the yellowblood, wiggling in place before finally looking at what the booth even entailed.

"Humm," Caiden mused as he eyed the vials of this and that. "So, you just mix stuff up? That's cool! What is all this stuff Engrav?" The brownblood sniffed one of the vials, and gave it a confused look. Well, this was Engrav, nothing bad ever happened when he was around his best buddy. Caiden proceeded to mix up this and that, mostly choosing things based on their color as opposed to any real logic. The brownblood held up his finished potion, big grin on his face. "Here goes!" He said before drinking the mixture.

17; Charcol colored
20; Tastes like bark and ginger, lots of caffeine
8; Feel in your aggravation sponge
13; Glowing Brightly

"Woah," Caiden blinked, confused. Some part of him was glowing, something in his... Thinkpan? "What? Engrav... What is this?"

Quote:
Why can't I sleep... Work in 4 hrs T.T

Melancholies rolled 4 20-sided dice: 14, 20, 13, 3 Total: 50 (4-80)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm
    Quote:
    14. Desert
    20. Bark and Ginger. Lots of Caffeine.
    13. Lobe stem
    3. Affected body part is temporarily paralyzed

Well this looked fun! Potion testing? There was a seadweller at this booth, and while that didn't mean much to someone like Emiola, she understood one thing: the things here should be lit, because seadwellers were loaded. Magic potion testing? Sign her the ******** up! Maybe, she thought, she could get some sort of radical powers? She chugged down a sandy brown potion without much of a second thought.

The effects hit her almost immediately.

"I dunno bro." Her brows were furrowed, not that it was visible thanks to her hair. "I feel kinda like? Like--"

She sort of went still, mid smile, mid sentence as the caffeine overwhelmed her brain. It felt like she was everywhere and nowhere all at once, moving so fast no one could see, and yet... not moving at all. Tingly.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Micillia rolled 3 8-sided dice: 1, 1, 1 Total: 3 (3-24)

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:16 pm
Caiden Banksy
4 inspiration

Hello, my name is CAIDEN, and I'm here to show off an exciting new invention! I've created the STUPENDOUS paper-mache volcano, and I'm here to show it off to all of you tonight! It runs off of baking soda and vinegar and is much FLASHIER than the currently available PASTE. With a device like this by your side, you'll never have to worry about the perfect way to cook cluckbeast again!

It was simple, sure, but it was great. The brownblood had added pop rocks, paint, and gummy bears to the volcano, for extra pzazz. "ENGRAV! Are you ready?!" Caiden made sure to get his morail's attention before firing it up. The boy had enthusiastically added a lot of everything, and the volcano could hardly hold it. Pop rocks fizzled, vinegar sputtered from the top, it oozed various colors, and gummy bears were spit up, flying through the air. "Great right?!"  
Hobo Pixi rolled 3 8-sided dice: 6, 7, 7 Total: 20 (3-24)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:09 pm
Dillys Silvio
Inspiration: 11 (10+1 for 50+wc)

Dillys started to put things together quickly, hoping he could make something worthy of the highbloods time; he'd hate to waste it. After putting together a gun like thing, he gave it a name then stepped up to present it.

"Hello, my name is Dillys Silvio, and I'm here to show off an exciting new invention! I've created the Chilling Death Ray, and I'm here to show it off to all of you tonight! It runs off of explosions! and is much deadlier than the currently available squirt gun. With a device like this by your side, you'll never have to worry about if there is an afterlife again!"

The redblood sighed with relief. That went well, right? It felt like it did. Maybe he should have called it something else... maybe not chilling death ray but the indestructible death ray... yeah, that would have been better! Dillys rubbed his neck, wondering what would come next.

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
Hobo Pixi rolled 4 20-sided dice: 9, 19, 3, 11 Total: 42 (4-80)

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:20 pm
Dillys Silvio
WC: 85
Potion Details:
Verdigris, Caramel & Smoke, Anguish Bladder that feels like it's on fire.

Dillys looked at the weird looking potions, unsure if they were safe. The other troll certainly didn't plead their case of that matter well. Sighing, he took a swig of the blue looking potion. It tasted a bit like caramel, ew! And smoke! The redblood sneezed, setting the potion down. What... was that feeling in his anguish bladder? Ah! Fire! It felt like it was on fire! Wincing and and grimacing, he quickly left to try to see if he could get it to stop!

Hobo Pixi rolled 4 20-sided dice: 18, 5, 19, 17 Total: 59 (4-80)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:29 pm
Eilidh Rosach
WC:89
Potion Details: Crimson, Cucumber, Pump biscuit is temporarily perfect and everyone is jealous.

Eilidh watched as others tried the potions and didn't really end up well after. Still, she was rather curious what they tasted like. Despite her cautiousness, the tealblood selected the crimson red looking one. She took a deep breath and exhaled before taking a sip. It tasted like cucumber and was delicious! Eilidh drank the whole thing and her pump biscuit actually felt different. She smiled brightly, feeling really good about herself. "Thanks!" She told the troll manning the booth before scampering off to check out the other booths.

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
Green Minuet rolled 4 20-sided dice: 10, 17, 5, 10 Total: 42 (4-80)

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 pm
The colourful and pungent elixirs at the booth were too powerful a summon for Kerras to resist. With no one to stop them but an podling that saw nothing questionable or dangerous about it, they selected a potion a lovely shade of blue, closed both eyes, and threw it back. The podling took a similar dosage.

A moment after swallowing, Kerras opened one eye. They glanced towards the vial, and pursed their lips. Then they turned to the yellowblood manning the booth. "Do you have any more?" they asked, as their exoskeleton attempted to photosynthesise.  
Buzzwulf generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 5!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:06 pm
Today's Results!

Between all of our... test subjects today, we consumed a total of 5 potions! Each user id is entered to win one of ticket for today!

Caiden
Emiola
Dillys (Hobo Pixi)
Elidh (Hobo Pixi)
Green Minuet

The first Winner is: Green Minuet!

Green Minuet
One raffle ticket for you!

Buzzwulf

Buzzwulf generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 1!

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:07 pm
With our first winner removed from the pool, our second winner is...

Caiden
Emiola
Dillys (Hobo Pixi)
Elidh (Hobo Pixi)

The second Winner is: Caiden Banksy!

Micillia
One raffle ticket for you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:10 pm
And finally, our champion of science for today, with the Chilling Death Ray, and 11 points of inspiration, is Dillys Silvio! Let's all give them a hand!

Hobo Pixi
And last but not least, one raffle ticket for you!

Buzzwulf

nepsah rolled 3 8-sided dice: 5, 4, 7 Total: 16 (3-24)

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am
Inspiration: 7 + 1 for 50 WC = 8

Admittedly this wasn't really Api's forte, but they were interested in trying new things, so.... They decided to go ahead and sign up. It was a little intimidating doing so with a seadweller as one of the judges, but they'd do their best!

When it came time to present their project, they cleared their throat and launched into their practiced spiel.

"Hello, my name is Apibom Honeii, and I'm here to show off an exciting new invention! I've created the automated MINIATURE WAVE POOL, and I'm here to show it off to all of you tonight! It runs off of SOLAR ENERGY and is much more efficient than the currently available wave pool. With a device like this by your side, you'll never have to worry about IF THERE REALLY IS AN AFTERLIFE again!"

The tiny pool did in fact have some waves... But it was also... a tiny pool... and therefore useless for trolls. Perhaps gerbils? People loved gerbils. Why they'd added in the bit about the afterlife they weren't sure- it was probably nerves. Yeah, definitely nerves. Embarrassed, they shuffled back behind their display and hoped no one would ask too many questions about the project.

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff