Hunting was what he did. It was in his blood, his bones. So hunting for one of the MotherFather’s chosen was a simple task. The one he’d opted to seek was easy enough to find- she flouted her gift, met with any simple kin who so much as smiled at her. Which had led him here, to this grove, to find this so spoken chosen doe. And there she was, curled up to sleep.

“You. I seek a blessing,” he spoke loudly, following his throat being cleared.

In the midst of a particularly good dream, Roses in Bloom was startled awake, blinking both eyes as she tried to focus on the buck.

“Um—“

“No need to get up on my account,” Sentinel spoke, face still full of disdain as he regarded her. “We can make this simple and quick. I seek a boon for my children. Strength, talent in hunting. That’s all.”

Roses frowned to herself, at the very least raising her head to regard him. “And what of happiness? Good lives?”

“What I have requested will be fine,” Sentinel snapped his reply, curt and to the point. He ignored the doe’s sigh, even as she nodded.

“Very well. Strength and skill in hunting are what I wish for them,” She agreed. He didn’t even smile, the rude thing. He just gave her another of those short, sharp nods and turned to leave.

“And perhaps better manners than their father,” she muttered to herself, lowering her head and closing her eyes to resume her rest once more.