Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:03 pm
User Image
Spear Chuckin'
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:04 pm
Spears lie all around the booth, leaning on things, laying on the floor, stabbed through target dummies, and in the hand of one large blueblood. "Hey!" The girl yells as she sees you pass. "Get your posture pole over here!" The huge blueblood is clearly not taking no for an answer. As you approach, she jams a spear into your hands and spins you around to face a bunch of poorly-painted training dummies. A bunch of stick bound together with volleyballs stuck on the top, troll faces painted on. "Really, it’s not hard. Just lean back and throw!"

"WAIT! Waitwaitwait!" A winged greenblood shouts as she pulls a spear out of one of the target dummies, and straightens another one. “Let me get out of the way!” She retreats out of the danger zone, and nods her head. Its time, go for it.

Quote:
How to play: Spear Chuckin’
Roll 3d20 and figure out how well you did! Each roll is a single thrown spear, and each troll can play the game once a day.

D20 results:

1-7: You missed! No points on this throw!
8-10: You just managed to nick one! You get 3 points this throw! Damn, those things are HEAVY.
11-14: You hit the straw padding with a thump, and your spear sticks! You get 5 points on this throw. That was… immensely satisfying.
15-17: You hit the dummy square in the chest! Your spear sticks and you can hear both trolls cheer from behind the booth! You get 7 points this throw!
18-19: You hit the dummy so hard it snaps at the base and falls to the ground! “Extra points!” comes a yell from behind the booth. You get 9 points this throw!
20: CRITICAL HIT! You throw the spear right through the volleyball, which deflates with a satisfying POP! The booth trolls high five each other, then you. You score 15 points this throw!

Add up all the points you scored on your three throws, and that’s your daily total. Then submit with the following form and at least 50 words of RP!

This game will reset at 10PM PST each night. The top three point winners each day will that sweet, sweet ticket! If there are ties, the ticket will be awarded randomly among eligible trolls.

[b]I proved I could run with the pack![/b]
[b]My name:[/b]
[b]Total score today:[/b]

Buzzwulf

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 pm
sweet sweet prizes  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 pm
reserve post  

Buzzwulf

nepsah rolled 3 20-sided dice: 14, 4, 18 Total: 36 (3-60)

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:29 pm
I proved I could run with the pack!
My name: Deimos Somnus
Total score today: 14

YES." Oh he'd definitely be coming back to this booth all week. He'd have to tell Forera about it later, too. She'd get a kick out of it.

Green Minuet rolled 3 20-sided dice: 6, 15, 20 Total: 41 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:43 pm
My name: Lutrin Weesil
Total score today: 22

A feral scream rent the air, and an animal-like figure descended on the booth, a whirlwind of noise and action. A spray of snow went up, and from within the flurry, a spear shot out. It zipped past an unsuspecting tealblood, and a death shriek sounded. A nutbeast lay face down in the snow, the tooth of the spear embedded through its back.

The troll (it was a troll, though it resembled more a beast, wrapped as it was in pelts of white) came to a stop, breathing ragged, and eyes wild. Her lookstubs flitted to the booth, then to the targets behind it. Suddenly, she burst into motion, flashing over to the wall to grab one of the leaning spears. It landed deep in the chest of a standing dummy, rocking the target on its base. A second spear followed the first, and pierced the dummy through the head. The volleyball released a pitiful, miserable wheeze as it deflated.

The troll snatched a third spear from the rack. Her gaze darted from troll to troll, as she backed away, growling and bristling. The snow crunched beneath her heels. With another scream, she whipped the spear about her in a wide circle, kicking up a fresh spray of snow. In the flurry, the troll vanished. As the flakes settled, they revealed nothing but a pair of empty prints where she had stood only seconds before.

An abrupt scuffling noise on the other hand revealed her climbing over the top of the booth, and making her escape via rooftop.

nepsah
Traumatising your characters since '01.

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

ImaginationsParadise rolled 3 20-sided dice: 14, 4, 13 Total: 31 (3-60)

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:48 pm
My name: Yureey Ohnici (Not Cynril)
Total score today: 10!

Cynril honestly found brute force appealing. He found himself too slim, his frame was too slender. Here he could show off his strength though right? He was a strong troll after all! Or training to be... Anyways, the mutant blooded teen took his spears, looked at the dummies intensively and threw one of them. He hit it! He was so happy!

The second spear? Well, he missed.

But the third and last try, he hit a dummy! The teen couldn't help but holler. He was going to get good at this and Byakko would see his progress soon enough!  
Gl!tch~ rolled 3 20-sided dice: 19, 12, 3 Total: 34 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Now this was Luxara's kind of booth. Not quite long-range in the way she liked, but still in the vein of huntng. She could dig it. She liked the booth-runner's energy, too. Kind of reminded her of Forera.

Keeping her cool as Ardais, Luxara quietly collected her spears. She prepped each throw, one by one. First toss? Basically perfect. Still got it. Sweet. Second one, still pretty good. Last one...a miss. Had to be. Just in case anyone was watching. She couldn't draw attention to herself...

Ardais just gave a casual shrug. Oh well. She'd try again next time.

My name: Ardais Leethe
Total score today: 14  

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
purplerosesbeauty rolled 3 20-sided dice: 4, 15, 12 Total: 31 (3-60)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:31 pm
My name: Natash Boelli
Total score today: 11

This was more acceptable of a booth for a girl like Gnash! Or at least, her lusus felt so. Honing physical ability, and weapons training was more appropriate for a seadweller. She even used harpoons, which were pretty similar to spears, weren't they?

She picked one up and tossed it, missing entirely. Her other ones hit though. Yay!

saedusk rolled 3 20-sided dice: 20, 15, 13 Total: 48 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.On the rare occasion Masoal slipped away from Emiola (even if it only lasted a moment), he usually spent his time avoiding the crowds as much as possible. It was during one of those hunts for a less congested area that he happened to wander near a booth run by someone he actually recognized and for once he found himself drawn towards a booth as opposed to away from it despite the uncomfortable number of trolls nearby. And there wasn't even food involved this time.

Masoal scrunched his nose at the greenblood he didn't recognize, but his true attention was on Quella, and he watched her for a short time as she instructed each participant. Then he finally stepped up, making sure to announce himself with the same sort of exaggerated self-confidence she'd probably expect.

"You don't have to explain it to me," he told Quella as he took the spears. "I can handle it." To his benefit, he'd trained sweeps for things like this. It helped enough that each of his throws was steady and true and even if they weren't all perfect, they were at least good. Especially the first one. Masoal puffed up a bit. He hoped Quella was impressed.

Not that he was trying to impress her or anything.

My name: Masoal Fadyas
Total score today: 27  

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

DraconicFeline rolled 3 20-sided dice: 17, 18, 5 Total: 40 (3-60)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Nanogg Breckt
Nanogg wouldn't have been able to avoid the spear-chucking booth, even if he had tried. Which he wasn't, because even if Quella (She had gotten huuuuge!) and Se'lune (he wanted to be big, so badly...) weren't the ones running it, Mari would still have been all over it.

As far as he could tell, most of the booth participants were actually NOT outsiders. He knew a few of the aliases, and some of the names he'd heard around. And, of course, he knew Cynril.

No one else actually mattered, honestly. The outsiders weren't really that interesting, not that he could tell anyway.

"Here." he handed Mari one of the spears, taking one in hand, "You give it a shot, and then me."

And Mari did.

The spear was much too big for her, but Mari was used to cutting big things down to size. Though no literal chiseling was involved, the imp managed an impressive maneuver... that sent the spear flying.

Nanogg gave it a try, too, but his spear didn't fly as true. A flicker of envy rose inside of him, then pure adoration for his mom. He gave her a second spear -- the third one.

"Do it again." and she did... but, she was visibly not willing to do that again. Still, the dummy was cracked and broken. She'd done her job, like a good lusus protector.

She curled on his shoulders as he stroked her hair.

"How'd we do, Quella?" he said, teasing.

My name: Nanogg Brecht
Total score today: 16  
Sypon rolled 3 20-sided dice: 8, 12, 3 Total: 23 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 pm
“Ah! This is a straight-forward booth, Oisier. Simply weapons training. We do like that a lot, let us find out what there is to see.”

Reisio stepped up to Quella, giving them a stiff bow as they appraised the spears scattered all over the place. This was a troll with a singlemost mindset, and such simplicity was appreciated. The youngster picked up a spear (pretending it wasn’t as heavy as it was for their small-ish frame), and tossed it.

Phew. The weapon was very heavy, and they barely made a dent on their target. The form was something they understood though, and using the trial and error of their first pass Reisio went for the second. A palpable hit! They clapped their hands together and looked at Oisier for approval.

Unfortunately, their luck would not last. Arms a bit noodlier than they wished, they whiffed it on their last toss. Alas.

"Have a go!" Reisio suggested.

My name: Reisio
Total score today: 7

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

screamingshark rolled 3 20-sided dice: 20, 12, 9 Total: 41 (3-60)

screamingshark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 pm
My name: Knetic Corbid
Total score today: 23

Okay throwing spears can't be so hard. It's just hurling a large pointy stick into the wind right? He can do this. He wobbles a bit under the first spear but throws it cleanly, watching the volleyball pop with a loud satisfying sound.

Now cocky from the first shot, he takes aim with the second and shoots! When the spear firmly embeds itself into the straw he feels an intense satisfaction that just can't be beat. It isn't perfect but not every throw can be a winner.

All right one final spear. He can feel the slight muscle fatigue and barely nicks the target with it. Aw well, there's always tomorrow!  
seekingCylem rolled 3 20-sided dice: 5, 7, 10 Total: 22 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oisier appraised the booth while Reisio approached first. It wasn't necessarily to their tastes, to say the least. Oisier could appreciate the clarity of intent, however. Not to mention the blueblood running the booth was clearly a master of her craft. Oisier joined Reisio in their bow.

Despite their respect for a fellow highblood, Oisier found it difficult for their attention not to stray to the greenblood busying themselves in the back. They had wings. A winged mutant just out and about like that! Eventually they decided that a beneficial mutation resulting in additional limbs was a perfectly respectable trait to possess. Oisier felt satisfied with their deduction (and a touch jealous).

They turned back to the targets. Reisio had made an admirable mark on the dummy, but only one. Oisier clapped gently, but didn't feel much optimism for their own attempt. The feeling was further solidified when they hefted one of the spears. They grunted with the effort.

Oisier attempted to balance the spear over their shoulder like they'd seen of athletes. Their diminutive size and upper body strength resulted in the spear teetering violently above their horns. Oisier didn't so much throw the spear as spin it in the general direction of the target. Once, twice, they managed to at least contact the dummy. They supposed in an actual combat situation they would have at least proved a solid distraction.

Oisier frowned. "Together we scored ten points. An admirable amount."

My name: Oisier
Total score today: 3  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm
They nodded curtly, reminded by their twin that - actually - their mediocrity was not at all that. They did a very good job as a collective.

"Certainly the environment of this training area is atypical of real combat. But surely we can improve. Tomorrow."  
Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff