Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:06 pm
Name: Liulfr
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (might question this later on icly for ... reasons, but for explicit purposes of this here profiles, we're going to say hetero)
Craft: Weyr Cleaner (omg does that count as a craft XD he still needs some income)
Physical Description: Easily towering over many at 6'2", Li is... not exactly graceful on his feet. He has the grace of a lumbering elephant through a china shop, and seems to not have entirely grown into his own body yet. Not entirely anyways; he appears to be at the cusp of adulthood and often seems to have trouble weighing in how much strength or pressure to use in x situations. He sports his mother's auburn hair in messy bangs that despite looks... he meticulously preens in an attempt to make himself presentable and garner attention from the opposite sex with... lackluster success for the time being.

He seems to be more at home with practical attire and tends to veer towards pelts, leathers and the like when given the choice.I have visual ref for him here - I own this art, it is my character, yes. If the eye patch is not allowed, worry not - I will gladly just say he's a doofus that decided to wear it for cool points, only to realize how hindering it would be in reality in flight, at which point he'd lose it.
Personality: It's hard to compare such a large, scary guy with a loyal puppy, and yet the comparison is clear to those that bother to get close to him. Li's not exactly dumb muscle but... close enough, and really, all he wants is for people to give him a chance. He's easy to win over, and he very rarely, if ever losses faith in those he loves.

Li's strong and he, himself, believes this to be his best quality, given it's the one he's managed to make the best use out of. He's failed to see that most people that really want to befriend him don't really care about how strong he is. It's often time those that wish to take advantage of him that hone on to this particular skill of his but alas. Regardless, if you need blunt muscle, Li's your guy; he will gladly steam roll through any sort of situation given half a chance, for the right people. It's worked for him in the past, so he doesn't seem to care that it might not in the future. He's got stamina, strength and raw power and at the end of the day, is a force to be reckoned with, even if the planning isn't exactly his strong suit.

Let it never be said that Li does not know how to have fun. He's playful, can flirt when he's given half a queue (if it's not serious anyhow - what is this love thing you speak of, he's going to blush 30 shades of red if anyone so much as reciprocates slightly - he wasn't expecting it to actually WORK, holy s**t, what to do now?!) and yet has no problem pulling back if the situation doesn't sway that way. At the end of the day, all he really wants to do is have fun. Unfortunately, his foreboding disposition, eerily sharp eyes and slightly off putting physical looks tends to make people walk in the opposite direction rather than give him a try. A pity, really, because he can be a bit of a large teddy bear, when given half a chance. It seems that Li has no qualm with giving others the chances people seem to deny him. Deformed, you say? He couldn't care less. Your sexuality? Religion? Whatever, no ******** given that day or any other for that matter. Would you like to hang out? Maybe play a game of the Pern equivalent of twister if everything goes right, if you know what I mean? *eyebrow waggle* In all honesty though, for all his talk, he's actually rather shy, so even if that game of twister does go right, you're more likely to have a blushing mess of a young man at your hands rather than a flirty one.

Unfortunately for everyone involved, Li is simply not the brightest star in the heavens. Or maybe, perhaps he is, we shall never know, because he refuses to put himself through any sort of academic work or learning process that requires him to read more than one book or scroll - these sessions tend to end in almost literal table flipping, which is unfortunate given candidates have to suffer through lessons. Unless basically forced into it, Li's not going anywhere near this, and even then, he's going to go screaming and kicking. Rather than rationalize or pause to think, Li has the VERY bad habit of muscling his way through every and all situations, and sometimes... things calls for finesse. He's a gut feeling sort of guy, and gut can't get you everywhere. Poor guy has a raging inferiority complex, probably stemming directly from his difficulty with mental stimulation. Whenever threatened, he tends to roll up like an overly prickly porcupine that's protecting his tender tummy. Except, well... this porcupine also takes the opportunity to cannonball through his opponents while he's at it. Underneath it all though, when inspected carefully, it's rather obvious Li just doesn't really like himself all that much. He doesn't like that he's slow on the uptake, and he really doesn't like that he's THINKS (and after all, perception is sadly a b***h) he's not exactly aesthetically pleasing.

The fact he's always had a bit of trouble making friends means he tends to be a bit... clingy. He gets jealous with ease and tends to fall victim of feeling insecure with great ease. This manifests with a fierce over-protectiveness that can get overbearing if not stopped in time. It's not going to matter to him if you don't need help; he's going to go in and help whether to want him to or not.

Li can often get confused with ease and sadly, his go to emotion when he feels confused is rage. It clearly stems from his inferiority complex and the fact he tends to associate confusion with being made fun of, but still, it does not actually negate or otherwise excuse the fact he has a short fuse. When in doubt, growl, seems to be his motto, and sadly this does not help his overall scary appearance. Even if he's got a short fuse, most of it is general growling, rather than physical violence. He knows where the limits are, and it'll take a lot more pushing to get him to breach them. You'll always get several warning growls before you push him over.
Positive Trait List LOYAL | STRONG | PLAYFUL | ACCEPTING
Negative Trait List SLOW ON THE UPTAKE | INFERIORITY COMPLEX | OVER PROTECTIVE | VERY SHORT FUSE
History: Born within High Reaches Weyr to strongly traditionalist parents. While both of them were candidates, only his mother managed to impress, and his father took up a Crecheworker position. When Li was born, it was mostly his father whom raised him, given his mother was rather busy with her schedule, and sadly enough, before Li reached Impression age, she died in a terrible accident that neither father or son like to speak of much (a great coping technique, I know). Despite that, when he did come of age, Li knew instantly his heart was set on trying to impress a hatchling; feeling like in some way, it allowed him to be closer to his mother that way. Despite being 20, he does not yet despair.
Other: I AM SO NEW OMG hold me

Candidate Specific Questions
Do you want them to have an official Search RP? No (for no other reason than I'm extremely new to the setting and am going to require hand holding from friends - I rather not put the staff through the pain of this xD; )
Do you understand they will age every passing year regardless if you're there to RP the or not? Yes
Do you want them to have a possible Stands Impression? No need! Standard is fine for my first XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 pm

Approved.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Approved Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items