• Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 am
I am on my phone so I rolled off-site.

Purplerosesbeauty
User Image
Your singing impressed Trevel and his buds

Melancholies
User Image
The answer was Les Paul! Since everyone got it correct, I RNG you are the wonderful winner today!

Buzzwulf
User Image
For your spectacular participation!!

Dunno if the tickets will show... But you guys are the ticket winners!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:13 pm
Guess That Trivia

Username: Yamashii
Troll Name: Cerpin Sugall
Prompt: "Which pop star played 27 different instruments on their debut album For You?"

Response:

Another night, another chance at musical trivia! Cerpin rubbed his hands together as he looked over the night's current question. Twenty seven instruments? That could only be one troll!

"That's Prince Nelson of course, commonly known as just Prince!" He answered excitedly, eyes glittering at the chance to talk music, celebrities and talent. Cerpin had been highly influenced by Prince's work, both his music and his styling. He had that very album in question in a desk drawer back home at Underworld. What an icon Prince had been!

"The list includes electric and acoustic guitars, electric and acoustic pianos, drums, bongos, congas, wind chimes, clavinet, bass and several synths! There's too many to list them all really..." Cerpin could only hope he'd reach that level someday. In between rebel work, nightclub work, training and his social life, he didn't have a lot of time to practice!

Yamashii

Yamashii rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:18 pm
Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: Yamashii
Troll Name: Cerpin Sugall
Result: 11

Response:

"This one goes out to someone very dear to my biscuit. You know who you are out there!" Cerpin took to the stage with his usual swagger, grabbing the microphone from the stand and pointing for someone to start the music. This time he was playing no guitar accompaniment and synthesized music began to play. He started stomping a foot in time to the beat of the music and leaned down to sing in a dramatic pose. Was she watching out there? He had trouble keeping track of Tevini in these crowded spaces. But it didn't matter, he was going to sing with everything he had and work the crowd up into as high a frenzy as the feeling in his chest!

"I try to discover a little something to make me sweeter..." The purpleblood sang out with a raw tone and quickly turned towards the audience with an intense look in his eyes. "Oh baby refrain... from breaking my heaaaaart!" At this point he began to sway his hips playfully to the music and pressed a hand to his chest as he walked towards the edge of the stage. It was a proper love song, one with longing and frustration that almost everyone could likely relate to at some point in their lives.

"I'm so in love with you... I'll be forever blue..." Cerpin reached out a hand to the eyes watching him, drawing out the notes dramatically but there was a warm twinkling tone in his voice. Love was miserable and love was difficult but the highs were so good he couldn't stop chasing it. "That you give me no reason- why you're making me work so hard!" He bobbed his head to the beat and let out a laugh of disbelief after the lyrics. It felt good to be up here in front of everyone with the microphone in his hand. Cerpin felt powerful. He felt invincible.

"That you give me no- that you give me no- that you give me no- that you give me no-!" The purpleblood began shaking his head as he started to rock out with the building of the music towards the end of the chorus.

"Soooooul, I hear you callllllling- oh baby, pleaseeeee-" He sank to his knees for dramatic effect as if pleading with his lover. Most nights lately, it certainly felt like he was. Gog, he was working so hard trying to get her approval, trying to get her attention.

"Give a little respect... tooooo... meeeee!" He was lost in his heart, unleashing a powerful concert for someone actively trying to avoid it. Such was the life of a rock musician, a tortured artist.

Doutei

Doutei rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Taking a break to run and grab something to eat, a young troll passed by the karaoke booth without paying it much mind. The music was nice background noise and he tapped his finger along to the beat as the song ended without much thought. Almost gone, he froze as another song began that struck him to the core.

He had to get up there!

Scrambling and pushing his way through the crowd, Philip's eyes widened at the sight of Cerpin jamming away on the stage. He remembered this troll! He'd been a sponsor on Superstar Authority! Delighted, he tried to climb on stage to join him for the song.

"And if I should falter would you open your arms out to me?" The hemoanon boy sang, both to Cerpin and a certain troll of his own. The song had resonated with him for similiar reasons to the purpleblood, though he was unaware of this fact. Philip entertained no notions of his own partner somewhere out there in the crowd watching him. Kwelin was back at the booth making sure it ran smoothly. He wasn't the type to leave his post until it was his actual scheduled break.

So he was free to let loose as much as he wanted!

"We can make love not war and live at peace in our hearts!" The detective continued on, trying to match Cerpin's dance moves. He had no trouble keeping up with his energy!

"I'm so in love with youuu! I'll be forever blueee!" Philip dramatically sang along, enjoying the theatrics of performing like this. He held his arms in a pleading position to convey the desperation in the lyrics.

"What religion or reason could drive a man to forsake his lover?" The troll questioned as he bounced around to the beat with Cerpin. The booming rhythm was too strong to resist!

"Don't you tell me no-" Philip grinned and pointed to his singing companion, switching off the repetitive lines leading to the climax. "Don't you tell me no-"

"Soooooul, I hear you callllllling- oh baby pleaseeee!" He sang together with the rockstar for the final lyric to the chorus.

"Give a little respectttt toooo meeee!" Philip finished in a pose next to the highblood. As the song ended he found himself laughing and apologized to the older troll.

"Sorry, you were just so fun I had to join! I'll be back tomorrow to hear your next song!"

Yamashii

Doutei

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:19 pm
Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: purplerosesbeauty
Troll Name: Acteon Lyalle
Result: 4

Response:
Okay, Acteon was not the type of girl, the type of singer to really do bad. Not on accident. Bored of the plain old music styling, they went up to the booth to sing as poorly as possible. Sounding like a yowling meowbeast, Acteon sang a song without even bothering to look at the lyrics on screen. Their eyes scanned the crowd for reactions... when someone noticed they'd change it up, use another method.

Steppy frowned and shoved them away from the microphone harshly, taking it from them and prancing away with it. "Ugh, dad, give it back, I wasn't done!" they whined, chasing after him.

ImaginationsParadise rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:26 pm
Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: ImaginationsParadise
Troll Name: Polair Rision
Result: 10! Okay-ish!

Response:

Polair still felt a bit shaken by the Sofishtication booth, the dark thoughts that had crept her mind came back. She needed to wind down and relax or at least find something else to do. That's when she stumbled in this musically inclined booth.

She could still remember last bloodfest, signing to a nice song that would open up the doors to stardom. Taking the mic, she selected a song she knew in hopes that could cheer her up. No, not good. It was a decent performance but not good enough. Not like she always did on stage. "What gives?" She scolded herself. "I'm not like this."

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Micillia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:41 pm
Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: Me!
Troll Name: Punkie
Result:
1-5: You struggle to keep up and are behind nearly the entire time. Either you feel nervous, or simply struggle to carry a tune!

Response:
Punkie... lived her life to her own tune. Sometimes that tune fit in perfectly with the things around. And sometimes that tune clashed abhorrently... Tonight was one of the later moments. It didn't really matter to the juggalo tho, she danced away, singing more in volume than precision or quality. "I said hey, what's goin' on?" Punkie sang, then her favorite part of the song she carried in her plump biscuit. Mostly because it involved yelling. Yelling, by the way, often did not involve carrying a tune. Punkie took a deep breath, ready to give this next line her all. "WHOOO! And i sing at the top of my lungs, Whats goin' on?"  
Buzzwulf rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:59 pm
Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: Buzzwulf
Troll Name: Quella Fehtan
Result: 12! While not perfect, you actually find your groove and manage to make your way through it..even if you hum a little!

Response:

After the debacle of the first day, Quella was absolutely determined to find a song that wasn't gogawful trash this time. She took a quick spin around the jukebox, looking for something she'd heard before. Luckily enough, the hunter actually managed to track down a song she'd actually listened to. "One of us must die". Vibrant backbeats filled the soundsystem as Quella bobbed her head slowly, getting into the rhythm as it sped up. Vocals began, nice and sweet at first, some filler as the song led to the the hook.

"She moves so slowly,
like a shadow dancing from a flame
she's a storm cloud with a gentle rain
effortless and free

as the hours rush by
I can hunt her through the hours wide
I can feel it coming like a tide
it rolls over me"

And then the guitar erupted and something in one of the speakers popped as it shorted out. The prompt on the vocals just read [incoherent screaming] over and over again.

Quella shrugged. Guess she didn't remember this song as well as she thought. Whoops. The benches began to clear very, very quickly as something very much like an animal dying erupted from the loud blueblood's chagrin tunnel. She definitely didn't remember this song being... twenty minutes long?

Whatever. She was having fun. She added a few howls, just cause she could.  

Buzzwulf

Hobo Pixi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:02 am
Booth is Closed for roll over!

Trivia:

Prince was indeed the answer!

Yamashiix
User Image
Trevel personally hands Cerpin a ticket. "Glad to see sometroll shares good tastes in music with me."

Best Karaoke Score!

Buzzwulf
User Image
Eyzaak hands Quella a ticket. "Great singing today! Please come back tomorrow!"

Participation
1. Purp
2. Imagin
3. Micillia

Micilliax
User Image
Eckios shyly hands the loud troll a ticket, "T-thanks for coming."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:11 am
WOW gaia and your batch command errors can bite me.  

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:14 am
Eckios moved closer to Polair. He knew who this was...and seeing her was a welcomed site. Gently tapping on her arm, he knew she couldn't likely see his smile..but she would be able to hear it! "I..if it makes you feel any better. I think you did amazing...thank you for coming by." The small boy added with a generous amount of warmth in his heart as he gave her had a pat of encouragement. They had met by chance...and while only half of his world was dark..she being a seadweller, had to deal with both of her eyes being impaired. He admired her, she was brave and faced her reality head on it seemed like

Quote:
@ImaginationsParadise

Eckios's attention fell on Emiola. She seemed so excited! The small boy couldn't help but watch..it was a little rude but he was an awkward child, and simply lacked social manners. He had gotten better living around Eilidh, Xavier and now especially Trevel..but his tendency to mimic his lusus, and eccentric behavior made up for his usual mannerisms. "Murr...'s ok! You will have plenty of other tries!" He giggled softly, her enthusiasm was inspiring to say the least!
Quote:
@Melancholies

Eckios had been crouched down, adjusting a few things for the booth as he noticed one of the trolls who stepped up..seemed fairly mortified. He knew that feeling all too well and smiled gently at them in encouragement to the blueblood. "Hey..you did really good. It can be a little scary when you first try somethin' new...here!" He passed her a microphone, although they were up for grabs for anyone. Eckios made the exchange quick so she could go back to fleeing as he was sure his stopping the other didn't make it any better.

So when she came back the next night..and performed even better, he let out his own fox-like yip of delight. The clapped for the other troll, despite himself. Was it wrong of him to be praising a complete stranger?!

Quote:
@Buzzwolf: Just icly giving her the freebie since Kio hopes to see her come back!

Enthralled momentarily, Eckios listened to Cerpin's performance. A curious look crossed his face, a similar one he usually wore when he listened to Trevel play. What was it exactly about music that was so inspiring? Eckios smiled thoughtfully, the boy's eyes lit up with childish amusement. He had been a bit nervous about using his powers, but at that moment he forgot about his worries as he smiled. Before long, he got back to making sure everyone's scores were recorded.
Quote:
@Yamashii: quote from both kiddos lol

Eyzaak grinned as he noticed Cerpin drop by his, Trevel's and Eckios's booth. The older rebel was a pretty cool dude, he usually was in the thick of things and had a larger than life attitude. He had a funny feeling he and Trevel would get along for what it was worth. "Yooo! That was pretty sweet I gotta say!" He grinned at the other, impressed by the others obvious showing off. He glanced at the other in a curious manner. "I dunno how to sing, but this guy can." He jerked a thumb at Trevel.

Eyzaak wasn't exactly sure if he could act like he knew Cerpin or not..it was a bit of grey area. So he tried for a cheery, albeit friendly neutral. It was easy to be friendly when the other was turning up the charm like he, Eyzaak assumed had to be well known for. He knew Trevel wouldn't back down from a challenge, but it'd be fun to hear his friend sing and maybe even get in on a performance with the other musician. Eyzaak was tempted to talk Trevel into teaching him how to play drums...he didn't have a single damn bone in his body that knew how to sing. He sounded AWFUL when he did it.

Quote:
@Yamashii

Eyzaak nodded at Acteon as the other went on for their performance. He had a feeling the other was somehow..holding themselves back? When they would sing, it was so spot on..only to fade back into the general flow of the music. Maybe he was hearing things! A smile broke out the bluebloods face as he gave the other a thumbs up. He didn't want to break her flow, but her little dancing and added humming for extra effect didn't go unnoticed.
Quote:
@purplerosebeauty

Eyzaak jumped when Punkie went on stage. WOAH what was the yelling suddenly for? He would need to adjust the volume juuuuust... a tad bit. It was almost like listening to one of Kio's sound blasts. Yikes. He had to give the orangeblood credit for belting it out at least! He looked at her with a sheepish smile. "Hey-yeah...I dunno whats goin' on but you sure do know whats up." He smiled good-naturedly, playing into the song a bit.
Quote:
@Micillia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:15 am
Day 3 is Open!

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
Melancholies rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:19 am
Guess That Trivia

Username: Melancholies
Troll Name: Emiola Vivace
Prompt: "The sackbut was an early form of which musical instrument?"

Response:
    "TTTTTROMBONE" Emiola came in screaming. "It's a trombone! Easy. Sort of. Okay! I guess that's sort of a niche thing to know. Listen! My life is music. I live and breath this stuff!" She laughed loudly, "It isn't my fault it's like, the best stuff ever. You guys should know. Y'all are like, runnin' a musical booth."

She threw out an arbitrary peace sign. She was all set to do karaoke when suddenly, she saw her. The giant women. Quella.

Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: Melancholies
Troll Name: Emiola Vivace
Result: 13 (7-15: While not perfect, you actually find your groove and manage to make your way through it..even if you hum a little!)

Response:
    "YOOOOOOOOO!" She hollered out to the blueblood, My bro! My dude! QUELLAAAAA!" She didn't even bother to actually explain what she was doing. Instead she grabbed the mic, selected a track blindly, and threw it in for a good ol sing along. Turns out it was some of the hardest, craziest, most metal s**t she'd ever heard in her life. She couldn't even understand the words. It was all just guttural screeching. Emi had never made sounds like the people on the track. Honestly, there was no way she could even match them. At least she had the pitch!

Maybe Quella could make up where she failed. She threw the microphone at her mid-song.

Buzzwulf

Buzzwulf rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:26 am
Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: Buzzwulf
Troll Name: Quella Fehtan
Result: 15

Response:

Quella flushed as Emi called her out, but she still hopped up on the stage with her fresh new microphone that the stage host themselves gave to her. She could tell Emi had no idea what to do with these lyrics, so the blueblood leaned in and whispered into the tealblood's spongeclot. A couple second later, the irrepressible tealblood began beatboxing. Pretty well, too. Quella took a deep breath.

"WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

That sure cleared the stands pretty quick. Quella grinned at Emiola, giving her a huge thumbs-up. She was really getting the hang of this karaoke thing.

Melancholies
this was you I take no responsibility.

Buzzwulf

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:57 am
Karaoke Sing-Along

Username: purplerosesbeauty
Troll Name: Acteon Lyalle
Result: 5

Response:
Acteon was always into karaoke, and even if they were bored sometimes, doing it alone, they weren't gonna pass up the opportunity. Especially when they could find a friend! Or an admirer. Both were good, honestly.

They spotted a blueblood who gave them a thumbs up, noticing them as they sang. They waved to them, and laughed. "Hey you!" they called in the middle of a song, completely dropping what they were doing. "Come up and sing with me! Yeah, you heard me." They laughed and kept waving to Eyzaak.

"Sing with meee, come on don't make me beg!" they said, sticking their tongue out.

leon_the_darkangel
acteon noticed him too

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas